Is marvel worth reafing anymore?

Is marvel worth reafing anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/ybe8y3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Only Vision

Neither of the big two is worth reading.

All the good current comics are non big two

Maybe for Kamala.

Not when an crossover event is going on.

vision is amazing

I have liked Bendis for years, so at the moment I couldn't be happier

all the alt right idiots complaining about race are giving Marvel a bad name right now

0/10 bait

I wish superheroes were real

I see what you did there.

Vision is ending.

end your life

Only for Vision (which is ending soon) and Ms. Marvel (which is suffering from delays due to CW2's own delays)

And I know it's fallen out of favor around these parts but I still enjoy Spider-Gwen and the exploration of its alternate earth (You have no idea how freeing it is to have a book that's unbound by Bendis' and Slott's bullshit)

They're at a point where they're doing two, practically 3 events in a year.

Crossovers are honestly great and the way to go if you wanna tell these big stories with huge casts in my opinion. Look at Utopia.
It's the big "anchored by a limited series" is where it's shit.

Not any of their A-Listers, but there's plenty of good-to-great titles in their smaller names.
So, it depends what you mean by "is Marvel worth reading". Are all Marvel books worth it? Hell no. Is there any Marvel worth reading? Absolutely. Are there enough good Marvel books to build a decent pull list? Yes, there are.
It's not hard. Company warring faggots will try to insist that because DC is good at the moment it's not possible that anything good could come out of Marvel, but that's really not true.

Non Marvelfag here, is Civil War 2 over yet? Wanna give it a read but I want to wait til it's all done

Not until December.

>Wanna give it a read
Marvelfag here.
WHY.

Bro Civil War 2 isn't the only shit thing Marvel is putting out. Just look at their solicits. Everything is bad. This guy can't even be arsed to list the "good" titles they have. What does that tell you?

it's not even worth to use as a toilet paper

Vision, Ultimates, New Avengers, Contest of Champions, Uncanny Avengers, Howard the Duck, Gwenpool, Squadron Supreme, Hyperion, Nighthawk, Spider-Man/Deadpool, Spidey, Silk, Totally Awesome Hulk, Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, Moon Knight, Ant-Man, Venom: Spaceknight, and I'm personally a fan of the Captain Americas, Scarlet Witch, and Black Widow, though I'm aware they're not popular.

>and I'm personally a fan of the Captain Americas
>Spencer
wew

Yeah.
I'm not saying they're objectively good or even that most people would like them, but I think they're pretty decent. Hell, prior to Rebirth, Sam Wilson was generally agreed to be "pretty good".

No

Oh sure. There's plenty of good titles.

Vision, Moon Knight, Hawkeye, TA Hulk, Ms Marvel, Gwenpool, Spider-Man and Deadpool, Carnage.

Sure there's lots of bad titles too, but that's always the case.

I forgot about Carnage, but... Hawkeye? What? There wasn't an ANAD Hawkeye.

Out of the current books, only Vision and Ultimates are worth reading.

Vision and Spider-man 2099. Uncanny X-men has been okay. Needs a different artist. Maybe Deadpool if that's your thing.

>Needs a different artist
X-Men books have had a different artist for each arc for several years at this point.
So, you take a little Land, then get your next artist for a couple months, then you get Land again.
It's just how it is phamalam.

Nope.

Well, i add Old Man Logan(I don't understand why no one say anything good about this series. I really like it so far) to the list of "good marvel reads". Also All New Wolverine and, even if not in the Marvel Universe, some Star Wars comics (Republic and Empire)

What this man said.

Scarlet Witch is good and totally under the radar.

Any faggot that calls himself a faggot is a faggot. That's a triple negative which means you fail.

Vision is boring and fat.

sadly, no.

Squadron Supreme is the only comic reading right now, that and Invincible, though I'm currently considering dropping Invincible and I'm unsure about how long the former can keep going.

I tried getting back into DC with rebirth but none of the books are interesting, so I'm likely going to end up finally not reading comics soon.

Oh, I thought Vision was finished?

I'm likely going to keep reading that.

It ends at #12

well, fuck.

No.

And which comics would happen to be the "good" ones?

I'm tired of their "heroes vs heroes" thing.

At least have the villains make serious inroads, due to heroic infighting.

gtfo idubbbz

not really, its gone to complete shit

Well there's like 1 or 2 diamonds still in that pile but they're mostly books that are uninvolved in the grand schemes of things.

YES! It give immense social insight to people who might no experience being marginalised. While also showing representation of women and POCs. This at the price of the cookie cutter white male hero is a bargin IMO. It might not be the Marvel you grew up with, nor perfect, but I see it as a positive force in society.

Vision is great, everything else Marvel does is pandering to minorities who don't read comics but call comics racist on their tumblr blogs. DC is also pandering, just to an army of young, white men (AKA "THE FANBASE"). I'm a lifelong reader and quit on both for the time being.

>though I'm aware they're not popular.
Or good for that matter.

Well, that's why I didn't say that they were. I said that I liked them, regardless of quality.
It's kind of telling that all the criticisms that people of making of that list are the ones that I specifically noted as not being "good", just ones that I enjoy. I guess you have no problems with the rest of the list?

The only good titles on that list are Moon Knight and Vision. Vision is a dead book now too, which leaves only Moon Knight.

DC, on the other hand, has tons and tons worth reading.

>Action Comics
>All Star Batman
>Aquaman
>Batgirl
>Batgirl and the Birds of Prey
>Batman
>Blue Beetle
>Deathstroke
>Detective Comics
>Green Arrow
>Green Lanterns
>Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
>Hellblazer
>Nightwing
>New Super-Man
>Red Hood and the Outlaws
>Supergirl
>Superman
>Superwoman
>Titans

Plus
>Doom Patrol
>Shade the Changing Girl
>Mother Panic
>Cave Carson and his Cybernetic Eye (or whatever it's called)

Plus, new series like Teen Titans, Trinity and Super Sons all to come

Loving this DC Domination

Marvel? More like Snore-lel

>DC is also pandering, just to an army of young, white men (AKA "THE FANBASE").
How can you say that when New Super-Man exists

Books I'm enjoying:

Vision, New Avengers, Moon Knight (kind of, it's starting to seem too up its own ass), Carnage, Ultimates, Gwenpool, the Captain America books (even if Spencer's social commentary can be cringey)

Honestly I think you'd find at least a few that interest you, it's just that the bad can be so bad it drowns out the rest of the books when looking.

>Blue Beetle
>Green Lanterns
>Hellblazer
>Nu-Doom Patrol
>Better than anything on that list
Wow.

Joke's on you, I'm super far left and hate him for being a jew who writes a black kid, a black girl, and a gypsy. Cultural appropriating shitlord.

> (even if Spencer's social commentary can be cringey)

Like what?

I'm only in it for Vision and Moon Knight, maybe the upcoming Ghost Rider if only for the art.

Aside from that, there is absolutely nothing modern I find worth reading.

No, you should never touch anything Marvel ever

Nope, it's getting delayed now. Sometimes, I wish events had to be completed in their entirety before a company bases their next relaunch along it.

Dude, that's their planned model now. They relaunch with a new "season" every year or so with some big overarching plotline or event to tie all the books together. It's be a miracle if a book makes it further than 12 issues anymore.

I'm sure you've seen the Red Skull/Viper/etc. pages and now the Americops stuff. I don't find it anywhere near as bad as others do but it is pretty hamfisted, Spencer works better with just humor and action, although he is getting better judging by his USAgent and the last issue in general.

>it's only good if I SAY it's good

Oh god fuck off, not only do you have shit taste but you're a presumptuous idiot too. Bendis is garbage and Kamala is garbage.

i like ms. marvel but she's my waifu so im biased

There's some good stuff buried in the mountain of shit.

>Gwenpool
>Vision
>Carnage
>Ultimates
>Ms. Marvel
>Meme Knight
>Silk
>Spider-man/Deadpool

are all great.

I'm pretty center-right, and I still don't see the problem with those Red Skull pages. Making legitimate points and appealing to the public first is how ALL dictators get into power.
And as you pointed out, man loves USAgent and isn't making him a bad guy or a liberal. Earns him respect from me.

Books I'm reading in no particular order.

>Vision
Which is ending soon.
>Carnage
Which is ending soon?
>Astonishing Ant-Man
Starting to get stale and always felt like a less good Superior Foes anyway.
>Moon Knight
Also starting to get stale. How many times can we retread the "is he crazy or not?" angle?
>Ms. Marvel
Even with Wilson's generally complete control over the book, you can tell editorial bleeds in a lot nowadays, especially with CW2.
>Black Panther
Coates' inexperience with both comics as a medium and fiction in general has become pretty glaring. It's going nowhere fast.
>Daredevil
Say what you will about Soule, but I gave it a chance. It's starting to bore me with how slow and meandering it is.

You see the problem.

I feel you, at least there will be a lot of new books soon to try out. I'm just hoping we get a strong book that can last again.

>batgirl
>batgirl birds of prey
No.

>action comics
>six issues of doomsday
No.

>hal jordan
Mediocre.

>hellblazer
It's shit.

>titans
Shit.

Also
>listing books that still have to be released
Man, what's your problem? How can you say something is good when you didn't read it?

short answer:
No

Long answer:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

>indieshitter

Wanna give a try to black panther a nation under our feet, is it worth it?

It's pretty dull. Read the first issue online and see if it interests you.

poal.me/ybe8y3

according to intern-kun's poal it looks like anything by Al Ewing is a safe bet. Vision is top-tier and Gwenpool surprisingly good

Try Squadron Supreme.

Moon Knight is alright, but they did the bait-n-switch with the first nine issues being such a remarkable set, and the new team just "meh" which is why I stopped reading it

>Expecting a serious answer from a contrarian

It was a point at the diverse nature of DC's storytelling. Young Animal is lightears ahead of anything Marvel are putting out.

Looking forward to books based on creative teams is a bad thing, right?

LOL you're just upset Marvel are shite

As always, some books are good but most aren't. This is how it's been for the past 30 years.

>DC, on the other hand, has tons and tons worth reading.
And yet you only listed 5 books actually worth reading.

It's a troll, don't feed it.

You'd be right were it not for the fact that DC is currently publishing Flintstones.

>Shitting on Doom Patrol
Fuck off. It's only the issue.

the first issue*

underrated bait

Marvel gets talked about on this board way more then DC so I wanna say yes

People only want to talk about shit when they have something to complain about. Less so when they are pleased with the product.

The Accused, The Fallen and the Totally Awesome Hulk tie ins were alright,
Main Civil War II is complete fuck tho.

I dunno, OP. It would be difficult to make coral reafs on paper. Maybe if Marvel comics were made out of old naval ships, then that would work.

>reafing

Yeah, that's right. Cred Forums does not even read comics.

nope

Marvel stopped being good in the 90s kiddo.

The only comics from the big two I read anymore is Vision and New Superman.

Recent stuff hasn't been great, but give the time. They'll do good stories for everyone again. So far, I only like New Avengers, A-Force, Ms. Marvel, Gwenpool and Contest of Champions. Most of their other stuff has been pretty stale or just shit. You can just read older stories you might have missed.

I've never read the Vision, where should I start from?

It's a new series, so Vision #1.

Vision has never had much in the way of solo stuff. He's so integral to the Avengers as a whole that it's pretty much the only place you'll find him.

Just read King's Vision from #1 you don't really need to know anything about him and they explain his history in one issue.

Marvel has a couple good books but most of it is innocuous, dumb garbage. Maybe 3-4 books worth reading.

To be fair though only maybe 4-5 DC Rebirth books are even worth reading.

This is how comic books have always worked. There's a TON of shit out there. You have to look specifically for the good books.

And it was shit.

Marvel really fucked itself over with Civil War II, huh? It's completely derailed half of their books with such a stupid premise.

Not really. He tried way too hard on something that no one's even going to bother reading because it's too long, and is identifiable as bait just by the tumbnail of the image.

It's a lot of effort applied to bait that no one's going to take despite this being Cred Forums, the single easiest to bait board on the whole site.

Read all the X-Men in order and then forget about Marvel forever

Marvel stopped being good in the 80s kiddo.

You should check out more of DC Rebirth's offerings. New Super-man is great, but pretty much their entire line with only a couple exceptions are absolutely phenomenal. If you like New Super-man then I highly recommend Superman, Action Comics, Superwoman, and the upcoming Supersons which is no doubt going to be another genre-defining classic from Based DC.

Why hello user.

Just read Spider-Man up to the clone saga and don't read anymore. Best thing Marvel has ever had to offer.

it´s all just sjw shit at this point so I don´t care

I only come here to laugh at you

Except DC rebirth exists

Standoff was great though. The problem here is this is an event under Bendis' control.

Member when Marvel heroes fought villains, instead of each other?

No.

Action Comics is not very good at all.

>Literally a tumblr post
All you need to know

Well the villain is now society, and it's hard to literally punch society

They were never worth reading.

And it's not going to stop anytime soon if this whole "seasonal model" thing is to be believed.