Is it a Halloween movie or a Christmas movie?

Is it a Halloween movie or a Christmas movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/10/18/nightmare-before-christmas-is-a-halloween-movie-says-director
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck off

It's a Christmas movie targeted at the Hot Topic audience.

It's a mid-life crisis movie.

This

Hot Topic didn't even exist back then.

First of November movie.

it did, founded in 1988, but saying the movie was made for that crowd is wrong.

>post-life crisis

I...
I don't know

>Release dates: October 29, 1993
It's a Halloween movie.

Both

Thanksgiving movie.

It's a Thanksgiving movie.

Ba-dum tsh

Henry Selick officially declared it a Halloween movie.

birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/10/18/nightmare-before-christmas-is-a-halloween-movie-says-director

I always feel like Tim Burton's films are niche enough to where they can be watched whenever despite obvious Poe undertones that would lead most people to watch them around Halloween. I think you can pretty much watch this whenever because it's not really about Halloween or Christmas; it's mostly about a guy having a midlife and the antics that go with it.

The same plot could be applied to a guy who works an office job and wants to become a rockstar.

November movie

It's the movie you watch when stores take down the Halloween decorations and put up Christmas stuff.

young_mexican_girl_wise_beyond_her_age.jpg

This.

How can it be about a midlife crisis if hes already dead?

And halloween movie. Its about how they go from halloween right into the christmas season.

>How can it be about a midlife crisis if hes already dead?
Metaphorically user

>And halloween movie. Its about how they go from halloween right into the christmas season.

Selick's reasoning is that the movie is more about the people of Halloween and how they interpret things outside their world like Christmas and that's what makes it a Halloween movie

It's a thanksgiving movie.

>1988

Were there fucking goths in the 90s?

/thread. The rest of you can fuck off.

It can be both things

Thanksgiving movie, it's what's in between.

>Tim Burton's films
You're on Cred Forums, you should know better.

Die Hard came out in July, but it's still a Christmas movie.

It's not a Tim Burton movie though

It's not, but Oogie Boogie was a bag of bugs instead of Dr. Finklestein in a costume because Tim Burton kicked a hole in the wall in a fit of rage over how stupid that plot twist was and they used up too much remaining budget to fix that to be able to afford to stage it.

Best watched in November 2bh famalam

Goth has been a thing since 80s

actually, it's been a thing since the 5th century

It's a Thanksgiving movie.

it's a hallowstmas movie or a christmaween

It's a fucking shitty movie.

Its a musical

Fuck you it's both.

Decemberween?

Turkeymind

I think we may have gotten our 'weens' crossed.

this came out before there was a hottopic audience, damn your a young

right here

Wait, I want to know more

All I know is Oogie was originally just Dr. Finkelstein playing the role of a fearsome monster with Sally in his custody because he wanted to keep her in his clutches, he was a sort of warped Mother Gothel figure, or more of one than in the final film. I'd be curious to know if the seduction scene was present in the script back then, though. The reveal with Finkelstein inside the burlap costume has an animatic on the DVD.

it's a 11:45pm on oct 31st movie, watch it right as halloween is ending

Besides me agreeing with you ironically, its really not.

Already? I haven't even taken down my 4th of Xmas decorations yet.

yeesh

Thank God they changed it, that plot twist is stupid as fuck. Like, M. Shyamalan stupid.

>This isn't a Christmas movie, but they still only air it around Christmas.

>Were there fucking goths in the 90s?
people on Cred Forums get stupider by the day

I bought a trench coat about a year before the matrix came out. Once that movie hit every fucking faggot had one and I was suddenly, as far as most people were concerned, one of them. My parents weren't about to buy me another coat while the one I had just gotten was fine; I didn't have the money or will to spend that kind of money on a new coat.

I spent the first three years of high school chasing the other trench-bros away as they creeped up on me for drugs and lighters.

It's shit either way.

It was Australian Christmas.

wrong

I'd say it's more of a Holiday film.

No but seriously this was a genius fucking idea simply because you can market this on two of the biggest holiday months of the year.

>Movie flops on release
>See it in an almost completely empty theatre
>Instantly my favorite movie of all time
>Tell everyone about how good it is
>Skip to 2000 something, around the release of Kingdom hearts
>Suddenly everyone likes this movie
>Suddenly this movie is overrated
>Suddenly this movie is for edgy teenagers

Worst case of "it's popular so it sucks" I've ever experienced.

The real answer is the Generation X folks, helped smooth the transistion from Grunge to Emo/metal/goth (whatever you want to call it)

Are there really people out there who are THIS underage?

More than half the songs carry a halloween theme, so hallewoon.

it's so weird to me that this movie flopped. it seems so perfect for early 90's audiences.

What is it with Claymation movies just not doing well in theaters, regardless of actual quality?