New Marvel Solicit Thread

New Marvel Solicit Thread

newsarama.com/31107-marvel-comics-december-2016-solicitations.html

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/GWillowWilson/status/778278627234295808
marvel.com/news/comics/26742/marvel_now_hear_this_guardians_of_the_galaxy?linkId=29006582
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I thought we agreed that it's mostly a mess with nothing standing out as good except a handful of titles -with a bunch of other ones being maaaybe worth it for the art

>They finally announced who's writing Nova
Thank fucking god it's not Bendis or Ryan.

>CLASSIFIED makes his roaring return to the Marvel Universe! How will Sam Alexander cope with this unfathomable homecoming? It’s the return you’ve all been waiting for. Or is something...else?

Didn't they literally already tell us it was Dick? Who is this spoiler for?

i'm wondering if it's a troll and it's like Sam's dad. would lose my mind

I am wondering if the Captain Hydra solicits finally reflect what's in the actual issues with #7 and #8. The solicits aren't pointing to anything particularly interesting happening, though, and the last couple of issues have been dull as dishwater.

The one next week is Spencer's last chance to do anything interesting with the premise or I am dropping the book.

Yes but imagine if we could have a second thread for some reason

I mostly just skim issues for the Zemo stuff. I want to see if this breakdown shit will have any payoff.

They ever explain why Thor classic is unworthy?

Nope. I think Aaron is hoping everyone will forget

Still no answer as to who the new Venom is, but Venom: Spaceknight is still on the cover of The Guardians of the Galaxy.

Let's guess why, shall we?
Is it:

A) A lying cover
B) Bendis ignoring continuity
C) Flash actually gets to keep the symbiote and Mania's symbiote is the "classic" Venom
D) Other

Vote now using your mobile phones!

Can it be all of the above?

the old one was at like 600 posts, i figured discussion would continue in another

maybe in his new mini?

Did Cred Forums freak out over Beta Ray Bill showing up to help him

I know it's ending, but I'm glad Carnage lasted 16 issues.

Plus, it generated some of my favorite covers.

Has there been any good Zemo stuff?

Buying
>USAvengers
>Captain Marvel, at least the first issue
>Nova
>Gamora
>Star-Lord
>Champions, because I hate myself
>Cage
>World of Wakanda
>Magic Bullets
>Ghost Rider
Would have bought if not for the solicit:
>Hawkeye
Trade waiting:
>Hulk
>Prowler
>Slapstick
>Waidvengers
>Venom, but only if the "he" in the solicit is lying and it's Mania
>Unworthy Thor
>Great Lakes Avengers
>Renew Your Vows

That's actually quite a lot. Most of it will probably be shit, but at least there's some interesting stuff in there.

Unfortunately no. Jack Flag knocked him out in issue one and he has been unconscious since then.

Also he might very well be dead as issue #4 showed what is supposedly his burned up corpse. The only reason I am not 100% convinced he is dead is that all the big comic news sites like CBR and Newsarama have been really cagey about confirming his supposed death.

The prologue to Standoff was probably the best part. Since then he's been writing Zemo into kind of a mental spiral, has to hit rock bottom before he can get based again.

>i'm wondering if it's a troll and it's like Sam's dad. would lose my mind
I'll believe it's a proper Richard Rider series after they've written about 5 years of good comics about Rich. Before that I'll always assume that they'll reveal him to be a Skrull any minute because Brevoort decided there wasn't enough outrage that day.
This whole solicit sounds shady as fuck already so I'm keeping my expectations at rock fucking bottom. Plus there's this new writer and who knows if he's gonna be great or absolutely terrible.

goddammit

That Standoff prologue issue was so good, and then it's been a dumpster fire or just boring.

He was pretty fun on the Groot mini, but that was a comedy. Still, it's better than nothing.

That prologue+a podcast he did where he basically said Zemo would be important is probably the only reason I'm bothering to give him the benefit of the doubt and waiting for the other shoe to drop. I think it might be worth the buildup but we'll see.

Doesn't help that the Cap book has been treading water and been really boring so far. The outrage surrounding it has been more entertaining than the actual book.

Is it me or was Ms. Marvel not in the solicitations ?

Neither was Mockingbird

Shit man, it was fun seeing Clethus get involved in supernatural stuff. It was a good ride of terror.

I hope they didn't cancelled it. It seem like it was selling good.

Pretty sure it's going to 18 issues.

Zemo will resurface as Citizen V again

Mockingbird is officially canceled though, blame the patriarchy

it's fine

twitter.com/GWillowWilson/status/778278627234295808

>Just a skip month! Happens once in awhile to let everybody on the creative team catch up with each other.

Plot twist: it's Abraxas

Nick cast an unworthiness curse on him

In still fully expecting them to pull something like having the Worldmind take on Rich's form.

I liked it.
:(

oh good

i was worried they were doing something weird with kamala, but skipping a month after all the CW2 shit blows over is ok

Aw shit.

I just read the blub. It is Flash wearing the symbiote but the symbiote has been possessed by the demon previously trapped in the hellmark, who is now taking both of them for a joyride. Meanwhile bendis is ignoring continuity

So why is Doom lowering himself down to Iron Man's level again?

You can't draw a women in peril!

Because DOOM does as he pleases

>Flash wearing the symbiote but the symbiote has been possessed by the demon previously trapped in the hellmark, who is now taking both of them for a joyride

Source? I didn't read that in the solicit.

Supposedly Marvel had a panel in SDCC for professionals and they confirmed Dick Rider being nack and that the book was going to star him and Sam, but I am not so sure how accurate that is.

Rich Johnston said his Marvel insider told him it was Rich coming back but it's still fucking Johnston so take with a grain of salt.

Honestly I dunno what to think, it could be a shit bait n switch to boost up sales temporarily or maybe Marvel is really wanting to bring Rich back because sales have been shit for Sam.

Honestly lets just have two Novas, DC manages with the GL corps.

>Who has taken possession of the symbiote and turned him back into the slathering, fanged monster?
>possession
maybe I'm wrong, but I think they're being cheeky with their word use

>Drew vs Hobgoblin
holy crap, actual plot development
>Spider-Man 2099
>'ancient' evil
it's just some villain from the modern era, isn't it?
>Sgwen
>meeting Mattpin
oh hey, maybe this book will also finally advance the plot by more than a stone's throw
>DOCTOR STRANGE/PUNISHER: MAGIC BULLETS
this actually looks cool, and I don't even like Punisher
>ULTIMATES 2 #2
is that a typo? is it meant to say vol.2 #2?

>OML
>Logan and the Howling Commandos vs Dracula, ft. Jubilee
this gon b gud

yeah, still looks like pikachu from the thumbnail

>is that a typo? is it meant to say vol.2 #2?
Nope it is ultimates squared

Cant unsee

ah
huh

>this actually looks cool, and I don't even like Punisher
Barber's IDW work is great, especially when he's not having to prop up Hasbro-mandated crossovers. I'm hype for this.

He tried to explain something to a woman once.

>tried to explain something to a woman

Marvel got really mad at Johnston when he spoiled the Rich reveal, so that's what made me think he could be legit.
Still, if Marvel doesn't do some bait and switch with Rich I expect them to have a page about how awful his fans are or some dumbshit.

>POWER MAN AND IRON FIST: SWEET CHRISTMAS ANNUAL

>Jessica Jones' anus will never be the same again

danny could take the normal route

nope. going for a 2-in-1 hole special

PROBLEMATIC

when she's wearing the suit she's a boy

I get the feeling Danny wouldn't enjoy it and that he would only do it to please Luke.

Like he rather have the threesome with Luke and Misty/Colleen.

no, you're definitely right. he really doesn't like Jessica

Hopefully you're right, I just want Rich back.

Jessica is a troubled shit human being and going by the stuff that Bendis is teasing it lools like she's going to fuck up her marriage with Luke.

Danny is also the most sensitive dude and he really loves Luke, if she hurts him he would never forgive her.

>U.S. avengers
Lets be honest 90% of the time the roster is all american and all the crimes going on are in america, this is beyond pointless.

I mean I was shocked to discover canada and mandripoor still existed in hickmans run.

>this is beyond pointless.
did you only look at the name? it's Bobby da Costa pulling a Storman Norman and getting the government to sanction his 200% more patriotic version of SHIELD which is just AIM with a new name. They even straight up have an Iron Patriot on the roster. American Kaiju is gonna be their mascot/big gun. The whole affair is a joke that if you slap enough stars & stripes and 'God Bless America's on your operation the government will sponsor anything

And A-force is gone, one of the few female series actually worth ready, down the crapper...

RIP, singularity, you weird, queer, nudist

I still hope for something to happen at Comicon.

If not, I'm writing Marvel a letter between tears.

>New Marvel Solicit Thread
Created because the true thread hit bump limit so fast.

>Richard possibly returning
>Bendis off Guardians

Is it possible for Cosmic Marvel to be good again?

>Bendis off Guardians
say it is truly so

Well there was that rumor about Invisible woman getting a solo.

Would be interesting to see how they get that started considering the way she and reed took off with the kids to start new universes.

Truly

marvel.com/news/comics/26742/marvel_now_hear_this_guardians_of_the_galaxy?linkId=29006582

It's at least a step in the right direction for Marvel.

Delayed, apparently.

Really? Would make sense with her getting a Marvel Legends figure soon.

>Invisible woman getting a solo.
sounds neat

>Bendis

I'll try finding a decent credible source, but apperantly the trademark popped up when they were registering titles like Inhumans v X-men, Great Lake Avengers, Bullseye, and some others.

After those constant delays, see

Ugh, of fucking course it is.