Batman Telltale

The second episode released today, it really made me realize how shit the writing in comics and movies are for superheroes. I don't think I can name a single Batman story that flipped it on it's head so well with his dad being in league with Falcone and assassinated because of it
most people would just make Batman a gay nigger ladyboy to make him "interesting" not what Telltale has done here

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mvxoz5DSQp8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thomas should not be a mafia boss you retard, they are pretty much doing a edgier long Halloween for people like you

Other than some characters being in both, it's nothing like long halloween and why not have a story that's in it's own continuity change some shit? It's interesting and questions the morals that Batman and Bruce have because of it

this is actually a good point once you mention it, but some stuff just feel strange dude, i still want to know who masked man is

I'll be pissed if it's someone like Joker, and i can see them doing that. Right now though i'm honestly shocked with how good it is considering they went to shit a while ago. This reminds me of Wolf Among Us. I never really thought of Batman as a political drama over a crime drama but it works really well that way. I'm curious to see in Dent will actually be mayor

while I agree that everything that lives in its own continuity can do as it pleases, I want to say that it is still a really fucking lame idea.

It is trying way too hard to be like " Whoa , didn't see THAT coming" and it's more shock value then it is good writing.

It can be both. Batman has been around forever, every story that can be told has in some way with him. Shock value is all you can run on with a semi original idea. i like the idea that Alfred was quitting the night that the wayne's died and that Thomas was a criminal. Batman lives up to his parents by being good and just while helping the city like they did, except these parents were actually hurting the city, it plays against one of the core points of Batman in an interesting way. it's an agree to disagree point i guess but i really did like that part where The Mask of Zorro was always played special for Bruce because Martha arranged it

The problem with the writing in the entertainment media these days is that:
> You have to aim for the average, and that means more than half the population. That means you really have to write for not very smart people. Easy to digest, almost telegraphed for the slowpokes.
>Time is short. You have to write a story that can be told in just one chapter, because you need casual audience.
>You cannot make ambiguous messages, neither polemics.
>You have to write for your investors, which probably don't want to make risky movements, like, say, make the chinese angry.
>Most of the people don't like changes and they want to stay in their confort zone.
>You need to write fast.

These are the problems in most comics, TV shows, movies and AAA games. In my opinion, at least.

> Batman's origin is how innocent people get caught in horrible things at random and Bruce wanting to stop it, becoming his obsession
> make his dad a criminal

Making it a "he had it coming" undermines a lot of his motivation imo.

That's the point, he has to reconcile that. He didn't know his father was a criminal until someone leaked info on it. Even Alfred lied to him.

It still sends his motivation down the drain.

Yeah I have that issue with TV.

Keep in mind, TV IS getting better and better, but people keep pointing towards shit like Game Of Thrones as an example of great writing even though the writing is really really basic at most times (I say this having read the books).

Like, I'm fine with people liking it, but don't hold it up as an accomplishment of writing when it's really not and then laugh at shows like The Walkind Dead and The 100 for doing the same quality shit.

Not entirely, He's not going to start murdering because daddy wasn't perfect

>his dad being in league with Falcone and assassinated because of it
Wasnt that the plot of earth 2 batman?

I think the second part, but not the first

Which earth 2? There's at least 4 now

What were your choices Cred Forums ?

Ease Falcone’s pain with morphine medication or choose to hurt him?

Try to kiss Selina?

Visit Mayor Hill as Bruce Wayne?

Withdraw your funding from Harvey’s campaign?

Save Selina or Harvey?

Ease the pain. Needed his lips nice and loose.

Tried to kiss Selina. I was caught up in the moment.

Visited as Bruce, can't tarnish Batman's image too much/could play political games as Bruce. (I seem to be in the minority of players who picked this).

Keep giving Harvey $. Dude didn't do anything wrong. He needs it to save Gotham from within the system.

Saved Harvey. I thought Selina could take care of herself and I need Harvey on the inside to clean up Gotham.

Eased his pain, he was talking and not being a huge dick.
Didn't try to kiss Selina.
Visited as Bruce Wayne.
Kept funding Harvey.
Saved Harvey/

Playing Bruce as a man who, especially after left episode, really wants to make right with Gotham. Harvey has that in him, he really does seem to care and he's the only friend Bruce has left. I'm trying my best to keep Bruce from being the kind of man the press believes him to be.

I am curious as to what'll happen to Renee though, after being drugged into killing a crime lord.

>the 100.
Honestly, I feel like the character with the best overall development is good ol' punished Murph.

But that last decision... Harvey's face gets melted off if you don't save him.

Do Telltale decisions actually matter now?

I eased his pain
Yes
I went as Bruce
Never!
Harvey

muh nigga

they've been upping it last few games
Game of thrones let you choose which character to kill, they were both playable up until that point

I never quite finished the Game of Thrones one or Tales from the Borderlands. I got to like chapter 2 or 3 on both and then I just forgot when the next releases were. Either of them worth finishing now that they're done? I really liked Wolf Among Us.

Eased the pain
I like to play Wayne and Batman as differently as possible - less suspicious, and I like to think that Batman is more than just a role Bruce plays (the “you can't keep me away” line from tdkr)
Tried to kiss Selina - seemed the right thing to do to keep the pace
Visited as Batman - let the people fear, that's the idea. And it was the coolest Batman sequence so far
Approved Harvey distancing himself and kept his funding going, he's still in the right
Saved Harvey, Selina can fend for herself. Does he get his face split if you choose Selina instead?

Harvey gets smashed in the face with a stage light by Penguin and the left side of his face is burnt off if you save Selina.

Game of Thrones is okay, ends up being just okay
I don't like Borderlands but I played Tales from the Borderlands recently, I liked it and the reveal of who the kidnapper is was pretty great. It grows on you by the end of it. The last episode was really fun but it had an ending that set up a season 2 which it didn't need

How cool is the visit that batman does is ? i am tempted to play it again just for that

>i still want to know who masked man is

You know who he is

How buggy is it?

Bruce Jenner?

most bugs were patched out already

Played it on the bone so i had nothing

Hurt Falcone, fuck that nigga.

I tried to kiss Selina

Visit the Mayor as Batman, he'd just fucking lie to Bruce

I'd never withdraw my funds from BROTP

Saved Selina, had to get my dick wet.

>Pacing is bad
>Everything moves along too fast
>It's too short
>This episode was at least thirty minutes shorter than the first one

Mfw disappointed with episode 2.

Cause it's Telltale.

They shatter the writing curve....sometimes

Fallout went to shit the second they normieized it, with New Vegas taken before it's time.

the first and last episodes are the longest episodes in telltale games
you have only yourself to blame for that disappointment

>Hurt Falconne. Fuck him he's nothing but a criminal scumbag.
>Didn't kiss Selina. I don't like Selina. She's a criminal who should be behind bars and she scratched my face.
>Visit the Mayor as Batman. My Batman gets shit done and doesn't care about public opinion.
>Keep funding Harvey. Harvey needs to get elected and it's not his fault the Wayne family is toxic right now.
>Save Harvey. Again I don't like Selina so why would I save her over my bro?

What happens if you save Harvey?

It puts them into question, which they talk about in the game. That's what makes it interesting. We'll see how it gets resolved over the next three episodes.

That's really not that revolutionary.

Harvey gets away with a black eye and some minor facial scaring. Catwoman gets shot in the shoulder but manages to escape. Still seems like she wants to fuck you, judging from my ep 3 trailer.

I gave Vicki the evidence in episode one. She's supposed to mention it in episode two, but she didn't for me. That kind of pissed me off.

Catwoman takes a shotgun to the chest but is okay

>his dad being in league with Falcone and assassinated because of it
that was already a thing in Gotham

What they're doing with the Wayne's is shitty. They're attempting to "make their own" Batman story, as they've said many times, and it's a bit insulting to have to sit through it. On top of that, Troy Baker still isn't a good Bats.

The one good thing about this series is how they're handling Bruce and Selina's relationship/romance though. I think it's very charming, and though I would have preferred Delisle, Bailey is not a bad Selina. It's odd, I feel like Travis Willingham (Dent's VA) would've been a better Bruce and they could've used he and his wife's (Bailey) banter to make the CatBat shit feel more authentic, seems like an odd choice to just use Troy because he's Troy.

We don't really know how the the story with the Waynes is going to end. I'm intrigued so far.

Do you get to fuck the reporter? Purchasing these games is contingent on being able to fuck her.

They've been vague about it, but it sounds like Vicki is going to be an option if you've sided with her. Though they've also said that it'll be between her and Selina.

>but is okay

How the fuck would she be okay from that? Also,

Does Harvey's face still get burnt if you save him?

I'm leaning towards Scarecrow or Anarky

Nice. I'll just wait and see how the next few chapters pan out and get the bunldle after the final one, probably.

I haven't played the game yet, but I'm really interested to see where things go because of that twist.

The idea for Batman started when he was a kid and sprung from his childhood vow to fight all crime because it took his good and innocent parents from him. It a very basic and childlike way to deal with loss, even when he follows through with it into adulthood.

Having him grow up and be smart, inquisitive, and mature enough to look at his parents and realize that they were white collar criminals and not the perfect saints he always thought they were has the potential to be a lame twist, and I think most writers realize this (Morrison and Snyder teased that the Waynes were sketchy in their runs before having Batman dismiss it as a villain's trick).

But if they have him accept what his parents were and try to fix their mistakes and crimes by fighting for what he thought they stood for instead of having him angst over it before deciding that it doesn't matter? That could be really interesting. By mostly taking away the right for Batman to be vengeful, they could use it to strengthen his sense of justice.

At the very least, having Batman go from "I will avenge their deaths" to "I will right their wrongs" over the course of a story is a bold choice that I don't think they've done yet.

Oh shit; I figured she was in more danger, and I had dragged her into this (and the whole on-again-off-again romance) so had better stop the gunmen. Did... did I just take part in a genuine choice, with the actual consequence being Two-Face existing in this continuity, because of a nice ass?

It's Scarecrow. They did that stupid 'scare/discscratch noise' and jerked the cam on his final face shot, and this chemical is practically an early variant of the sort of chemicals he uses for fear later.

>That Paul Sloane reference

Same I thought saving Harvey would somehow cause him to be Two Face anyway. I didn't expect consequences from a Telltale game. Are all my other decisions from the last episode going to bite me in the ass too? Because I've been playing it as TDR Bruce.

Ease Falcone's pain

Try to kiss Selina

Visit as Bruce

Keep funding Harvey

Save Selina

Only the last one was a really hard choice.

I saw the hot lamp and figured, this being Telltale, the variation would be tiny. So i decided to raise my chances of getting a scene of dat Cat ass naked later. That said, I don't regret my decision. Two-Face needs to exist. And even from Bats point of view, Catwoman was in the most dangerous situation; three gunmen and a concussed Cat, and a skinny guy wielding a lamp versus a massive unconcussed guy like Harvey.

>tfw you are totally self justifying saving the pussy cat.

Literally the same story beat as Earth 2 and Batman RIP, you're a filthy, dumb casual and TT games with TT game level writing is what your philistine ass deserves.

I didn't even pick up on that. Good catch.

That was revealed to be fake with Batman RIP, wasn't it? I guess we'll just see if Telltale sticks with this direction or not.

Does being a filthy dumb casual mean I get to actually enjoy things? Because in that case I embrace it. I'm loving this game so far. It's a fucking great month for capeshit. This, Ghost Rider on AoS, Gotham, and then Luke Cage in just over a week.

I figured much the same. Harvey is going to end up turning on Bruce in the end, and I was the one who dragged Catwoman into it, so I had to save her first.

Was kind of expecting Harvey to still get the Two-Face makeover regardless.

Overall it was pretty damn good throughout.

>revealed to be fake with Batman RIP
there goes my interest.

No, being a filthy dumb casual means you have to limit yourself and your enjoyment to lowest common denominator garbage like Agents of Shield and fucking Gotham. Read some books, get a clue.

Why not enjoy both?

But as soon as something has good writing, people start to like it which makes it casual filth.

I do, you don't because you're dumb as fuck and destined to eat cheap ready-made spaghetti with ketchup as sauce.

That's fine, as long as it's not dumb casual filth, like TT games (keep in mind this guy literally, unironically, watches Gotham and AoS, he's below most Cred Forumsmblerites with Steven Universe and what have you).

Aw, babbys first troll. Ain't it cute fellas?

There's nothing wrong with using Ketchup as sauce

>That's fine, as long as it's not dumb casual filth
I usually take this to mean "anything I don't like." Or at least "a thing liked by people I don't like."

I also liked Daredevil (the movie), Jessica Jones (both Cred Forums and Netflix), and think Gotham is amazing. I love Better Call Saul and prefer it to Breaking Bad.

Not surprising this is your level or reading comprehension, you're CW's target audience after all.

LOL (lots of laughs) you like Breaking Bad at all. Ever heard of Carnivale, kid?

Eh, sorry man, no fun to be had with me. I accepted my taste was 'pleb' a long time ago, when I realised I tended to like films that get critic'd the fuck out of cinemas. Hell, the only cape film I've actively disliked in the last decade was Dark Knight Rises.

That's fine, just don't give opinions on things anymore, especially writing.

Choked Falcone. Don't you dare talk about my father!

Tried to go for the post-fight booty. Tried.

Went as Batman. As delicately as possible, on Alfred's insistence.

Kept supporting Harvey. Friendship's all Bruce has got at this point.

Panicked and saved Selina. Reasoned that an extra vigilante could make things easier later on.

I'm not sure if I'm trying to play Bruce as someone who's struggling to keep his legacy and friends together, and morally slipping in the progress, or just going full ASBAR. I went for nearly every violent choice in the first episode, so...

If they play the criminal Waynes angle straight, and the video wasn't fabricated, Bruce is going to become the mask and Batman the reality. I always preferred it that way anyhow.

Nope, it's all good.

So who's this Children of arkham I've heard about? I've not played the game yet, don't mind spoilers.

Alfred's evil twin

A group working for Penguin and some masked mastermind that want to expose Thomas Wayne and Gotham's government for committing innocent people to Arkham and probably doing experiments in general.

I do like the fact that they seem to be going in a drastically different route than most lore by putting Thomas in such a bad light. It's like the DCEU - which I flip-flop back and forth on - at first glance a lot of the creative choices are objectionable, but what's there is interesting and unique.

That's already a story comics have done.

>Ease Falcone’s pain with morphine medication
>Tried to kiss Selina
>Visit Mayor Hill as Bruce Wayne
>Kept funding
>Saved Harvey

I think it is Scarcrow, but I'm hesitant to think Crane is under the mask.

The way they drag the Wayne family through the mud makes me me think he might be a family member or family friend.

Buuuut they did off handedly mention Joe Chill was stabbed in prison and bled out, that makes me think it'll be him. His motivation? Hill, Falcone, and Thomas Wayne fucked him over? I dunno.

I like it. The idea that the Waynes, who if you are fans of the comics bring about feelings of integrity and honor and subverting it like this almost gives me my own chip on the shoulder. Like as Bruce do I even want this money anymore? Does this invalidate what I do every night or does it change nothing? Does it even strengthen my longing to save Gotham knowing my family had such a heavy hand in it becoming the way it is?

Alfred had Thomas killed.

Ease pain[\spoiler]
kissed[\spoiler]
Went as Bruce[\spoiler]
Backed Harvey[\spoiler]
Saved Harvey[\spoiler]

MY NIGGA.

I made all the same choices.

Is there any reason NOT to keep funding Harvey? I mean, what's the downside? That Mr. Wayne will be down a week's pocket change?

I'm thinking the Children of Arkham dude will either end up being, if not an established villain like Scarecrow, then Vicki Vale or Harvey Dent with a really bad case of split personality.

To get Hill to open up or be an offended faggot when he says he wants to back away

I think that the media might call bullshit on Dent backing off of Bruce but still taking his money
>Vale
Wew i hope so

You're telling me that Telltale straight up rewriting Nolan's Dark Knight movie isn't lazy garbage.

The Penguin is Ledger's Joker without the makeup.

Catwoman is Rachel Dawes

And well Dent is Dent.

Laziest fucking writers ever.

Except he still turns into two face either way and Catwoman lives either way. So it's not like that at all and you are a retard.

>having Dent means it's copying The Dark Knight
>implying Rachel fought side by side with Batman and stole from him
>Implying that all anarchist batman villains are Heath ledger's Joker
I'm more shocked you didn't say they're copying Batman Returns with your flawless logic

The PAX West crowdplay of episode 2 gave us a vengeful, horny batman.

It was entertaining and surprising enough to sell me on buying the game.

... And then they have us all season passes for it just for coming to the panel. My wife even got an extra one somehow.

the 1's confirm it, they dicked your wife

Alfred had something to do with the Waynes murders. Calling it now.

Screencap this.

Bitches.

So who was that one thug that Penguin kept sending after you? Was that supposed to be Waylon Jones,Grundy or just some donut steel OC?

Bullshit OC. This ep was not worth the $5

Too late

No it wasnt you stupid fuck it was Blockbuster.

The butler did it? Preposterous!

It's totally Scarecrow. They're both all skinny.

It's especially weird considering Troy is best Dent.

Blockbuster. The Roland Desmond version. My guess is his brother, Mark (the original Blockbuster) made the formula that gave him the enhanced strength and is working with the Children of Arkham. We'll probably encounter him later.

This story is going some new, strange places. How long until they give up on trying to do something different and just slap the Joker all over it?

I fucking am praying not. Every other fucking story is the Joker, he's a good villain, easily one of Batman's best if not the best but even if he is the best is overrated.

>ywn see a live action batman trilogy without the Joker somewhere

Would be nice to have a good Riddler for once.

It really would
tbqh i would like to see some B and C tier villains get the spot light Batman Eternal would hold a place in my heart if it wasn't for fucking up the ending, if you didn't read it; it was literally a New 52 Batman: Hush but with a B-tier villain.
The whole point of the story was about how comics are forgetting anything that isn't completely popular for something new that will be forgotten

It was Cluemaster who was behind it all but they fucked it up by having Talon kill him right when he made his reveal It made sense on a thematic level but there was no build up to that which fucked it up.

>Cluemaster
WHO?

Forgotten Batman villain that left Clues at all his crimes, unlike the Riddler who leaves riddles
I thought it was clever because it was so obvious but i didn't expect it still because he was B-tier as fuck

He goes full terror on the old man
youtube.com/watch?v=Mvxoz5DSQp8

>that flipped it on it's head
>muh ebin twist
Not really what makes a good comic. What is great about this game is how they've connected Bruce Wayne and Batman, and made both personas interesting.

Or how they are using the politics of Gotham to drive a story.

Those are the great things that I'd like to see more of in the comics.

Oh fuck I left on that name I was using to mock namefags.

I've become that which I hate.

>Alfred had Thomas killed.

Didn't Hill confessed he sent Chill after Thomas when he was threatened by Penguin?

It changes nothing, except perhaps giving the Batman more motivation (cleaning up after his family).

Ok.
Alfred had Joe Chill killed.

>There are people who didn't save Selina

You don't deserve the cowl.

I noticed there was a timer on the Selina/Harvey. Anyone know what happens if you just wait it out?

B-but let's put a DENT in crime!

>He doesn't want to Make Gothem Great Again
why would you go for short term pussy over MGGA?

>It is trying way too hard to be like " Whoa , didn't see THAT coming" and it's more shock value then it is good writing.

I imagine it must be terrible being you.

seriously even harvey is drugged
he still wants gotham to be great

What if he wasn't drugged? What if it was all for show on his part?

His lips turned blue though.

I didn't notice that
MGGA

>OP genuinely thinks comics have shitty writing because they don't resort to dumb twists
I have news for you OP, comics do indeed have dumb twists

This

>implying you even read OPs post
He was talking about how changing batman at his core versus making him a fagnigger is better. He's not wrong, look at Supergook

they should show it more often, they should show Batman being a hero because he believes in it not because of having to live up to his parents

They also should give Bruce more focus, he's pretty interesting here

and yet they still censored Catwoman to appease sjws

glad I didn´t waste money on it

literally how?

Don't mind the autist. He's just throwing a fit because her cleavage is zipped up and not like the Arkham games.

Nevermind that she keeps her outfit zipped up most of the time anyway.

Cred Forums and Cred Forums cry censorship every time a waifu isn't half naked, i honestly don't get it

What if chill and crane are siblings this time around?

whart the hell it is