Why is this motherfucker so boring?

And how do we find a way to make him not boring?

make him go full "Punisher" and put him on a green lantern special ops team.

then be sure to kill off 3/4 of the team per season with consistent new recruits for him to lead.

Sexy meme

>muh marines

Yes, yes. Very boring.

But it's fun

Personally I kinda hate that they made him a marine.

JLU knew what to do with that, and more importantly knew not to overdo it. Here it's just become his one characteristic. That and planet killing.

Fuck synergy.

>kill him off or have him retire
>have his brother become a GL
>write a good character instead of boring shit tapped in bad continuity

Hal is the loveable idiot/shonen protagonist
Kyle is the Author/Reader insert
Guy is the angry one

John... is also the angry one, but not to the retarded level Guy can get which makes him less interesting.

If I had to push an angle for him it would be the Black Ops lantern. The guy willing to do the dirty shit to get the job done. It's already used sometimes it just needs more emphasis.

Give him a six issue story arc. Show that his life has been slowly falling apart ever since Katma dying, the Xanshi incident, and Hal stripping him of being the Messiah. Portray him as weary, a bit suicidal and unstable. Then you have Katma show up out of nowhere, claiming to be the version that he created back when he was the Messiah, events happen, and eventually John dies, giving Katma the ring, except Katma wasn't truly alive, she was a construct created by john's slowly slipping sanity. But Stewart was able to imbue this construct with enough life that she can maintain herself, creating a ring on a feedback loop and so John is taken care of and Katma is back with the hook of not being entirely real.

fund it

I thought Jon was "the professional".

Former marine and architect. The kind of space cop that's light on words but always gets his man.
Hal is the lovable idiot/good 'ol boy
Kyle is the hipster artist
Guy is the boisterous berserker
Jon is the substitute teacher. All business.

The made him as cool and unique and non-boring as they possibly could twenty-plus years ago.

Didn't sell for crap.

John is the messiah

All the earth lanterns are boring

Disagree, Baz is fucking great.

This, best lantern best boy

Kinda sucks thatnow we have Simon, who is also the angry one.

So is Hal really a pedophile? Because that would bring so many new dimensions to his boring characterization.

He's far more interesting than boring ass Hal Jordan.

I mean, he's no Kyle or GG, but he's an alright dude.

When he's classic John: he's not boring, not need to change anything.
When he's modern, MUH MILITARY John: either make him into classic John or ditch him entirely to write about better Lanterns.

Bring him back on Earth, make him Wally's GL instead of Kyle, I'm not even kidding. Kyle is too busy being white lantern anyways.

His serious attitude would play well with Wally's young adult silliness like in JLU.

John should be leader of a GL special ops team

>Simon
>the angry one
>not the naive one

"Hal Jordan is boring" is my favorite meme.

DCAUfag pls go, that is a fucking awful idea

Why? Sounds pretty good to me

Yeah, maybe he can even cuck Cuckman too!

You'd be shitting on Wally to prop up a bad character. Fuck John. Wally doesn't need a GL, just use Dick if you want friend adventures.

> wally & dick brave and bold mini never

why does dc hate my money?

John used to be the arrogant smart-ass architect, but then the cartoons had him as serious marine who was the straight man of the group and Geoff Johns latched into that while doing nothing with the character.

This fucked up the character.

Space magic turns him into a white person, because controversy is fun.

Does it count as pedophila if you're only attracted to thr little girl when her body literally goes from 12 to 21 in a few days?

John needs more silly moments like Baz and the other lanterns do. He was at his best in DCAU and some of the 80's stuff.

He is literally the straight man of the Green Lanterns, a role that was already kind of filled by Kilowog in a more brash (and lovable) way

Mosaic actually did sell pretty well, the editor at the time and Gerard Jones just butted heads over this constantly and they got canceled because GL needed "something exciting" to happen. So we got Emerald Twilight and 3 books canceled for 1.