Toonami Ratings for 9/17/16

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1 will replace One Punch Man starting October 15th.

Intruder 3 is coming in November. It will have a smaller budget than 2, and will be about 15 minutes worth of content.

A new season of Samurai Jack is being made for Adult Swim Toonami. 10 episodes in length, TV14 minimum, delayed till 2017.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release is late 2017/early 2018.

Last week started ok then IBO tanked the night. This week is pretty much the same story except the gap between OPM and IBO is a little smaller. In a new twist, people turned off HxH and came back for Naruto

11:30 Dragon Ball Z Kai 1267 0.60 767
12:00a One-Punch Man 1203 0.59 754
12:30a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 916 0.43 552
1:00a Hunter X Hunter 826 0.35 451

1:30a Naruto: Shippuden 848 0.36 457
2:00a One Piece 701 0.29 371
2:30a Parasyte: The Maxim (r) 599 0.25 322

Other urls found in this thread:

tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/09/20/saturday-cable-ratings-sept-17-2016/
twitter.com/shock1600/status/450875797407285248
youtu.be/FySV5qlbw4Q
tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/09/20/sunday-cable-ratings-sept-18-2016/
tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/09/20/monday-cable-ratings-september-19-2016/
ask.fm/Clarknova/answers/137849054441
youtube.com/watch?v=uADSzyX_az8
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-06-30/short-story-contest-bans-traveling-to-an-alternate-world-fantasy/.103755
twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/779053762958749698
twitter.com/ToonamiNews/status/779470679599087616
youtube.com/watch?v=ET6657PH9gQ
youtu.be/mDmbKzaCkGY?list=PLLG7d4XwhJ31sGvDFhIFz8MXR0APhnJsL
youtube.com/watch?v=bgWywTdqMws
youtu.be/XlbbLFgiVQk
youtube.com/watch?v=_kt0t0mH92Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Regular stuff

8:00 King of the Hill (r) 0.44 742 0.23
8:30 King of the Hill (r) 0.46 732 0.28
9:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.47 738 0.29
9:30 American Dad (r) 0.54 840 0.34

10:00 The Cleveland Show (r) 0.67 1036 0.41
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.84 1342 0.56
11:00 Family Guy (r) 1549

Mediocre

3:00a Rick & Morty (r) 574 0.25
3:30a American Dad (r) 578 0.25
4:00a Infomercials (r) 553 0.23
4:15a Off the Air (r) 525 0.22

4:30a The Cleveland Show (r) 553 0.24
5:00a King of the Hill (r) 565 0.22
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 575 0.23

BEST

>HOME MOVIES ADULT SWIM 4:00 AM 780,000 0.3

What did they mean by this?

tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/09/20/saturday-cable-ratings-sept-17-2016/

>we can't go one post without someone bringing up Home Movies

Say one good thing about IBO
Hard mode: No "good at being bad" or waifus

Its not Seed Destiny

Parasyte was such a bad choice for the rerun slot

Who else is excited to see the champ mop the floor with Cell next week?

It does decently in middle of the night slot, where ratings don't really matter.

Given at how poor Infomercials and Off the Air have been doing, they might as well give the slot to HM on saturdays too.

>people turned off HxH and came back for Naruto
Damn, that never happens. Has that happened to anything besides HxH and OP?

OH LOOK, ONE PUNCH MEME KILLS THE BLOCK ONCE AGAIN

SAVING TOONAMI MY ASS

Too late now, it's on the way out soon

Uhh like every 5 episodes or so it doesn't put me to sleep

Oh man, Hercule?! Surprised Cell still wants to have the games knowing he's participating. Might as well throw in the towel.

OH LOOK, SHIT TASTE KILLS THE THREAD ONCE AGAIN

Not really, admittedly this episode of HxH was snore central. People actually like the Jiraya arc so that may be a factor too

Glad OPM is short so we don't have to see this trash meme very much longer

What's the problem with One Piece?

Bad art, bad voices.

You got your fleshed out answer last week. The anime sucks, that's that

>tfw so many viewers tuned out during the memorial airings of "Space Ghost" on Sunday, that it was the only AS show that night not to make it into the Top 100 cable telecasts

Modern day Adult Swim fans everyone.

the very things that made the manga popular make the anime a cash cow to make as cheaply and slowly as possible.

like every other long running shonen anime it's about padding, padding and more padding to make sure it's running as long as possible, as cheap as possible.

the animu has more padding than a rubber room

it soaks deck

I don't know why you would expect it to resonate with a younger audience. Take the nostalgiagoggles off and it really not funny

Ratings for every show were up from last week.

Favorite episodes this week were the child mercenaries tricked to death and togashi screwing with our minds in a tournament arc. Also another great Genos fight scene.

user, it's not nice trying to pass off a tweet from 2014 as current.

twitter.com/shock1600/status/450875797407285248

i like the giant mecha designs

Mob Psycho 100 on toonami when?

youtu.be/FySV5qlbw4Q

damn it i want this on toonami still, but funi needs to announce something about the broadcast dub soon since the last episode airs next monday

unless season 2 is a thing and they don't know we don't know about it yet

right after this hottie gets done airing

I can go jack off while it's on and not miss anything I care about

It appears as if there will be a second season. Apparently someone did some digging in the show's Japanese website and found placeholders for 24 episode titles. Likely it's going on hiatus during the fall and will return January of next year.

this. But Space Ghost really did bomb

The placeholders were apparently the result of reusing code from another website with that many episodes, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a second season. I'm just annoyed by Funimation's radio silence since they announced the dub.

why does it matter when this was all just in memory of a beloved voice actor and not just a ratings grabber

It makes me really appreciate the Wii U gamepad's off-tv play functionality.

You just know once OPM ends Kek la Kek memers will just edit their copy pasta with "JoJo" instead of OPM.

Toei is what's wrong with One Piece
>Ten minutes of opening, exposition and recap every 22 minutes episode

>not just a ratings grabber
Obviously, but you'd think at least that most AS viewers would at least sit throught it for 10 goddamn minutes instead of just changing channel en masse.

I mean if they can sit through all the crazy and surreal live action shows like Off the Air and such, why not 1 episode of Space Ghost?

kill la kill and ome punch were the best shows to air on toonami so far

Jojo will probably legitimately pull mediocre numbers so at least it won't be outright lying

That's not how you spell Cashew Sin and Parasyte

Congratulations faggots, your stupid semen-slurping show is finally coming to Toonami

Now I have to see Jojo threads every time I come onto Cred Forums because the mods are enabling your shitposting

I no longer feel contempt for Cred Forums now

Off the air is starting to do poorly and no one who stays to watch Fox Reruns are going to stay up for space ghost in this case.

if this is gonna be the new meme the kek la kek memers are gonna make then i welcome it simply because Carl is a funny guy

>You will never be THIS salty
Feels great, man.

this is how you know its gonna be good

I'm gonna start /jojo/ General once it starts. Glad you will be mad

/coco/'s bizarre adventure annoys me too, but I don't think it has anything to do with news that the Davids anime was coming to Toonami.

i like off the air, it would be two times better if i had acid

really?

i just wanted to get to know you guys better, whatever.

>no one who stays to watch Fox Reruns are going to stay up for space ghost in this case.
Space Ghost literally came on right after new episodes of AS originals aired. It wasn't the middle of the night at all.

OH FUCK NIGGA HOL UP

>JOJO IS AN ONGOING
>ANOTHER LONG RUNNER

SHHHHHIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT

So for the foreseeable future, Toonami will be
>Dragon Ball Z Kai (Super?)
>JoJo's Bizarre Adventure parts 1 through whenever David stops (they probably won't)
>[ROTATING SLOT]
>Hunter x Hunter
>Nardo Shitpudding
>One Piece
>[RERUNS]

Technically they can switch out Jojo between series, but I'm not sure if they will. Part 1&2 are a series together, then the first half of Part 3, then tge second half of Part 3, and finally part 4.

whays the death grips of anime?

>Space Ghost literally came on right after new episodes of AS originals aired. It wasn't the middle of the night at all.
wew

that's kind of embarrassing then

Jojo is ongoing, yes, but only because it's split into separate series. The first is 26 episodes, the second is 48 (split into two halves which will probably be combined for the US airing), and the third is like 39.

The second season/series is the worst offender, but it won't be so bad as long as they don't try to play them all consecutively.

They said they won't

>/coco/'s bizarre adventure
this shit actually makes me irrationally mad

Home Movies has already been taken off the schedule lmao

>at no point in Neo Toonami's life has Demarco pulled a show between seasons
>retards actually think 4 years in they will start now

We are down to 1 slot for 2 years minimum

shame, inwas getting comfy nostalgia feels from it

IBO still continues to drag the block down. Not really surprising, but that is a very big drop every week for IBO. Every week it's losing about 300k viewers, and OPM is doing better in it's old timeslot than IBO ever did. The show's ratings are completely dependent on having a strong lead-in.

You and about 5 other people in america

it had better writing than the simpsons or family guy. maybe the animation style turns people off.

why are people so mad about this Cred Forums project

It's more of a deviant art/fanfiction.net project than Cred Forums.

No shit One Punch Man is doing better than Iron Blooded Orphans, the show had nearly a years worth of buildup from mainstream western nerd media.

I think it's kinda telling that IBO had a lot of promotion before it started, yet no one really was talking about it. It's fans act like it's this enormous hit that everyone loves, but Jesus fucking Christ, it's easy to see when a show is big or not. It's lack of spread really tells the tale.

>it had better writing than the simpsons or family guy. maybe the animation style turns people off.
>dude mumble booger fart jokes lmao

it's fanfiction cancer disguised as "OC".

I really don't recall IBO getting any more buzz than any other new upcoming show. I think people were just interested in it after G-Reco was so polarizing.

atleast it isnt full of cutaway's and references to obscure 80's rock bands.

>people begged for Gundam for four years
>finally get it
>it's bombs

All it shows is Toonami viewers shouldn't be able to request shows

>atleast it's not full of humor actual adults might get a laugh or two from

Great criticism

that clean booty.

It had lots of OMG GUNDAM buzz at first, then people saw the reviews for IBO

home movies if full of witty humor, bro.

>why don't people like DeviantArt: Cred Forums edition

Hmm really makes you think

I think it's just a sign that after four years Gundam viewers weren't as substantial as a decade. Bandai's collapse definitely contributed to a paradigm shift where mecha isn't as big a force in western anime communities as it used to be.

>lmao look at this booger

Very witty

A lot of the buzz came from OMG that kid shot those dudes! So cold-blooded and shit. At the very least, I'm sure that the first three episodes did better than the recent ones, if I had to guess.

whats you problem with home movies?

Gundam viewers were never substantial. That's a fallacy that was born because it aired next to DBZ. Gundam was niche back then, and it's even more niche today. And exposing new people to it by boring them to death with IBO didn't help either.

People critique IBO like
>well Toonami should have got X Gundam series instead
But they always forget IBO was the only choice. The right choice would have been not caving to nostalgiababbies by not getting IBO and getting something that doesn't put the audience to sleep 2 shows into Toonami

The breasts are too big and too plentiful.

bait

Yeah. If you're going to make us mad, don't make shit up in an effort to make us think viewers are worse than they really are.

youre bait

IBO is pretty much the only thing Bandai would have let them push. They announced the dub before episode 2 even aired in Japan, and they didn't put Build Fighters/G-Reco on any streaming sites outside of their youtube channel (and G-Reco only for a bit when it was nearly over). Even Japanese Anons have talked about how much more promotion it got in Japan, where it turned out to be a ratings flop. Bandai though expected the show to be big, and it was no doubt the only one on the table when Toonami picked it up.

#rekt

See:
tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/09/20/sunday-cable-ratings-sept-18-2016/
tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/09/20/monday-cable-ratings-september-19-2016/

The Mike Tyson Mysteries right after it at 12:45 and 3:45 got into the Top 100 but it definitely looks like most viewers ditched Space Ghost when it came on.

That's my point, it's not secret IBO was the only choice. Demarco should have said no. We didn't NEED a Gundam on Toonami

But they legit wanted a Gundam. They said so since the block came back, only the owners wanted too much for the rights. It just wasn't until IBO they were confident enough in any of their current shows to give it a go.

And again, I think a lot of this was because they worked out the details when they thought the show was going to be big. I mean, Jesus Yamato, the ratings were equal to the Kio parts of AGE. That has to set off some warning signs.

I know, they WANTED one, not needed. The welfare of the block should prioritize over having nostalgiabait titles in the lineup even if they are certain to kill the ratings

Reminder that there is absolutely no way Perona didn't piss herself during Usopp's hammer ruse

she didn't need to pee
check mate

Tell me the steps that need to be taken to make Toonami great again.

you're just going to get terrible ideas from anons who don't work in television

I don't care, TELL ME THE STEPS.

Create a block consisting of shows that compliment each other while still having a broad appeal.

Which is what the block has been doing pretty much since its restart?

>Step 1
Naruto, HxH or OP needs to be dropped. No need to argue about which, but it's one of those 3. It will be replaced by a newer short series that will rotate out as usual
>Step 2
Attempt to cooperate with Funimation again so some of their many short titles that aren't as popular can be given a cheap trial run in the current rerun slot. This is for older (5-6 years) shows that fit Toonami, but never made it on due to lack of space/popularity. Funimation has a pretty big monopoly on these, but the others have a few they could toss in too
>Step 3
Stop catering to loud minority requests and put more effort into verifying shows will actually work with the Toonami audience
>Step 4
Return TOM/Sara intro banter
>Step 5
Remove music videos in favor of a second full OP. Also cut DBZ OP in favor of a shorter shows OP

That's about it really. The biggest issue right now is long runner abuse and stagnation, so that's really top priority. Not that Demarco will do anything about it though

No not really. 2012 was just whatever they could get their hands on. 2013-mid 2015 were the only times the block felt diverse. Now it's just long running shonen spam which are all pretty much the same, with 1 or 2 meme titles thrown in the mix that also may be shonen.

Complimenting shows is important too, as we see with high action OPM going into snoresville IBO which is a ratings cliff weekly

It's not off the schedule, it's only this week because of the Off the Air premiere. Home Movies will be back on next week at 4:00a, starting Monday night.

Hope you enjoy it. I will.

I want Perona to pee on me.

>Peerona

ded

But why? It's just one thread. It's not like it's flooding the boards or anything.

Wont matter anyway because the new Saturday schedule beginning the 1st is this
8:00pm - Cartoon Network (was an hour of Steven Universe initially, now it's a LEGO Special)
9:00pm - Bob's Burgers x2
10:00pm - American Dad
10:30pm - Family Guy x2
---
3:00am - Bob's Burgers x2 repeat
4:00am - American Dad repeat
4:30am - The Cleveland Show
5:00am - King of the Hill x2

Only this week to air a new Off the Air, it's back next week.

>Attempt to cooperate with Funimation again

Funimation has always been a little bitch when it comes to negotiating. They've been trying to get their own channel off the ground so they wouldn't need to rely on a broadcast partner for the past 15 years. I think the current Crunchyroll deal is only until they attempt to buy it out

All in all, pretty bitchy for a group that owes its entire livelihood to the golden age of Toonami. Just think about how many other localization groups there were back then, and how many of them shuttered

>DBZ Kai
>JoJo
>Fairy Tail
>Hunter x Hunter
>Naruto
>One Piece
>One Punch Man

Toonami saved

Epin

Bump

why

>muh nostalgia straw man
Good way to mask your shit taste

I don't think JoJo is nearly as bad as other long-runners by virtue of it being 4 stories. Shows like Naruto/OP/HxH follow the same cast for well over 100 episodes. JoJo's 4 Parts make up 123 episodes (if I remember the episode counts for each season correctly), but each Part is a totally different story with a totally different tone, cast, and most importantly, different main character. The only overlapping major characters are Speedwagon/Dio/Joseph/Jotaro, and none of them are exactly the same in their role in one Part compared to another.

It's a long-runner, but I see it as more 4 different shows by the same author being confirmed in a row, since Parts 1-4 are so incredibly different. Part 5 (since it'll probably be airing in Japan around the time Toonami gets to Part 4) is totally from those as well, as well as 6-8. Granted, who knows if they'll animate after Part 6, between the fact that 6 is pretty unpopular compared to the rest so it won't do as well and the fact that 7 is really fucking long and has way better art than the other parts so it'd be a real undertaking to animate it fairthfully.

This is part of the reason I think it'll take breaks in between arcs, it can quite frankly afford to.

What's that? The thread's about to die? NOT ON MY WATCH

> Cred Forums complains about long-running anime
> Cred Forums complains about short-running anime
> Cred Forums complains about movie night
> Cred Forums complains about marathon night
> Cred Forums complains about having new shows
> Cred Forums complains about having old shows

Did I miss anything?

is ryuko the greatest anime girl ever created?

No. In fact she's worst matoi.

satsuki lacks personality but makes up for it in ass

and eyebrows

eyebrows are love

eyebrows are life

death

It's original contents even if you don't like it. Eat steamroller.

113 episodes, actually.

Faggots

>in this very thread people are reminded Denarco confirmed it won't take breaks
>no series on Toonami has ever taken a break
>people still parrot hurr it will probably take breaks

The only way it takes a break is if it pulls awful ratings, and in that case it would be a permanent break

I know, but they seem perfectly fine giving up old or failed titles for a fair price since it pretty much means they make money on something initially written off as a lost cause or past its expiration date

Maybe sooner than we thought.

Look up #RedrawReigen, were in the middle of a meme magic stormfront and it's beautiful

Funny, because I'm seeing something entirely different.
ask.fm/Clarknova/answers/137849054441
>We are not sure of the exact run. Likely 1&2 with a break, but maybe straight through. A lot will defend on performance.

So exactly what I said. You are an absolute retard if you think Fagmarco will pull a show off that pulls decent ratings.

If you get uncomfortable because of JoJo you're probably actually gayt. Not even meming. JoJo is innocent.

What's the problem with Fairy Tail?

>not liking eyebrows
how does cock taste

So, what are the chances you guys think they'll move IBO back even later?

He didn't say anything about gayness Mr. Projector

How is this JoJo dub compare to the old one?

What old one? The dub for the OVA?

Its definitely better by a mile, but has some issues. Dont listen to the anons who will tell you the dub for the 2012 anime is the worst dub ever made, its acceptable at worst and solid at best.

Back at midnight starting October 1st.

J U S T

Don't [as] and CN do this regular back-and-forth between 8 and 9 for the transition every year? I recall reading that there was a reason they keep changing it, but I can't recall.

Any word about them keeping the same schedule?

Well, people wanted IBO on later and now they got it.

Dunno, you ask me homo

It wouldn't be pulled though, just put on hiatus for a few months like Sword Art Online was. There could be a number of reasons to do this. Maybe Viz wants a nice buffer of dubbed episodes of Stardust Crusaders, or Attack on Titan season 2 is on the table, or maybe another honey-pot show like One Punch Man is ready to go after Battle Tendency ends. We can't know for sure until April/May when JoJo s1 ends.

>Attack on Titan season 2
Pls no

It's for holiday specials and movies

But he did, Mr Insinuator.

They do, but that's no reason Toonami needed to move.

I see a pretty high chance IBO and HxH switch.

Maybe this will improve ratings, the dipping started when it moved earlier

sh-shut up

It's getting moved down because the ratings have sucked for months and the early slot isn't being earned.

>first stage of an impending cut
>ratings have been subpar anyway
>people are writing it off as it just being because AS is getting shorter for the holiday

Why is everyone so foolish?

just stop watching toonami if you care so much about it's "impending demise", stop grousing up the threads for the rest of us.

>actual Toonami discussion
>REEEE STOBBIT SO WE CAN CIRCLEJERK CQC AND RESPOND TO HOME MOVIES BAIT

>CIRCLEJERK CQC

CQC Bro pr0n when

>first stage of an impending cut
The first stage was when the block got cut in half and we had a rerun heading the block. Toonami has been going back and forth between 11:30 and midnight for so long, why start worrying now.

How does endlessly shitposting about IBO and ratings count as discussion? You aren't contributing any kind of legitimate criticism, you're just endlessly congratulating yourselves on your own pretend-negativity.

it already exists,pls don't bring that evil back

more on the way

At the very least it's on topic, unlike shitposting about namefags and talking about non Toonami shows.

And IBO shitposting is justified since it constantly pulls shit ratings

How is it on-topic when you use these threads to air your imagined grievances with DeMarco for months? I really don't care about cgc or names or whatever, don't interpret my attacking your uninteresting shitposts as defending them.
Sure user, shitposting is justified because the show gets "bad" ratings, airtight logic.

I'd rather talk about Iron Blooded Orphans than people using the show as a front to complain about other things.

>IBO gets shit ratings and drags the block down
>people complain it's a problem show and should be moved in the upcoming schedule shift
>this is somehow shitposting to you

>I'd rather talk about Iron Blooded Orphans than people using the show as a front to complain about other things.

Oh, okay. Man, it sure was emotional when those guys who didn't even have spoken names died. I cried like a baby. How about you?

seriously don't

I hope you two are eternally bound together and never die. fgts

fine

since you got dubs and all

Oh, i got dubs

nevermind

stop

old titles dont get new eyeballs. If people can torrent the dub they arent gonna tune in

know all about it, even ONE tweeted about it

That's why if you read my original post, they are 5-6 years old max and going in the current rerun slot.

Anyway it doesn't matter now that Toonami got moved back down, we won't be seeing any improvements for some time

no

Each "season" is pretty different from eachother and are their own stories.

We're essentially gonna go through 3 different anime series.

>DBZ
>Jojo
>HxH
>IBO

Boom.

Temporary solution, just until we finally get rid of IBO. Then we can get back on track.

DBZ
JoJo
KLK rerun
OPM rerun
HxH
Samurai Jack
FLCL

>reruns in the middle
Dead on arrival

so, what SHOULD replace IBO?

Will we get rerun or a new show?

There's also that Titans on a Train thing.

you know already

My Hero Academy would've been good. Rides off the whole superhero theme, not too short, but not too long.

But, you know, Funimation.

It's probably gonna be Jack, I can't see them delaying it till mid-late 2017

Kuromukuro may be a good choice, though it does suffer a bit from being padded out with slice of life bits.

youtube.com/watch?v=uADSzyX_az8

Toonami/AS anime block has aired school shows before, so it's not completely unrealistic to predict MHA coming to the block. I'm personally interested in Re:Zero, it'd fill the "dark fantasy" quota Akame Ga Kill seemed to get a lot of attention for.

No way on Earth is Toonami getting Kabaneri. Amazon put money towards that one.

There is not even a release date for jack. shit. we don't even have a proper trailer for it yet.

So is Toonami getting replaced by a Space Ghost marathon on Saturday?

Re:Zero would make the most sense right now. It finished airing very recently so it's open to a dub premiere, and it's BY FAR the most popular and acclaimed anime of 2016. It's not as amazing as a lot of people says but it's a good time, and the threads would be crazy with all the shit that goes down.

What is Space Ghost?

It was initially coming 2016, then got delayed. Early 2017 is a reasonable guess

No one said anything about the school setting m8. Funimation will not give Toonami high end titles like MHA

Kai
OPM
HxH
SGC2C x4
I fixed Toonami

I would watch that whole thing every week.

Tom marathoning his boss's office stream would be weird

burp

goodnight ratings thread

night cunt

This late night thread needs more DANCING

dancing is forbidden

ALL YOU FUCKERS QUIT SLEEPING

TOONAMI NEEDS MORE SKELETONS

delet

we're most likely not going to make it

death

this

Re:Zero sucks ass and its popularity has lead to amateur manga and LN contests to ban premises that have anything to do with being transported to a fantasy world becausw that's all they get anymore

It's another otaku wish fulfillment show with a lame protag yet everyone loves him

>Attempt to cooperate with Funimation again so some of their many short titles that aren't as popular can be given a cheap trial run in the current rerun slot.
I want this to happen because it's the only way we'll ever get Garo on the block. If Funimation want to SEEM like they're mending the bridge but STILL be a total dick to Toonami, they can give them shitty-ass Guren no Tsuki instead

No, not even close.

Honestly I feel like despite the fact the series is available in its entirety on disc now, GARO could survive comfortably in an earlier timeslot than the rerun. It's just really solidly animated and I think people would dig it. The only issue I could see is TFC wanting anyone who broadcasts the anime to take the live-action series with it. I don't think DeMarco could convince the Adult Swim higher ups to air tokusatsu.

Link? With how common that premise is it seems unreasonable that Re:Zero was some kind of tipping point. And if the show is well-received isn't that an incentive to do more of those kinds of stories?

>Shit tier waifu

You guys never surprise me

Say that to my face, bitch, not online, see what happens.

>not liking genki birb

do we see boros this week? I can't remember.

ye

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-06-30/short-story-contest-bans-traveling-to-an-alternate-world-fantasy/.103755

I think only at the end of the episode.

Well I'll be. We'll probably see a few more anime about this before the trend starts to fall out of style.

we're not gonna make it

we never do

>Finally bothered to check Dimension W
>It's fucking terrible.

At least the breakdancing in the opening is okay.

IBO unfortunately ran into alot of backstage issues and pissed off a bunch of moral committees along with the traditional sunrise/banco meddling.

Thankfully the last 3rd really picks up. As a whole there is still a good chance the second will be better due to more fights and a change in staff

taking a nap. don't die while I'm sleeping ratings thread

Don't die while you're asleep, user.

Will they save Toonami?

Nope since GXP ended the chance of any other Tenchi title getting on air

sleep tight

>tfw I woke up
oh well. maybe next time

never

What I find funny is that they will air it in the same time slot, won't the complaints continue? Meh I still want to see it, time sure fly hard to believe it start next week

IBO's cast feels like this bizarre group of messed up ahoges.

If the ratings improve, people will complain less

IBO could get 2 million viewers a week for months and it still wouldn't satisfy the whiners.

Because it's a shit show breaking up my viewing experience every week.

Bad fights, is what I've heard.

I feel like that's a difficult criticism to make, most anime fans don't really seem media literate enough to give good critique on fight scenes. The mainstream view is that anything like DBZ's tensionless, copypasted rapid punching is "good", while anything that goes remotely offmodel like pic related is automatically deemed bad.

But I haven't read/watched much of Fairy Tail so the only opinion I have on it is parroting bubduh's point that the series is visually sexist but very progressive narrative-wise.

fine, meet me behind the school after class

>Fairy Tail
>sexist

It's empowering. But seriously, the viewpoint character(Lucy)gets a fair amount of shit from other characters over how she dresses, and the strongest female character in the main cast is more often than not dressed in plate armor.

lewd

Couldn't remember the quote correctly so I just had to stick with something easy like sexist. Really difficult to call Fairy Tail visually empowering cmon. The author posts lewd shit on his twitter all the time, it's a manga that wears its fanservice on its sleeve.

5 bucks says you two fuck

i'm going to be the dominate one

Don't even try to fight back

lewd

and it's only going to get more lewder

h-how lewd?

If only if we could get this...

behind school after class stuff

RIP Ratings

so what are they going the do with the ending for jojo? chop up an instrumental of roundabout/use a song from the ost?

Cut it like they do every other show

That's pretty lewd

twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/779053762958749698

Tribute to Clay will be airing at the start of the block this week

that's pretty cool.

That's a thin veil to excuse the rampant fanservice.

It did suck a lot of ass. Protag is more nuts than the usual NEET MC, so the Saturday toonami thread would have fun shitposting about it, but the show itself? It's a chore to watch the all the episodes.

Lucy is a useless fantasy maiden that has to be constantly rescued after she is kidnapped--- over and over and over and over and over again. Seriously, every other story goes--- "and Lucy gets kidnapped and tied up. Now her to think to notice she loves him favorite boy has to rescue her, along with the rest of the cast".

They do flip it around so her favorite boy gets kidnapped a few times, but that's pretty rare.

The most powerful character in the main hero ensemble does run around most of the time in plate armor. Until she gets serious about fighting, at which time she will use a Lolita demon dress or harem pants and just bandages around her boxum or something similar (one of her ultimate armors is her bride's dress). So yeah, heavy on the fan service. VERY heavy on the fan service. But not like the ecchi stuff where every shot of a girl is from behind and below slightly so you can see under her dress. Just your basic fantasy females in sexy outfits.

Rip Kek la Kek

rip in peace

we ded yet?

We could've been, if chucklefucks like you didn't bump the thread for "but we need to stay alive" crap. Remember last week when the actual general and the ratings thread were up at the same time for a while? That was dumb.
For fucks sake, Toonami is tomorrow. Waiting one more day for discussion isn't gonna kill you. This thread is barely past the halfway mark in posts too, so it's plainly obvious nobody has anything left to talk about here until the next airing.
These ratings threads are for talking about the ratings and a few other things, but they aren't meant to be a week long Toonami thread. There is no need whatsoever to keep it alive, especially if the only thing keeping it from death is jackasses like you bumping it from the last few threads of Page 10, whether by making statements like yours or replying to old posts in the guise that you're actually talking about something. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you?
Just let it actually die.

So when is the thread gonna die

whoa there. no need to be mad over a thread.
enjoy this (you)

>come into a nice cozy Toonami ratings thread
>read this
Just end it all.

Who is more autistic? Those that NEED to bump a dying thread or those that are obsessed with its death?

both

I think quite a few episodes already had shortened versions of Roundabout, so I'm not too worried about it. yet.

don't worry familia. it'll all be over soon

It's easy to keep track of what's happening. Also what said.

Old shows can also cost a shit ton more since their DVDs or Blu-rays are out of circulation. Most shows get discounted for airing rights because they want to boost sales and get more eyes on the shows.

taking a nap.
don't die on me ratings thread

quit taking naps

Double Nigger

ib4 someone bumps the thread

So it appears as if Parasyte's rights are expiring on 10/1 and Toonami will burn off the remaining episodes that night.
twitter.com/ToonamiNews/status/779470679599087616

best girl coming to save the rerun slot!

If Parasyte is expiring, Akame likely either already has or will at the same time.

I know it won't happen but I could go for some dandy

Did they only learn about this now or something? Why didn't they plan for this?

That's not known. It's possible DeMarco knew the rights were going to lapse and had to talk Adult Swim into letting him burn the remaining episodes off. Not sure what'll replace it, probably One Punch Man (though I believe that ends on 10/8).

>they actually extended Toonami for this instead of it replacing other Toonami shows

Color me shocked. That said, now OPM can't be taking over the rerun slot, unless they run it alongside the midnight run

Any indication at to what will they air in the rerun slot?

My idea would be to expand Toonami by half an hour for the next three weeks, until OPM ends, and air two episodes of FLCL per night.

*as to what

Who cares what replaces it since it's gonna be a rerun?

I'd assume they dissapoint us Saturday though since that 2 weeks

>Any indication at to what will they air in the rerun slot?

We will be rerunning Kikaider. You heard it here first

- Le Faggot Man

Never mind, ignore this. I thought there was more OPM left than there actually is.

OPM would make the most sense, I definitely want to watch it again.

So if OPM ends on 10/8, then there will be that one week where it's unknown what the rerun will be. I guess they could start rerunning OPM immediately and air the first episode in the rerun slot the same night it ends its premiere, but I doubt it.

fuck yeah

AND NOW...

THE DANCE OF FAILURE.

so after one piece and the rerun episode of parasyte we get the rest of parasyte?

here's when everything ends

>and it's BY FAR the most popular and acclaimed anime of 2016.

ARE WE STILL GETTING JOJO ON 15th?

I dunno. Am I still a raging faggot?

They will probably air something like Korgoth of Barberia. Though what I would like to see is a special 3am omnibus airing of Intruder 2 since Intruder 3 will be here before we know it.

I really don't want JoJo on this block. It's fans are the biggest memers I've ever seen in anime. You think /tg/ is bad now? Just you wait when the JoJofags come in. It would be like vomiting on feces.

From the way it seems, they only keep the rights of certain shows for 1 or 2 extra runs since did Parasyte even get a 2nd rerun? Or even KLK? So unless it's flavor of the week like SAO because AoT fucked over the ratings really bad even as reruns.

AoT ran like 3 times and a half.

it also almost killed the block

I can go for KLK in the rerun slot again.

That or until OPM finishes its first airing they can slap HxH in that extra half hour for a limited time

Well, more accurately, they ran the first half of the series four times (including a marathon) and the second half twice.

The most ridiculous point was when they were 12 episodes into a run and then it got a timeslot change, so they decided, rather than continue the run as it was, it was a better idea to GO BACK TO EPISODE ONE.

How?

Retrospectively, AoT might have been the worst thing to happen to NuToonami.

I'd rather watch Milk chan than another round of KLK.

Oh wow, Home Movies WAS removed after 2 weeks, even with the good (for 4am) ratings it was getting. Check Zap2It.

Two very Halloweeny shows, Frankenhole and Lucy Daughter of the Devil (made by Home Movies creator Loren Bouchard) take its place. They appeared at 4am in this month, last year, too. Seems to be tradition now. Wouldn't be surprised if Home Movies returns afterwards, so for those who irrationally hate Home Movies, don't treat it as a victory.

Also, the 1:15am slot starting next week rotates between five recent shows. Decker on Monday, Brule on Tuesday, Million Dollar Extreme on Wednesday, Eric Andre on Thursday, Brad Neely's Sclopio on Friday.

According to Zap2It, here's October 1st's schedule

9:00 - Bob's x2
10:00 - American Dad x2
11:00 - Family Guy x2
12:00 - Toonami
3:00 - Parasyte
3:30 - another Parasyte
4:00 - American Dad x2 (though 4:00 should be another Parasyte)
5:00 - KOTH x2

wasn't HM doing ok for the time slot?
Kinda sucks. but the [as] viewers don't care about this type of shows no more. the surprise episode of SGC2C last sunday did like shit.

"SGC2C was a mistake" - Mike Lazzo

>KLK again

Doing a million reruns is why people start to hate certain shows

>slap HxH in that extra half hour for a limited time

They never air more than one new episode of a show per week, they need the shows to last. I think the only time they did that was when they were burning off Beware the Batman.

With shows like HxH,OP,and Nardo,would airing one extra episode per week really make a huge difference?

whats infinity minus two?

Never underestimate DeMarco's cheapness. He's going to make damn sure he gets his money's worth.

>Retrospectively, AoT might have been the worst thing to happen

There was also a week where they aired two episodes of DBZ Kai.

But yeah, another thing you need to take into account is that, unlike Naruto and One Piece, the HxH dub isn't hundreds of episodes ahead. It may only be around a month's worth ahead at most. That's actually why Adult Swim (and even Toonami at one point) had to occasionally take random month-long breaks when airing Bleach, because they got too close to where the dubbing studio was.

Words could not describe the seething rage I felt the week after the Grimmjow fight cliffhanger was a fucking episode 1 restart.

Yeah, the string of reruns after Ichigo vs. Grimmjow was especially nasty since it lasted nine months. Likely due to the fact that Adult Swim had just finished doing double premieres nearly every week for the previous five months.

Sorry, seven months, not five. What a time that was.

fuck mike lazzo.
He wants people to idolize him. but nobody does. so he shits on people that like the early shows that made [as] successful.
What is it with the people over at william street and their ego? lazzo and le faggit man have huge egos for no reason.

If they did it with Bleach then, why can't they do it now. There is nothing that can make Naruto good, but One Piece would really benefit from moving along faster.

"Mike Lazzo was a mistake" - user

It's kind of slow in the first 13 episodes besides the first two episodes and the last. It'd be much better than sitting through IBO though, for the fights.

when is Toonami turning 20 years old?
DeMarco said they were going to do something special for its birthday.

Next March.

Next year I think

>I'm older than Toonami by a month

w-welp

pff. why would that nigger answer a question for something that is so far away.
at least we know DeMarco will do something so april fools' day since he likes to do specials.

>max steel live action movie
isn't this like 10 years too late?

>DeMarco said they were going to do something special for its birthday.
Cancel it?

it seemed like vincent distephano really enjoyed being in the eric andre show

>da da da DA dada
>my name is eric and-
>click
people still watch live action stuff?

I like Lum, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=ET6657PH9gQ

Honestly I'm surprised people still put up with TV at all, those commercials are literally killing my enjoyment of the few shows I still do watch on it. The sooner everything transitions on a device I can put adblock plus on, the better.

You groove you lose.

youtu.be/mDmbKzaCkGY?list=PLLG7d4XwhJ31sGvDFhIFz8MXR0APhnJsL

youtube.com/watch?v=bgWywTdqMws

Monogatari series when?

never

see ya ratings thread

death

NEVER GONNA DIE

youtu.be/XlbbLFgiVQk

It's been ages since I listened to this.

KILLED BY DEATH

bump

Ree
t.Ree

why

why not?

LOOK OVER HERE

From the thumbnail, I thought Dio was making an Eneru face.

youtube.com/watch?v=_kt0t0mH92Q

whoa the ratings thread is still up

autism prevails

All of these men are correct and it barely belongs on Cred Forums.

t. I write fanfiction

Been a while since one made it to Saturday.

All thanks to the help of lonely people

no problem

yeah last week sure was a while ago

>last week was 20 years ago

see you guys at the general

>still here
If you're gonna do this every week, you should make the thread on a different board, like /trash/. Anyone who cares can easily find it, and we can avoid this reoccurring embarrassment.

ratings thread should not be allowed no more. they are nothing but an eyesore on the catalog

FOR RYUKO