Spider-Man Unlimited had a great art style

>Spider-Man Unlimited had a great art style.
>It was entirely squandered on a shit costume, a shit story, and a ton of shit character designs.

I'll never get over it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s_85l8sBlPk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>shit story
Your a shit

>dude alien furry planet lmao
No, it's pretty shit.

Spider-Man's all "Why is this guy yelling?"

did that show every had a finally? i swear it just stopped airing one day

It's funny, that world's Spider-Man was the only one I didn't feel bad for in spider verse.

No it ends with a cliffhanger where Peter runs into a cave and it explodes or something with a "to be continued". I used to think he died there, but he apparently survived since he was in Spiderverse.

wasn't it originally supposed to be a 2099 cartoon with miguel but they thought he was too obscure so they just made it peter?

It ended on a cliffhanger.
They decided the furry alien bullshit wasn't working and were just gonna take it back to Earth, but they weren't renewed for another season.

To be completely honest, from the outset the show should have just been Spider-Man 2099.

It was basically a counter to Batman Beyond, but they pussied out on going into the future because they were too scared of alienating kids.

So instead of doing a Miguel show or shoving Peter into the future, they went to a shitty furry planet. I have no idea why they thought that was "safer", but they did.

The original idea was a straight adaptation of Ditko Spidey, hence the recap in the intro.

>The original idea was a straight adaptation of Ditko Spidey

How the flying fuck do you get fury planet from the Ditko comics?

>Hey Spiderman, want to go build a go-cart?

A sliding set of priorities.
They wanted to do Ditko Spidey with this art style.
Then they switched to 2099 to compete with Beyond.
Then they switched to Peter.
Then they decided that instead of time travel it should be a "Counter Earth" so they could write in "alternate" versions of familiar characters.

It's pretty sad.

>Peter having a Cosgrove.
I want this.

They were trying to copy Batman Beyond without trying to be obvious about it but yeah they fucked up.

That said I wouldn't mimd a Spider-Man 2099 cartoon.

Don't forget the sick as fuck theme song.
youtube.com/watch?v=s_85l8sBlPk

It started as a Spiderman 2099 series, then Sony and Marvel entered their agreement giving Sony rights to future animated and live action productions. As a result, Saban who had been developing the series, could not use any pre existing storylines and were not allowed to use his regular costume along with a reduced budget and needing to do an original story

I always found the concept to be extremely bizarre. Like it's set in modern times but somehow there's a planet that somehow has people on it too but there's also furries and the technology is futuristic and there's also Spiderman's usual enemies but they're not really them and it's somehow just a coincidence that they resemble those characters.

didn't it end with the symbiote tower or what exploding and taking over everything?
at least it ended there in my country
I always thought of it as finally the "bad guys" winning and I loved it

It ended with some carmage & venom symbiote infestation if I recall, that was the cliffhanger others mentioned.

I actually liked Pete's design in this one.

The idea of the High Evolutionary creating a Counter-Earth did happen in the comics (though it wasn't like the Spider-Man Unlimited version), and it had counterparts of Reed, Doom, and some others, but they took different paths (Reed became a Hulk-like character called the Brute).

>yellow eyes
I love that shit

Venom and Carnage fusing was so dumb.

>"Counter Earth"

Well, Counter-Earth had already existed in the comics for decades, so...

>I always thought of it as finally the "bad guys" winning and I loved it

3DGY.

It wasn't the same kind of Counter Earth, hence the quotes.

What about them turning into liquid forms with HOSTS inside them? That was the dumbest shit.

The comics did that once or twice because shit art/writing, so it's harder to blame them for that.

>shit costume
Fuck you, faggot.

What about them setting off Pete's Spider-Sense?