Scooby Apocalypse

Thoughts on it yet Cred Forums

1 selfish bump

Comfy DeMatteis/Giffen bants.

Giffen, DeMatteis and Porter should have been put on a better book.

This.

It's pretty great if you're into that.

The art's not bad either.

No, they just should have been able continue with JL3001, such a great boo

k

It went to shit about halfway through and Porter left to draw Superman.

>JL3K1's cliffhanger ending will never be picked up again
>We will never see more of Sinestro and his newly found appreciation for male stripshows

Ah well...

I read first 2 issues and it seemed pretty cool. Interesting take on the ole scooby story and chars. Not bad stuff. I liked wqcky raceland better though.

>>JL3K1's cliffhanger ending will never be picked up again

What if they continue it in Scooby Apocalypse?

Wasted potential...

Maybe one day we'll get a JL3002 that will continue that story. I really liked the idea of them relaunching every year.

I've thought about this actually... would be really cool if they could do some sort of easter egg, but i doubt they'll ever do a full crossover with JL3000

Giffen clearly ran out of ideas in 3K1. I've never seen so many subplots teased and dropped in only 12 issues. 3K was great throughout though.

I don't really see it as running out of ideas, more like throwing shit on the well in hopes that it would make sales go up. And nothing worked, not even Booster and Ted.

In a weird way I feel like it was just getting off the ground... I mean we only the final team for what 4 issues? then cancelled

Reminder, this comic makes Hitler an official part of Scooby Doo canon.

Based quints.

But yeah I wanted more Booster and Ted. I really feel like there was a lot more planned for the series and that it could've gone on for a long time.

wut?

HEY GUYS, WHY NOT TALK ABOUT THE COMIC HERE AND NOT JUSTICE LEAGUE K? GO MAKE A THREAD ON THAT...
Seriously, if I wanted to talk about JL3001 I would of

Still think they should have called it Scooby Doom.

That would of been good.

What else do you want?

It's a good comic. Especially if you're into the Giffen/DeMatteis style banter in JL3K and other works.

Hitler now exists in the Scooby Doo universe.

i dunno. I tried at least.

ah ok. I wasn't sure what you meant by that.

Literally a better name in every sense of the word.

why in the fuck did they turn velma into a midget/loli?

I miss muh thick nerd

It is so much fun reading this in their cartoon voices

Wacky Raceland was an awesome concept hampered by the fact that literally nothing happens outside of the brief flashbacks.
Also the cars are alive and can talk, and that's just fucking stupid.

Dick Dastardly was unsurprisingly the best part of it though.
>mfw he straight up just lets his family get eaten by nano-bugs or whatever because he's a cowardly bastard

It's a book with an interesting premise, but no real story.

Wish there was less Penelopewank and her backstory. There's lots of racers, we need their stories, too.

There's no real protagonist.
It tries to focus on everyone, so no one has a real personality.
They should have chosen Peter, Penelope, or Dick to be the main character and have everyone else just be supporting cast.
Instead they try and make it an ensemble thing, which would work if it was like an hour-an-episode miniseries or something, but you can't cram all that much characterization into a single issue unless you focus on like one or two characters.

Penelope has little personality besides being "tough", Peter is neat, being the lone idiot optimist left over after the apocalypse (but we don't see nearly enough from him), and Dick is fucking Dick Dastardly, so he's automatically great, but again, spread thin.

Gritty hong kong phooey comic when?

I'd love a noir type grifter Top Cat comic myself.

Oh come on, user. Hitler is if it turns out she reprogrammed the nanites to turn "lesser" people into monsters. Or maybe better the other way when she elevates the others so they're eating the lesser races.

At worst she's the crappy Deus Ex Invisible War ending where you side with Helios. She wants to elevate everyone and level the playing field among humanity to turn them from their self-destructive path. To be Hitler she'd need to be the Templar "exterminate the filthy transhumans" ending.

IMO great premise and reinterpretation of characters by arguably one of comics greatest teams.

...but there's something about the ratio of text : story : plot : action that just doesn't keep me invested.

Still better than alot of Big 2 books.

It's boring and same-y. I expected better from Giffen/Dematteis.

>No, they just should have been able continue with JL3001,
except it kept going downhill, and their cast was a revolving door of cameos, deaths, and ignoring characters that already existed

Second worst of the HB line, right next to Wacky Raceland.

Its decent but it suffers from a similar problem to wacky raceland in that it does not really benifit from being a scooby doo comic.

However although it suffers from that worse then raceland does unlike raceland it does not come at the expense of a more traditional scooby comic so its hard to really get angry at it for that.

You mean Hitler now exists in the Scooby Apocalypse universe.

Vincent van Ghoul when?
Hex Girls when?
Hot Dog Water when?
Flim Flam when?

Daphne needs to die.

>hot dog water
she's never going to be relevant again, I hope you know that

Pretty fun to read. If you're trying to take it 100% seriously though, you need a different book. No matter how real the monsters are, it's still Scooby Doo.

She's very hot headed and needs to cool the fuck down. I've never seen someone portray Daph as this kinda girl. Normally she is light headed and just sorta there for the right.

It's really good and fun read. I enjoyed it very much so far!