youtube.com/watch?v=kW5Wtvj2Ivg
dc.wikia.com/wiki/Detective_Comics_Vol_1_241
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I really hope this is good.
Both Trinity and Cave Carson.

>Batman and Superman each get two villains
>Wonder Woman only has one
This is why I need feminism.

What, they don't get a variant of them standing over the new DC logo? But those have been the best ones!

>it's already Wednesday
Where does the time go?

Nevermind.

All my anxiety over quality are gone.

Ares is behind the title, user. If you look closely you can still see the horns on his helmet.

>Lois is a nice person

Holly hell I was not prepared for that.

Oh. I guess that's fine then.

Thanks for reading, folks.

Support the official release!

Batman: "Night of the Monster Men" Storytime here

Christ, Bruce is such a joyless turd.

Thanks, OP. Good read. I like seeing Clark fit in with the Nu52 guys little by little.

Still it would be nice if people remembered she has villains other than those two...

Holy Shit. Rainbow Batman.

Thanks for storytiming.

This really makes me wonder how the dynamic will sync once Superbro returns. Will things just click back into place? Or will Bruce and Diana have warmed up too much to Superdad by then? What will happen to Super dad for that matter? I hope he isn't killed off.

Like, Circe and... others.

They completely redesigned Circe in the nu52 so she wouldn't be instantly recognizable on the cover like the other characters. And Giganta is just a redhead

I want Wally to meet the Whites

>They completely redesigned Circe in the nu52
So? They did the same to Ares but they just changed him back ;_;

God DAMN I love the Superfamily so much...

Superbro returning is confirmed or just wild theories?

Well, as a reporter, you kind of have to be a hardass. Makes sense she wouldn't have to be a bitch when she's not one.

wishful thinking

They don't have to confirm it. It's a comic book. I mean some of you really thought Peter Parker would stay dead. Even the Ultimate version where "dead means dead" came back.

For that matter, it's clear New52 Lois isn't dead either. It's all part of the plot.

its really more a question of when imo

Diana says her feelings for EW52 no longer ring true, so I don't imagine they'll get back together, they're pushing her and Steve back together.

Seriously? Why the fuck did he bring all those bats.

MANABOOCH?!?!?!

Even if EW52 comes back, they're not making him the main Superman again

I'd never though they'd pull the RAINBOW batman with a straight face.

Yeah but here Superdad is Peter Parker and Superbro was Superior Spider-Man and I don't think Superior will ever come back.

>Lois already secretly invited Lex last week

What do you think will happen with the current status quo? Do you really think New Super-Man will last forever? Or Super Lana? They got their powers due to plot. Plot which involves Superbro's energy spreading out. All these events tie in together. Events which mirror Reign of the Superman back in the 90s. And what happened at the end of that arc? Superman came back.

Rainbow Batman is the best. Also return of the short shorts.

Nuperman isn't coming back.
Get over it fags.

I wonder if Lois remembers how Kon was Clark and Lex's lovechild

I wonder if they remember Chris

A Superman people liked came back
EW52 is a colossal fucking failure associated with the worst sales and creative period in DC's history.

EW52 is DC's Ben Reilly. Did he come back? No, and no, Spider-Verse does'nt count

>actually acknowledging that Superman is kind of stranger to this universe and making a point of building his relationship with Bruce and Diana
>a neat little reference to what's going on in Wondy's book

This book feels more plugged into the Rebirth status quo than Justice League does.
Gorgeous art, too.

i like that he created this tunnel

>EW52 is DC's Ben Reilly. Did he come back? No
What a shitty false equivalence.

No Damian ?

>someone who knows my pain
i likes the Azzgods
i wish Rucka did too ):

Little disapointing yeah.

Bruce is such a fucking brat

>she brought a boor as an offering
Glorious.

CONTINUITY!!

Gotta learn to control those powers son.
So ah shouldn't they be taking bruce to the hospital.

>manapul
so he's got the whole book to himself???

or is this a special thing?
i will pay money for Manapul anything.

This is incredible.
When was this.

Anybody who does not know where new supes comes from is going to be confused as hell though.

>This book feels more plugged into the Rebirth status quo than Justice League does.
yeah because the JL book is shit under Hitch

Interesting choice to skip over all the dinner conversations and shit and get to the point.

What am I supposed to be looking at here?

That's a fucking awful comparison.
Its more like Peter is Superdad and Ben Reilly is Superbro

Hey they did danny the street completly seriously in nu52 teen titans.

>this is why I work alone
>ignore that I have a team in all the other books I am in

do the writers even read the other Batman stuff

At heart.

This is called a cliffhanger.

It means they'll explain it in the next issue.

The art is great, but I wish they had a decent writer on this.

#rebirth

This issue IS decent though.

>that liefeld-tier sword
why

Even justice league is starting to improve.
The auctual dialogue in the newest issue is horrible but the plot is a lot better.

I dont know what black magic dc has fone to make so much quality

The Justice League is the one needing a better writer, this is decent, and the art is gorgeous.

I translate alone as a combination of "you're not MY superman" and "I work with people that I can control. MY team"

Manapul has worked on Detective comics.

>trashed his mooncave and all his stuff
>ruined the suit that was the only memento from his lost friend
>guy looks like his lost friend
>almost got killed by his son moments ago
>didn't even wanted to be there but was forced by Diana
>WOAH! WHY IS BRUCE SUCH A JERK? He should worship them because he is Superman and family

That was great, and the artwork is fucking beautiful.

so no ones gonna say anything about Diana's ass then

Pre 52 Lois was a hardcase but a good caring person at heart. It was Nu52 Lois who was just a straight up bitch slut.

>Jon using his powers to peek inside Diana's clothes

also Tim just "died"

This is probably before that.

God damn that was fucking great
>more Superfamily cuteness
>Bruce and Diana actually acknowledging that they're strangers but want to get to know him
>tsundere Bruce
>FUCKING RAINBOW BATMAN and Robin Dick in actual shorts
>no forced relationship drama between Lois and Diana
>that gorgeous art
So fucking good.

Batman is such a cunt

>that ass
Stop triggering Cucka.

Really good start with fantastic artwork! Can't wait for the next issue!

Trinity 01 (2016) (Webrip) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
www117.zippyshare.com/v/yQeasAC9/file.html

He will eventually. But when he comes back he won't be Superman

Yes - a nice call back to the Silver Age and teen Clark's tunnels at home and the store

I picked up both this cover and the normal cover today. Walked 2 hours to get to the store because my idiot friend was in a car crash.

fuck off retard, he almost got killed by heat vision

go get shot by a kid and then smile after it

Clark wasn't trying to kill Hal and Bruce, he as reacting to them being idiots and to the Cereal King being a crappy, unimaginative writer.

No one was actually trying to kill anyone except for maybe Hal for a few seconds.

It was pretty well written considering Manapul wrote it alone. And holy shit I forgot about Manapul going full pretentious with his composition considering his last 2 works were so timid. I love Manapul.

>comparing Diana and Bruce to Lex Luthor

what an asshole

Wait wtf, that was so short

The art was great though

It's NOT confirmed and it will likely be a while in coming, probably post Re-birth being all resolved (I guess two years down the line?)

Yup

They should remember Chris. They should remember Kon (but of course be aware since they've been there for almost a good decade that they don't really exist in this universe). Lois knew everything, that Lois also dated Lex for a while or he wanted to, I forget when were doing the demarcation.

Yeah it's not like Batman would be a salty fucking faggot if Superman came to help him against a villain or anything

>Quick read of Superman

Oh wait. I guess he is that much of a faggot

Yeah, these all can feel really short sometimes. But the art was wonderful and some of the beats were really glorious (Jonathan walking home through the fields, Diana bringing a boar, Lois having their phone numbers to call them and not telling Clark she had done so).

I think quite a few of these pages were double page spreads

Superfags and anti-Batfags are retards, bigger retards than Batfags.

Pre-Flashpoint Lois was friends with all these people. She had Bruce's number and hung out with them, she'd been to the Watchtower, the manor, to Paradise Island, etc.

And there are plenty of examples of her being caring in pre-FP books (Chris Kent being a good example, but not the only one).

>Batman being an asshole in a Superman book to make Superman look better

Oh what a twist

Batman just got his ass handed to him by a ten year old boy

Hilarious

He trashed his mooncave and this coward suddenly decided to be a hero instead of all the times they actually needed his help. Fuck off retard.

It's not hard to look better than Batman. Haven't all of his kids died at this point?

True and the page design is as good as it was in the early issues of the Nu52 Flash, without being so inherently tied to the story. It just felt brief as a story. I'd have enjoyed seeing them eat more dinner, they spent a bit of time from the doorbell to the flannel shirt, I would have liked something similar (beyond the conversation between Diana and Lois) for the rest of them, before they head out to the fence.

His kid took down the whole TT alone, hilarious.

>We were close cause our parents are deeeaaad!

Wow Diana got over Superbro pretty quick, Bruce still can't do it.

But the Teen Titans are shit

And then he repaired his moon cave

>Our common loss
You mean Martha?

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME????

Thanks for the storytime. Wasn't interested in this book, but I think I will get it.

Circe and Silver Swan are cool

that's because Superman writers only know how to write one kind of Batman

>Superman writers

These writers all jump from title to title. I don't think any of them write for only one character

and yet all the characters feel inconsistent with different characterizations based on the book they appear in

>my son can lift cars over his head, can you top of that?
Damn, I shouldn't enjoy seeing Superman having fatherly moment this much.

It was Lois.

>A real American Alien!

>Edited by Berganza

huh, so this is technically a Superbook? That's weird.

Overall, bretty decent.

Probably

Story beats given too little room to breathe and six double-page splashes make an already short introduction feel even shorter.

There must be something wrong with me because I'm finding the whole Superdad thing to be way too saccharine and sappy and it's all wearing thin. And I seem to be very bitter/annoyed that Superbro and all Pak and Morrison's fantastic work with the character have been thrown out for this.

Basically I'm going Not Muh Superman in reverse for some reason which makes no sense to me.

don't worry, it just means you have a brain and you are not a characterfag who is pleased with cheap pandering

I honestly think this is on purpose with intent to kill Superdad in battle and that this is all really a launching point for Jon Kent. Could be wrong, but between Dr. Oz shenanigans and this not feeling like a status quo that will last forever, I just get that feeling.

The character has gotten a very positive reaction and people are very fond of it. DC Comics isn't the Berlantiverse, where they need to kill off someone beloved (albeit Joe is probably way more beloved as Best Dad then Henry was) to move drama forward. There's no way they are going to kill off Superdad anytime soon OR in the distant future.

Kon/Conner hasn't been seen and we've already had Jon introduces as Superboy, he's been launched and will soon be in Super Sons with Demon Spawn.

I liked Morrison's Clark/Superman. I can take or leave Pak's, which was too much involved in cross-overs to really satisfy. The problem is that the 'fantastic work' that Morrison did was ruined by folks like Jurgens, Giffen, Lobdell, Johns, etc., who wrote the character with little to any consistency to what was done to establish him in action, and the entire Perez fiasco. The relationship with Diana mostly hurt things.

I'm not a fan of killing him off, and there are things I miss, and I like domestic comfy comics as well as most people do, so I don't have the either or feelings you do, but I also don't find it pandering.

Amazing

I think it's more like they just robbed the hell out of him by taking away the Wonder Woman line and some others, so it's time to give him something in appeasement.

I was in Greece. No woman had an ass like that.

TRIGGERED

On the other hand, you miss a shitty Superman and have crap taste in books

Ahahaha Bruce is so salty

>the bats then proceeded to eat the harvest and infest the area as an invasive species
Thanks, Bruce

AND A REAL HUMAN BEAN

THICC

>Bruce looking at Clark's hand on his shoulder
It's the little things.

si

I've been waiting for him to get back on a Clark centric book since Adventure Comics

>based Manapul art

>Diana dragged Bruce there
God let the ship become real for once!

WonderBat is trash, fuck off

lets see
Dick
>forever "death"
Jason
>death in the family
barb
>not killed but paralyzed
Tim
> ;----; Tim
Damien
>Batman Inc
Cass, Steph and Duke are the only ones to not die or be mortally wounded, although 2 were wiped from existence for years.

>Francis Manapul will probably never draw a male Thor series...
>Nor a Martian Manhunter series...

MARTHA

He'd be great on a GL book

>trinity shipping thats not Bruce/Clark
kys
im hype
goddamn i love manapul
i haven't read an ongoing with him since he left Flash for Dect

>Manapul will never draw a good Spider-Man series
hug me user

>Barb
>Tim
>his kids

only Damian counts in that list

Didn't Steph die as Robin sometime before she became Batgirl? or at least beaten to an inch of her life

God I fucking love that outfit.

>>Barb
>Tim
>his kids
well if you wanna get uppity and technical like that, then
> Haven't all of his kids died at this point?
yes.
and I'm counting Dick's "death" as a death.
i think she did, but im not sure, so i didnt want to list that, since I couldn't cite it.
I'm not a bat-expert, so my knowledge is limited.

it's just being precise
Tim has his own real parents alive in New-52

Jason and Damian are the ones that count and they both died because of their mothers anyway

So I haven't read DC in a long time, and this issue was really confusing. I have no idea what they're talking about.

What exactly is going on here? Is this still the New 52 world? Did 52 Supes die, and how? Is this a different Lois? How did this Superman and Lois get here, or are they fakes?

>Trips
Checked
Also, could this be the ancient kryptonian machine that shows the past or some shit?

NU52 Superman almost killed Bruce and Hal, though.

We had Superman/Wonder Woman, which is always awful.

Batman/Wonder Woman when it happens is actually reasonable good. I don't see why it can't happen.

Nice showing sympathy there for your dead boyfriend Diana

Batman's married to the job that's why

>bats provide free pest control and fertilizer
Thanks, Bruce!

Her own book revealed her feelings for Clark were part of the manipulation of her reality. She never loved him, and they're slowly rekindling her with Steve

Why Bat-writers hate romance?

So, are they seeing Nu52 Clark's past of Superdad's past? I hope it's Nu52's.

Even Johns' JUSTICE LEAGUE during Darkseid War revealed she wasn't sure if she loved him.

No, that's Pre-NU52 Superman past.

They're both awful

Jesus Christ, what's next? Resurrect the Kent and say they never loved this Superman and prefer the new one?

Nope, BM/WW is actually well written, at least it was when it happened the few times.

because they're aware of how shit a person Batman is

daymn diana. where the hell have you been hiding that

Miss Superbro.

Then give some examples, because I've never seen it done well.

This dude is just dying to bring up his parents at any given time.

The JL and JLU cartoons, the Joe Kelly's JLA and Greg Rucka's Wonder Woman run.

that's what bad writers usually make him do

Pretty good.

You and me both user.

Gorgeous as the art was, the writing was trite and it really didn't dealt with the fact this is another Superman.

Bruce and Diana talked about superbro for a couple of pages and then next time we see them they're all all chummy with superdad?

BULLSHIT

They never dated in any of those examples. It's all implied or teased. Nothing concrete. BM/WW would never work in practice. Bruce has no place in his heart for true love.

It's great, isn't it?

For now. Clay Mann is doing art on #4.

Manapul is an artist who would benefit immensely from the Marvel Method.

The teasing and the flirting is the fun part.

Jesus Christ Manapul...

Nigga SpOck is coming back in Clone Conspiracy

Wow man. Dude's been dead a few weeks and his girlfriend turned on him completely and his friends are auditioning replacements.

Fuck DC.

They really made her kind of a wishy washy bitch about the whole thing. I really feel sorry for superbro. More every month they keep this shit up.

They can't do anything right, can they?

Batman is really salty about this too, so you have that

This entire issue exceed my expectations. I get that they are doing Trinity instead of World's Finest, but I feel Diana will be more willing to accept Clark and his family than Bruce will be, which makes me think at some point there will need to be more pages set aside to delve into the regaining of Bruce's trust.

It really does make everything better. Everything with them is just like a warm blanket on a cold day.

Oh ok, fuck Slott then.

>Batman is really salty about this too, so you have that

The WW thing really burns my ass. I can't imagine ever respecting one of my friends if, say a month after their SO died, went around saying "Oh, yeah, I didn't really like him all that much."

Wow.

Never forget that even Morrison said at one point that New 52 Superman would be this one if he hadn't lost the Kents.
The other thing is that Diana probably copes better than Bruce does. Bruce is so psychologically unhealthy when it comes to loss that he probably has a file full of Loss edits and looks and cries at every of of them. It should be no surprise that he'd be the one that clung on to the loss of Superbro.

Geoff Johns only hooked them up together because he wanted to do a big event where Superman and Wonder Woman would try to change the world and thus create a huge war where it'd be basically them against the world.

TRINITY WAR was basically about how awful SM/WW is and how bad their relationship would damage the status quo endangering everybody.

But then Warner Brothers decided to give the couple a chance for marketing purpose and plans had to be changed, leaving Brian Azzarelo in WONDER WOMAN and Scott Lobdell in SUPERMAN and ACTION COMICS with a huge mess on their hands.

Basically, none of the writers liked the couple, including Geoff Johns, who started them as a couple. Grek Pak in ACTION COMICS constantly pushed Superman and Lana Lang together, Gene Luen Yang in SUPERMAN constantly pushed Superman and Lois Lane together and even Charles Soule in SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN used to write the couple as unhappy and constantly bickering over stuffs.

There's a difference between coping and denying that you ever had feelings for someone. Diana is not coming off good in this at all.

You know, Batman really has become such a shit character.

>behind the scenes stuff

One month she's "I love you."

After he dies she's "That shit doesn't matter."

I don't care of the relationship was as toxic as Joker and Harley, when the person you claim to love dies and then you're sure to tell everyone who will listen how much you didn't love them immediately afterwards, you're a horrible person.

No shit. This is completely gross if you think about it.

if anything he is the one that is acting as if someone actually died, everyone else seems not to care that Superman died because they have another one

Actually Batman being a jerk is the more "human" and actual real coping of a situation like this, so its actually WW the real shit-head here

Let's be honest here, Charles Soule, the writer of SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN, the comic book where Superman and Wonder Woman worked as a couple, made a point of showing us the readers that Wonder Woman fell for a fantasy.

Wonder Woman thought of Superbro as the fantastical alien god known as Superman. In her mind he was Kal-El. She didn't really knew the real Superbro.

Batman, yes, Batman knew Superbro well and was really close to him. They were tight as shit. Batman pretty much had to constantly school Wonder Woman about how and who Superbro really was or behaved.

>if anything he is the one that is acting as if someone actually died

Exactly.

>She didn't really knew the real Superbro.

Well we're getting to know the real Diana. I'll certainly never look at her the same way.

Reminder that Wonder Woman cucked Superbro with Orion.

Yes, we all know that the only reason why Wondy kissed Orion in her book was to shut him up and distract him time enough for her to grab his balls and threaten him to respect her.

But in SUPERMAN Scott Lobdell took that kiss and made it to mean 'something" more between Wondy and Orion.

That is your opinion, and I respect it. As other anons have said in this thread though, her hypothesizing that she may have never had feelings for him is based on her recognition that her perception of her own reality may have been manipulated. This might not make sense, and is completely anecdotal, but I was put into a medically induced coma in my life, and IIRC, one of the side effects of the medicine used to induce that coma is hallucinations, and it takes awhile to get out of the coma once you are brought out of it. Now, I won't and say that hallucinating because of the drugs is directly comparable to having gods manipulate your perception of reality, but its the closest comparison I can think of out of my personal experiences, and I fucking hated it. There was a time where I wasn't hallucinating or in real life. The analogy I've given is that is was like my mind was a dog trying to find its footing in a car. It couldn't do it, and it was infuriating. It's why I don't recreationally use hallucinogens. All I'm trying to say is that Diana may find out that the time she spent with Superbro and feeling she had for him were real, and if that happens I'd imagine she will look back on them fondly. While she has indicators that what she perceived may have never happened though, it isn't being cold to ask if it was real. It's just her mind trying to find its footing like mine was.

The difference here is that everything with Diana is a fictional character at the whims of her writers. So, if she's acting like a total shit head is due the writers being idiots.

Or they might have some insight into the type of experience I described.

>It's just her mind trying to find its footing like mine was.

She's not telling people that, she's saying that she doesn't give a shit. Anyone who looks at her sideways she goes into a "Oh, yeah, that's fine. Oh, a woman's married to a clone of the guy I was fucking who died the other day, that just feels right."

Dude. I mean, dude. That shit's just colder than fuck.

it was more about how these people lived their own version of the Death of Superman and kinda got over it pretty quickly

The problem with that theory is that even before the death of Superbro the writers were hinting that Superbro and Wondy weren't that into each other.

Geoff Johns wrote them as two lonely people that decided to get together to feel less miserable. Wonder Woman still liked Steve Trevor somewhat, despite that being complicated, and Superbro still liked NU52 Lois, despite him being in a relationship now.

Scott Lobdell had Superbro still having feelings for NU52 Lois and being jealous of her boyfriend, that blond Jon something guy.

Greg Pak had Superbro constantly thinking about his time with Lana Lang and feeling nostalgic about the time they were a couple.

Gene Luen Yang had Superbro and NU52 Lois having this heavy sexual and emotional tension despite all the shit they were facing.

The only writer to write Superbro and Wonder Woman as a loving couple was Peter Tomasi, and even he had Wonder Woman as this huge bitch who couldn't deal with Superbro shenanigans.

Even if she's thinking all this stuff, when asked about all this, like Lois trying to know the real answer. She just sounds like a douche

She isn't explicitly saying that, but I'd argue a lot of is her expressing it.

Writers had to wedge in some of their OTP bullshit. They all do it. If a spiderman writer is a big MJ fan he'll find a way to wedge in some shippy bullshit. If otherwise, even in the heart of their marriage some would have him seem to be pining for Gwen. It's OTP shit.

That doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

>She isn't explicitly saying that

She did a few issues ago. After meeting this Lois for the first time. She was like, "Oh yeah, that's cool." Superbro was an even fresher corpse then.

But that reflected in the comics in a big way, because in the manner how it was done Superbro most of the times thought of his relationship with Wonder Woman as an after-thought. As something that he had to put up with because he had made a commitment. An obligation.

The same happened with Wonder Woman in regards to Steve and Superbro. She constantly thought of Steve despite being with Superbro.

That was the main reason why them as a couple was so bad, because it was obvious that the writers weren't having fun with the new dynamic and was trying to make one or both of them as shitty lovers.

>She did a few issues ago.
You a different user than ?
Because that post said she isn't saying it, and yours is saying she did, and I find myself confused as to what is or isn't being said now.

Go look it up you fucking retard. We're not here to spoon feed you.

>Because that post said she isn't saying it, and yours is saying she did

You may want to reread my two posts then. She said it before and she said it in this issue too.

>Batman/Wonder Woman when it happens is actually reasonable good.
When? Not the DCAU that's for fucking sure, Diana was as terrible there're as she was dating Clark. She existed to lust after Batcock and that's it.

>Go look it up you fucking retard. We're not here to spoon feed you.

Ignore this guy. I don't know about him, but some people come here to talk about comic books. Weird, huh?

>But that reflected in the comics in a big way

youtube.com/watch?v=kW5Wtvj2Ivg

In the cartoons Batman and Wonder Woman liked each other very much, but while Wonder Woman was open about this and like to tease Batman, Batman tried to hide his feelings and would embarrass himself whenever gotten off-guard.

It was fun, dude.

>Gorgeous as the art was, the writing was trite and it really didn't dealt with the fact this is another Superman
It did, it just didn't focus on it. Not really sure what you want, a book of Wondy and Bats which about not Muh Superman?

What was good about any of those?

>Wow Superman, look at all this action! Comics never have this!

>It was fun, dude
Teasing and flirting is one thing, an actual relationship is different

Actual WonderBat would be fucking awful

Plenty. Wonder Woman had banter and Batman was tsundere.

>because it was obvious that the writers weren't having fun with the new dynamic

Comics writers are comics fans and those guys can't ever let go of their OTP stuff. Search your heart, you know this to be true. This is why there needs to be a firmer editorial hand. Writers undermine each other at every turn and the larger stories suffer for it.

Detecive Comics 241. Kinda
dc.wikia.com/wiki/Detective_Comics_Vol_1_241

Found the mix up. I'm still on what I said that you said she wasn't saying. The thing about her mind trying to find it's footing. That's what I was referencing with With respect to what you felt she said I interpreted that more as her nipping in the bud any worry Lois might have had about her coming on to Lois's Clark. For me it was more "Listen, just in case you're worried, don't be. I've really got my own stuff going on right now, and for all I know, what I thought I had previously with the other Superman may have never been real, not because I didn't feel anything, but because it literally may have never happened because I was made to believe it did, and if that ends up being the case, than even when I don't have any of my own stuff going on, it'd mean there never was anything which would mean you still wouldn't have anything to worry about." That might be cold, but I know plenty of girls who would prefer someone be brutally straight from the get go than leave worry in the air that they might have something to be concerned about.

>Actual WonderBat would be fucking awful

We don't know this, because it has never been done.

But don't actually want them as an actual couple who's madly in love with each other and constantly profess their love in every panel.

The teasing and flirting is much better.

Then some people should make an effort to read them before asking dumb questions? Crazy thought huh?

>Actual WonderBat would be fucking awful

I never understood why anyone would actually ship Batman with anyone. Dude's got commitment issues and abandonment issues. Can you imagine?

>and for all I know, what I thought I had previously with the other Superman may have never been real, not because I didn't feel anything, but because it literally may have never happened because I was made to believe it did, and if that ends up being the case, than even when I don't have any of my own stuff going on, it'd mean there never was anything which would mean you still wouldn't have anything to worry about.

There's no reason to believe that she is over Superbro because her past was changed, because she still remember Superbro.

Even before her past was changed she still had doubts if she really loved Superbro, like when she pretty much said to Steve that Superbro was more like a fuckbuddy than a boyfriend.

So then you don't actually want WonderBat. But you're still a fag with shit opinions. Wondy was shit because teasing and flirting was all she did. That might've gotten you hard since you self-insert as Bats but it does not a good story make.

>Then some people should make an effort to read them before asking dumb questions? Crazy thought huh?

Nah. I answer questions all the time. It takes exactly as much effort as being a douche-nozzle. If you're mad about comics chat, you might be on the wrong board homey.

They self-insert just like people do with Spidey. Although this fag seems to just want Muh childhood back.

>like when she pretty much said to Steve that Superbro was more like a fuckbuddy than a boyfriend.

So she's even worse cause she told superbro she loved him. This isn't making her look any better.

That's why it can be fun. There's a lot to mine there. Batman has a lot of potential for romance shit. I'm not even talking about BM/WW here, but any pairing. Batman/Catwoman, Batman/Talia al Ghul, Batman/Poison Ivy, Batman/Vickie Vale, Batman/random slut...

The only problem is that comic writers are shit at writing romance.

How can i insert myself as Bats when i'm a woman?

And their interactions were tons of fun in Joe Kelly's JLA.

Newfag detected. Cred Forums was better when it didn't spoon feed retards who come barging in asking to be spoon fed when all the info is online.

>How can i insert myself as Bats when i'm a woman?
How can you be a woman if you have a dick?

Also post feet.

I thought that Rebirth was all about MUH CHILDHOOD BACK", isn't it?

Also, why are you guys so butthurt about the prospect of BM/WW? Is it because he's not Superman?

You're dedicated
I like that

Suppose we humor you and make a BM/WW book
Who would write it?

>That's why it can be fun.

Not to the character on the receiving end of that. That's the kind of shit you tell people to run away from. Super cereal.

>There's no reason to believe that she is over Superbro because her past was changed, because she still remember Superbro.
She remembers what she perceived, and everything she perceived is currently under scrutiny. Unless anyone has seen anything to the contrary meta the issue with her reality being manipulated came off to me as a canon explanation for a retcon of everything prior to Rucka's run. If you extend that to the broader universe that includes her times with Superbro, things he might have said or done that made her care for him in the first place. Her reality being manipulated potentially invalidates all of it, and she is acknowledging that as a possibility.
>Even before her past was changed she still had doubts if she really loved Superbro, like when she pretty much said to Steve that Superbro was more like a fuckbuddy than a boyfriend.
Different writers are going to write different characters differently. This is going to come off as a cop out, but at some point you just have to subjectively weigh things they do under the control of one writer compared to that of another. In the case of Diana, I simply figured that she did care about Clark, potentially blew it out of proportion as men and women do, and was unsure of where their relationship stood at the time of his death. I've been with my girlfriend for 6 years, and there are times I find myself legitimately questioning breaking up with her, while there are also other times I can't imagine living without her. When it comes to relationships in comics, it's really easy to explain the variance that different writers bring about by interpreting it as them going through the same.

There's a lot in this that I don't understand.
I haven't kept up with DC so who's the kid? Did Superman and friends quit being heroes? Is Diana banned from Paradise Island?

>Mad lad makes assumptions.

Alas, poor Mption.

Cred Forums was better before you dipshits started to be proud of posting on Cred Forums. Being here is not an accomplishment. When this place was new we didn't have any of that. Now are you going to talk about comics, or are you going to continue to throw a fit because we are?

its out of character for batman to take a woman seriously, he's a playboy, pretending to be the bat, pretending to be a playboy

if he WERE a real person, his obsession with justice, detective work, scaring criminals, and nurturing insane people would have at least a small sexual core

he's a dominator, even if he conceals it from himself

>all of his kids
Oh please, only Jason and Damian count as his kids and who their death actually matterd (well, more in Jason's case).

>why are you guys so butthurt about the prospect of BM/WW?

I'm mad because she was telling a dude she loved him a few days ago her time, now every time someone looks at her she *has* to tell them that the dearly departed didn't mean shit to her.

I wouldn't date anyone that callous. I wouldn't even want to hang out with them. If Batman wants someone who'll forget he exists the second he's out of sight, he can have at it.

Honestly, a BM/WW book would be a terrible idea. The main focus would be about them as couples and shit would just forceful and tacky.

It works best as small interactions and moments between adventures. Either here in Trinity or in a Justice League kind of book.

As for writers... currently there's no one.

No, because it isn't just about Batman. Take for example Batman and Catwoman. Their relationship wasn't just about Batman not being able to commit with anyone because of his mission. It was also about Catwoman self-loathing and almost suicidal thrill seeking tendencies, and about both not being able to open up and being able to really commit with one another or any other person.

There are tons of things you can explore with someone like Batman in a romance. Like take Vickie Vale and her quest to expose Batman and finding Bruce an enigma and the danger that presented to both Batman and herself, and how they were getting more and more drawn into each other despite their conflict and the dangers they were facing thanks to each other.

You just need to know how to go about it.

>self insert bdsm fantasies hoooooo!

Not really. He knew how to pull his punches. Johns literally just wrote all of them to come off badly. Billy was a little thief, Diana was a clueless bimbo dressed like a whore 'because' it made her feel powerful, Hal was an idiot given a magic power ring, I guess actually Barry did get to act and be portrayed as a responsible adult, but Bruce was just smug, petty and controlling.

Clark would no more kill them than he would have put civilians in danger. This wasn't your Snyder Murderverse.

>implying batman wouldn't be a sub

Bruce isn't a playboy in most of his versions. Bruce despise the playboy act. Bruce is an autistic manchild pretending to be a bat who pretends to be a playboy.

He's also less of a dominator when it comes to love. When it comes to relationships, be it either with the Bat-family or women, he's usually utterly clueless about what to do and often gets duped.

Take Batman and Catwoman. Catwoman's usually the one who instigate things and controls Bruce by playing with his emotions.

Since clark and bruce have sons, how long until diana gets a daughter?

Batman IS a sub.

Okay wait. Did Bruce fill his plane with bats?

Yeah, in War Games, she was killed off. It was retconned that she only flatlined, and Leslie revived her and snuck her to Africa using a junkie's body to fool the world while Steph recovered.

While I like this, it doesn't make any sense, this Superman is suppose to be post crisis, this was a pre crisis event.

Superman and his family are from the pre-Flashpoint/New 52 universe. Via plot explanations really not worth getting into, they came to the New 52 universe. The kid is Superman and Lois Lane's biological child. I'm not sure what would make you think they quit being heroes. Wonder Woman is not banished from Paradise Island. She is however unable to remember how to get back to it which is lining up with a lot of other inconsistencies that she is currently noticing in her life. This has led to her believing that someone is and has been manipulating her perception of reality, or her reality altogether. Her investigation of this is the plot of the "Lies" arc in the WOnder Woman monthly. Any other questions?

Do Bats just fallow Bruce around or did he fill his plane with bats just so he could look cool when he made his entrance?

Bruce just has a boxes that are filled with bats. He makes sure to mark them "B" for bats so no one will open it on accident.

You need to read more comics or shut up.

Your response doesn't even make sense in light of my post, since i cited how those relationships previously worked.

>You need to read more comics or shut up.

This guy is mad about comics talk. Seeing as we're in the middle of comic talk central, he must like being mad.

WE SOME KINDA TRINITY

>I know it's hard for Clark to trust new people

Isn't the point of Superman that he trusts people? Characterization here seems a bit off

Superman trust everyone. Clark has had to keep every aspect of his identity a secret his whole life.

Does this place before or after Clark introduces the league to Jon or when he rejoins the Justice League? Also him being aprehensive about having them over just seems out of character for Clark, even if these aren't the same Bats and Wondy he knows

Lastly; Jesus Christ Bruce why are you being such a little bitch?

He sounds like a dick

>Lastly; Jesus Christ Bruce why are you being such a little bitch?

Because Bruce was tight with Superbro.

Wonder Woman started dating Superbro because Steve got hurt because of her twice and she blamed herself for it. So she decided to go with someone who's just as strong as her thinking it would be easier that way. Then she got mad because Superbro wasn't Superman 100% of the time. He lived a normal life outside of the costume and had to keep his work as Superman a secret from his personal friends who weren't super-heroes in order to protect them and have a bit of peace, which surprised and enraged her, because she didn't knew how to deal with that and didn't liked to keep parts of her life a secret. Then her new family made of Greek Gods started to bothering her about their relationship and his own problems started to affect her personally. Suddenly things weren't as easier or fun like she thought it would be and their relationship started to become stale.

But Bruce? Bruce and Superbro were tight as shit. Bruce was constantly helping Superbro without any complaints. They were just friends caring and helping each other.

Ah DC convolted BS continues. At least Bruce recalls HIS Superman. Diana. Wow. Girl. Greg Rucka making you into a real watered down fool. Any man to fall for WW...newsflash you end up dead or you get dumped by her cold hearted ass. Rebirth continues to poop on one of the strongest WW' runs by Azzarello and Charles Soule wrote her well too...WW once again throws away her whole cast and another upheaval to pander to Rucka's ego. This is WW biggest problem. You have a Batman of his world with everything in tact. A Superman of another world with Lois and his kid and Tomasi gave him the keys to Metropolis on a platter. Soon he'll be back at the DP. Wonder Woman? A mess. This is why WW can never have the strong spine SM or BM has. They always destroy her foundation. Any why? Because Steve Trevor bland boring butt. SMWW under Soule was a breath of fresh air. Lois is the trophy wife and mother who is there to not rock the boat but be nice and sweet. What has she done since Convergence and Rebirth? Nothing worth mentioning. Oh yeah she wore bats Hellbatsuit like it it were a onesie when Batman himself has to be careful with it. Talk about pandering. I have no time for this nonsense by Manapul. Prety art does not negate the mess DC created here.

Y U GAV 2 B MAD

I think Civil War II thread is that way

>Charles Soule wrote her well too...

He fucking didn't.

Brian Azzarello also HATED Superman/Wonder Woman.

I wish they just made Monster Men the solo books, I don't want to have to pick up Detective Comics too. I get too much rebirth as it is already.

Good, no son of a Kent is gonna be a homo.

>another white straight boy with black hair and blue eyes
DC doesn't have enough of them, I think

Holy fuck Diana's ass

And just like that, Jon's puberty kickstarted.

>JEEZ!

Wonderbats seems good for the moments, but ultimately has no reason to exist at all. We already have a semi-immortal/immortal relationship with Clark and Lois, and even if Wondy needs one, we already have Steve for that. Even moreso, if somehow you wanted to teach Diana about the loss that comes with loving and losing a mortal or whatever, that would conflict with the eventual fate of Bruce, because you know the fucker won't get to get to retirement age. Also, his problems with relationships with other people, his psychological issues and yadda yadda.

Why does Bruce needs to die for story potential BM/WW? Also, Batman dies with each need writer's run. Bruce's issues is also the reason he's great for romance.

SM/WW were horrible. It's just as bad as Kyle-Carol. BM/WW is only good as flirting/teasing staff. Pre-new52 version even loved each other, but never even had a date. Bruce-Diana relationship must became and stay on DCAU level.

This.

I actually think that if Geoff Johns had worked the Superman and Wonder Woman relationship slowly over the years in JUSTICE LEAGUE showing them getting to know each other little by little, caring for each other during the missions, teasing one another over their particularities and feelings, flirting a bit between missions making one another uncomfortable and just generally spending time with one another that perhaps they could have become a good couple.

You need to have the readers fall naturally for one another and rooting for the couple.

Instead Geoff Johns only had Superman and Wonder Woman saying that they found each other strong when they first met and then locking lips because they felt lonely, with them then becoming a couple out of the blue and planning to invade countries together and professing their undying love for one another.

It felt rushed and forced.

So I've been out of the loop for a while. I assume New 52 Superman died, and this is our "old" Superman showing up through some comic book fuckery to hang out with New 52 Batman and Wonderwoman?

Yes. Pre-Flashpoint Superman, Lois, and their son have entered the New 52 Universe. New52 Superman died, releasing all his stored solar energy in an explosion, giving New52Lois Lane and Lana Lang powers and they became Superwomen. Then New52Lois died.

>He makes sure to mark them "B" for bats so no one will open it on accident.

Where's aquaman?

Anyone have this cover without the text

Despite finding BM/WW more interesting, because i think that Superman and Wonder Woman are too much alike and predictable, i still think that there are TONS of things you can explore with SM/WW.

If i were to do them i'd explore the cultural shock.

I'd have Superman falling for Wonder Woman's beauty and friendly and nurturing personality, which would help her break his reserved nature and awkwardness, while Wonder Woman falls for Superman's godly nature and strong morals, which would make initially make Superman stand-out between all the male Leaguers.

But then as they start getting to know each other and dating they'd be surprised and shocked about each other lives.

Superman would be surprised with just how different Wonder Woman's personality and life is, what with she being extremely open with her life and outgoing, constantly interacting with important people like politicians, celebrities and such, and the whole amazonian culture and Greek Gods thing, with she basically having a cosmic background as a every day kind of thing.

Wonder Woman would be surprised with just how reserved and humble Superman's life is, with him being a farm boy and having a normal work, where none knows he's Superman, and with how old fashioned and somewhat closed minded Superman sometimes is.

This would force them to cast out the fantasies they had build of one another and start over slowly by really putting an effort to get to know one another for real, thus giving an opportunity for tons of shenanigans and fun as they the deal with the oddness of each other's lives.

It could make a nice slice of life book with some action in between.

Morrison reinstated a lot of old Batman stories, didn't he?

COIE didn't erase everything that happened pre-crisis. It wasn't as hard a reboot as New 52 was.

Can someone make a wallpaper out of this please? Preferably by just removing the text.

I love that they're addressing one of Superman's often overlooked personality flaws. He's cagey as fuck when it comes to people actually getting to know him and doesn't let people too close out of fear. Whether it's fear for them or him depends on the writer.

>This is why there needs to be a firmer editorial hand.
It becomes complicated when dealing with characters that have their own separate editors making decisions on how the character should act and be with. That's the problem with relationships between mega stars like Superman, WW, and Bats. It's why editorials for each of these characters rather just have them deal with their own universe characters when it comes to relationships. And that's a good thing. I don't want Rucka being forced by a bunch of suits to write about Superman in a WW title when he clearly doesn't want to.

Wonder Woman at the time was edited by the same large group that edit all of Superman books.

Would it make it better if you believe that she just said "I love you" to make Superbro feel better about his death? It's not like she's going to be honest with him and say "I maybe love you, but reality is all fucked up so I don't really know. Not like it matters since you're going to die. Kthxbye".

And I think you're raking her over the coals here a bit much and projecting A LOT. Did you have a bad breakup recently? It's not even like she's just saying "lol fuck that dude and everything we had together", she's just reevaluating everything and the grieving period is over for everyone. She's just at acceptance stage is all.

>world doesn't even know you are dead
>you girlfriend never loved you
>your dog as already forgotten you
>your other friend heroes are already over you

so why is Batman the only one that still cares

Dat ass

Because Bruce lost his one true love and this guy has a history of not getting over loss.

To be honest, Superbro almost never interacted with Krypto. He just left the dog alone in the Fortress.

>New52 was a stealth gayship all along
I did not need this realization today

Except Joker hasn't died
In fact there's three holes to choose from now

wonderbat would work if you give it a chance .. you need a brilliant writer and awesome artist !!

and I think it would be fabulous .. they are like the yin & yang not the same but Complete each other

>got any lunch plans?
>beating the fuck out of convicts for lunch
Nice

>I don't want Rucka being forced by a bunch of suits to write about Superman in a WW title when he clearly doesn't want to.

It just sucks when you have one guy writing one thing and other writers undermining that shit. Yeah, it might make his book better, but the property suffers. I mean they did such a shit job that they killed the dude off and replaced him with a clone ffs. (pretty much)

>Would it make it better if you believe that she just said "I love you" to make Superbro feel better about his death?

Fuck no. Seriously? That's horrible too.

>Did you have a bad breakup recently?

Nah, I'm engaged and happy as fuck. We're talking comics, not therapy.

BM/WW sucked in the cartoons, it was just WW lusting for Batman's dick because they couldn't think of anything better to focus on as a character and him being too Manly to accept it.

pls

Batman was in love with Wonder Woman too in the cartoons. Why people ignore that when they spout this type of argument? Batman would always go in highly emotional outbursts whenever he thought WW could be in danger or hurt and sometimes he'd end up being forced to do something highly embarrassing for her sake.

Batman was just tsundere about it, which was the fun part of it. See this reserved and collected loner tripping over himself or losing his cool over a woman because he deep down liked her.

Because Batman got to have more characterization outside of liking Wonder Woman, whereas she got entirely absorbed into just another character arc for him.

That's not true, user, and you know it. WW got plenty to do outside of that thing with Batman.

Batman in JL and JLU was all about his interactions with Supes and Wondy.
Wondy had her interactions with them, but also with Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter, King Farady, the amazons and Hades (which was weird choice giving that in the comic her main enemy was Ares).

Ares was the bad guy in that awful Hawk and Dove episode.

The real diana is coming back. Her rebirth book was addressing the horribleness that she was reduced to in the nu52. It was all a lie and now shes finding out the truth.

Yeah, i know, but in the cartoons what we could call her main "baddie" was Hades, where they went as far to imply he was her daddy, which is double weird.

Thank you. Fucking this. /thread.

You fucking get it. This is why Superbat is shit.

>he

that is lois talking

Comic writer we've all been needing detected. This is intriguing. How is Superman closed minded sometimes though?

>Diana made me come

I like this book already.

>This is why I work alone
>Has 50 sidekicks

God I love her costume.

Closed-minded is not really the word, my bad, but maybe not so much open about some things.

I think it'd be funny and endearing if Clark had difficulty dealing with some notions from the amazonian culture and some behaviors from Wonder Woman's family of gods, while WW herself don't see the big deal about any of it because she grew up with that being the norm. So he'd struggle to make all of that work with his antiquate views and constantly feel embarrassed about things.

Also have Clark acting like a fish out of the water while dealing with a WW who has a very glamorous life style, with her being constantly invited to galas and high-society parties and being close friends with politicians, actors, musicians, celebrities, all due to her fame as Wonder Woman and her work as an ambassador and fund-raiser for various causes. Sure, Clark is a reporter, but he mostly work on human interest stories and that's work, anyway, not his day-to-day life, even as Superman.

I think there's a lot you can mine with that in that regard.

>Manapul
I have 100% faith.

>shippers ruining yet another thread

Why do you people exist?

>Fills his plane with Bats

He's so fucking dramatic it kills me.

Very nice thank you

Pre-crisis was reinstated Post-crisis by Johns via Infinite Crisis

and he was just going to eat dinner at his friend's farm. Why even suit up to begin with?

sure user.

Because casual Bruce Wayne jumping from the Batwing surrounded by bats would have aroused too much suspicion.

He couldn't let Diana one up him by showing up in the invisible jet. He needed bats flying out of his Batwing.

No. He can take whatever Jon can dish. Why? Because he's Batman.

It really is her best outfit ever.

>Also have Clark acting like a fish out of the water while dealing with a WW who has a very glamorous life style, with her being constantly invited to galas and high-society parties and being close friends with politicians, actors, musicians, celebrities, all due to her fame as Wonder Woman and her work as an ambassador and fund-raiser for various causes. Sure, Clark is a reporter, but he mostly work on human interest stories and that's work, anyway, not his day-to-day life, even as Superman.

We're talking about a guy who has a bunch of Superheroes for friends and travelled to future before he hit puberty. Come on now.

>Thread got uberwrecked by shippers

Can you fuckers go back to tumblr or somewhere.

Most super-heroes are pretty down to Earth, but yeah, there's the Legion.

>accepting Rucka's retcon origin

They're the biggest cancer on this board right behind moviefags.

bump

POST MORE WONDERBATS

This is now a Wonder Woman thread

People bitching about shipping are fucking clueless.

What do you fucks were expecting?

You've the Superbro fans being pissed about Wonder Woman moving on after his death, which is still fresh.

You've Wonder Woman being free and acting friendly with Batman after spending years being a cold callous bitch toward him since the reboot. Any kind gesture between them two will send BM/WW shippers into a frenzy.

I'm actually surprised that we didn't had anyone shipping Wonder Woman with Pre-52 Lois Lane or Jon. Specially Jon. I'm actually surprised.

THAT ASS

Superior started coming back this very week though

Manapul just knocked it out of the park on every aspect
damn
my second favorite book of Rebirth already

Seriously. Bruce takes in all these kids who are baseline human and throws these projects all into the shitheap that is Gotham. Not to mention he has had all of his Robins die at some point or pull off their own stupid antics because Bruce is a horrible mentor and leader. Fuck outta here Bat.

>if you've trained your son the way I've trained my Robins
There's over 60 years of crazy shit your so called trained and well guided Robins (or batgirls) have pulled off to shove back in your face Bruce. Jason alone provides so much material.

this Batman only has 5 years of history
and he has all the rights to complain considering he got hit by heat vision just moments ago

>Batman/Poison Ivy
Why would he cuck Harley?

Manapaul would be amazing for Spidey, Doctor Strange and Iron Fist/Heroes for Hire.

>this Batman only has 5 years of history
even before the rebirth retcons, where everything has been expanded to a 10 year timeline iirc, Batman was STILL active 5 or 10 years before the Darkseid invasion

agreed.
would be cool to see him on RYV

O god, they're everywhere! I thought 'B' was for bananas!

Why the FUCK would you want to waste such tremendous art talent on a Marvel book? Marquez being stuck with Bendis is bad enough.

well, the implication is that, the book will have a great writer.

he'd be cool, on Scarlet Witch, Miles-Spidey or Robbie-Ghost Rider too.

Got to be. I love the store and need to support it.

My pull list is pure DC titles at the moment and I just want to keep supporting it as the dude who runs it is such a nice guy

DAT ASS

Hellyeah

Bump

yeah because n52 never really had a past because they are on the pre-n52 earth and just don't know it yet.

This is even more confusing when you remember that pre-n52batman is also n52 batman with a memory wipe along with just about everyone else.

Honestly the characterization on Supes has been a little weird. I think now that he's a dad he's become a lot more quick to violence, especially to protect his family, and he's inherently a lot more wary of people.

He's probably still missing his Superman. You know his friend who died recently and some stranger showed up looking identical to him and taking his hero identity. I'd be a little on edge too.

Honestly this is exactly how I'd imagine Bruce to act. He's never been good with death and loss and he and Clark were really close. Probably the closest thing Bruce had to a best friend. I really hope they don't just gloss over how he's feeling because it's very understandable for him to be as upset that he is.

This seems interesting.

Do you think he'll talk about the time Bruce turned into a fucking Buzzsaw

I just really want to see a Superbro/Batman Hug.

The Superdad fans seem SUPER defensive of their character and will shit on anyone or anything that is slightly harsh to him

Honestly it's how much everyone is lapping this stuff up that's putting me off. It's not a bad comic by any means and all of Superman's comics have been decent but the constant "Lol glad that shit fake is gone" "now this is REAL superman" Just seems so stupid. Especially when this supes has been pretty similar to Superbro, just with a kid.

When wonder woman was possessed by black lantern ..she was thinking of bruce to get rid of the ring and becoming a violet lantern "love power".

>no Manapul Martian Manhunter

I-I'm cold, user... I don't think I'll make it.

Even demons in hell know they loves each other

Superho was only like this 28% of the time, by the time they course-corrected, it was too late, nobody except edgelords liked him

I can't wait to see the look on his face when he completes his investigation of the comedian button and remembers his PF history.

I'm also hoping Clark brings up Dick's marriage to Barbraa when he guest stars in Nightwing, since he and Lois attended his wedding in their Convergence special

>"Lol glad that shit fake is gone" "now this is REAL superman"
More like glad the clusterfuck Supes had become under Lobdell, Pak, and Yang was over. Superbrofags are the one who can't stop whining now.

It's a back-up of Superior who doesn't even recall conceding Peter was the better guy (which he ain't, we all know Spider-Dad's the better guy).

I love how the coloring is different for the golden age compared to the modern continuity stuff.

Different Wonderwoman. She lived a life that this one didn't.

The fact the the only panels Superbrofags can post are Morrison ones makes me question just how good he was.

>Superbrofags are the one who can't stop whining now.

The other superman just went away. They're shitting on superbro. If you can't see the difference, it's because you aren't looking.

how long are they going to milk the super family meme?

we get it, Superman has a family and is perfect as always in everything he does, good, now let's move on we don't need it in every book

Better than Fartbirth Supes.

Because Batman and Superman were always bff's and their relationship actually had work put into it where they grew as characters and helped lift each other up when they were down. Their friendship was based on respect.

Honestly they were so close that isn't 100% wrong

If they hadn't made Bruce salty as fuck it could classify as a character assassination for how bad that would make him seem.

Marge: Well he's not perfect, but he is very..
Homer: OH NO MARGE, YOU SAID HE'S PERFECT, PERFECT IN EVERYWAY...I'M NOT PERFECT...LIKE THAT KENT

Well, he is looking bad anyway because if you aren't instantly superfriend with Superman your are bad according to this thread

Have you not been in the Superman and Action comics threads? ANYONE who isn't instantly on the superdick is obviously a shit who needs to get taken down a peg by Superman. As someone who sees himself as a superman fan it's really frustrating.

Isnt Diana's journry is finding out whats real or not so i chance of her past coming back is a chance. Since Wally had the Titans do the same.

>Letting other faggots influence your enjoyment
Don't user, don't let them ruin your fun

did they explain the Relationship between batman and wonder woman since forever evil 7 yet ? did I miss anything ? does batman remember anything per new 52 because of the letter berry gave him ?

Dude I started really reading supes in nu52. It's where I started. I've gone back and read a lot of other Superman but Superbro was my superman (even if I did prefer the trunks costume). Even though I've read a lot of superman Superbro still has greatest superman moment I've ever read. Seeing people just shit on him they way they are now that Old Superman is back in the spotlight hurts man. Feels like i'm listening to people badmouth a friend and there's nothing I can do to stop them.

>Farthbirth

Superho/EW52 fags can't even insult anything half-decently

Johns said it wasnt anything but no other writer picked up on it.
Its a waste and could have led to a good team up book about WW and Bats finding out the truth of what happened.
Bruce has the letter(i think) and found the button, WW knows that this isnt a real reality.
Its fucking perfect.

>chance of her past coming back is a chance

That's just dumb. I never understood DC's reboots with caveats bullshit. They're trying to make everyone happy and making a mess of it.

Me too user. Superbro is the superman I grow up reading. But if anything, Cred Forums is full of contrarians so give it a month or so when Rebirth hype pipes down a bit and Action Comics suck again, these same people will yap about how Superbro should have never died or shit.

I wised up to this fact after being a wrestling mark on the Internet. Ignore other people's opinions and just go with your own heart. If you like it, you like it.

the ass speaks for itself sir

Thats your opinion but its basic storytelling with the clues given to us. Shes trying to findout the truth so her learning about the life her preFP self lived has a chance to happen but im not saying she will be exactly the same.

In the Pre-52 continuity (1986-2011) Wonder Woman started lusting for Superman's cock because he fulfilled her girly and amazonian fantasies: noble unlike most males, powerful like the Gods and, of course, handsome. Then after he got together with Lois the fantasy became an obsession and she spend years longing for his touch and feeling sorry for herself. It took time for her to finally be able to move on.

Then the godlike JLA comic began where great writers started to put real work in all the characters in it and, of course, the cartoons aired where you had the BM/WW relationship and that dynamic was slowly absorbed by the comic with her and Batman constantly flirting here and there until Joe Kelly's Obsidian Age where things heated up. Of course, both decided to not start anything despite really wanting. So over the years you had little arcs like that where they'd show that WW was still hung up on Batman.

Dick also married Starfire in the Convergence special. So how do that work?

>superbro is the superman i grew up reading

He was only five years old. What are you, 12?

Dick: I'll take 'em both, I'm hardcore!

And for Rebirth era, he can add Helena sometime

Depends when someone started reading comics. I started reading at the age of 17 and I'm 22 now.

>Shes trying to findout the truth so her learning about the life her preFP

That wasn't her life: that stuff never happened. That stuff no more happened to her than winning the lottery seven years ago happened to me.

She's basically trying to learn what happened in an alternate future that would have taken place in the past. (lol) It'd weird and kind of dumb. It just muddles everything.

We're going to get to a point where we will not be able to tell what really happened to anyone in the DCU. There will be memories treated as canon, but that shit will have never happened. There will be characters who never did shit that the heroes will remember them doing and will probably hold them accountable for. It's going to be a huge god damned mess.

>What are you, 12?

We need new comic book fans. Do not shit on kids getting into them. It's short sighted and dumb.

Again thats just you. Im understand everything just fine. You seem to be overthinking.
Want some tea friend?

I wonder what could have triggered his heat vision

I'm with you, I'm sure the real memories will surface in a few years, and for all we know when Diana separates the truth from the lies, it'll allow her to help other characters with the same issues, and make the trinity even more important to the fabric of the current reality.

Superbro had just 5 years worth of stories. He was written by: Grant Morrison, Sholly Fisch, Geoff Johns, George Perez, Andy Diggle, Scott Lobdell, Charles Soule, Greg Pak, Gene Luen Yang, Peter Tomasi, Bryan Hitch.

Of those only Grant Morrison, Sholly Fisch and Greg Pak really wrote good stories. The others produced mediocre to outright bad stories.

Superbro comics also were constantly in cross-over hell or thrown into some wild make-over.

To compare Superbro to Superdad, who had TONS, TONS of great comics and fucking huge swat of years to be developed is a bit crazy. Superdad is superior in quantity and quality of stories.

pre-FP Superman had those stories, but "Superdad" is almost a new character, considering everything being explored so far is about him having a kid and replacing the other Superman, which are all recent developments

I started buying comics when I came to America at 18 years old, and I turn 24 in December.

There is no denying that. It's just Superbro is the Superman that *I* am nostalgic with.

This. Its a great way to go with WW and im liking the warrior of truth trying to overcome deception like this.

But of everything I've read Superbro has had the single best moment. Personally anyway. At the end of Morrison's run when Nxyly told supes that he still had one reality altering wish so long as it had something to do with the colour red, alluding to the red truck his parents drove when they died in a car crash, but instead of taking this offer he used the wish to bring the mars colonists who had been killed earlier in the story. I can't explain why this moment affected me but it seems like the most selfless action he could have done.

That bit was important to save the Justice League and it was all because Batman had a strong emotional connection to Wonder Woman, almost on the same level that Steve Trevor share with her, and that revelation is what finally ended the on-and-off thing Batman and Catwoman had been sharing since the start of The New 52. When Catwoman learned that Batman had "something" with Wonder Woman she ended things with him, left the Justice League of America and became a lesbian crime boss for her real father's crime empire.

Geoff Johns said that the connection wasn't what the readers were thinking it was, whatever might be guesses at the time, and that he'd develop it further, but as most things during his run he left the whole subplot go to waste.

>To compare Superbro to Superdad, who had TONS, TONS of great comics and fucking huge swat of years to be developed is a bit crazy. Superdad is superior in quantity and quality of stories.
The term "Superdad" is misleading. He's only been a dad since Convergence which was last year or so. If you want to use "Post Crisis" Supes, then fine. But Superdad has only had 2 or 3 stories since he became a dad. Superdad is in a sense even younger than Superbro.

feeling sorry for herself

really !! I read a lot of comics but didn't really see wonder woman feel that over superman !! which comics is it ?

FUCK, This is getting harder...

> J H Williams > Francis Manapul > Ivan Reis = Jason Fabok > Esad Ribic > Jerome Opena > Liam Sharp > Dustin Weaver > Stefano Caselli > David Marquez = Sara Pichelli > Frank Cho > Valerio Schiti > Eddy Barrows >>>> Jim Lee > David Finch >>>>>>>>>>> Janin >>> Brett Booth > Ramos > Steve Dillon

amen bro .. I am really bored of indiscriminate Relationship like SM/WW .. I want DC to spice it up .. make unique and peculiar .

Superbrofags are the most cancerous group since Spockfags.

>Again thats just you.

No, that's literally what happened. Barry changed the past. That means some entirely new shit happened instead of the shit Supes and Wally remember.

Mixing the two is not going to work.

Wasnt Cred Forums just cursing Superbro and shit a few months ago and how glad they were he was leaving.
I swear Cred Forums is tsudure at times.

>Superdad is superior in quantity and quality of stories.

Superdad is superior in he *number* of stories. That dude spend years selling pretty damned poorly. Don't go whitewashing it now. That guy spent years having complete shit stories with the occasional gem.

Now you've sifted out the decades of gems and are comparing them to a 5 year run.

>I swear Cred Forums is tsudure at times.

I know this is hard for some of you to understand, but Cred Forums isn't a person.

But Barry didnt. It was Dr. M.
And the Flashpoint event was just a cover up.
And the titans remembered Wally why wouldnt Diana do the same if she is already doubting her supposed past.

>And the Flashpoint event was just a cover up.

This is merely a retcon that will in turn be retconned when they realized they've cocked up again.

>Now you've sifted out the decades of gems and are comparing them to a 5 year run.
As opposed to the fags who pretend to love Superbro but only post stuff from Morrison? The only one who wrote him well? And refuse to acknowledge how the fucked the character was?

But as of now its canon. Calm down Carol the future isnt as set.

Welcome to comics newfag.

It was the start of the Post-CoIE continuity, which was a bit of clusterfuck.

Geoge Perez rebooted her comics, like Frank Miller did for Batman and John Byrne did for Superman, but due to some editor's mistake instead of her debuting during roughly the same period as the other two to be able to serve as a founding member of the Justice League with them, she ended up debuting years after their debuts and the formation of the JL, making her debut after the debut of Jason Todd as Robin. She was more of a rookie than fucking Jason Todd.

George Perez also made Steve Trevor into an old dude, making impossible for her and Steve to be together, making their relationship more of a father x daughter thing.

So with all that Diana became an inexperienced and wide-eyed heroine that was completely smitten by the veteran Superman, who she met during the "Legends" cross-over, months after coming to Man's World, but that first meeting was Byrne's way to end any possibility of Superman/Wonder Woman, by making them both realize that Wonder Woman's too new for romantic relationships and that her life was too strange for Superman too handle.

Of course, that didn't stopped later writers, most notably Eric Luke, Joe Kelly and Phil Jimenez, to turn that meeting into a love fantasy that Wonder Woman ended up carrying with her for years.

As for the reading material:
>Legends #1-6
>Action Comics #600: "Different Worlds", "True Love"
>Wonder Woman (Vol. 2) #140-141: "Trinity"
>Superman 80-Page Giant #2: "Redemption"
>Action Comics (Vol. 1) #761: "For a Thousand Years..."
>Legends of the DC Universe #30-32: "The 18th Letter"
>Wonder Woman (Vol. 2) #170: "She's a Wonder"
>Superman #661: "Dangerous Lady"

>As opposed to the fags who pretend to love Superbro but only post stuff from Morrison

I loved Superbro cause he was superman and I haven't posted shit from anyone. I think they scrapped him cause autismal comics dudes were still throwing a fit over red shorts and boots.

>And refuse to acknowledge how the fucked the character was?

The character was fine. You guys just "not muh'd" until you got what you wanted.

>But as of now its canon.

Like I said, for now. And they still changed history. That still means that the shit they're remembering did not happen.

>Calm down Carol the future isnt as set.

But the past is. Unless they reboot the reboot *again*.

wow man .. it's just.. I always thought she was tough . like a worrier man .

in my perspective I like the BM/WW it's good and little bit Reasonable .. what do you think about it ?

>in my perspective I like the BM/WW it's good and little bit Reasonable .. what do you think about it ?
Different user here. It's been said already in this thread, but BM/WW would never work long term because Batman is obsessed with his war on crime. As long as Batman exists, Bruce will never marry or let anyone get too romantically close. His romances end either with death or betrayal or both. Bruce has no trust, and trust is necessary for a relationship to work.

See, the deal with Wonder Woman after Crisis on Infinite Earths and the reboot at the time following it is that George Perez fucked up big time by taking Steve Trevor, her Lois Lane, out of the game, and make her a rookie to all the other established heroes. Specially because he portrayed her as a fish out of the water who was enamored by everything like a little naive girl.

So who can you pair her up with now that there's no Steve? Superman of course! He's the most obvious choice! But... Superman already had Lois Lane and John Byrne what he could to shut the SM/WW door down.

So what they did was have her have schoolgirl crush on him, with just her there constantly playing the best-friend role while secretly and silently wishing for more. This of course was further explored in the Elseworlds stories, that was a new trend at the time, where in most stories Wonder Woman would jump on Superman's bones after Lois death.

dude I know that .. I don't want you to analyze the obvious .. I mean would you give it a chance if it happen .. do you like to see it .. your personal opinion

>The character was fine. You guys just "not muh'd" until you got what you wanted
No he wasn't dumbass. His supporting cast was fucked thanks to Lobdell and The Truth arc. His rogues gallery was fucked since they couldn't use Lex and most of his other villains were MIA. He went from one crossover to the next without any time for character development like what Superdad got in his issue yesterday.
>The character was fine. You guys just "not muh'd" until you got what you wanted.
>A Superbrofag complaining about Not Muh
That's all you fags do. Pop up in any Superman thread and go
>N-n-not Muh Superman ;_;

>His supporting cast was fucked thanks to Lobdell and The Truth arc.

His supporting cast was just more spread out. I know you guys have to have Clark working in the same office for another hundred years but you can actually let that shit go.

>He went from one crossover to the next without any time for character development

That's not actually a complaint about the character.

>That's all you fags do.

Cause every new Superman comic contains at least one panel of someone shitting on superbro.

Well you asked for thoughts about it. My feeling is I don't like it because it doesn't work. I don't want to see it.

BM/WW can work. Not forever, but as a new status quo for a time.

You just have to write both characters being in love, with Bruce being more honest with himself but trying to hid his feeling for reasons and Diana being confused about it and trying to distinguish his and her own feelings on the matter, with their relationship being slowly built several issues or comics through teasing and flirting, until it gets to a moment where what they feel for each other is apparent to both and they're forced to face it. You then can have a bit of drama where Batman tries to push her away or her runs away pissed off about something that happens, and then you've another situation where either one is in mortal danger and BAM they kiss. No more hiding or running from it. They've to deal with whatever they have.

Then you can have them awkwardly trying to make things work by going to odd dates and such. They might try to keep the relationship a secret for sometime, because it's new and they're who they are, but slowly people find out. Then after that you can stop developing the relationship. Just have them together but not place so much focus. They're heroes and have their private lives. No need to have they everywhere together.

Or... they just end things before it can begin like before.

How it doesn't work? It have never been done before. Not really.

>spread out. I know you guys have to have Clark working in the same office for another hundred years but you can actually let that shit go.
Except what we got was shit.
>That's not actually a complaint about the character
Are you retarded? Superbro's character was fucked. He was supposed to be Golden Age Supes slowly maturing into Post-Crisis but instead nobody could fucking figure out where he was at. Johns wrote him as a meat-head, Lobdell as a loser, Pak as an outcast, Yang as an idiot.
>Cause every new Superman comic contains at least one panel of someone shitting on Superbro
No. Superman #7 doesn't feature him at all but there you fags were crying and shitposting. Trinity has Batman going not Muh Superman, and the Wondy shit is on Rucka not Tomasi or Manupal.

Grow some thicker skin you fucking loser. It's comics you faggot, were you crying about how Peter was NEVER EVER COMING BACK?

ouch .. your so straight man . no Courtesy

>Except what we got was shit.

The status quo is shit too. And it looks like they're going to go through some absolute retardation to put it all back into a neat little box too.

Yay.

>Are you retarded?

Him not having time to develop and being caught up in crossovers is not a complaint about the character. Saying otherwise is retarded.

>Superbro's character was fucked.

Superbro's character was fine.

>Johns wrote him as not muh

>Lodbell... not muh

>not muh

>muh

>No. Superman #7 doesn't feature him at all but there you fags were crying and shitposting.

Dude, you can't even keep track of which thread you're posting in. I may be wasting my time talking to you.

>Grow some thicker skin you fucking loser. It's comics you faggot... ALL CAPS BLAARGH

One of us does sound as mad as fuck. That person is you.

am with you bro .. just give it a chance people

wtf is happening
>bruce talking to kent as if he's not superman
>kent having a son
>superman dead when he's infront of them

have you now just gotten into dc and rebirth because this all happened months ago

>>bruce talking to kent as if he's not superman

This guy isn't Bruce's Superman.

Bump

"Hello my name is user and although i never ever read comics i enjoy shitposting about them!"

Agreed the only thing i hate from perez run, is treatment of Steve Trevor.

Diana wants to find the truth....

Is she going to be the Leaguer that discovers Dr. Manhattan? I still can't believe that Watchmen is kinda sorta canon in the DC universe now. Holy shit.

Bump

Thanks

If you check back, here's the wallpaper

I'm kinda wanting to get into DC now with Rebirth happening and after reading Superman#7 (that was comfy) since Marvel has been so disappointing with ANAD books and CW2, and right now Bullseye#1 is the only one I want because Daredevil turned to shit.
I don't understand most of this storyline they're talking about another dead Superman. What reading would ease the confusion?

You could read Superman and Action Comics Rebirth. Basically, New 52 Superman is 'dead' and this Superman is from pre-Flashpoint.

Manupal's art is so fucking sexy in every book.

Thanks, that's helpful.

Bump

>superbro's character was fine

Then why did they get rid of him? Guy was tanking in sales, stop living in denial and acknowledge there was a flaw 'sperg

They got rid of him cause they're fucking dumb. They always put a backdoor into their reboots and it always just makes shit more complicated than it needs to be.

They do that cause you guys always go full on "not muh" and stay there forever. You guys have been bitching about red underwear for 5 god damned years.

>were you crying when Peter was never coming back?

I'm not the guy you're talking to, but frankly...no, I haven't given a shit about Peter since he made the deal with the devil. Until that's fixed, he'll never be the real Spider-Man to me, the real one is Spider-Dad, who's back in November.

Some things taint a character forever.

Yeah, they do, that's why I prefer DC, their "fix fics" are usually the best comics I tend to read, Marvel don't do it that often because they're convinced they don't make any mistakes, or want to piss off the reader because it means more money comes in (fat load of good that's been doing them lately)

>anyone but based Tradd on ANGR
Heresy.

>Heresy.
Tradd Abandoned us on ANGR
i rather have some one good that isn't tradd moore than have someone come and go

Manupal is a fucking god

Hell yeah

>Tradd Abandoned us on ANGR
to finish Luther Strode and other projects.

Bump

Well they're kinda sorta doing a new version of "Reign of the Supermen" so probably.

Also, Tradd's doing backups on GR this fall.

Wow this is fucked up. Diana I never thought you were so heartless.

bump

I love you, user.

Sweet. Can someone make Superdad and WW ones too?

>Bruce is a big softy for kids

UUUU

And I'm sure you'll be bitching about Superbro for just as long