Batman #7 Storytime

>In Gotham, the Monster Men are always coming.

"Night of the Monster Men" part one, kicks off here!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AxcM3nCsglA
www111.zippyshare.com/v/BmZAdOJK/file.html
www8.zippyshare.com/v/HpxqSvEd/file.html
www29.zippyshare.com/v/F151MIV2/file.html
www2.zippyshare.com/v/dnAfw8NN/file.html
www15.zippyshare.com/v/yg9TDREJ/file.html
www69.zippyshare.com/v/JEADQUlB/file.html
www12.zippyshare.com/v/2TTTlBkR/file.html
www64.zippyshare.com/v/dveTTAxn/file.html
twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/778618106893639680?lang=it
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thread Theme

youtube.com/watch?v=AxcM3nCsglA

Wait, what? Orlando's writing the main Batbook? I never knew of this.

Based Orlando saving us from King's mediocrity by bringing out fun.
How will King even compete?

Yup! He's cowriting between Seeley, King, and Tynion!

Clayface just got a serious powerup. Holy fuck.

Those capes are fucking ridiculous.

I suddenly realize J.K. Simmons would've made a great Hugo.

I hope the crossover ends with Clayface taking the Goon's place in an "el Hombre del Lagarto" situation.

Art mistake.

>tfw I want to enjoy the thread
>but this is on my pull list
>my comic shop doesn't open for another 1r hours
D:
Been loving King's Batman, he made this title worth reading again.

When did Hugo become so DADDY???

Kind of like 90's capes, so extremely big.

Fuck off with your limpwristed nicknames.

The story continues in Nightwing #5...whenever it's available.

Duke ? no thanks.

Tim's not dead. Is he?

Thanks for reading folks.
Support the official release!

Green Lanterns: Superman: Trinity:

I hate not- Robin.

No.

Muh Tim

No. But everyone else thinks he is.

So... it's the third plane to go down since the beginning of Rebirth. Not only it's kind of repetitive, but the reason to crash here is fucking stupid. Why Bruce flies so close of this thing ?
Also, how rich Bruce Wayne really is ? These hightech planes must cost a fortune ! I begin to suspect that there is no number on his bank account but words saying "for plot convenience"

Meah.

Based. This was fun set up issue. I'm hoping a lot of gadgetwankery.

>I hate not- Robin.
You mean the Future Mr Gotham Girl?

Has Cyborg been storytimed yet?

>Monster arc with no Capullo

So... this is the third plane to crash since Rebirht... kind of repetitive... and for a stupid reason by the way : why Batman flies so close of this thing ?
Also, how rich Bruce Wayne is exactly ? These hightech planes must cost a fortune. I suspect there is no number but words written on his bank account, saying "For plot convienence"

Where do they find those big needles ? Also, Batman is a jerk with Dick for not using his codename.

The happy black guy.

hahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha

Black boys are some of the most disgusting things on the planet.

Just buy reborn if you want monsters from capullo.
Man's probably just wanting nothing to do with DC for a while, not out of anger or not wanting to work, more like he's just tired of DC for a bit i'm guessing.

Dick always gets hit with Batjerk the hardest when someone dies

Chase Lawler Wild Hunt is a Zero Hou era Manhunter reference no?

Eh, I'm not digging this. It just feels exactly like current Tec.

Could be or could not be.
Both seeley and King take really really love to bring in obscure as fuck references.
It's that or it's HYPERCRYSIS.

Now that's just downright unkind

what have you got, Cred Forums?

On that day, mankind received a grim reminder.

So, what's the deal with Clayface. He's good now? Since when? Did his lore get reboot?

Why boner?

>Orlando's writing the main Batbook?
They should think about turning it over to him more often; this is so much more entertaining than the first King arc was it's not even funny.

HAHAHA, CIA guy crashed the plane! XDD

The filler artists are so much better than Finch. Why didn't they put Reis or Rossmo on this book?

>CIA guy crashed the plane!
He's crashed a plane (his or someone else's); Batmobile; or cycle literally every single comic so far. He'll be joining Ollie in the Poor House sooner than later as this rate.

Batman 007 (2016) (webrip) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
www111.zippyshare.com/v/BmZAdOJK/file.html

Batman - Rebirth 001 (2016) (webrip) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
www8.zippyshare.com/v/HpxqSvEd/file.html

Batman 001 (2016) (webrip) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
www29.zippyshare.com/v/F151MIV2/file.html

Batman 002 (2016) (webrip) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
www2.zippyshare.com/v/dnAfw8NN/file.html

Batman 003 (2016) (webrip) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
www15.zippyshare.com/v/yg9TDREJ/file.html

Batman 004 (2016) (webrip) (two covers) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
www69.zippyshare.com/v/JEADQUlB/file.html

Batman 005 (2016) (webrip) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
www12.zippyshare.com/v/2TTTlBkR/file.html

Batman 006 (2016) (webrip) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
www64.zippyshare.com/v/dveTTAxn/file.html

>The filler artists are so much better than Finch
This is true. But Finch is still preferable to Poser Boy.

Fuck you Duke RRRREEEEEEEEEE

Jealousy over Marvel's inhuman (at least the hair) - DC hasn't had hair this big since JLI and Godiva.

I'll finally have story I crave: Batman using household appliances instead of gadgets because he doesn't have money for titanium batarangs.

Hothead get out

>(at least the hair)
ProTip: That's a wig.

I don't think anyone's jealous of the Inhumans, user

I liked it. Really good and fun issue, with better art this time! Thanks for storytiming.

Batman's new suit looks nice with this style

>Batman vs Kaijus
I'm okay with this

I'm getting tired of Batwoman in my books.

It's not that big. Bruce has fought bigger with the JL. He fought Kaiju Bloom a few weeks before this.

That was actually really good. I've now got high hopes for this crossover.

So we gotta wait 2 weeks fo pt 2?

No. Today is part 2.

Part 2 is today's Nightwing.

Oh damn forgot about nightwing

Wow, Tim barely got mentioned.

I kinda like this, need to see where it goes before I can say I'll keep pulling it but color me intrigued. I like the art style too.

is nightwing not out yet?

nevermind, I see it on win-o

>We may have lost Gotham, but damnit, we are NOT LOSING GOTHAM!

instead of Goatham they should have named him 'Ultra-Gothamite'

Because Fuck Tim there are monsters running around

what about all the panels where Batman is being more autistic than usual about saving people because they lost Tim

Wah wah wah fucking wah.
Tim's already gotten more of an acknowledgement than Dick did when he 'died' and there wasn't a massive hurricane and a bunch of kaiju running around Gotham city.

Batman pretty much took pity of the guy and gave him a chance, since the first Rebirth issue of Detective Comics

Wow I thought this was terrible.

Concept and Art are cool but why does Orlando's Batman talk so much? It was all such dry and pointless dialogue.

What was dry about it?

That is pretty horrifying.

Has John Henry been seen recently? I skipped most of 52 and just slowly getting back into things with Rebirth, but can't recall seeing him for a while.

Maybe its the way I was reading it in my head but his Batman was talking in so many short sentences and saying a lot of useless things with even more short sentences.

The page where he literally says everyones name one by one and this one were big offenders for me.

Im just used to a move calculated Batman who says a lot with the few words he picks. This Batman says not much at all but with triple the dialogue.

He is in Superwoman.

This is why I was excited to see Rossmo on this. The dude does good horror.

Welcome to Gotham city!

>What the hell is that?!
>Don't stare, honey. It's not polite. That's the exchange student from down the street.
>Where the hell is he from?!
>I always have trouble pronouncing this but...Yharnam?

I dunno, Kate. Remember when Croc turned into a hydra? That was pretty fucking big.

Btw, where are Jason, Barbara and Damian?

Only real batfamily members in this crossover

Busy with other stuff and being lucky for not getting dragged into the crossover.

> the size of those capes
Yessss

I love the dynamic between Superman and Batman so much.

Clark's having a fun night at the fair with his wife and child, and Batman's fighting THAT in the middle of a hurricane.

Jason is being written by Lobdell
Barbara is in Japan
Damian...is...hm.

I know that Snyder had an issue with the whole child soldier thing, but does King like Damian?

>and being lucky for not getting dragged into the crossover.
True.

Ok, am I the only one who thought it was a rabbit?

>Jason
Having fun time with Artemis.

>Barbara
Traveling around the world

>Damian

B.D. Wong better get buff for Gotham

>Batman can fly now

The power creep is getting ridiculous.

As someone who really wasn't a fan of Zero Year, I kind of wish the Bat comics didn't constantly reference it.

So why isn't Rossmo just permanently on this book again? His work here is 100x better than his Constantine and his Constantine was pretty good

Isn't it kind of detrimental to Clayface to have him out in hurricane-force rain?

Is that movie any good?

What the fuck, Bruce? How many times have you told people not to use real names in the field?!

people bitched constantly when he was using codenames during Snyder's run

Newfag to DC/comics in general here.
Do they seriously expect me to buy from a title I'm not subscribed to, in order to get the full story? Is Batman #8 just gonna assume I read Nightwing #5?

Number?

>Panel 2
>"Fuck yeaaah. I'm Batman."

>WE EARTH 2 GOTHAM NAO

Ready for his JLA?

Am I the only person on this board who doesn't hate Duke?

Fuck yes I am.
>mfw

I don't hate him, but Snyder shitting on the Robins to elevate him pisses me off. I don't blame Duke for that though. I blame Snyder.

It doesn't even look lIke he's shitting on them tho

>Not liking Duke
There is no excuse good enough to cover for such shit taste

(I want him DEAD!)

Oh Duke "I hate you

yes

Snyder has done it in at least a few exchanges within All Star Batman just within the two issues that have been published.

PART 2 HERE - Nightwight 005

>Snyder
> shit taste

Batman has been calling everyone by their real names in the field and on comms since Rebirth. I like this run, but that's been really grating. No-one seems to care about that anymore.

agreed

Ya'll big mad and has shit opinions

It's the same person just being butthurt

Hugo Swole

Why didn't he shoot the monster? He just crashed himself into it

butthurt and Black ?

Welcome to comics!

he owns a business making the technology for these things some stuff goes missing he only needs to answer to himself and maybe some board directors if he has any at this point

I don't get why they keep calling themselves by their civilian names on the com. I thought Batman was very against that.

For those of you who keep crying about the batfamily not appearing in the title, Jason will be in the I Am Bane arc

twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/778618106893639680?lang=it

Orlando faved a tweet of mine, asking if Midnighter would appear in the crossover

That's too bad...

Based Orlando saving us from King's mediocrity AND HITCH's COMPLETE SHITE!

(Yeah, yeah, I know Orlando's on JLA and as far as I know Hitch will be making JL unreadable for the near future; but given how hard *his* JLA tanked hopefully the same thing will happen here and they'll just replace JL with JLA as the Flagship Title).

WIND'S HOWLING

MUST BE A PLACE OF POWER

Damian and Babs ?

Damian's definitely showing up next arc, it'll probably be a while for Babs since she isn't even back in Gotham till December/January.

Hopefully not.

King, you better treat him right.

Jason pls.

they already can't give enough focus to the characters right now, they don't need to have others too

there is Batman, Batwoman, Nightwing, Spoiler, Orphan, Gotham Girl, Clayface plus Duke and Alfred in the cave

I like him. But he triggers Cred Forums

>I like him, because he triggers Cred Forums
Fixed.

DIE ! whiney bitch

And I was going to buy the Janin arcs. Based TK saving me money

The Angry Black man .

It will be retconned later anyways. Frankly they should just can some of the villains.

In pre flashpoint universe the riddler was redeemed and was working as a detective.

In New52 he was bad again because reboot with Zero year, then he redeemed and worked for the government making better prisons. He becomes a legit citizen.

Then Batman asks the redeemed Riddler for help, and then leaves him to get beaten and raped because Batman was still buttmad about Zero year, then I think the Riddler went back to crime with good reasons.

Oh, fuck no. It's terrible.

there are multiple clayface if I remember right so they can keep one reformed

>redemption after Zero Year

that's like if the Joker got redeemed, some crimes are too big to just be forgotten

> Spider-Cass
> Spider-Cass
> does whatever a Spider-Cass does.

I see you skipped Super Heavy

Are you seriously that petty?

I did to be honest, skipped a lot of the Snyder's run

Last time they said his net worth was 6 trillion dollars.

Tynion says that Clayface is getting backstory in the next arc, explaining why Bruce believes he can be redeemed.

Red Dragon (Hannibal) reference?

what is that thing?

Gross

Clayface is real batfamily member?

the crossover will be basically skippable anyway, just read batman #10 for the next issue in king's story

I really wanted Paquette to do the interiors.

He's working on Wonder Woman Earth One

>#10
Isn't the new arc will start in #9?

>I Am Bane arc
So, this will be after "I Am Suicide" arc?

This finished a long ass time ago buddy

yeah thats right, my mistake

I decided to just keep buying Batman and read storytimes for the rest. I enjoyed part 2 though.

>Psychologist AND scientist
S A V A G E
A
V
A
G
E

>Anyone being jealous of Inhumans
Fuck my sides.

Realer then Azrael

It's not power creep if it's just a piece of bat-tech.

I understood that refrence

>dropping dumbbells

my dick gets hard for tim sale pages

Duke is cool. The Azn band geek Robin was the most interesting though.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK! Goddammit DC.

>Swole hugo strange

He wants to be Batman. Bet you he dresses like Batman and has the prostitutes he hires dressed as all his femme fatales.

bump

When did Hugo lift?

She need to lend one to Gotham girl.

This is fun, and I love the art style.

King said you can just stick to the main Batman book, but if you're interested in the crossover, you should buy the other titles as well. Especially since it's one of the few crossovers written by a single writer.

He's fine and I think he has potential.
He's mostly shat on by Damianfag in these threads.

Huh. I don't hate that. It's not as good as Nic Cage, but what is?

Robbie Ghost Rider from last night's episode of Agents of Shield better version

Why the fuck isn't Damien in any of the Bat books? Isn't he literally the current Robin?

How does Dick know exactly what happened in Now Year One

He's going to be headlining two books you insufferable characterfag

he's fucking lana lang now

Where's muh Sale cover. For the first time there's NO ONE that can think it's not better than the vanilla one.

That's the second-best hypodermic needle I've ever seen!

>now
has been for the last 2-3 years

Fuck, this purple cape is amazing

Damian will have two books, Babs has two books.

And there came a day, unlike any other.

I like him.
He's Harper done right.

So what's GG up to during this? You'd think protecting Gotham from kaijuu would be right up her alley.

Read part 2.

You cunt die.

I am not feeling the angle they are taking with Duke as he seems completely like a non stop complainer and unaware that multiple people including have suffered major losses including his parents.

o when Batman gathers the entire team it doesn't include Jason or Damian anymore? I get Jason, but what did Damian do?

, I’m not going to be continuing with the Monster Men crossover. I really wanted to like this story, if only because of how disappointing the main Batman title has been.

Steve Orlando addresses the events from the other Bat titles, but it’s lip service that at times doesn’t truly sound like Batman.

He isn't shitting the Robins. Batman in All-Star said that the Robins was something that he did before that he doesn't want to do with Duke. He wants Duke to be an independent hero.

That was Batman he said that, in ASB he said something along the lines of not needing one

To me it just highlights how retarded the Batfamily is with Babs as Batgirl and not Oracle. Now they shoehorn in all these OCs who are super bland as their fill-in tech characters (Harper, Duke, Julia Pennyworth not technically an OC but may as well be) who are just not compelling. Erstwhile they brought back Cass and Steph who awkwardly get these new identities that no cares about instead of letting one or both of them be Batgirl.

I just look at some of these scenes (and the Detective series as a whole, which makes sense given this Monster Men crossover is feeling like a Detective Comics arc just temporarily taking over Batman and Nightwing to be honest) and think about how much better it'd be with that dynamic rather than the half-baked Batfamily we have right now. Hopefully Rebirth gets around to fixing this up eventually.

It's the same thing. Batman doesn't want Duke as his Robin.

I actually found it a bit racist. Why can't Duke be Robin? The fuck.

In my opinion Duke worked best as the leader of the new interations of the Bat-Boys, as in the WE ARE ROBINS book.

Just him and a bunch of kids cosplaying as Robin without giving any fuck about if Batman like it or not or if the authorities were against them.

It was different and cool.

Duke as Lark is just another Orpheus in making, a new bland black hero that eventually will be forgotten and killed years later in some big cross-over.

I love you, Damifag. Never stop doing what you do.

´Bruce kisses Duke's ass!
Bruce ;Duke'Duke'Duke'Duke'Duke'Duke'Duke' fuck me please... right now!

Batman is an idealistic cowardly pussy in ALL-STAR BATMAN #1

Exactly, Batman didn't do anything cool there.

I'm liking the Superior Clayface arc we're getting.

hoe to download all the images at the same time ?

why his batears so short

They're cute

Damian's with the Teen Titans.

Jason's busy being the Bat-Punisher.

Barbara is doing stuff with her girl posse.

Rebirth Batman's superpower appears to be an inability to use a vehicle without it exploding.

it was always presentend as a Tec, Batman, Nihgtwing crossover

When did Gotham die?

Issue #5.
Turns out the way his and Claire's powers are a Superman equivalent of the New Dempsey Roll. They slowly die in 5ish years after using Superman-level, or a couple hours if they go Prime-level. Gotham Girl held off Hank long enough for his powers to kill him when his Psycho-Pirate spell made him go Prime on the JL.

Why can't she just grow her hair?

Didn't you read the page where Bruce gives him a booster shot so he remains stable?

Why does it matter, it's their coms and in public they use the code names.

Damn, so he wasn't a bad guy? Is that why she shaved her head?

I get Waller doesn't give a fuck that he died?

Gotham was the nicest guy. The whole thing got storytime'd two weeks ago. Check the archives.
Hank Clover got saved/inspired by Batman as a kid after a prevented mugging reminiscent to Bruce's origin. Inspires him to help Gotham alongside his sister, who was at a friend's house that night. They go overseas, ask their parents to wire them money, return with Superpowers hoping to save Gotham in 5 years before their powers kill them.
Hugo Strange got Psycho Pirate to infect Hank with rage, and Claire with fear, and a soldier that survived his wrath while brainwashed found out who he was and killed his parents in revenge.

Damn what tragic shit.

tbqh I thought it was executed kind of poorly, the pacing seemed really off in that issue, although that's just my opinion. (not this user )

I actually got bored with the arc at I think issue 3 or something (the one where his parents die at the end).

The spoilers sound intriguing but I still don't feel like reading them, all these OCs make the Batfamily so bloated and bland.

I miss red nightwing, fuck dc and their pandering

Nice

>Batman! I'm going to ask you a really stupid question so that you can answer it with a badass line.

Bumping

So, who's wearing the Batman costume now?

Also this art look quite nice, will read, thanks.

They look so good tho with their emblems in red, yellow and blue. What are you smoking.

You can barely see Batman's yellow

I was actually sitting in bed the other night praising DC for changing it back.

>BATCCTV

IT'S OGDRU JAHAD TIME!

He was great in "We are Robin", but his supporting cast was even better. Too bad we'll never see Joe Chill's heroic son again, every seems to ignore that book.