How can Cred Forums hate both OCs' and legacy characters?

How can Cred Forums hate both OCs' and legacy characters?

Cred Forums hates everything, get with the program.

Cape comic fans are afraid of change because more often than not, change is bad.

I hate the program.

Cred Forums only likes what was depicted in the cartoons they grew up with.

>I am Spider-Man
no you're not

He is though.

sure

I don't hate original characters or legacy characters. I just dislike legacy characters who only exist to replace an existing white character with a non-white one.
I do generally hate all muslim characters, however. Especially Faiza Hussain.

that apple isn't quite ripe yet

When they are badly written by hacks!

No, Peter Parker is Spider-Man. Miles is another guy who for some reason goes by the same name.

In Ultimate he was Spider-Man, but 616 already has a Spider-Man who's not going anywhere.
He would be better off calling himself Scarlet Spider or something.

A large enough group of people can have a large number of opinions. It's only when viewed as a coherent group that this becomes confusing.

>I just dislike legacy characters who only exist to replace an existing white character with a non-white one.
oh, sure, but replacing a robot with a non-robot is a-okay. you, meatbag. Jim Hammond deserved better.

Because they're genuinely lazy. They just male the characters as a cheap way to ride off the success as an already successful character who became successful because of their superior stories and development. I love OCs though and I wish they would make more.

Make* of a*

Auto correct is a bitch.

He IS Spider-Man though, he's just not THE Spider-Man, saying otherwise is just "not muh".

Keep in mind I'm not trying to defend Miles or Bendis here.

they like them as long as they are made for fanservice

Nah fampai, that's Kid Arachnid. Calling him otherwise is just confusing as shit when we want to talk about either one of them.

he's as much Spider-Man as pic related.
putting on the same costume doesn't make you the same person.

I'm with just call him anything BUT Spider-Man at you MIGHT have something interesting.
because right now he's just a glorified cosplayer

Basically this.

Who on Cred Forums doesn't refer to Peter as Peter when they're talking about him? The only time anyone refers to him as Spider-Man is when they make a thread about him and call it "Spider-Man thread" in which everyone just calls him Peter after the OP.

Spider-Man isn't the same as Thor, anyone can take that shit as long as Peter doesn't make them stop.

And are you seriously implying Miles' hero name is what's keeping him from being interesting and not Bendis, his shit supporting cast, lack of original villains, and overall bland stories?

Cape comic book readers are retarded. They hate all changes initially so it becomes the writer's job to 'prove them wrong' before the first issue even hits.
Non-legacy OCs don't sell well so the Big 2 started turning all of their character ideas into minis or alt-universes or full-on legacy replacements.

It's gone on for exhaustive decades and now Marvel has fully leaned into 'piss off nerds' agenda where they don't care what the Cred Forums demographic thinks.

Well then that should play into why people hate Miles. People love Spider-Man because of the drama in Peter's life, that's where the main beef of the books comes from. Miles is just a hallow shell of that which Bendis probably wants to be the main Spider-Man. Us constantly shitting on him and bitching about it is our way of protest.

They really should have gotten Miles a new name when he hit the main universe

Miles trying to be Spider-Man is kind of his whole deal.
If the writers (Bendis or whoever else) didn't try to turn him into someone he clearly isn't they might be able to make an interesting and original character.
But nope. He's gotta be Spider-Man.

I HATE THIS POST

OCs are fine, they're great even. The legacies are what's shit.

Cred Forums is not Cred Forums

>Stop not liking things I like.

Even Kamala? Why

It pretty much is, user, it's Cred Forums but slower.

I'd love Miles if his book wasn't hickjacked by events every 6 months.
It goes
6 issues of Story -> 6 issues of event Event -> Story -> Event -> Repeat until the book re-releases another #1

this is every marvel tiltle atm

Maybe for Marvel, certainly not for DC.

same.

Because DC knows which characters to do it with and which not to.

Every Robin after Dick was shit.

Nah, Damian's pretty great actually when paired with Dick.

Cred Forums hates things that are not written well. If both OCs and legacys are being written poorly than they will be hated. It's as simple as that.

Who the hell hates OC's?

>Cred Forums hates things that are not written well
Then what's with all the praise for King's Vision and Batman?

I just don't like black people

Batfags, and with good reason.

No one does. OP just wants to paint us hating legacies as worse than the Devils anus so he just threw in some billshit to discredit us.

I'm praying for the day when someone else is allowed to write Miles' main book. I've never wanted so hard to like a character but been buffeted by their creator at all possible opportunities.

At least you're honest.

Are these characters hated on their merits, or simply because they're new?

>Especially Faiza Hussain.
Why? You literally have to search for her appearances, she's nowhere to be seen.

So the whole OF donut steal meme just doesn't exist now?

Just shit ones. The Wally sperging should prove that Cred Forums loves legacies.

Well there's Harper who's rightfully hated and there's Duke who's done nothing wrong (and recently nothing at all but sit in the Batcave) and still gets shit on.

**OC

THEY STEAL PAGES OF MY FAVORITE VERSION OF BATGIRL

But objectively don't OCs sell less than shoving (for example) spider-man on the title of a new character?

If a character is shit then it's open to us calling them shit. Like when Silk was made and she was literally defined by "Everything Spider-Man does but better."

Sadly.

Granted if somethings shit it's shit but what I mean is as a collective you can't hate on ideas in general whilst also hating the alternative.
Point is, if somethings badly written it's not because of OCs' or legacy characters. It's simply because of the writer.

He lost all potential by not just being mentored by Peter... As well as being pushed into 616. He was a far more enjoyable read previously. Bendis should be kicked off this book in favor of a better writer.

"The Ebony or Onyx Spider" would suffice. If this were the 70's they;d just call him "Black Spider-Man, but apparently we've evolved or something.

I hate the writers no the character.

Example, i like Robbie as the new ghost rider or Kamala as the new ms marvel but i hate Miles because how awful Bendis writing is.

Gee idk maybe co hates forced diversity ala taking white super roles and giving them to black people instead of giving them their own oc. I blame marvel trying so hard to pander to sjw millenials. My generation sucks and is wrong. Not like we cant see whats going on desu

White OC's hardly sell, let alone minority OCs

Jason get off the Internet

Maybe they just hate specific OCs and Legacy characters?
Though the ones they do like tend to fail spectacularly

Vision only looks good compered to Marvel's current dreck.

I know what I like, and I like what I know. I like Peter Parker as Spiderman, Tony Stark as Iron Man, Steve Rodgers as Captain America, and so on and so forth. I don't want new characters, either legacy or OC.

>
>White OC's hardly sell, let alone minority OCs
And black spiderman is selling well ??

I don't give a fuck about the race thing. I hate that the legacy character only stays two years at most. Dick as Batman was great. Falcon as Cap is good too. If Marvel and DC plan to continue on names, don't backtrack, go all the way. Looking at you the most Barry Allen.

Yes I know it'll never happen

Of course, but I already stated my opinions on legacies over here.Granted, there are some legacies that stand out and manage to be great stories despite that fact, it just goes for most of them.

so your ok with 5+ people calling themselves batman at various times not including elseworlds? His name was literally spider man. not blacc spider or token spider or whatever you want to call him. so they're can b multiple earth green Lanterns, batman Inc, 4 generations of wonder woman but we can't have 2 hero's from diffrent universe with the same name? whiney bitch. just say I don't like spider man being blacc and we can go from there

so that baby has spider powers and was literally the only spider man alive in his universe ?

>Damian is pretty cool

i'm just saying the city ain't that big and two people running around as Spider-man it's going to confuse some folk

Seriously what's Miles' reasoning now?
Being Spider-man made sense in Ultimate, he was literally inspired by Pete's death and Pete died.
Being Spider-man in 616 just makes it seem like the guy has no fucking imagination.

keeping it real user

>OCs and legacies can only be black
Well atleast your priorities are obvious even if you try to hide them.

wtf do you mean what's his reasoning ? does thor just refused to b called thor if he gets put in a diffrent dimension? Miles was given that mantle where he's from is he just supposed to say "I know I dedicated my life for this specific persons impact but I'll just say fucc that cause there's already someone with my name here "

Miles remembers none of that, his history has been warped so that he's just a kid in the 616 who took up the Spidey mantle despite Spidey being alive and well.

They aren't waifus like Kamala

what legacy character is white ? that people complain of? I see kamala, miles, robbie, sam, and blacc flash on all these threads. yet the same people defend Damian "literally Mary sue to end all Mary sues " wayne. shits sad

If you were Miles, what hero name would you go by instead of Spider-Man?

Easy Mode: Nothing immediately derivative like "Spider-Lad".
Hard Mode: Nothing referencing the fact that he's black.

Archnid Kid actually sounds cool.

>What legacy character is white
>Only races are white and black
>Damian is white

this is hilarious. in 2012 he met Peter and Peter told him to use the name. so they ret conned that too ?

reread it DUMBASS. what white legacy characters are complained about ?

> I name Latino, Pakistani also
>also forgot Muslim gl and Chinese supes
you only see what you want user

Carol. In fact people seem to prefer when the legacy belonged to a Black Woman.
And clearly you do as well.
Also I've only seen love for Chinese Supes.

"Gay Retard"

"I'm-half-Latino"

Half Hispanic

nobody would ever guess it

To be fair unless you're stereotypical swarthy latino nobody would guess you're latino. People ignore the tons of Latinos who don't fit that mold at all.

Stinger, I don't fuckin' know

I still unironically believe Ultimate Jessica Drew and Miles should have teamed up and become the Black Widows, makes the ZAP MOTHAFUCKA more thematic and the colors fit with the whole thing. You get a somewhat Peter Parker aproval with Jess being a clone and you don't get a 5 issue bullshit about legit Peter Parker and Norman Osborn asspulled back from the dead just to cocksuck Miles harder, even after every single Ultimate character already cocksucked him.
They ruined Death of Spider-Man, killed JJJ and like 3 issues after Peter and Mary Jane get a happy ending they bring up Secret Wars and kill everything.

So
What's Miles' origin in 616-8?

Was Osborn making ultimate-universe Oz-fomrula spiders for some weird reason?
Is Miles as immortal as Ultimate Pete and Norman?
Why did Miles take up being a superhero named Spider-man if there was no one to replace?
Who was pushing Miles to be a hero when he didn't want to be?
Does Ganke make his spider-fluid or does Peter send him a crate every month?
Where did he get webshooters?
What story does he have that can still 'count' in 616-8?

His batman gets just as much hate as it gets praises.

Except for the nigger in the OP, nobody but nigs and tumblr likes that shit

I'd like Miles If Bendis wasn't writing his book and he didn't have the Venom Shock. Thats literally his biggest flaws, a 1 shot end all fights john Cena move and a writer who wants to push just how "BLACK" something is.. thats why Miles isn't as loved by Cred Forums as Robbie Reyes who is just an overall good minority character who is a person and not a caricature.

>What story does he have that can still 'count' in 616-8?
None, december's issues are going to do the "Jefferson was a SHIELD agent" again.

Recluse, and his name would be House instead of Miles that way I can call him House Spider instead, or House Party cause he's Black.

Cred Forums always seems to love minority characters who are dead and gone.
Aracely. gone
Cass. gone well she's back I guess
Even the Academy kids had a following but I don't think anyone liked when they made Striker gay.

Kid Arachnid.

Striker being Gay was whatever DESU the big issue with half of the new different characters are the writers bullshit. Like If they stopped posting about how "ETHNIC" they are and writ e them as human beings things would be better. Like i get it if you bring it up sometimes but every issue doesn't fucking need it. And right now all of the kid characters catch my interest more than the adults, like right now Sam Nova is leading the pack and when Robbies book comes back i'll be down for that. Kamala is fine and Miles could be good.. he really could, but they don't know what they're doing. Also all of the Academy kids were grand and Aracely was fuckin sick.

The Ham-Fisted

>Aracely. gone
She lives on
In our hearts
Just next to L.A.N.O.S.

I think Miles' ethnicity is more of an outside thing. Until the whole world realized he was black it didn't really come up much. Miles WAS just a human, the issue is he was just boring. For me

I feel like he's got a good world and a good attitude, like wanting to be a hero is fine but, i feel he's improved as a person since then. Still got my issues but, Miles being a dweeb is pretty good. Waid writes him better than Bendis does and i'm ready for Champions if only because i wanna see a team of characters i like actually doing something.

I dont hate OCs or legacy characters, but writers these days often fail at weaving them in organically. Also a lot of them are blatant diversity hires because for some reason they think readers can only identify with characters that are the same race, but thats another issue. The most common things Ive seen is that the new character more often than not
>Is shoved into every story and given usual spotlight
>Somehow is told to be better than their predecessor and the writer offhandedly shits on the original
>Is placed in the narrative and lost among a crowded cast
>Occasional mary sue plot devices
>Piggybacks off another heroes brand name having little themselves to contribute
And so on. For me Miles, Harper, Duke, and most likely Riri have been the most annoying.

Tarantula, because why not?

Black Tarantula already exists and is miles better than Spider-Nigger-kun

I'm still on the fence about Champions. I'm a fan of the concept, especially given how it's addressing the state of things after Civil War II but from what I've read, Waid is making the story intensely political and that's the last thing I want after this shitshow of a summer event. I want less real world political comparisons and more dealing with character relationships within the canon.

>Cred Forums hates everything that isn't DC
Is what you mean

Red Back Spider? The brown recluse? Red Tarantula? Black Tarantula? Red WIdow?

Not really. No one knows what to do with the guy like White Tiger. Thats why they got fucked over in Daredevil and WT went through 6 different handlers.

The only time Black Tarantula was ever interesting was in Defalco's spidergirl series.

Exactly.. and thats why this whole setup they have no is so cringe.. with the exception of antman and most of spencers works i can't think of anybody who's not jumping the gun at marvel to be "political"

>Waid is making the story intensely political

Oh I'm sure that will be good. Marvel has such a great track record recently when it comes to dealing with political commentary in a mature and informed manner.

carol is the captain marvel. photon or whatever you wanna call her is at least 4th captain marvel . I've never seen her hated for that mantel. Chinese supes went over as well as Lobo 52

what am I seeing user ?

how many nigger words are in this thread ? at least they were man enough to admit why they don't like the majority of o.c. and legacy characters

aracely ain't dead just in limbo Oh kaine please come back and be her protector

Ultimate Spiderman: there is no better name and no one else who can take it.

Someone said that kaine would probably die in this upcoming story.. he better not or i'll be bitter.