How do you feel about Batman actively saving his enemies lives?

How do you feel about Batman actively saving his enemies lives?

I think its retarded. Its understandable that he chooses to never kill but going out of his way to save people like the joker from a situation they get themselves into / someone like the red hood killing joker is retarded. The ending of Batman begins where he lets Ra's crash with the monorail is perfect

So are you.

nope

Why should batman save criminals? Just rewatched Under the red hood and he saves black mask and his goons from burning after the joker lights them up. Why?

You would imagine that a vigilante who has no problems with breaking arms and legs would rather let them die than throwing them to jail again just to escape with how corrupt gotham is

Arkham Origins' "Kill Bane or I kill myself" was fucking dumb too.

>Why should batman save criminals?
Because he's a real hero.

It's almost as if he's a superhero....

Fuck off Zack Snyder.

he hasn't done that in years
in Snyder's run he actively tried to kill the Joker and prevented him from escaping/saving himself

If he was a real hero he would let them die.

Yeah in the 80's Alan Grant stuff I saw him kick a guy through a window only for that guy to land on a fence becoming impaled and dying.

They guy was a foreign diplomat who funded terrorists, Batman tracked his ass to a different country

Fuck yourself, retard.
This knee jerk crap is old hat.

He doesn't want to stand back and let people die ever again. No matter who they are. It's pretty simple, really.

Oh it's dumb as shit, but that's who he is so that's what he should keep doing. I want to see murder, I'll read about Frank.

Do you see the problem with that statement? He might be pretty brutal and break arms, but he has never killed. If he broke necks too maybe you'd have a point. Besides Black Mask and his boys are less evil than Joker, and Batman was not going to let Joker kill more people if he could avoid it (without killing).

Does it upset you whenever Batman saves Catwoman? After all, she is a criminal.

Catwoman doesnt kill, she belongs in prison. Actively preventing people like the joker from dying makes batmans cause of justice look laughable

>but he has never killed.
ha

The version that OP is talking about. Obviously there have been versions of Batman that have killed. Like the early Golden Age stories.

Except thats not what Im talking about. Batman shouldnt kill (atleast not all the time)

Im saying its retarded that batman goes out of his way so save supervillains from falling into their own deathtraps/ killing eachother

It's fine if he does it once or twice (with Joker or someone equally bad) but if he keeps going out of his way whenever Joker gets himself in too much trouble, I see what you mean.

I'm just saying it depends on the supervillan. I agree he shouldn't always go out of his way to save Joker, but there are other supervillains that might have a better chance at rehabilitation (which Bruce also believes in). Some villains aren't as crazy. Penguin, for example, has been an informant to Batman on more than one occasion.

At least David Ayer did him some justice. Especially the scene when he jumps into the river to save Joker and Harley. Even after they murdered Robin.

>implying the BvS warehouse scene wasn't perfect
>or the beginning with the two cops

It's HILARIOUS how much you guys force yourselves to hate this great movie.

Depends on the villain, but the issue is that then gives Bruce, a nutball himself, room to decide who he thinks should be killed and who he decides can live. I think it's stupid, but for the sake of Bruce's character, it makes sense that he would actively save his enemies, even guys like Bane, Joker, and Rah's.

> Bruce, a nutball himself, room to decide who he thinks should be killed and who he decides can live.

Him letting something run its course isnt him killing someone. Actively preventing insane murderers from dying is the reason people like the joker think he is a complete, impotent joke. The joker pulling a gun on harley should not be something that can stop batman. Shit like is doubly so cucky

If Batman can prevent someone being killed, he will. It's really that simple. No matter who that person is. His father was a doctor. He probably gets the whole "saving all life" thing from him. Still, I can see where you are coming from. Considering how dark Batman is usually portrayed. Do you feel the same about more hopeful heroes. Would you scoff at Superman and Flash saving anyone they can. One of my favorite scenes from Batman v. Superman is when Superman saved Lex's life from Doomsday.

Whenever it's tackled about WHY he goes out of his way, I think it's interesting. Personally, I believe that whenever Batman sees a life is in danger, that's all he sees. Not good or bad. Whoever you were before that moment. Just a life to save. Probably a flashback to the two he couldn't save. I'm not saying I agree with that, but I think it's what makes the character interesting. About the consequences that has too.

That was one of the best parts of the game. They were really pushing how far Bruce was willing to go.

>Would you scoff at Superman and Flash saving anyone they can. One of my favorite scenes from Batman v. Superman is when Superman saved Lex's life from Doomsday.

I hate most superheroes simply because they have such subpar content. I like batman because not only is his premise interesting and cool but the graphic novels and movies he has stand out much more than even the best of the best when it comes to most other cape characters

Id give characters like superman much more leeway to kill than batman, i simply think batman shouldnt go out of his way to constantly save the lives of criminals either, especially repeatedly.

Id like that if that was actually established as a character trait in whatever material he is and actually addressed rather than portraying batman as a cuckold that no villain should be scared of.

>>or the beginning with the two cops
One of the most Batman scenes that ever...Batman'd

Lies. Batman never killed anyone before BVS! The internet told me so!

>scared girl says "it's still here"

That's when I knew this was the best DC movie yet.

To the morality of neckbeards in Cred Forums doesnt matter for someone like Batman

You don't question the ubermensch, he makes you question yourself.

I like how DCAU Bruce handles it. He tries to save lives but if the criminal somehow fucked himself over he's not really going to bother unless there's certain personal stakes involved.

I find the film terrible in its direction but Batman killing was not one of its problems at all. The film actually goes out of its way to explain how Bruce is losing it with his vendetta against Superman, to the point that even Alfred consistently berates him for his actions in fucking up criminals as much as he did at that point.

>He might be pretty brutal and break arms, but he has never killed.
To be honest, the whole breaking of arms and legs is starting to bother me too.

Why the writers haven't loaded him up to the gills with tasers, sleeping gas and other less violent method of taking people down is really beyond me.

I disagree with the not saving Ras in Begins. Batman took out the breaks on the train and then destroyed the rails. If you cut someones breaks then put their car towards a cliff thats murder. On a side note I was hoping Ras survived the train crash to show up at a later date to play up the Immortal part in a grounded kind of way.