Guardians of the Galaxy #12 storytime?

Guardians of the Galaxy #12 storytime?
>Who?
You know, the Guardians of the Galaxy
>Those guys from the movie
Yeah, but this is issue #12 of their comic book
>They have a comic book?
Yep, and this one is a tie-in to the event Civil War II
>Civil War 2? Didn't the first one just come out?
No, that was the movie, this is sequel to the storyline event comic book Civil War
>Civil War was a comic book storyline?
Barely

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/maps/place/Ray's Pizza/@40.7632262,-73.9840487,17.5z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1sray's pizza 55th !3m4!1s0x0:0xde7db34a5b851edd!8m2!3d40.764205!4d-73.982059
www17.zippyshare.com/v/OlcSUO5F/file.html
www97.zippyshare.com/v/okNyFQYm/file.html
www51.zippyshare.com/v/KOuWEXsj/file.html
www50.zippyshare.com/v/tU0QXvJ5/file.html
www44.zippyshare.com/v/YprUsRCt/file.html
www109.zippyshare.com/v/lCQ0hRIi/file.html
www113.zippyshare.com/v/OauJwZEV/file.html
www33.zippyshare.com/v/SarioW0N/file.html
www3.zippyshare.com/v/M4tBW058/file.html
www73.zippyshare.com/v/goFL9RjJ/file.html
www108.zippyshare.com/v/eZQ50UD3/file.html
www88.zippyshare.com/v/YoL5kCzX/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I forgot about Secret Wars and got a little hyped thinking we were in the Ultimate Universe.

They're acting like they've never been here

google.com/maps/place/Ray's Pizza/@40.7632262,-73.9840487,17.5z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1sray's pizza 55th !3m4!1s0x0:0xde7db34a5b851edd!8m2!3d40.764205!4d-73.982059

5 two page spreads. Half the comic are two page spreads

SYNERGY
Y
N
E
R
G
Y

Well that sucked

QUESTION!
>> What series/character do you want Valerio Schiti on after he is done with Guardians of the Waifu here?

Its like im reading nu52 batwoman but with less lesbians and its always shit instead of constantly fluctualting between brilant and shit.

Will Groot ever be able to talk again?

Not unless Giffen writes him.

Yes Ben. You've arrived in the Age of Political Correctness.

>pollution, street violence, corporations, politicians and racism are all bad things mmkay
Sure this is why I would buy a comic book called Guardians of the GALAXY

>random panel with battle aftermath with firemen helping and heroes flying away
>Bendis makes sure there's a Kitty/Illyana moment

>carved memories into my skin!
>two swirls on his arms/shoulders

BRAVO

He already escaped in Ultimates, Benis.

>Earth is bad because racism and war
Um Rocket, you of all people should know that aliens throughout the entire universe kill each other over the same things, or much less. Did you forget about the slaving Badoon? Or how the Blue Kree opress the White Kree?

Please tell me Bendis doesn't expect us to take Rocket seriously. He's basically saying that democracy sucks, according to Rocket, what would be better?

I like how he says two Iron PEOPLE instead of two Iron MEN, as if he somehow already knows one of them is female, even though her armor is completely masculine.

This is fucking stupid. Bendis is going to keep the GotG on Earth for like 6 issues with the excuse of "LOL THEY CAN'T FIND ANOTHER SPACESHIP".
CAROL AND ALPHA FLIGHT HAVE DOZENS OF SPACESHIPS. GO ASK HER.
And there's hundreds of spaceships on Earth, fuck you Rocket.

>>Oops
>>Shocked Rocket
That's actually pretty funny

Wait, so after Carol arrests Miles the fighting just stops? WHY?

>Troll doll
Fuck you Bendis

THIS IS FUCKING RETARDED!!!!!
CAROL!
ALPHA FLIGHT!
YOU'VE VISITED HER STATION MULTIPLE TIMES!!!

Justice League. DC should nab him as an exclusive.

As long as the MCU has speechless Groot, the comics will too. Synergy.

This is the exact opposite of synergy, in the MCU they stay away from Earth, whereas Bendis' GotG run is obsessed with Earth.

at least kitty and illyana got to say hi

>WHY THE FUCK HAVEN'T YOU CALLED IN 8 MONTHS?
>You know, that's a good question, why didn't I? Oh well, doesn't matter, how are things going?
>ALL THE MUTANTS ARE DYING BECAUSE OF THE TERRIGEN MISTS. WHICH YOU WOULD KNOW IF YOU HAD CHECKED IN AT ANY POINT IN 8 MONTHS
>Wait what?

I hate this Bendis trope of characters being ignorant of stuff they should really know to create forced drama.

You ever notice how the plots in Bendis' recent works each have a big flaw that makes their entire premises fall apart?

Well in this case, it would require him to acknowledge a plot he isn't writing. And that would require him to read something neither he, or Chris Clairmont wrote.

He usually doesn't like doing that.

Haven't read much of Bendis' recent work, got any other examples?

Civil War II & Grounded is all I got.

There's one arc in Guardians where the Spartax government ousts Star-Lord for ruling during what they called the worst tragedy in the planet's history.

Keep in mind, they were talking about an attack by one of Bendis' OCs on a single city. Eight months ago, the entire planet was frozen in amber, at the mercy of a swarm of Brood that were trying to burrow into their heads to lay eggs. That attack happened when Spartax was governed solely by the fuckheads who were trying to kick him out.

But nobody brings this up...

But we were also supposed to believe this counsil is corrupt and wanted to get rid of Peter. In that sense, we can asume they were overselling this tragedy to accomplish their objective.

Don't you think it would be worse if she knew about it
>Oh Hi Illyana, what's up? how are you?
>WE'RE ALL DYING IN THIS PLANET
>Oh I already knew that, you told me 8 months ago remember, I mean what's new?
>WHAT, ARE YOU SERIOUS?
>Okay if you're not gonna have friend talk I'll go back with Peter.

What I don't get is why they gave Hala (the culprit of the attack) away to the remnants of the Kree instead of publicly executing her.

And this entire plot, which most likely won't be resolved by the end of this run, could've been avoided if Peter called them out on their bullshit right there.

But since Bendis didn't want to spend anymore time with King Star-Lord, everything just happens so the next arc can kill enough time for the book to roll into Civil War II.

Most likely because they want her to heal and eventually get rid of Peter and the Guardians.

I don't see any reason why the council would've change their minds of outing Peter if he had told them anything right there. It's not like they were in public, it was a private reunion and they had made up their minds.

He's long gone by now Bendis.
Maybe pay attention to other writer's comics as much as they pay attention to your shit.

Peter could've at least done something to fight for his position. He just got up and abandoned the planet after they tried to arrest him. It's like the ending of a sitcom.

Also, it was their idea to put him in power, but we're never told why they suddenly changed their minds.

Guardians of the Galaxy 012 (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www17.zippyshare.com/v/OlcSUO5F/file.html

~
Guardians of the Galaxy 001 (2015) (digital) (Minutemen-Spaztastic)
www97.zippyshare.com/v/okNyFQYm/file.html

Guardians of the Galaxy 002 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Spaztastic)
www51.zippyshare.com/v/KOuWEXsj/file.html

Guardians Of Galaxy 003 (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Spaztastic)
www50.zippyshare.com/v/tU0QXvJ5/file.html

Guardians of the Galaxy 004 (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Spaztastic)
www44.zippyshare.com/v/YprUsRCt/file.html

Guardians Of the Galaxy 005 (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Spaztastic)
www109.zippyshare.com/v/lCQ0hRIi/file.html

Guardians of the Galaxy 006 (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Spaztastic)
www113.zippyshare.com/v/OauJwZEV/file.html

Guardians of the Galaxy 007 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Spaztastic)
www33.zippyshare.com/v/SarioW0N/file.html

Guardians of the Galaxy 008 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Spaztastic)
www3.zippyshare.com/v/M4tBW058/file.html

Guardians of the Galaxy 009 (2016) (digital) (Minutemen-Spaztastic)
www73.zippyshare.com/v/goFL9RjJ/file.html

Guardians of the Galaxy 010 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Spaztastic)
www108.zippyshare.com/v/eZQ50UD3/file.html

Guardians of the Galaxy 011 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www88.zippyshare.com/v/YoL5kCzX/file.html

There was nothing he could do except escape. Fighting alone against the whole empire army is not a fight he would've won. And the people was about to turn on him after this tragedy. There's also the fact he WAS willing to fight anyways as the hothead he is, but Kitty stopped him.

As for that, they elected him because they wanted to recover the favor of the people. then almost two years passed and they surely realized he wasn't in for the power and didn't know a thing about ruling a world. It's safe to asume they changed their minds because of those things and would've ousted him the first chance they got.

That Kitty costume without the Shatterstar bullshit is quite badass. I hope she keeps it.

I know fighting them was pointless, but he could've done something to get back into power after he escaped into orbit. He could've hid out at that orphanage on Spartax, and come up with a plan to turn public opinion against the council.

Instead he just fucks off, and acts like it was no big deal that he left the planet in worse hands.

Why would he want to do that? He himself says that he was planning on resigning anyways. And the whole point of the intro was to show he never really enjoyed being a king. Part of him was probably grateful they ousted him.

Maybe in monsters unleashed