quickposes.com/pages/timed
senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
shutterstock.com/
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/
tumblr.com/theme/39018
pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#
youtube.com/watch?v=4j-Lz0D5_ck
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/
blambot.com/
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
napapiiricomic.com/concepts.html
littlebotcomics.tumblr.com/
tapastic.com/series/Res-Nullius
youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI
bartleby.com/123/62.html
tapastic.com/series/DEMOPLAY
imgur.com/a/01kGK
strawpoll.me/11288311/r
bug-quest.tumblr.com/post/150842481845/its-been-a-very-very-long-time
ultimateforge.tumblr.com
woohooligan.com/
imagecomics.com/uploads/releases/tokyoghost05_Preview_Page_01.jpg
de8ib6lw8p0gm.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/ksbd70.jpg
webtoons.com/en/challenge/demoplay/list?title_no=40359
cosmicdash.com/
clyp.it/sef30cgp
clyp.it/knyqqbov
clyp.it/hbfb4cqu
monster-lands.com/
jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Stand
youtube.com/watch?v=S1Fq_D_YaDU&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Scrub Authors GOODIE Bag
Here’s a short list of sites that any new webcomic artist or writer will find handy:
>*-Struggling to find that perfect FONT? Create your own using this link;
myscriptfont.com/

>*-Don’t forget to brush up on that ANATOMY:
artists.pixelovely.com/practice-tools/figure-drawing/
quickposes.com/pages/timed

>*-What’s a list without some reference STOCK IMAGES?
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/

>*-Here's a big fat compilation of CHARACTER DESIGN REFERENCE:
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/ (surprisingly not a typo)

>Links to get a rough WEBSITE started up:
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Do’s and Don’ts for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV

>Contact sheet if anyone wants to put information down, like their site and webcomic:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

>DISCORD CHAT going on,
Ask for an invite in the thread.

>Wise words from John Cleese:
youtube.com/watch?v=4j-Lz0D5_ck

>Invisible Ink:
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf

>Paper Wings
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/

>Fonts for your webcomic on Blambot:
blambot.com/

>Writing Resources:
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf

>Guide to promoting your comic:
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

>Comics for makin' comics!
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics

Anything else that should be added? Let us know.

I'm inking my next page right now and for some reason the whole process feels much more easy and free than it did just yesterday. As if I've turned some corner or some kind of weight has been lifted.

That's awesome
Don't get discouraged in case that weight falls back onto you again later, sometimes you just get into grooves. but being ABLE to get into those grooves is a fantastic sign, and they will always come back.

I am back, I made this and I'm posting 2 new ones I just made
Tell me if you like it
If you remember the hot dog comics, that was me.

new shit, and then I got another one

aaaand this.

Where's the joke, Dobson?

What regulars left?

You never fail to make me chuckle, good chum. that tumor..
text might be a little small in parts of this one.
>hasn't send
>if I'll ever to
usually the words don't match the art quite this well. did you eat breakfast this morning?
also weirdly heartwarming.

do you have a link online to your stuff?

I didn't get a chance to reply to the people who gave input on the page I posted last thread, but thanks a lot, I really appreciate it! I'll apply those suggestions when I get a chance.

Not really sure. I didn't really read other people comics. Haven't seen Spacepirate in awhile, though I think he pops in occasionally. Scandinavianprincess left.

Bones stopped spamming his comic abortions, but he still shitposts anonymously and is bitter about it.

This is why these threads are worth it
That, and guys like hotdogcomicsguy coming back

For every Nunc, there is a Dustin.
Problem is the latter post far less frequently.

reposting this from the last thread.

First, I rebooted Little Bot as a gritty action adventure.

Now, I'm taking the story in a new direction. It's going to be a highschool romance story with robots now.

>for every guy who is your favorite, there is another guy who is your favorite
I agree! It's a fun time had by all.

Shut up, Coldfusion.

You know, user, if you put as much effort into your comic as you put into being a dramawhore, people might actually pay attention to you for a good reason. But I guess that's too hard.

Actually I was just calling you out since I couldn't imagine anyone else coming up with such a bad way to turn that post around.

If you're not him or Nunc, I don't know what the fuck.

>I don't know what the fuck

Which is probably why people don't listen to you.

>I don't know what the fuck.
Truest thing you've said in a while. Stick to that, Socrates will be proud of you.
If you think you're earning points or something by aligning with imagined factions, I'm sure I can speak for Dustin and the other artists you like in saying that is not how you get on their good side. Nor do you need to. Just be yourself.

the sad thing is they do listen to him. at least a few people i've talked to have left these threads because of that shit

When I say "Shut up, Coldfusion", what I mean is "Coldfusion please don't start this drama back up with that user oh my god this thread is going well please stop." But in trying to say "No stop!", I caused drama myself.

So I'm just gonna shut up instead.

The officers meet up with a man named Wukong, but meet Liz instead.

Do you ever get the sense that he's actively trying to sabotage the thread out of some sense of spite?

Wait, who's "he"? What did they do?

>Sonny
>Mr. Wukong
>Sonny Wukong

He's a monkey, ain't he?

Not saying it wasn't ever, but it wasn't me this time

Hi /hyw/,

I've posted here before, but never gotten much feedback, what I did get I applied to the comic. More solid blacks, more value shifts, and some paneling changes.

Any more suggestions?

Yeah, and now we have rumormongering and we all know which user said and did what and there's a secret user driving out everyone who is apparently also me and shit.

Sorry, Coldfusion.
Sorry, thread.
Sorry, this user , although you're probably a shitposter and deserve to be lumped in with me.

Yep, Sonny's gonna be based off Sun Wukong. In fact, he's his descendant. He's gonna appear later on in the comic, probably the next story arc.

Feel when lose art commission for cool comic idea.

at least now I know it was the good kind of shut-up. the kind that means a collar-tugging "sshh cut it out" that's kind of hard to glean from text.
I would also have accepted a 'shut up because you're dominating the conversation and someone else wants a turn' kind of shut-up.

This is looking a lot more interesting since the last time you posted it. The pictures are a lot more clear and more engaging.
Is it going to... you know, go anywhere from here? Because it's hard to make a judgment at this point.

Finished this page!

>Eye coming out of the cheekbone.
Normally I'd assume this has to be intentional, but...it doesn't feel like that.

I'm a bit daunted by the idea of setting an update schedule...I'm terrified of disappointing people.

But! I have been working on the next two chapters to be posted batches, all B&W at first, then adding color to #2 as I post #3 etc etc.

If you want you can check out the concept art page here: napapiiricomic.com/concepts.html

pic related, Its an idea for a villain from the older mohawk guy's past.

it's amusing to me that sarah is incapacitatingly into brown abs.

Well you don't necessarily have to have a schedule

I've also been a stay at home dad for the past year or so, so It's been a side project mostly.

Another possible villain, robotic man-hunter with indestructible egg-shaped ai/powersource

She's into any boy taking his shirt off, the biggest perverts are into whatever they can get their hands on.

Livin' the fuckin' dream. Keep it up man.
The anglerfishy kinda dinglybob is cool.. Legs need a littl work maybe, but I'm not seeing how they'd really be able ot hunt any men, I don't see any weapons.. Except a sort of hook

>Oh, I can.. take my.. shirt off....

I was thinking a net thing from the front of the widest part, like that yellow robot in Mortal Kombat 3, and then the scoop for carrying gift wrapped escapees

Here's a pic of Veli playing an instrument made from an animal jaw

CYRAX HOLY SHIT HOW DID I NOT REMEMBER THAT HE WAS MY MAIN

>and then the scoop for carrying gift wrapped escapees
that's the most adorable thing i've seen since the bubble that caught people in The Prisoner.
oh cool, an extra arm growing in.

I love robots too much. Do you have link to the comic or your art

littlebotcomics.tumblr.com/

Didn't eat breakfast, and uuuuh... I did that kind of on purpose.
not yet, but I'll into social media soon!
Dobson.
My next character's name...

How into colouring?

two basic techniques:
1. (babbu way) either convert your lines into perfect crisp aliased lines, or change the 'tolerance' setting on fill bucket, then use fill bucket.
2. (grownup real job way) make your lines into a layer where the not-the-lines part is transparent and exactly as transparent as it should be, then color manually "under" those lines on a layer below, where you have to use your pen to carefully stay inside the lines and it'll take forever.

or did you mean shading? i can explain that too

>i can explain that too

please explain everything you know

right, so like, there's two basic kinds of shading, and you can totally muddle anywhere in between:
cel shading is making hard shapes (like that you drew with lines and filled in) for the shadowy bits, and the shine bits if it's shiny
otherwise if you used a paintbrushy tool, you could do soft shading. that's more realistic (depending on the material) but a lot harder to be good at, and a lot more work.

as for how you decide on the shapes, obviously like anything else there's just learning by rote. That's limited, because if you come across an unfamiliar shape, you'll be fucked. but it does still help you whenever those come around. Like, I can shade spheres in my sleep because they're all variations of how much of a crescent is shaded or whatever.
Otherwise you have to pay careful attention to the shape, and decide exactly which bits would be in shadow. You think about where the light source is, and then think of which bits are being hit by light, and all the other bits will be in shadow.. if a part sticks up, it should cast a wee shadow. that's whycome anime has all those complicated nose shadows because the nose is roughly the only thing on your face that sticks out.

for REALLY advanced shit, you can add a gradient to the shading. that's what the professionals do

>gradient to the shading

I always hated this

it's stupid, but if it's done well, it looks amazing. and technically that's how real-life shiny things look

Well you're wrong.

sorry for ruining your little faggy world but this looks like shit

Aw precious. Show us what you like then. Doesn't even have to be your own work.

I was criticized in the last thread for not providing a link to my comic, so I'm acting on that straight away and providing three, depending on your preferred platform.

belongingtonobody.tumblr.com

or

Apparently Cred Forums thinks this link is spam, standby

or

tapastic.com/series/Res-Nullius

I've also got a little blog where I post lore, world-building, Q&A, miscellaneous art, fanart, etc.

dumcasta.tumblr.com

Probably with the comic fury link, let's see if this works

resnullius (dot) webcomic (dot) ws/

I mean, something about it definitely looks "Wrong", and it's fair to call it over-rendered, but i respect it. Maybe this guy doesn't. Shit is definitely going too far.

>I was criticized in the last thread for not providing a link
I'm the guy who mentioned you don't link stuff.

I wasn't criticizing you for it. I said it's why it's not that likely people are familiar with your stuff.

Woof, I've seen this before
>reluctant to do a thing. insist you won't. other person tries pushing you but relents
>now suddenly on a mood shift you decide to do it anyway
>trouble will happen
>other person will seem to be at fault
But just like a good sitcom farce, seeing it coming doesn't change that i'll enjoy it. also I dig the giraffe snake alien. and the fact that these units wouldn't be automatically in the preferred setup.

Oh yeah that's right. And it was pertinent to the disagreement at the time, since perspective was in order, and it was important to be able to read his other comics to know that not all of them are limited to talking heads.

Just 'aving a laff, m8

Been working more on my NSFW webcomic
Also I would totally suggest tapastic for people that want a good hosting site

>not all of them are limited to talking heads

I really don't want people to argue about this stuff, but I don't remember anyone saying they were.

holy shit lilith!! awesome to see you in here. Aside from fucking and tig ol' bitties, what's this comic about?
(tapastic doesn't let you see nsfw without an account)
hahaha blurred dudenips

it was a confusing argument. it seemed like we couldn't pin down what the gripe was, but there was a gripe. and then there was a gripe about nunc answering the gripes with a defense of the choices.
If it wasn't about the grid format, and it wasn't about it being all talking heads, then I don't know what's left. Perhaps it's best to leave it alone.

some gay shit

Best free software for going over lines? I want to leave it in pencil really but I know that won't settle with anyone.

>is this a creative new paneling choice?
>no, i'm a mutant from that other comic, i have a head coming out of my back for real

actually there are ways of darkening up pencil and making it look quite nice. especially if you work hard to make them nice in the first place. also you can clean up some of the messiness so people won't even notice

From last thread, here's part one of my crossover with Stones of Anarchy

And now, here's part two. While shorter, this was the only one that I came up instantly after Stones joined the ordeal.
Probably because both of us do these many references to music, kek.

and then Metal Sonic appears

>No "First" link, chapters/break points, etc.
This makes your comic hard to read.

>First few dozen pages is characters telling instead of the comic showing.
Not as bad as the previous point. Still makes reading this harder.

yeah tapastic sucks balls
but if you follow the first link he gave, the tumblr one. that does have a 'first'
>First few dozen pages is characters telling instead of the comic showing.
wait, did you find the first pages despite not having a 'first' link? Because there ARE long stretches of what you describe (the dinner scene comes to mind) , but it's not the first few pages. The second page is literally "what does it look like I'm doing?"
I actually could have done with a lot more telling at the beginning, since it was hard to figure out what was going on

You need to study up on anatomy and work on facial expressions more, which I'm sure you already know. What you got has visual appeal and potential though.

The flow of your panels/event sequence is solid, and you have a great eye for transitions. Keep working on that and it'll easily outshine the shortcomings of your art until you bring it up to snuff. Also, is that some wannabe-golden ratio in the13th panel of the second strip?

Dialogue seems generic but not badly done. Don't really have enough body of work to comment on it further than that.

Forgot to add, great use of varying perspectives. I'm not usually into webcomics with a serious tone, but your art is visually interesting/dynamic enough that I'd bookmark it to read after getting drunk/smoking a bowl.

I went via Tumblr. Maybe it's because I'm on mobile or I just missed it, but I had to scroll all the way back down to the start.

>The second page is literally "what does it look like I'm doing?"
Yeah, this. Look at it.

If I go by what I'm seeing, it looks like he's admiring a ship. If I go by the previous page he's...doing maintenance? I only know he's building because the characters said so. That's what I mean. I assume it gets better about this later.

>I actually could have done with a lot more telling at the beginning, since it was hard to figure out what was going on
No, I don't mean that it tells you too much, I mean too much of the content is told through dialogue. It starts in medias res, so we don't see the ship get attacked. We don't see the corpses they talked about, we don't see the bickering they tell us has been happening, we don't see his supposed struggle to keep life support up, we don't see any indication of how the planet is freezing cold, and we don't even get to actually see the Ominous blow up. EVERYTHING at the start is told to the audience instead of happening.

Again, I assume it gets better about this later, I'm up to the tourist restaurant and things are becoming a bit more natural, exposition dump aside.

Ah, you're looking at my first few pages. Back when I barely knew what I was doing and every line was a struggle. It's all quite embarrassing.

That said, there isn't a whole lot I would have changed. It's not about the battle or the corpses. It's about them arguing and hating each others presence.

Buddy, I don't care about the corpses either. All I was saying is that every aspect of these early events is told. The characters have to tell me they're cold/shivering. That's off-putting, but I'm sure it gets better.

>Start comic
>Take 6 months for me to get to the 3'rd page
>Realize how much I hate drawing digitally
>I'm actually much better when drawing traditionally
>Want to continue the comic in a traditional format
>Have to wait till I can afford the minimum tools
>Realize I'm just using excuses to fuel my laziness
>Will most likely never get the 4'th page out, no matter what tools I use
>I will just be the guy that shitposts on Twitter, constantly saying "I'll get it out tomorrow/next week you guys. Trust me I mean it this time"
I just wanted to make stories and occasionally draw a cute girl once in awhile. 8 years in too deep now

Is getting the tools to draw traditionally really that hard? Just find a pencil and pen and go.

To draw my comic traditionally
I at least gotta have a scanner if I want it to not look like shit when putting it up

It's the most expensive part of things for sure when you're starting, but it shouldn't be something to stress over too much - I use a cheap HP thing and it works fine. Even if you're working on A3-sized paper, you can scan the thing in parts with a typical smaller scanner and edit them together. It's a bit of a hassle, but only adds five or ten minutes to the process.

or if your library has scanners

poomp

You da bomb brah

Office Depot has scanners. I think it's like 20 cents to scan something there iirc.

Finally got the lineart for this page finished. There are parts I'd like to redraw, but I've already redone this page's sketch like four times and I want to get this finished by Friday.

that poor rat has been through a lot at this point.

>I at least gotta have a scanner

Dude are you living in 3rd world?

>I'm sure it gets better.
The comic is the same throughout. There is a ship fight and one really, really, really long action scene, but the comic is pretty consistent otherwise. If you aren't liking it from the start, just drop it.

Please just die, coldfusion.

New update done! And this is a pivotal point for me, since its the first time I remember I have two ways to continue and can't pick one. Let's see if you want to put your input here.
First option is Johnny tries to stop her roughly, which she fends off, stating she's not her brother, and even if she can't take him on, she'll make sure it'll be ugly for everyone. Johnny just lets get go.
Second option is Johnny stays and receives a message from her telling him that if she needs him again she'll call him. Optional follow up is he says he doesn't want to talk to her anymore, to which she replies she'll contact him regardless, and he implodes with anger.

Know that this is her final apparition. Her story won't develop any further and she already fulfilled her role for me, so it's a goodbye in more than one way.
Which options sounds better to close this?

Dude, I switched over from digital to traditional and it really does help. Drawing digitally is a goddamn nightmare, pencils at least give it a chance to look good.

How is drawing digitally a nightmare? I manage just fine.

>Implying you don't have a chance with digital.
They're completely different skills. Choosing one over another doesn't directly help you, it's a matter of preference.

Rude.
Even ruder.

Yeah it needs more magic chinese girls. And card games but it real life.

>"It's consistent, user. If you aren't liking it, the latter pages aren't going to change your mind."
>Wow, rude? What do you think this is, a Japanese anime?

...I'm not sure it's even possible to say anything about a comic without offending people anymore.

trying to do a comic a day, I just woke up
thought of something while I took a piss

not my best work

This is a great way to loosen your muscles and get into the groove. Unless you wanna go full avant-garde, I'd suggest experimenting with panelling in a week or two.

Figuring out how much space each drawing needs and where you want overlap, how you arrange borders, if you even want borders on some panels, playing with background and foreground elements... it's a ton of fun, but most people overlook it.

>not my best work

How can you tell?

I'm all for telling artists when they've fucked up, but being passive aggressive about admitted inspirational scribbles is a bit much.

pls draw fanart of my charactorz

That's a tough call. If he tries to stop her, some people might interpret that as... kind of rapey? If he just lets her go without doing or saying anything clever, he might seem like a push-over. Though I guess in real life most people would be a bit dumbfounded by what she just said.

It depends on what kind of impression you want your readers to have of your protagonist, or what kind of feelings you want to have them when they read this.
If you mainly want them to feel sorry for him, the second option might be better. I like the idea with the message, it sounds a lot like something she would do based on what I've seen of her.
If the situation is meant to be more ambigious/you want to show that they're both assholes, then having him try to stop her works better.

Revealed a bit of Lizzipon's past in today's comic. Despite looking very young, Liz is a 30-year-old war veteran.

>child-like 30 year old

That sounds like a reference to something...

I love how clueless Johnny is. He's gotten a LOT more confidence lately, but I can't see him roughly stopping a girl.
The second option seems more in-character, but doesn't that sort of conflict with what's happened here?
I'm expecting something humorous here that shows how embarrassingly he has lost. I figured he'd just be sitting there confused, tell Leslie about it or something, and she'd just be like "oh you clueless guy, take a hint" and then he sees her walking by with her brother or something

The important thing is to separate people into good and bad, and explain things calmly to the good people who have managed to accidentally get offended anyway, because they've confused you for one of the bad ones. In this case it's simple: that wasn't rude or an insult, it was basically saying "if you're intolerant of lots of dialogue, this isn't the comic for you. quit it now rather than hanging around bitching about it. the rest of us will keep reading it and enjoying it"
The key there is that they gave an accurate rundown of how the comic goes.. meaning they've read it all. So obviously they like it. Which makes what they said okay.

Agreed, that is the next logical step for this.
i cry every time.

>PURE FIBER
I knew if I kept reading this it would eventually make me chuckle. Well done man. Keep going.

>separate people into good and bad
>they've read it all. So obviously they like it. Which makes what they said okay.
These threads have gotten so bad I can't tell if you're taking the piss or not.

I separate people into reasonable adults and trash. A little more practical, a little less moralistic.

I was just trying to simplify the terminology for someone who is evidently seeing enemies everywhere. The damage to subtlety has already been done.

Dude, Jasper Gold artist guy, you got your own .com! When were you planning on telling us? I had your tumblr bookmarked all this time.

Yeah, I still can't tell if this is bullshit or not. Either we've got too many loquacious nutcases in here or we're shitpost city.

It's both, that's the problem.
There are people seeing enemies everywhere, but they're correct about the NUMBER of enemies. However, it's imperative they never misidentify one, because that's tearing down what little goodwill we have left.

If I give you another (You), will you cut the bullshit?

It's not about "enemies", you autist. I'm just floored that someone actually thinks that reading a comic means you like it, or that liking a comic makes anything you say about it okay.

It's not so much "enemies."

user. Half the people in this thread are barely literate. And of them, it's a split between being literally retarded, and because they haven't covered reading in school yet.

There's this brony like concept of "love and tolerate." Like every special snowflake that shows put in these threads has something important to say and contribute, and that they should be listened to and respected.

Most of you I wouldn't piss on if you were on fire. Tell me I'm wrong.

Okay, we're just shitposting, got it.

Thanks for proving my point.

>Ignores the point
>Brings up bronies randomly
>Ow the Edge

4/10, I grace you with a final (You).

Next episode Sarah and Angel go out on a date.

So do you regularly read dozens of pages of comics you don't like?
>makes anything you say about it okay
it means you should certainly give them the benefit of the doubt that they aren't bashing it when they give their honest description of it, in an attempt to keep the peace.

>that guy who reads every page of your comic out of spite just so he can nit pick every detail

What a turbo autist.

I regularly read comics. Whether I like them or not is something I can't decide until I read them. Sometimes I finish them, sometimes I don't.

I can't even dislike things now and just choose not to shit on them? You people are just starting drama for shits and giggles at this point.

wew lad

>that guy who says he just read your whole comic and he hated it
>check page views
>he read two pages

>check page views
>zero page views for the last week eventhough you updated every single day

youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI

Makes you wonder if this is what the drama is all about. Those who get page views and those who don't.

>So do you regularly read dozens of pages of comics you don't like?
bartleby.com/123/62.html

Now hold on a second user, are you saying webcomic artists get jealous of one another? Are you trying to tell me that webcomic artists aren't the most mentally stable people on the planet?

It's about comic artists, mainly Dani, and their lives
Because I'm a fucking weeb and those are my favorite manga types

ahh like Animation Runner Kuromi, only with the rampant sex that I think we all wished Kuromi was having. Good show!

Thanks guy, In a week or so I'll start. I appreciate the direction.
My english isn't good.. is this a jab at me? I think so.. but fuck it, it's just I didn't laugh at it as much as I laugh at my other shit.
See above, just gave a half assed smirk.
I'm in class, but I'll do it:

also I am reaaaaaaaaaaaal bad at coloring and writing stories, and panelling which I'll give a shot,
if someone wants to work on a quick strip, let me know.

Draw porn of the mom.

>>My english isn't good.. is this a jab at me?
No, they're telling the person who was talking shit at you to cut it out.

In simpler English "Criticism is good, but you're being too harsh."

dripping with style. i'm almost scared to imagine what kind of fanart i would get

Post it, I'm in class. Someone in back of class took a pic of me not listening hehehe

ah I couldn't tell.. Thanks to that person then. I mean, yeah, criticism is good. I didn't sense the harshness.

i.. i'm not ready. maybe someday.

Fuck you, give me something to do already, god daaaaaaaamn...

I kinda wanna see you draw the Res Nullius cast, but it would be weird for me to anonymously ask you to draw fanart of someone else's comic.

I rather connect with you guys. Unless that's the wc of someone here.

I worked on this just now 'cause you didn't give me anything to work with...

Back of the class saw me work on it, messaged me asking what the fuck is wrong with me.

I don't think it's impossible to pick up the skill, but as someone who's practiced both for years I've found detailwork, line control, and general visual appeal to be far harder to pick up digitally. Trying to draw my comic digitally was just frustrating and it was much harder to motivate myself to work on it. My tablets have all had on-and-off problems with pressure sensitivity and recently my drawing programs have been crashing on me, which compound the other issues.

That said, I still color and edit my traditional lineart digitally.

yeah that's one of our regulars.
It's weird to me that people in the back of your class are paying so much attention to you.
I find it weird that you're ESL and you've picked up on the nuances of the ghetto dialect so fantastically.
Have you ever done animation? Some of this shit seems to be just begging to be animated.

I got it down? Shit, thanks man.

I never ever did animation but I'd looove to get into it.
I applied for it in college, long story short.
I had a good portfolio, I got accepted to come for an interview, college was a little too last minute and I was also disorganized,
and I missed the interview which was on April 1st. I went on April 2nd, they said it was yesterday.

Thought it was a joke.

Wasn't.

Been working on this new comic for a while, with an artist from Chile. I'm pretty happy with it so far. He's a really good artist.

woot, octopus friend

You know it

Shit. Thats actually pretty good

Thank you!

Little practice. I'll get with replies later.

What's her stand's name?

what even is a stand? i keep hearing jojo people talk about this and i don't get it. literally what is it? like kamehameha is a beam, wildfire is an armor, amidamaru is a ghost, what the shit is a stand and why does everyone think everything is one

read jojo and find out

Whatever happened to this guy?

still in class
we were supposed to end at 9:30

/hyw/ is not your personal blog.

Best free software for adding borders and all that?

not ringing any bells.
life is just rough for you man

Pic from a side project in doing.

Place holder name is 'strongest female protagonists.

It follows different girls who are all silent protagonists.

This is agatha, she kinda looks like a mix of jotaro and jasper.

If you can run Krita 3 smoothly, you can add the borders with the guides and rules, putting your brush in assisted mode (or whatever the name is in english)

In other news, I finished sketching the face of one of my characters. I had to put in on hold because some other issues, but here it is: Mr Christmas Ghost. The whole costume is not much different of, say, Casshern or Ultraman. I love that kind of costume.

Next is one of the ladies, and after that I guess I'll try to design my NotClintBartonatAll, with extra purple, if possible. And all this while I am still writing the whole mess of a story. I'm hopeless, hopeless, hopeless.

Does bones still haunt these halls? I've been out of the loop a while now.

why would you bring that up

Yeah, he doesn't post his eyesores, thank god, bu he's still around causing shit with artists.

How to deal with the crippling feeling that you'll never be good enough?

Getting good enough.
It's not a race with a goal line, for the most part you'll be changing ask the time and there will be always something to learn, so even if you're good enough, you'll never stop, unless you want to.

had a sudden surge of drive to work again. Got some work done on an idea ive had for the last few days. I got a cover, and a page finished. Lets hope this one isnt shit like the last one.

Page 1.

Is there a blue bird trying desperately to lift her up?

Does she wake up inside a cocoon?

either accept it or console yourself in knowing youll never know if you're good enough or not. there's no pressure after all

always nice to see more stuff from you, strawbs. let me know when you get a surge of drive to work on your art, I've got some feedback on your anatomy

This is a reference to something.

Ill take some feedback.

I want to start a web comic, lightly inspired by Regular Show and Amazing World of Gumball. I have a title: "Welcome to Rainland." It'll pretty much be a slice of life comic with some short arcs every once in a while. Nothing too special, but nothing too mundane, hopefully. Only problem is, I have no idea where to start, could you guys give me some tips and advice, help me out?

Also, these are not the main characters, just a couple of side characters and an example of my art style.

well there's minor stuff like the way her legs are constructed as she's falling, that's just something you'll have to study, but right now the bit that stands out to me most is the head in profile here. the other shots on page 1 are okay-proportioned, but here you basically drew the face and the hair at different scales. The hair's complete with bangs and all, but hen the face is shrunk down so the bangs won't be in her eyes. but that's just how that style would be, so you've gotta just allow it. see?

cute, are they platypodes? i was thinking kappa at first then I saw the little waffle-grid tails.

if it's slice of life, don't worry about starting. There's no bad start for a slice of life, there's no 'pull', no genesis, just give people a taste of what it'll be like
that's why Regular Show's first episode was just about them getting rid of an old chair, and they saved the 'how they got to become groundskeepers at the park' episode for later.
also sometimes, production actually begins on a middle-episode first, that way by the time they get to the origin episode (even if they intend to air it first) , they're more in-tune with the characters, and can do it more justice. Fraggle Rock did that.

What if the humans in her world just have big foreheads?

well then is the page with the mistakes

These drawings are great, really great. I don't think I can stress enough how nice these are without being abnoxious.

The writing though... The first strip is fine, not much of a joke there, but it's endearing. The second one not so much. It's kinda hard to understand she is not dreaming still in the third panel, because when she is dreaming she is dreaming about a nightmarish tentacle monster, but in the real world she is looking at a nightmarish tentacle monster. Is that the joke that I didn't get? She is supposed to wake up in the safety of her room, instead the real world is just as nightmarish?
After reading the first comic I am just left wondering "did this tentacle monster saved his girl friend from being raped by a hobo just to rape her himself instead?".
My impression, before I understood she wakes up in the third panel was that this was a flashback and we were starting to see the story about how she met this tentacle monster in another dimension. It still really baffles me how this is supposed to be a lighthearted joke where he, her friend, is trying to rape her in her sleep and she is a little annoyed by it.

That's good and a lot of pressure taken off that subject.

But I wonder if I should start a Tumblr for it, since I don't have the money to keep up a website. Then there's the issue of getting the pages/panels on my computer since I only have good ol' pencil and paper and my phone. I've tried to get a drawing pad hooked up to my laptop before but the dann thing just wouldn't detect it and I don't have a working scanner.

And here's the main character, his name is Seth and he's a species of troll. (Sorry if this picture is sideways too, my phone can be stupid sometimes.)

Finally finished my first page. I wish there was a way to preserve the look of my pencils with inks.

Put it on smackjeeves. You can have a pretty decent-looking comic site on there for free.

Might just be me, but it seems kind of shady...but thanks for the suggestion anyways.

He means SJ offers you more customization for your page than most free webcomic hostings out there. But the main demographic for that site is sprite comics and Yaoi

Where do I upload if I'm doing a fuckhuge story?

I think, going by the filenames, the hobo one comes after

>her friend, is trying to rape her in her sleep
Or just snuggle her.. Cmon man. Don't stereotype

Oh...yeah, I guess I'll just make a Tumblr for it. I'll try and get a scanner and then maybe I can trace over it in ms paint or something and do the rest of editing in an online photo shop site.

But glad to see it seems interesting to someone other than my friends!

I would suggest checking out a scanner at your local library for now, you can move to digital later. We'll find a way to force your laptop to recognize that .. drawing pad? what exactly is it? in any case, if you download drivers you can get it to pick it up. There's some troubleshooting we can go through
technically there is, you can darken them digitally. But what is it about your pencils you want to keep exactly? surely not the sketchiness or the lightness
please don't make a tumblr. they are just godawful. the only thing worse than a comic on tumblr (without some HEAVY code editing) is a comic on tapastic.
Just get a free site on smackjeeves, comicgenesis, comicfury, drunkduck, any of these guys. There's nothing shady about any of them, they basically host anyone. You don't make ad money but you don't pay either.

Currently drawing the most chill depiction of the devil ever.

Finally time to sit for a minute and start with the replies.
I'm gonna go with the music theme Araki likes so much (so do I) and I'll name the Stand Diablo Swing, after one of my favourite bands.

God, I missed this in last thread. Why is that robot so waifuable?

Tapastic lets you host this? I thought they were more strict with this stuff.

So are you, sailor.

Well, Johnny's been an ass for the most part since the story started. A good intentioned ass, but an ass indeed. I thought of the scene of stopping her because I think among his many flaws, pride was one, and he certainly got than one shattered, but I thought the same as you, that people may take this badly, specially considering he's the MC. I already have followers commenting "poor guy" and "She's such a hoe" or something like that, when in my head, i thought everyone would think he deserved every bit of it. I dunno. I think I'll go the passive route.

The upcoming stuff is him telling both Leslie and Selena and they struggling to not tell him anything, before he gets a call from her third and final lover, the teacher, where, as expected, everything will go south there as well.

It involves pegging

Thanks to both comments, I made up my mind about how to continue. Thanks a bunch, I'm really grateful for your help

Looks good, but I'd make the shoe muck just a wee bit more noticeable. Still small, but with an outline and highlight, something to make it stand out.

Ever since I saw your /aco/ drawings I can't look at your comic anymore. Sorry.

>I can't deal with comic artists drawing porn.
What are you, 12?

>Why is that robot so waifuable?
I don't want to sound biased, as the creator of said robot. But, if I had to say, I'd say it's the big blue eyes and the artificial pure heart.

It's not the fact that it's porn, it's his fetish.

So then you're twelve...

Seriously, kill yourself. I'm sure you've got no business whining like tumblr about other people's fetishes.

>taptastic lets you host this stuff?

As long as it's human, of age, and behind the nsfw labels, I think they're fine with it.

I'm still looking for a place for my cub porn comic...

Thanks, I'll do that!

Honestly, I'm just sick of looking at it, I'm ready to move on. Hopefully I'll be more motivated when I get to the next pages.

confirmed for not having seen dustin's fetish art

If it's on /aco/, it's tame. Grow up.

New page.
I somehow become slower with every new comic.

or an arrow. or a comical magnifying glass.

now i just want some Nerds or some Screaming Yellow Zonkers

Again, are you a kid?
They could draw shitting dick nipples, but as long as it doesn't take away from their work who cares?

I'd really like to not make it a big deal.

In my defense, a lot of those were drawn awhile back and a lot of them were for friends, haha.

You've done nothing wrong that needs defending.

I didn't take this advice.

Having gone through it all...I actually think some of the earlier pages are better. Especially this one. Best page of the comic, bar none.

If you're still hanging around, dude, the kind of staging seen in this second panel and the looser, more emotive body language in the third and fourth is something I'd like to see you work towards.

Man, don't act like people can't have opinions on things. It's the same as people that stop liking stuff because they find out the creator doesn't support the right politician.

It's not about it being morally right or wrong to do stuff, it's about the feelings it gives you when you view the content. It might be silly but it's valid.

At best it's attention seeking of them to SAY it instead of just going on with their day.

yeah but if they keep their politics out of their actual work, then it's your fault for intentionally seeking out shit you know will make you mad. it's not like dustin works weird fetish shit into Urchin. I think if you associate it that hard it's your own fault

Its not really going well, I fell off the wagon. Sometimes its tough to find the time and have enough energy. Some days I just didn't have time in front of my computer. I came to resent a little how helpless I am because of my limited skills, and how uninteresting my ideas were.

I'm pretty sure a lot of artists feel that way about their skills, and quite often. There's not much for it but to keep working and keep practicing in spite of it, it's the only anyone ever gets better at this stuff. Not that I've been doing very well at that lately.

I still think your art looks pretty good, though it's tough to judge Rococo's story only 22 pages into the reboot.

>Stylized, simple sword.
>Extremely detailed nipple
>Oval head with face that falls flat on the oval.

I think part of your frustration stems from your style lacking consistency.

you, I feel like.. should be partnered with someone else

Holy shit, love that lighting in that top panel.

And yeah, don't worry about it, that's a common feeling.

Is it okay for the logical details of your story to be nonsensical?

I thought 8gigs would be good enough for my new PC. But every time I go into photoshop with to work on my comic, I get a high memory usage warning.

It really depends, man. If you're clever and present things well, the audience might not even notice. If the presentation acts like it all makes sense, then they won't realize it until they're thinking about it later. 'fridge logic' tvtropes calls that. Some of the best things feature that, and nobody complains.
If it's constantly distracting the audience though, that's no good. Maybe we can help?
photoshop is a massive shitty memory hog. But there are minor fixes that kind of sometimes work. It's one of the reasons clipstudio is better.

if you're using CC that's probably why, 8GB is the minimum for all adobe CC products. 12 to 16GB is the new standard

Right now it's taking up 3.5 Gigabytes.

It's not that big of a deal I guess. Upgrading to 16 gigs shouldn't cost too much.

Yeah I have to censor it for tapastic
there are a lot of NSFW comics on there

Whoa, this is nostalgic. I used to follow Pyromaniac's work back in 2005. Funny to see he's still drawing the same characters.

It's a very common feeling. I've been kinda depressed about my work the past week so I understand very well how you feel. But I think that it's most important to keep doing what you love doing. I hope you're doing well.

Those super hard leather piercing nipples, that camel toe... It makes your drawing look like cheap cartoon porn.

He's not wrong: it distracts from the rest of the page because it's a level of detail that doesn't mesh with the rest of the art. Like, we can see her pussy but her nose is shading and two slits? It looks weird.

WIP of the next page!

woo, determination

I keep re drawing pages after i finish them, it gets really annoying

well fuck forgot to fix the text

>JAM POUNCE!

Since Wukong is busy with other things, Liz and Remy help the GPD on the case of the mysterious meteors!

bump

Finished a new page!
How's it lookin' so far?

fuckin top notch expressions, man. I'm buying all that emotion they're selling. though why Glen is that scared of a little demon up in a window, I dunno. also the window changes shape between the two panels. Gettin' flashbacks to when I helped you with that inconsistent star spoke thing you drew, ha

I've made it to page 61 since the last time I posted here. If anyone wants to check it out.
tapastic.com/series/DEMOPLAY

Fellow Cred Forumsmrades, I need your help

Pic unrelated

imgur.com/a/01kGK

strawpoll.me/11288311/r

You've got six panels crammed into the last third of the page. Either give your thoughts more room to breathe or rethink your panel layouts.

This is right up my alley, guy. gonna check it out.
it's not letting me vote, so just add one for green.

You could see it that way, or you could see it as one row for reaction and one row for reaction to that reaction. It's also a pretty big page, I dunno. I like it.

Well, I will submit that its not overtly detailed, relatively speaking, but unnecessary detail.
Hey man, my commission rate is cheap, and I do draw cartoon porn. I just don't have time for commissions nowadays.

I am over the nipple and camel toe thing, I left those in to amuse myself. After staring at this particular page for months I felt exhausted just opening it up. I did end up drawing porn of her anyway.

Big panel like this can stand to be given more details in general I suppose.

Thanks. I suppose there is no better practice than by doing. I have been struggle to get page out because I feel like nobody is reading it. I can't get over this sense of futility. The fact of the matter is, however, it hasn't form a coherent narrative yet, and before that happens, it probably will have difficult time for readers to attache themselves. I have been playing around with more simplified visuals like just black and white and spotting black, so I can get more page out faster, but I have been too stubborn to let the color go.

Thanks man. How do people deal with that feel, I wonder.

Yeah? What sort of arrangement would be good do you think? ...oh, I think you are referring to the problem of my ideas being boring.

Thanks, I am doing better now. Although if I truly do what I love to do deep deep down inside, this would have turned into a harem comedy. I think I might have broke since I first set out to do this story.

You could also see it as extremely cramped. The entire page is gasping for breath; only two panels even have room for background.

It looks less like a design decision and more like the artist was struggling to fit all their dialogue in one page.

>It looks less like a design decision and more like the artist was struggling to fit all their dialogue in one page.

Hm... yeah that's basically it.
I'm aiming to have it be a weekly comic so I feel like I gotta put as much information as I can in one page in order to keep the reader's interest.

Thanks

Man, staring at it for months? How long have you been working on that page? I've gotten stuck on a single page for a couple weeks or so myself, but after a certain point I end up feeling that I either have to restart or just give up and finish the thing.

For what it's worth the colors do look really nice - the grey tones from earlier pages were fine too, but they don't quite have the same impact. Faster updates would probably help if you're looking to build a visible readership, but I have no idea where the best quality to time spent ratio would fall unless there's an option that lets you maintain a consistent update schedule or something.

boring is a strong word. It's just your art sets a really high standard and so far I haven't really been sucked into any of your stories. I can't even think of one offhand.. I know there's a girl with stiff, loose, short clothing and a hair bow.. that's it.
So if YOU say you're struggling to have ideas too, that makes me think "this guy needs to partner with a writer"

I was right!
This comic does a good job of portraying people playing an immersive video game. I'm sure you're already aware of the areas where your art needs a little shoring up, and you're already working on those. In the meantime, I dig the style. and I'm interested in seeing where this game development story goes.. A nerdy guy who wants to invent good AI so he can talk to it instead of real people.. a hot girl that has trouble relating to people because she's so tough..
Your english is also really good, you only make a few errors once in a while with verbs, or with saying chose instead of choose.
Pixelatl is the best fucking pun ever

That Wukong guy looks neat. Also what's a googolplex?

Maybe you should start by trying to give your comics more visual content. Figure out how to actually get the most out of each panel instead of using them as glorified dialogue boxes.

That way you can be less cramped while still giving your audience plenty of content.

10^1,000,000

A googolplex is 10^googol

A googol is 10^100.

It's not 10^1,000,000

gah, right, yes. i knew that. somehow my hands didn't when I typed it.

goddamn am i posting slowly

i been starting college and doing commissions so i guess i have sort of an excuse.

bug-quest.tumblr.com/post/150842481845/its-been-a-very-very-long-time

when will bones come back
i need someone to make fun of so to make myself feel better so i'm not the shittiest artist in this thread

Is anatomy important when you are trying to imitate Preston Blair's style for a comic?

Yep. Not as much as if you were drawing a realistic comic, but still very important. A basis in real anatomy makes the exaggerations and sterilizations you draw more apparent and natural looking.

Alternatively, for a negative example, look at West Tree Academy of Heroes and see what cartoons look like with very poor basis in anatomy.

or just, y'know, tv
wouldn't throw stones, dude. looks to me like you only just recently got good.

I'm looking this guy up, and I'm gonna say yes. His cartoons seem to be based on real anatomy.
Which isn't to say that everyone's is. If you want to draw characters whose torsos are cylinders, you study cylinders. Studying ribcage and pelvis shapes wouldn't help for squat in that scenario. But there's still a right and a wrong way to draw cylinders (See butch hartman for the wrong way.)

i just got to the crackwhore gapes beckoningly page and i think this is my favorite comic from the thread

I will never not be proud of the contributions i've made to that comic by way of suggestions

I don't post a lot of WIPs but i feel like it this time
date at the top is pretty damn likely to change.

been working on this one for the last few hours. enjoy.

Finally finished coloring this.

True. It's mean of me to be picking on such an easy target, but I do honestly think it's a really good example.

Your coloring here honestly looks a lot better than Rotten Strawberry's. I would maybe desaturate the green on that dude's sweater, as it's a much deeper than the rest of the palette and sticks out wierdly.

and I certainly see where you're coming from, but honestly I think if anything he focuses TOO hard on anatomy. There's a lot of muscle and bone showing in what should really be characters that look like they're made of tubes and tape and balls and cans, not amateurly drawn muscle and sinew. Still, at least the proportions are getting under control.
If I had to pick one indy cartoon artist I think Dewd would benefit from studying under, it'd be Baman Piderman's team. There's a real art to how their characters flop and flow amorphously across the screen. A real understanding of weight, and a gleeful chucking-in-the-bin of principles of anatomy.

i think, uh.. i think that is rotten strawberry
huh, a dullahan?
here's a tip, my good strawb. See how the face moved, but the hair didn't?

A story about an Iron Man Homage character, Forge.
>tfw only difference is he's blonde

ultimateforge.tumblr.com

Some pages for lulz

more like the Punished Forge

This comes after this

Some more shit

Finito for now, don't know if I'lll continue, was a bit of an experiment!

giving him the name of another marvel character is ballsy. somehow I respect that

Oh god, I laughed out loud. The helmet is so cool-looking, and then the body looks like a spray-painted cardboard thing made by a kid. It's so boxy and the arms and torso just seem to be made of long rigid pieces with no way of moving. After all that build-up, I was expecting something that didn't look like R2 and 3PO's lovechild.
This is really fantastic art, I think it deserves a good design, if you're serious.

I meant the comic Rotten Strawberries, not the artist. I thought this page was from a different comic by the artist who did rotten Strawberries?

Yeah, i agree Dewd's style doesn't really require high anatomical knowledge, I still think it could be improved if he made the effort to improve his human anatomy. I think the issue is that he adds all sorts of anatomical details without knowing how they're actually supposed to look or work in real life. He's just taking it all from imagination, rather than taking from any real life reference, making all his figures look wonky and his gestures stilted.
I do think that a lively, low anatomy style like Baman Piederman's would be great for Dewd to study, but I still think he has to study real gestures and anatomy if he wants to reach that level.

more like forgery amirite

am I done?

woohooligan.com/

Lot of diversity with the character designs. I like that, keep up the good work.

I grew up reading Manga, when I started this project I wanted to make a Manga. Now that I am roughly half the Weeb I was before, I want to make something more of a hybrid, with the art of the more western style but the storytelling more of eastern style. I want character arcs more than I want the girls to have giant tits.

The Story is Girl meets Boy, Girl accidentally uses powers to swap memories with Boy, Boy happens to be Illuminati, Girl is Captured by Illuminati. My problem, that I hope someone here can help me with, is that the Girl Meets Boy section was a trope-filled anime school setting which I no longer feel is justified in the story. My options are to make it justified, which i feel will hurt the story long term, or find a new way to make them meet.

Now that I am situated in my new Job, and freshly single, the art should be coming soonish (i'm sorry but the art isn't in my top priorities right now) and will most likely be some concept stuff since I'm so out of practice.

it gets a little bit less shit later on but as a warning, the next like 200 pages are entirely just faffing around

Now on to the actual pages. I don't know how I used to manage 2 pages a week back in high school. Work just drains me and all I want to do when I get home is play some video games till I pass out.

Trying to do a page a week has been good for my work ethic at least. I may not hit my deadlines but I've been drawing more lately than I have been in the past few years.

The building in panel 1 is a similar tone to the rat-monster's head, so they blend together and disappear. The rat's head would stand out more if the building was a little lighter, like the pinkish crates in panel 3.

Strive to build yourself up, rather than knocking the other guy down.

There's the pot calling the kettle black.

i like the last panel where his hair and face are being blown upward, but you should draw the hairline and then draw the hair going up from that, instead you just have less-hair-going-down

I have a question about comic book characters in general. Are there a lot of characters that smoke? If not, is it because this is seen as immoral or influential on young people? I was thinking of making a character that smokes but I don't want to open a can of worms.

having trouble telling if i should love or hate this. leaning towards hate.
in the future it's not the best idea to just randomly drop a link without any context. comes off kinda like you're only here to promote, not participate, y'dig?

Characters smoke because it looks cool.
anyone who thinks pictures need morality ... needs morality.
If it was that easy to be influential on young people, all fiction would need to be banned. Because by definition, any depiction of something that didn't happen is dangerous if it was imitated.
The only can you just opened is a can of embarrassing yourself, but it's still better you asked than kept it to yourself. Embarrassing yourself wipes off easily enough, let's hit the showers.

nevermind, it's hate. Hooo boy is it ever.

I wasn't passing judgement if that's what you think. But thanks for the reply I think I'll do it then!

Looks very slick, my man.

Including a smoker character probably won't offend anyone unless you're making a comic for really little kids, like 10 and under. Anyone older should have the sense that reality=/=fiction.

You were pre-emptively passing judgment on yourself, man. At least that's what it sounded like
Like are they not letting kids watch looney tunes anymore?

When I was in college, I had a professor that would hard-line never draw characters in his books smoking. He knew kids read them, and didn't want to influence them.

A few of my protagonists smoke, though they don't make it a big thing or do it very openly. It is sort of a private stress relief, something they know is followed by a lecture in the more open world, and as such a thing would only cause the need to smoke to continue it becomes a secretive habit you only share with others who do so.

It isn't immoral, any more than say showing guns, or having things die. Anyone who is influenced by the text rather than the subtext of a work is already going to do something stupid, so you can't worry about them---it's like all those people who claim they emulated Dexter Morgan; you can't blame the author for crazy people.

I'd say the important thing is never to glorify the act, merely present it for what it is. Same with alcoholism or any drug use. Or murder. Unless that's the point of your work, to toss it in a positive light. Which isn't to say you shouldn't show the benefits, or you can't present it as an amazing thing only for it to cause complications later; but glorifying that sort of stuff is what opens a can of worms with readers because it allows them to assume your authorial intent rather than the usual case of them taking away what they want from a scenario as guided by you the creator.

I doubt anyone will make a huge deal out of it, unless your comic is directly targeted at children--and even then if you present it in a very negative light you might still be fine.

Would that we could have extended the scene, but we're busy with work and other projects. Though at the same time, telegraphing/showing Craig get into his seat in a cramped back of a van would've muddled things up visually too.

Anyone got some very word light comics they'd like to share or recommend? Usually I write but I'd like to get better both at drawing and 'show rather than tell,' so I'm thinking of doing a webcomic without very much talking, though I'd like to see some good examples.

I miss your update blurbs, but I understand being busy.

I'll have to rethink some things then. Because my target audience right now is around 18 to adult.

>Don't glorify it
Thank you! That's a really good answer!

>18 to adult.

That's right it's a mature comic for mature readers only! Better luck next time nerd

Yeah I am retarded. Point and laugh.

i would have been content with a funny eyebrow-raised reaction image if you hadn't pushed it.
wanna just delete the posts after that?

Nah it's fine. This is the first or last time that I will look stupid on an image board.

I have a question for the writers out there.

I'm working on a comic called Baker's Dozen.

It's about a group of thirteen superheroes that have been assembled into a team called the Pantheon by the mysterious Harold Baker, their billionaire financier.

The thing is, that's fourteen characters over all, and I was thinking of merging Baker into one of the superheroes so that it'd be Baker and his dozen.

What do you think?

It works with 13 superheroes. Baker's Dozen where he's in charge of 13 superheroes implies that they are HIS baker's dozen. I think it works.

Yeah, that was the original intention.

Baker will be like their Charlie, divvying up the team members to handle threats and then acting as their communal Alfred.

Do you think that in this day and age it might be better to adapt a comic page size after what is comfortable on a pc/smartphone monitor rather than traditional page sizes?

Also could I get a discord invitation

thanks, pal

Don't worry, it still works. When you talk about a Baker's dozen, it's not like the Baker is one of the bread rolls.

It's one more format to consider. Comics produced for smaller print sizes, such as newspaper strips or A5 zines, will be easier to adapt to web/smartphone reading than ones designed for larger formats, like bande desinee albums.

It's always better to work at a larger size, suitable for printing, then scale down for the web, than it is to work small and scale up. The main things to take into account will be font size and legibility, and you'll lose any intricate detailed linework if it's reduced too far.
I'd also imagine that pages that work with a regular grid (particularly with fixed rows) would also be easier to adapt to mobile viewing than ones with widely varying panel layouts.

pc? yes
stupidphone? no
and i'm not just being a grandpa, you have to pick one. one is landscape, the other is portrait.

You can rotate smartphones and tablets to be either portrait or landscape. PC monitors tend to be less easily adjustable in this regard, and vary widely in resolution.

A 7" inch tablet screen is about A6 in size, or just under 1/3rd of a standard US comic. I'd put that as the lower limit of being able to see the whole page comfortably. Users of devices smaller than that will have to zoom in, which is where having fixed rows would be handy, so they can read one row at a time in landscape mode.

Should maybe provide an example

This is standard published page size
imagecomics.com/uploads/releases/tokyoghost05_Preview_Page_01.jpg

But I quite like this when reading on my pc
de8ib6lw8p0gm.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/ksbd70.jpg

i like vertical comic strips because everyone has a scrolling mouse or scrolling screen, but nobody can scroll sideways..

Redid the last panel

I wasn't aware my english had mistakes, thanks for telling cause I wouldn't have noticed otherwise.
I got a page by page review of the comic by Fran Krause (it's already finished, 90 pages total) he told me to vary facial angles more, cause I default to the same 3/4 heads even when the camera angle would suggest otherwise. He also noticed some inconsistencies in character proportions (some pages where they were 12 headed and sometimes 6 headed) and what he called lollipop necks, where the head sticks out of the neck instead of connecting from the back.
I'm glad you're liking it, it's already getting colored if you'd like to check it out here:
webtoons.com/en/challenge/demoplay/list?title_no=40359

Heh, sorry. I haven't had much time to really hang out in the threads, or the discord chat. I have so much on my plate at the moment, but I still swing by and help out whenever I can anonymously.

But yes, I finally got a .com site with the help of a good friend and fellow cartoonist. Check out his sci-fi webcomic whenever you get a chance!
cosmicdash.com/

Good job, I was thinking that panel looked kind of stupid for some reason.

Finished this page!

How long is the story?

Thanks!

It's planned as an ongoing.

That's not what I asked.

If you're writing in a genre as oversaturated as superheroes, you need to have your writing in order. You need to figure out what you want to say, how you want to say it, and the pace at which things will progress.

I don't want to be harsh, but you're not going to go far on a gimmick name alone. There's plenty of superhero comics by commercial and hobby writers with far more clever premises that absolutely fail.

Fair enough.

I'll admit that I'm in the preliminary planning stages.

it's not shit at all, i'm hooked

Thanks glad you like the art! That's the 'first' proto armor, which evolves into Mark 2 and 3 later on.

Hahah, true. Which was not the intention :P

Yas

Poor form, user.

oh man all this time i thought cosmic dash was the name of that comic done by that guy with the really heavy blacks and kinda classic 80s comic style

let's put some butter on those bumps

HAD MY FIRST CASE OF "FAN ASKS WHERE THEY CAN DONATE TO ME"

IS THIS WHAT MAKING REAL WEBCOMICS FEELS LIKE

When ever I am about to start drawing I start asking myself "will this be any good?" "It will look like shit" "this is a bad place to start the story" etc.

Anyone else had similar problem?

try asking yourself that after you finish instead

Whats the deal on involving real world products?
Can I have my character drinking a Pepsi? or playing Halo? (Just examples)

yes

why drink Pepsi when you can drink Bepsi

fuck me in this ass this meme still makes me laugh

*bad form

no, because of copyright infringement, especially if you intend to make money off your comic in the future. even if you never intend to, it's a gray area and the risk of getting sued is never worth it.

however, if you parody a product (i.e. bepsi), that is protected under several laws.

the exception to this is if you're doing a joke a day type of comic that is more of a social commentary than a fictional story

Grampa's almost done with his story.

first of all, it's trademark
secondly, unless you're acting like an ad, no. you're fine. worst they can do is suggest you not use the logo

>no pregnant bellies in this page
dropped

but we do have prominent nosebridges and lemon-bulge chins

Posting this for the (you)s

here's your (you), tell me about how Blue Bird is about birds.

Bridget gets a bluebird companion. and spirits in the afterlife are different colored birds.

>Francesca Steiner was a monster created to be a ballet dancer, but she was never very good at it; Her creator sent her to the Deadlands, a place where magically imbued undead who become useless are forced to roam the wasteland until the dust storms sand their bones to the core. After two years of working at a tavern and stealing what she could for a living, an opportunity presented itself; A legend about a “Potion of Mortality” which would turn the drinker into a proper human again. With nothing to lose, Francesca starts out on her journey to rejoin human society and leave the Deadlands behind.

Music:

clyp.it/sef30cgp

clyp.it/knyqqbov

clyp.it/hbfb4cqu

Fantastic potential. Was Francesca ever a proper human to start? Her name and stitching suggest she was cobbled together out of several. Or would the potion just make her a human equivalent of herself as she is anyway? Also, looking forward to adding Bony Bandito to my husband charts. Are they friends or foes?

LOVE the music, especially Potion of Mortality.

>Are they friends or foes?

Both.

>would the potion just make her a human equivalent of herself as she is anyway?

Her case is complicated.

>LOVE the music, especially Potion of Mortality.

Thank you.

i love the idea of an immortal searching for a way to die. reminds me of chakan. or going further back, the guy with the sack that he caught demons in

Still really excited about working. Here's page 4.

Is a black android referring to their white creator as 'Master' a bad idea?

It was a coincidence it turned out like this.

Almost certainly going to draw anger. I'd recommend "dad/mom" instead.

does he have a master relationship with him?
fuck reactions

I was thinking that, but it gave me a weird DDLG vibe

Like does the android act like a slave to the maker? Not really. The android must do what they say because of code, but the maker doesn't make them do things they wouldn't want to.

How about "sir/madam". Just polite, nothing implying ownership or servitude inherently.

Question, is it possible to grasp looking at this strip that he gave a headbutt to the steering wheel?

Yeah, I see it, looks fine

Thanks a bunch! Here's another WIP

a few speed lines behind the head in the last panel would do wonders

Let's hit those showers!

progress

I don't remember anymore WHY i wanted this place to have cool slightly-hue-shifted lines all over it, but I did. and now it does.
also thanks to someone-in-one-of-these-threads for brainstorming a bunch of great unusual behind-you scenarios
shit man, douching iguanas? that would not be pleasant.

Can do, chief. Thanks.

Okay, here's the beginning of the side story I'll make for these two, I have to get to write the rest because I'll work on this VERY slowly, and I'd like some feedback before I do more.
In any case, this will be really dark, and Amy will be beyond redemption, but the more I think about it, the more I think it suits her, to be such a twisted minded person.

Second one. Some feedback will always be appreciated.

this is retarded

Back to the board, then, TY!

>want to bring my characters to life
>can't draw backgrounds/other comic shit
saddening

Just do a "talking heads" comic. Its all most webcomic artists are capable of anyway.

This is filled to the brim with potential!

It's very stunning and brave that a trans woman can get pregnant.

Hell, we have more than a few in this very thread.

Thanks, I'm going to try to get at least the beginning done for Halloween. I'm a slow worker though, so it probably won't be much.

Bamp

Why is she even wearing that "shirt" and those "pants"? I kinda don't see any point to them.

And I know the feeling.

Whoa waitaminute what is this where is more what

a dark version of dipper and mabel. i love it.
in retrospect my sister was always the alpha twin despite being over 2 years younger. She beat up kids that were mean to me, she had friendships and relationships, she got into trouble with parents and with the law, she had a kid, and she got married.. all before I ever got a date. so I can relate.

I'm going to need your email, we can't discuss this in a public forum.

Just drawin' annabeth

ready to start having pokemon battles carrying just two common water types around. because that makes sense

here is one of mine

Man this is great pretty badass comic right here

you know boi i have small cunt so please tell all you're nazi friends fagget

Please stop posting, coldfusion.

Alright. Got a character in class, bored and completely tuning out the teacher. Finally in the last panel the teacher calls out his name with a question.

Do I have a word balloon in every panel filled with Charlie Brown style chicken scratches except the last one, or is the first word balloon in the final panel OK, and the context of the students at the desk will imply the lecture?

The former.

You definitely want something indicating talking is going on, unless the teacher is visible with his or her mouth open
chicken scratch is good, words in light gray, jumbled, even gibberish.. overlapping, diagonal.. anything like that

Finished with the color! I think I'm ready to move onto the next one.

Nice shitpost faggot.

Why arnt his knees bending. his arm doesn't have an elbow. and that coloring doesn't fit how the lines work. Once again. Nice shitpost faggot.

I had to google who were Dipper and Mabel, I'm so behind the times.
But from what I've read, the point is totally valid. Still rewriting this, mostly because it's not a topic I particularly like, so I've got almost no knowledge and I know I will fuck it up if I'm not careful.
In any case, I'll take my time with this, and se what happens.

That is a better idea, I like it. But it's a bit too vague for me, as anyone could be called sir. I'll either use Sir,Operate or Administrator, To connect it more to computers. Thanks friends.

This thread fucking scares me, I'm never posting my work in here

Why?

well I think you've done a great job so far
and you should definitely watch gravity falls
and definitely watch The Dreamers for more inspiration for these two

>Start and complete one part of the drawing, instead of roughing out the whole panel first
>Part you drew doesn't work/gets covered up anyway

rearrange the panels you intended to do to compensate, OR save that drawing to be reused later and put something else there to be covered up

believe me you'll feel much better if you don't feel like you're wasting something you worked hard on

yeah man
or put it on your patreon or just on your front page as a "this is a bit of art you're missing out on"

What are some good webcomics? I wanna see what kinda stuff is popular but the only one I'm really familiar with is kill six billion demons a,d gunshow.

West Tree Academy of Heroes.

If you don't like it, it's your fault, because that comic has the official /hyw/ stamp of approval. I speak for everyone in the thread when I recommend West Tree.

God, this must be the third revision I do to Leslie's design.
In any case, new update done.

hmmm... the demarcation between the upper and lower part of the hair is pretty masculine
is johnny crying lightning?

posting my comic.

Here's the last page of the most recent chapter of Monster Lands. It's the end of the villain origin story. monster-lands.com/

pumped out 3 pages this weekend.

leaving it up to our imagination eh?

new page

Am I remembering wrong? Or did you comic used to have shading?

You remember it wrong, but I should really start using it.

Can you post an earlier page? I'm not saying you're a liar.

I just remember your comic looking differently, for some reason. It's been a while since I've seen it though.

The very early pages had some shitty shading on clothes, maybe that's what you're talking about. I only did it for the Wizard's clothes and was never happy with it because everyone else looked stupid.

With page 19, I started adding gradients so it looks at least a little bit better. I also had those weird nose shades, but people told me that looks stupid.

Maybe you remember more about my comic than I do, which is pretty amazing.

I made a stupid yellow light trace in his eyes before when he flips a switch, out looks stupid and has no other purpose other than to show he's not in his usual, chirpy mood.

i dont get it, but sure!

Why are they all completely different sizes?

because im an idiot who kept adding panels last minute.

Again, it's a stupid gimmick that makes no sense just to show he kinda flipped.
Wow, Amy was so different seventy strips ago.

oh wow I didn't make the connection at all. I forgot all about that guy, and Johnny's sudden change

I see what the eye are about here though, see, it's supposed to be the effect of a trailing highlight. like when you make a zigzag with a light and it etches into your retina briefly.
but see, in they aren't both going the same direction, so that doesn't work. also his mood there is totally different, so it doesn't make sense in that comic the way it does in this older one

also, that should be 'what does he owe you'
I know that's weird, you don't conjugate the verb if it's being combined with a form of 'do' like that

I originally did like you said, but I didn't like much how it looked.
I'll make a second edit just in case. Thank god the update goes live tomorrow.

when your 'child' tries to bite you

im sorry

well it's going to look weird either way since ideally they should be trailing behind him, as they show movement.. but trailing from the POV of the camera. so if he's heading towards the camera you shouldn't see anything more than a light in each eye

shit man.. that's the point where i'd attack the cloaky guy. but that's just me. that's how it worked with granny goodness..

Sweet, is wanted to make bump illustrations, but I'm not very creative. They probably end up being green

we should all make some now that the threads are slowing a little

Sounds fun, I'd be up to it.

I'm one strip ahead for the first time in ages, but let's not push it.
That could be an activity for the next one. We used to encourage that a lot before, same for changing the cover. I'm glad someone stepped in, but we used to say we all should make our own to have variety like the drawthreads.

sorry for double post.

I put in some dialogue and stuff.

A stand is literally anything
jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Stand

Some fucking monkey had a boat for a stand

Some other guys has a stand that only works when he dies

there's a stand that doesn't even have a user, It's just a sword

New episode of the west tree gag show.

youtube.com/watch?v=S1Fq_D_YaDU&feature=youtu.be

Lil' warning at the end, you'll get tenidis.

but like, in the context of the manga, how do the characters define one? how do they know that sword is one?

Because it's not a forged sword. They come out of them, that's the easiest connection you can make to begin to understand them.
Until you reach "it just works"

>In all her time living, Francesca's gone by the name Princess. Initially -- when she was built to be a ballerina doll -- the name was a term of endearment, but now, in Deadland, it's used to mock Francesca based on her looks. Twenty years ago, when the regal moniker made her feel fuzzy, Francesca would rest on the patio, look out to the stars, and yearn for adventure; Now she'd give anything to go back.

is it just me or is the stereo mix kinda off to the right? seems mostly to be the dialogue
man that news gag... that has been done, and it's a streeetch.
this animation looks lazier than usual. it's funny how that doesn't bother me. it's possibly even funnier how theyre just shaking around without moving
whoa, angel got a new arm
is SD supposed to turn transparent before going into his imagination?
Gotta like just pointing out the yellowgentle comparisons. at this point you might as well make fun of yourself and have fun with it.
I dunno, I like all your animations, but this one's one of the weaker ones. Sarah carried most of it. aaaand you really need to lower the volume on that ringing. Like seriously.

what comes out of what? I feel we're getting really close to me understanding this

Basically stands are whatever superpower a character has, and most stands take the form of some sort of humanoid ghost thing. They know the sword has a stand/is a stand because they can see the ghost bound to the sword.

>is it just me or is the stereo mix kinda off to the right? seems mostly to be the dialogue
Meh, must be my mic messing up.

>man that news gag... that has been done, and it's a streeetch
Really? the only time I saw something similar was that one gag in the 100th episode of American Dad. The gag came to me when I though up of how Annabeth and Jack are kind of similar to those other two.

>this animation looks lazier than usual.
Well, before it was just literal slide shows.

>is SD supposed to turn transparent before going into his imagination?
Nah, I just didn't feel like going and filling him with paint and waiting another hour for the video to process.

>Gotta like just pointing out the yellowgentle comparisons. at this point you might as well make fun of yourself and have fun with it.
That's pretty much what half of this show is.

>aaaand you really need to lower the volume on that ringing. Like seriously.
Meh, I think loud noises are funny. either way, I won't do the tenidis thing again unless someone gets shot or something, and even then it'll be lower.

there we go. that i can understand

it's a mcfarlane staple. the one i remember from early family guy was "the suspect is described as a fat man with a hot redhead wife. this is an artist's rendering" and then it's fred and wilma flintstone
it's a good gag, and i don't think you should apologize for using it, just that i think being-the-straight-man is a little bit of a stretch for similarity. they DO have a similar dynamic though, which is great.

Get this cancer off this fucking thread jesus christ dude. what does this have to do with your web comic.

>is SD supposed to turn transparent before going into his imagination?
>Nah, I just didn't feel like going and filling him with paint and waiting another hour for the video to process.

so you're just fucking lazy then?

Everything, it has the characters and humor.

>so you're just fucking lazy then?
Oh, super duper lazy man.

why post lazy work here.

>Humor

Managed to cook another WIP, I've been on a roll for the last week. Losing 200 drawings from my computer fueled me up somehow =/

if I had to wait an hour for something to re-process, i wouldn't wanna fix it either
but then i'd try to preview that shit and fix all mistakes before processing. I dunno if that's how video works

whaaat? harddrive failure?

Yeah, last week. Files starting with M onwards, simply vanished. Lost initially 400 drawings including archive from 2000 and beyond that I destroyed long ago. With a recovery tool I managed to get back over 150 but almost no psd and lot of stuff I can find on my Tumblr, so I've been kinda down. Buy last weekend I managed to color two crossovers and get my comic back from the the months hiatus, so I'm still deciding if it was a blessing in disguise. Along the lost stuff was the Sentai project, so I hafta start over with that one.
Sorry for the blog.

Not him but Sorry to hear it man that's always one of my nightmares. That's why I bought an external HD. I got a western digital passport 2TB for 80 bucks I suggest you get an external too. Lucky for me I am a worrier and I worry all the time to avoid most disasters.

Thanks, man. I will get one when the budget allows it, right now I'm using my phone to back up my drawings, but I admit being too carefree about it, and paid the price.
Lesson learned.

Dunno how much you need to back up but you could put at least some of it online in that free cloud storage where they give you a limited amount and then more if you pay

Just a bit over 20gb, the phone can handle it, but since it is a Windows phone, I have that cloud storage thing I never tried. I guess this is a good time as any other to try it out.

Time to get started with the crossovers, I will color one page per day, so the updates don't get overbearing since this one is ten pages long.

GoogleDrive and Microsoft's OneDrive (I think) give you 15GB storage for free. I use my GoogleDrive for important documents, and limited file sharing (eg sending the new comic to the printers, reviewers, etc).

Mega gives you 50GB for free. I've just finished syncing up

Welp, I went up and did it.

yep!

Quick bump.

Roughing out a 3 pager, which will be the last "Experience the Magic of the Legend!" strip for Volume 4. Just need to do these 3 pages, plus covers, before sending it off to print in the next couple of weeks, if I want it to be ready for a con at the start of November.

Question for you fantasy nerds out there.

Has there ever been a case where someone can be forcibly turned into a lich against their will?

I'm not aware of any, and it runs counter to the lore of becoming a lich, which requires an immense amount of effort, will, and overwhelming power.

But it's fantasy so just do whatever you want and fuck previous lore. There's this retarded idea that just because table top games have some sort of set of rules, that therefore fantasy fiction should have the same.

Frankly it's set the genre back.

hmm,

I'm fine with not sticking to lore 100% but if that's a big thing about a lich then I might not do that.

As said, there aren't really any rules regarding made-up-magic stuff, but why is this unfortunate person being enlichenated?

What would whoever-it-is have to gain by creating a hard-to-kill-without-destroying-their-phylactery undead sorceror instead of becoming the undead sorceror themselves?

The word lich means dead. Or corpse. Gary Gygax popularized the word for an evil powerful wizard who uses his magic to live as an undead being, specifically for his table top game. It could just as easily be a zombie or an animated skeleton or anything else undead or even mostly dead.

If you're trying to stick to the rules of a game, you're doing exactly what a lot of really bad amateurs do. Don't do it.

once again, I'm not well versed in how Lich's work 100%.

My idea was that 6 friends find a way to allow a lich to make living things their phylactery and as a result the living creature would gain immortality. So 5 of the friends basically turn their other friend into the lich and somehow force him to make the 5 of them his phylacteries.

so.....are the five other guys the bad guys? Why doesn't the other guy who got turned into a lich do anythign after the fact?

All 6 of them are bad.

As for the Guy who turned into a Lich not just fucking the other guys up I figured that he doesn't want to risk killing them and dying himself. Haven't thought about that part honestly.

cute-ass pigtails. that's the best kind of bump
oh shit, maybe I was wrong.
i've never fully understood what a lich is. I get the impression it's a necromancer who also is dead? so he can control his OWN self better, and do tricks with his body and soul and fuck with mortality a bit? so basically the parts of it are separate. you can't become a necromancer against your will, but you CAN have your body and soul separated and shit, and be made into a zombie

Okay so it sounds like basically what you want is a case of FMA's backstory except the one guy is trying to make the OTHER guy do all the paying for their crimes against nature. and there's five of that guy.
Like, a situation where a bunch of people can cast a spell, they can make amazing shit happen, but whichever one of them gains the major control over the powers, also has to pay the price in changes to his body, yeah? is that what you're going for plotwise? Because that sounds pretty sensible. That's a story. Otherwise it's just weird that some of them are casting some heavy magic so that another can cast OTHER magic back on them. That intrinsically makes little sense because we expect things to be equivalent.

In RPG terms, becoming a Lich is the endgame for most Necromancers. You transfer your soul to an object (the Phylactery) while your body becomes undead.

You get all the advantages of being immortal, immune to disease and poison, and resistant to physical injury while still retaining all your intelligence and knowledge. While your Phylactery is intact, you are very hard to permanently destroy so keep that shit safe.

An intelligent, nigh-indestructible, magic-wielding zombie with a secret kill-switch.

necromancers are weird, dude. usually rule zero of any of that kinda magic is don't fucking do it to yourself. You're a fire guy? don't turn yourself into fucking fire. you can become firePROOF yeah, that's a good idea. but who wants to be undead? undead usually has all the negatives of being dead except you can still move around and shit
i guess it makes sense that someone with an interest in raising the dead probably has issues with his mortality, and is the kind who would prolong his life at any cost, but.. jeez, become a life force vampire or something. to me, the main point of necromancy is "hey, dead people don't need their bodies anymore. Free slaves!" and if you ever DO become a zombie it's like the ironic twist of "oh shit now YOU know what it's like" or just a sensible thing of "Actually you don't because you're dead so you just donated your body to another necromancer because fuck you're not using it"
... am i just out of touch?

On that note,

is a living creature a viable candidate to be a phylactery?

Maybe not a Lich then, but some other kind of undead.

6 wizards want immortality, and have found a ritual to do just that. However, 5 of them know that one of them will have to become undead (because magic), so #6 is kept in the dark about that part, and is set up to become the fall guy by the others. In a reverse of your "Lich with living phylacteries", the undead guy is the phylactery for the other 5 living wizards, and being the storehouse for 5 souls makes him incredibly hard to destroy (because magic). He retains his intelligence, but loses much of his power.
The 5 immortals seal the undead #6 in the deepest dungeon they can find, to keep him out of they way (and safe). However, #6 manages to escape, and seeks revenge. Hijinks ensue.

If the concept is a soul container that keeps it from escaping but allows it to continue communicating with your body, then I would think "very no". Putting your soul in someone else's body is usually just called posession, and you don't enjoy immortality, you're just... pirating their body

that's not a terrible idea. My original idea is that the 5 pull a coup of the Kingdom they're from and begin to take over the world with the 6th guy/lich as the figure head.

oooh i don't know the last time i saw a fantasy story where people straight up stage a coup. They murdle bad kings sometimes, but it's always to put some other king on the throne or usually his hot innocent daughter or something. that's not a bad idea

so basically the crux of it is: what's the conflict between this group? What does the sixth guy think of it? What advantages and disadvantages are there for him being their figurehead? because that's what's going to make or break this idea.

It's a path to immortality. A Lich trades looking good and being able to eat for the opportunity to spend the rest of eternity studying magic and/or world domination.

It's usually inadvisable to make your phylactery out of something fragile. Jewelry is a good choice because it's portable too.

Someone could make a living creature into a phylactery IF they could also ensure that it doesn't come to any harm, is also immortal AND can be controlled, because trading your own remaining lifespan for the lifespan of something else misses the point of the quest for immortality.

I suppose the One Ring is like Sauron's phylactery; while his physical form can be destroyed, most of his power and essence is in the Ring. Only when the Ring is destroyed can he be finally killed.

So the plot is that this coup and lich making has already taken place hundreds of years prior and the world is already in the middle of the war with the Lich King's Empire. as far as everyone knows at this point the Lich is actually in charge . The main character finds some ruins where he finds a weapon capable of killing the lich's phylacteries, which are his 5 commanders, his 5 friends, now known as Phylactery lords. not sure on that name . As the story goes on the MC finds out that the Lich isn't actually in charge and that the 5 friends are actually running things.

CHAPTER 6 DONE, SENPAI! I personally thought it was one of my "better" chapters, and also marks TWO important milestone in the comic...
1. No more Monster of the Week for a LONG while now: It's time to put the focus on the main story for now. Chapters 7+8+Epilogue will conclude Arc 1. Arc 2 will be a 4-chapter "no-filler" story arc..
2. No for GODDAMN "SPLASH" ONOMATOPOEIA until the 3rd arc, most likely. Thank fuckin' God. No more nights spend drawing water!

The "bad" news is that it's time for me to put the comic on hold and practice using Clip Studio Paint. I've also got to improve my art, but I also REALLY want to keep going with the story
When I first started, I had written the Prologue + Chapters 1-2 in one go, without knowing how the comic would develop. Now, I have a VERY good idea of the direction, end, and general themes I want the rest of the story to have. There's still so many plots to go through and, so many characters to introduce, and so many places to explore...
Sorry for the blog post; I hope you guys have enjoyed this chapter so far and that the image doesn't look TOO bright.

A Lich isn't a real thing, so you make the rules yourself. As long as it's "corpse-y", you can call it a Lich. You shouldn't limit yourself to the rules written on Pen & Paper RPGs.

This one is tops.

I think it's more of perhaps a subconscious choice. I get the impression webcomic artists tend not to smoke they it doesn't occur to them to have smokers. It's only ever controversial in kids' cartoons

Where did he keep the card :^)

In today's comic, Liz has a dream about 15 years ago.

ohh okay. that's a pretty good backstory, it makes a nice reveal to find out the main villain was kinda put up to this by his now-generals, and it gives you a nice excuse for that videogamey/anime 'defeat the 5 generals before the final boss' plot, which is lots of fun.

I would think he wouldn't ADVERTISE that they were his phylacteries. But uh.. maybe Phylords

Well the fact that they're his phylacteries would be a secret that the MC finds out. The name was mostly a place holder.

Hmm, interesting. Seems like he has some sort of PTSD. Are you going to expand on Lizzipon's past?

ballsy. I know i should take a break to learn clipstudio but I can't bear it.
Looks like a happy ending for all. Good show
>card
I'm thinking tucked into one of the corners of his pelvis. Xanth would have him store it in his skull, but.. there isn't really a good access point for the braincase
SNEAK PREVIEW:a later skellyman is going to have one in a WALLET. and there's going to be a reason for that

Nice art shift for the dream parts.

There'll be hints here and there about Liz and Sonny's past, but it won't be the main focus of the story for a good while.

also,

if everything goes according to the original plan the MC never actually fights the Lich and the final boss will be one of the 5 guys.

These threads are just one shit pile heap after another.

rarely share my stuff anywhere, but my comic recently made the transition to colour so heres the latest page

reminds me of Sexy Losers' art

I read through the entire archive last night and I just wanted to tell you I really enjoyed the ride. Sad to know you'll be stopping for a more child friendly work.

Oh, thank you so much! The story will continue, just at a slower pace, and without Smack Jeeves. But I appreciate your dedication to read almost 300 strips.
Speaking of which, new update!

WIP of the next page!

oh god, determined sarah is pretty convincing

I don't really know where to ask, but I remembered that pretty great webcomic about a girl with ruined lungs diving with her friend and lewd/cute ensues. Anyone knows what I'm talking about?

no idea but i wanna see it

found it. Scrub Diving

thanks.
someone getting a new thread ready I hope
remember to suggest everyone make a bump image

That's pretty hot. Yet every 8th face or so looks absolutely awful
it's as if the forces of anime and tumblr are battling for supremacy

seriously
now would be a great time
activity: make your own custom bump image from your comic
make sure to get the links right so they don't have (embed)

new page

hehe, poor guy
shit, the interactive page 117 isnt working for me. work for anyone else?