Movies have been underperforming, civil war only made $1.1 billion, less than ironman 3

>Movies have been underperforming, civil war only made $1.1 billion, less than ironman 3
>Suicide squad, the critical flop and 3rd entry to dceu beat 9/13 marvel movies, wonder woman is going to murder spidersjwman
>DC comics is currently ahead of the market, harry potter and lotr comics coming out next year

As a marvel fan, what is marvel doing wrong? Was pre marvel Disney better?
>Agents of non canon is shit, the Netflix shows are medicore

At least our games and animate movies are on par with the DC games/animation, so that's good enough.

What would you change?

>Made only 1.1 billion
You know, I understand the expectations set for these blockbusters, but that figure is more than what my favourite films could ever dream of making. Possibly combined.

It had a pretty high target, that's why it underperformed, disney should stop setting such high targets.

Reboot the entire MCU verse, especially Thor. As it stands, the only decent things they've been putting out have been the netflix shows.

I get the feeling you're falsflagging

Also Civil War wasn't really expected to break the records anyways

>wonder woman is going to murder spidersjwman
Y-you don't really think this right?

No it didn't

>X2
>Hulkino 2003
>SM3
>Blade

All the good Marvel movies werent done by Disney. Id go the extra mile and put Iron-man 1 out of the MCU since it wasnt conceived as such with the limitations and designs Disney forces on the newer movies.

>I get the feeling you're falsflagging
No screamin eagle shit.

The only target was breaking $1 billion.

It did.

What keywords should I use to filter these threads?

Sorry, sm2, type there

>Netflix shows are medicore

Toppest of keks

Marvel
DC

Hahahaha

Underperform and flop

Marvel was never good, and they've doubled down on all the shit that makes them bad (Bendis)

Marvel

Lowest common denominator. Same with DC. They're both companies interested in money and money only. It's like people keep forgetting this. Why would you change a formula that you know for a fact works?

>Id go the extra mile and put Iron-man 1 out of the MCU since it wasnt conceived as such with the limitations and designs Disney forces on the newer movies.
this
IM1 doesn't deserve to be lumped in with the shitfest that is the MCU.

>Harry Potter comics

She's actually making them write comic on it?

>Hulk
Other than that. You're alright.
Spidey 3 was GOAT, up until it wasn't, so I can understand the typo.

kino, capekino and any other variation

Iron Meme 2 was actually good.

In what alternate universe do you live where making over a billion dollars in a movie is "underperforming"?

Besides which, Civil War wasn't competing against Iron Man 3, it was competing against Batman v Superman. And it won in every possible measurable way, perhaps most notably by the fact that this time ten years ago Iron Man and Captain America were Aquaman-tier C-list heroes in the public consciousness, and now they're household names who can be in movies that break a billion.

Conversely DC put two of the three most well-known and beloved superheroes of all time in a movie, one of whom is a twice-over-proven billion dollar money making IP, and yet failed to produce the magic number.

AoU and CW really are about maintaining the franchise. Making 1 billion, selling ass loads of products, these movies are doing what they're supposed to.

>le both companies are the same maymay

Reminder that indieshit only exists to be movie pitches

You have to be delusional to think Marvel is doing wrong with movies.

>And it won in every possible measurable way

Quality is measurable though.

Iron Man 1 is Steel-tier.

The only good MCU movies are the first two Captain Americas.

Someone should screencap what you wrote and then laugh in your face once you're wrong. There is no way in hell that Wonder Woman will beat out Spider-Man at the box office, normies love him too much.

Yeah, and Civil War wins the quality control war too. Y'know why? Because the conflict between Iron Man and Cap is actually believable. They spend a huge amount of time interacting with and talking to each other, trying to convince each other that the other is right. They manage to do this without resorting to the cheapest and easiest form of symbolism possible - religious. Most importantly of all, the central conflict is one that can be fundamentally understood by and affects everyday people (freedom verses security), whereas BvS boils down to one guy hating one other guy and wanting to kill him.

>Iron Man 1 is Steel-tier.
lazy troll
2/10 for making me reply

In the future remember that trolling is a art.

>Hey let's reboot our entire universe that is literally the most successful film franchise in history because some people on the internet think one of our films slightly underperformed

Also rebooting the entire verse includes the Netflix shows so you're literally contradicting yourself there budxy

If dr.strange makes under 70m opening weekend they're fucking up. If it makes over 100m they are exceeding expectations.

damn
You are a lost soul.
I'll be praying for you.

Here we fucking go again. Treading over the same fucking water.

I get it, pal. You like the movie.

Don't you have other stuff to do, though? This has been going on for six months. Give it a rest, man.

>Superman gets healed by the sun
WOWWWWWWWWWWW HOLY SHIT SO GOOOOOD

>civil war only made $1.1 billion
It only made a billion dollars? Shit, Disney is going to go bankrupt any day now.

Don't try to argue with DCfags, they are delusional in every sense of the word

What was Lex's plan had Doomsday succeeded in killing Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman.

>only over a billion dollars

I instantly assume this is trolling.
I mean any movie that makes back money before leaving theaters should be a success
Any movie that makes that plus a few HUNDRED MILLION should be considered a booming success.

>conflict between Iron Man and Cap is actually believable

....no it isn't.