Amazing Spider-Man #18 Storytime

SLOTT!

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/ybe8y3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anybody?

They're gonna make Otto a black man! This is actually funny and I want it.

Being Otto is suffering.

I don't get it Otto is going to try to clone his old body or a Peter body? because we already have to many spider-man around and Kaine and Miguel are the only one i really like

>Kaine and Miguel are the only one i really like

This, I would be fine if they bring Superior back, but they'd have to keep Kaine dead. It's a trade off type thing, we only need three Spideys and one of them needs to be a dark reflection of Peter so it's down to those two.

Thanks for storytiming, this was a pretty good issue

hi slott

I prefer Kaine i think he really have potential to have a interesting spiderbook that dosen't have to be aroud Peter old the time, he can have his adventures in mexico, appear in Sam book to have some funny/feel moments so the book don't look so depress and well miguel...i simpli like him more than Miles and Otto

nah, if I was Slott I'd be losing my shit that people got to read this for free

Probably my favorite of the new volume. Mainly because I like how Slott writes Ock over Peter.

Why doesn't he just build a fucking synth body and use that? Or get a fucking LMD.

I was expecting worse. When Slott's writing Ock as a creepy, obsessive villain he's in top form... probably says something about his character.

Looks like he's decided he needs his own body, because he thinks being in Peter's body messed with his mind

RIP in peace, Living Brain. Thanks for the storytime.

Anna looks adorable in the first three panels.

Fuck you Anna you cunt

>Superior Spider-Man II confirmed for NEVUH-EVUH

:(

>wanting Otto back and Kaine dead

Shit taste

I'm waiting for the reveal later on that Peter put the time in finding out how to prevent Otto from taking his body again. Psychic defenses from the X-Men (remember that time he was a teacher?), or something super science related (dude lives in Reed Richard's toybox, and he comes up with three ideas Otto could never conceive before he takes his morning shit), or maybe something from his Avengers buddies ("Hey Brother Voodoo, can you teach me some tricks to prevent possession from a dead asshole?")

I get that Slott writes Peter as a man child, but he'd have to be retarded to try to prevent SpOck from happening again.

I'm starting to think Slott is writing some of this for a creepy cuckold fetishist he personally knows

Yeah I know it's not a popular opinion here but I really enjoy reading Slott's Otto. I wouldn't say he's well-written, but he's definitely fun to follow.

I HATE his Peter though

I never said that, I just said we shouldn't have both.

I think maybe the implication is he wants Otto's brain inside Peter's body, not just his thought patterns rewritten over Peter's brain.

He'd be dumb to not want spider powers again

Would you not have been disgusted in finding out your date was a crazy, fat, mad scientist with metal arms that stole someone's body?

I guarantee you he hasn't done jack shit. Hell he doesn't seem traumatized at all from the shit that went down

Oh Otto, you wacky old robot.

>Getting cucked by a Britt

For shame Otto

By the end of it she wanted to keep brain, she still cares about otto

you ever notice how 9 times out of 10 if you skip the two-page spreads you miss nothing important?

does he have to make the 'whirr-click click' sounds manually, or are they just unavoidable?

>You have ruined me! Made me weak! Inferior.

Is he referring to Peter or Ana when he says this?

Seems like it might be Ana since he has no qualms about blowing her up moments later, but I hope not...I kind of liked their relationship, and this makes it seem like it's never coming back

Peter's body, but with Otto's brain inside. like, his actual, biological brain sitting in a Peter clone's skull. and that's what he'll DL his mindscan into.

So is he gonna clone Peter but put his own brain in the body?

>Is he referring to Peter or Ana when he says this?
He's referring to the other Otto. The one who 'betrayed' him

>dark reflection of Peter
Which isn't Otto. Spock is Doc Ock as Spider-Man, not Spider-Man if he went dark side. Kaine is the 'dark' Spider-Man, who still has his heart in the right place. Otto isn't. He's an arrogant Spider-Man, which is not a reflection, it's a contrast.

Spock is 'what if Spider-Man was an evil mad scientist'
Kaine is 'what if Spider-Man was a murderous monster-man'
Green Goblin is the nega-Spider-Man, a rich scientist who becomes a quippy masked villain. and while nothing has come of it yet, I do like that Slott Machine has Norman going global in the shadows with his Goblins Sans Frontiers as a counterpart to Parker Industries going global with its company. While Peter goes Iron Man, Norman goes Batman Inc.

To be fair Superior touched on the fact that young Otto and young Peter were basically the same, both bitter young minds ostracized by their peers. Otto just didn't have an Uncle Ben to shape his moral compass.

He's Peter if he never learned responsibility and stuck with his "I'll show them all!" characterization

First issue since the end of Superior I've remotely enjoyed.

Based Spock please return to us.

Eh he'll kill him soon enough. Get back old Moe Howard haircut and Shades back then beat him into a bloody whimpering mess.

Hear Ana scream as he rips the guys heart out

Fuk

It's pretty much the only thing about Spider-man I think Slott consistently nails. Get him off Amazing and give him a standalone Superior.

He could be like how Scarlet stayed active but moved where no other heroes were. Superior could be Latveria's Spider-man!

I just want Superior Spider-man to return.

Is that too much to ask for?

It was the only time Spider-Man has been interesting since OMD

Reminder that Slott is the reason Bendis hasn't killed 616 Peter already.

poal.me/ybe8y3

thanks op
K A I N E WHEN??

By the end of the event.

I gotta say: I really hated how Slott handled Peter coming back from the dead. The dude was out of commission, functionally dead, for months, and his biggest complaints are Ock making him too successful and Ock changing his ringtone. I was at least expecting Peter to acknowledge that a memetic clone of him died in Ock's body. Whether or not the memetic clone is the original would be an interesting story.
But no, normies wouldn't get it. Sell more toys!

otto is actually making the sounds with his mouth but no really its just comics sound effect its probably the same as your fridge

would peter really just let otto rot in that body if otto told him i feel like peter would help him because its the right thing to do

He's probably put him in a regular human body then send him to jail. Otto wants his super power trip again.

At first I was thinking this is such a needlessly contrived way to bring Otto back, why bother with the distinction between Otto's brain and mind in Peter's body when it makes no difference to us as readers.

But I think I get it now: this is a way to make Otto spider-man again without the moral dilemma of stealing Peter's body. With a clone of Otto's brain, he can be Spider-Man without having to kill or "delete" a copy of Peter's memories. The fact that Slott also had Otto find a non-fatal way to deal with the black guy only further convinced me that Superior Spider-Man is returning, and getting partially redeemed to boot. They won't have Otto do anything truly evil in the coming issues to set him up as a less divisive character

O shit
The Dead No More teaser with Otto's arms never showed his body
New Spock costume design? New regular Otto costume design?

Here's your (You), Otto.

fuck. Otto didn't do that.

The dude was a damn asshole, good riddance.

Well he was black

So he's like most Marvel writers?

He is. It was hinted at since Spider-Man Unlimited 3. Which Slott mentioned:

Guys I'm so hype for SpOck to come back.

Superior was such a fun time to be on Cred Forums.

>Haven't read Slott's shit in forever
>decide to pick up on this issue
>sees this

I liked this one, Slotts book has been better since the Zodiac arc ended.