Now that Bendis is stepping down, who does Cred Forums want to take over GOTG?

Now that Bendis is stepping down, who does Cred Forums want to take over GOTG?
Will Marvel Cosmic get back to glory days of pic related?

What's Andy Lanning up to these days?

I met him once at a con a couple of years back. Dude LOVES cosmic marvel.

It's going to be hard to undo a lot of the damage that Bendis did or is yet to do but not impossible.

I would love Ewing to take over but it seems he already has Ultimates to fill his love of cosmic.

Aside from Ewing, I don't know, I guess I would take PAD, Fabian Nicieza, Greg Pak.

I would even be willing to read Yost, Gage, and even Robinson on a GotG title (although Robinson while he has good ideas his execution needs a little more work).

I would add Gillen since he can do some interesting stuff but the man writes a very shitty Star-Lord and it's obvious he doesn't know shit about the Guardians outside the MCU and whatever Bendis did.

That said I honestly will take anyone whose knowledge of the GotG is not limited to the movies and anything that happened after Thanos Imperative.

>Will Marvel Cosmic get back to glory days of pic related?
No. Moreover, it's finally time for the cosmicfags to realice Bendis wasn't really the problem. It's the MCU. And they'll learn that the hard way no matter who comes next.

It's going to be Slott, I guarantee it.

The other big issue with Ewing is his double-edged sword approach to continuity. A Ewing-written GotG would, by the very nature of Ewing's obsession with continuity, be heavy on acknowledging and referencing Bendis' Guardians run.

Put PAD on it. Maybe he'd bring back Phyla and/or Genis.

I know he won't, but I'd like a 6-issue run by Ellis.

That would guarantee Kitty staying on the team.

No, it's mostly the creatively bankrupt writers who don't know what to do with the Guardians and they just recycle plots and character traits from the movie and flanderize them.

Most of them don't know how to write cosmic and just rely on lol funny quirky shit, which is how we get bus driver alien in space and Spartax being slightly advanced Earth, or alien dogs who have a Golden Girls tv show.

They don't have the imagination or creativity to do their own unique alien civilization or story that doesn't rely on stupid gimmicks and humorous scenes, it's so fucking bland, and there is none of the mystery or wonder that Cosmic Marvel had before Bendis set his fat hands into GotG.

I mean DC didn't change Bane when TDKR came out, the most they did is give him a coat and that's it and when it came to Harley they fucked her up way before the SS movie even came out. As for Wonder Woman her outfit changed to resemble more the DCEU outfit but the character is still apart from what we have seen of Gadot's WW.

Honestly they should fucking get someone who can write Cosmic Marvel or sci-fi and fantasy pretty well.

The rumor is Slott is taking over. I don't really care who it is, just not him.

Seconding PAD.

He may be just what this book needs right now and vice versa.

But honestly, Marvel would never hand out one of their prize books to him. They seem to be content constraining him to a fringe book with a shit artist.

That's a pretty good list and in the appropriate order. I'd just add that Aaron would be great if he could do another Thor: God of Thunder tier run, but the guy's pretty inconsistent. Hard to believe the same guy wrote Scalped and all that X-Men garbage.

Why not? A Slott-written GotG could be alright. Sure it'd probably still be more comedy focused than anything else, but unfortunately, the movie pretty much cemented the GotG as a comedy franchise so it's unlikely that we'd have gotten anything other than that.

>Sure it'd probably still be more comedy focused than anything else

Please no. Slott is one of the unfunniest mainstream cape writers there is. Why someone thought giving that loser the quipiest character on their roster for years was a good idea is beyond me.

He was good in Slott's Ren & Stimpy run.

Sure it's not the fault of their bosses who demand more and more ties to the movies.

If fucking Bendis was struggling with that, you think another writer, no matter his skill, will just have free road?

I don't think there's any salvaging cosmic Marvel.
GotG is going to be forced with more mandates for movie synergy.
I had small hopes for Nova until they made it sound like a bait and switch in the solicit

Have you even seen Slott's Silver Surfer? What a fucking disaster of a book and a waste of Allred. Slott shouldn't be allowed anywhere near Cosmic.

No because what ties does the Thor comic have to the movies besides Malekith coming back? Who retained his look and aside from having some of his Dark Elves look like the ones in the movie (and they had a reason for that in the comics) didn't really ape anything from the MCU.

Even the fucking Cap comics didn't try to be like the movies.

X-Men comics didn't try to be like the movies.

So no that shit isn't exclusive to GotG the writers are uncreative hacks, hell Starlin and Abnett who barely had the movie GotG in their comics managed to have them in a far more interesting plot (and as shit as GoI was for me it was miles better than anything Bendis)

And putting the whole making it like the movies thing aside, but Bendis and Humphries just took the most superficial aspect of the characters from the movies and went with that, they didn't even make them as interesting as Gunn did.

Plus Bendis has said multiples times himself that no one pressures him to make things like the movies.

Ewing
PAD
Remender (if only)
John Arcudi could probably do well

I like Mantis's new look

I read the Secret Wars tie-in and that one double-helix issue and both were pretty good.

Ewing, PAD, Si Spurrier or Remender.

>seriously thinking X-Men movies would be acknowledged
stopped reading right there

>stopped reading right there
Stay mad, faggot.