International Iron Man #7 storytime

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/ybe8y3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why

Request

>Brian Michael Bendis Writer

does Marvel not have any writers besides him or something?

>villain of first issues just disappears
>Arno's existence literally never referenced in 12 issues of shit
>only consequence is "Tony now met his biological mother"
Bravo Bendis
Bravissimo

Is Mary Jean ever gonna show up in International IM ??

Here we go

>Here we go
Hoo boy

>37 years ago
>two years later
nine months later
Current Tony Stark set as a 34yo makes me want to puke. It makes no sense with anything.

This is the last issue, so no.
>Mary Jean
Is not you lover

The end thanks for reading

I blame Gillen for this dreck, he should've wrapped up this adopted shit in his run I stood leaving it dangling for someone like Bendis to have a go at it.

>all this time, you think that was Fury? it was me!
>ME, BARRY! ME!

HOWARD THE KEK
O
W
A
R
D

T
H
E

C
U
C
K

Is this just supposed to coincidentally look like the movie poster?

Because cw2 wasn't enough Bendis for one day, right?

For what it's worth, Abnett at DC is writing more books than Bendis.

How is he a cuckold?
He and Maria had a son (Arno), but since he was so sick he lived in an iron lung and they had to pretend their child was fine they adopted a random baby, biologically unrelated to either.

Just casually murdering the man you were expecting to raise a child with, no big deal.

>the shots came from over there
>call security!
>seal off the whole building and all exits!

100% grammatically correct German. Im-press-ive.

poal.me/ybe8y3

>Disorder. Discontent. Disarray. Disarmed.

Fuck. Bendis. Fuck. Him.

You actually think Bendis knows who Arno Stark is?

Haha oh wow. OK Bendis, you win. Every now and then you can get a good chuckle outta me.

Uh is this the final issue? That was... a series alright

Thing is he'd have to know for him to know about the fact that Tony is adopted. It's been pointed out time and again that it's not that Bendis doesn't know continuity, he does, it's just that he actively ignores it.

Let's not go into "Bendis is an actual retard" mode. He clearly knows since the whole premise for the series is the setup in Gillen's run, he just didn't care because he found an adoption story interested but not a secret brother one -which you can do if you generally disregard continuity. That's all.

>Dazzler is Tony's mom
JESUS FUCK

Y'know what, this wasn't anywhere near as bad as I expected it to be. Didn't retcon Tony into being jewish. Didn't make him related to Doom. Really, it didn't do any of the many number of worst case scenarios that I was sure Bendis would go with.

It's nothing great but, I dunno, it works?

>It's nothing
FTFY

That's not a bad thing. Not every story has to end with Tony Stark being Captain America's secret cousin. Sometimes his mom can just be a lady that had a baby under the right circumstances to get adopted by Howard Stark.

This. People who need every cape story to have a real twist to it should just stop reading. They're the reason everything has to have some ridiculously marketable twist nowadays rather than telling an actual story.

Because adoption=cuck in Cred Forums's mind. Remember how they were running around with Bendis-is-a-cuck because he had adopted kids.

>you just hit the jackpot

It IS a bad thing. This is just Bendis leaving another piss stain on the legacy of a character in order to mark his territory.

Don't fix what isn't broken. There was never any harm in keeping the Starks his natural born parents. Not only did Bendis fuck that up, he made one parent a Shield agent and the other a Hydra agent. For what purpose? For drama? This adds nothing except a Bendis trademark.

>Don't fix what isn't broken. There was never any harm in keeping the Starks his natural born parents
But Bendis wasn't the one that made Tony adopted. That was 100% Gillen. Gillen just never said who Tony's actual biological parents were so Bendis took that unfinished plotpoint and ran with it.

The point remains that it's an unnecessary alteration to a long-established character's background.