Spend good portion of first Batman arc shilling for upcoming event

>Spend good portion of first Batman arc shilling for upcoming event
>Event turns out incredibly disappointing

This honestly makes me retroactively like King's arc a lot less. I'd be a lot more fine with the long form storytelling if it didn't just fall apart part way through.

Other urls found in this thread:

batman-news.com/2016/09/21/batman-7-review/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I dunno. I liked it.

It has the same problem that Snyder had in that it thinks that bigger means better.

>This isn't your dad's monster men! Now they're 50 feet tall and the entire city is gonna be destroyed.

If you told me that Snyder plotted this I wouldn't be surprised at all.

event is good so far fuck off
>It has the same problem that Snyder had in that it thinks that bigger means better.
Lot of problem with Snyder books, but that's not a valid complaint seeing as all the events were his ideas and stemmed from his book. Most of the time, the crossover buildup was usually just like 1 page anyways.

>I can't believe they're portraying the monster men as monsters!

The hydra dude looked like fucking dog shit, they should've made them all horrible abominations like the babbymutant and the convict.

It does feel like it's taking its sweet time to get going. Hopefully Strange actually does something in part 3 and shit goes down because right now it feels like they came up with the concept, made a few cool splash pages, and then shoved in loads of filler.

sup Cred Forums

Kek way to have the patience of a child. It's only 5 issues total. Jesus Christ, did Snyder just ruin the concept of buildup for newfags? Batman arcs used to take 3-4 issues of setup before they'd even get rolling.

>Batman arcs used to take 3-4 issues of setup before they'd even get rolling.
>this is what the Post-Bendis-era of comic readers ACTUALLY BELIEVE
wew lad

>good portion of first Batman arc shilling for upcoming event

You mean like five panels in six issues?

>arcs used to take 3-4 issues of setup
decompresion is one of the many cancers killing comics

Better than Matt Wagner's T B H, love that blister baby.

>thinks decompression is the "old" norm
>calls others newfags

Give me one example of what you're describing that isn't Morrison's Epic.

>all this shit taste

Is this all it takes to impress Cred Forums now, just a bunch of big explosions and splash pages?

>Comparing this run to Snyder

No, fuck right off with this line of thinking. Snyder's "events" always over-promised with some greater understanding of the Joker/Batman relationship and some major shakeups to Batman's world.

His run always advertised the moon and under-delivered on the hype. Does Joker know Batman and his crew's identities? I'unno, maybe! Is Joker some kind of mystical creature that's been around for centuries? Probably not! Oh, and Death of the Family is more of a spiritual death of the family that future writers will ignore anyway, but thanks for the money. What truly changed in his run? Bruce Wayne adopted a black kid to run blood tests for him? Batman lost his memory for five minutes and got reborn with clear skin?

Tom King promises to bring an old-school villain back into the spotlight and monster fights. So far, he is meeting that bar just fine and I'm enjoying it greatly.

Our Score:
4/10

>Event

It's a fucking crossover

How is it possible to be this plebeian?

This book was shit but it didn't knock my socks off or anything. I thought it was kind of weird to make the monster a giant baby and then Batman was fighting a baby. (

I'm really looking forward to what's going to happen to Clayface when he's pushed past his limit and finding out if the red goop in the cave is going to transform the citizens. Hopefully it will do more than just making them aggro.

After reading this and Nightwing, how bad does DC want readers to buy Duke?

>Comparing this run to Snyder
The run as a whole definitely isn't as bad as Snyder's, but this event feels very similar to how the end of Superheavy felt.

Yup, no Babs or Damian, and they just keep pushing Duke the Ordinary Man.

>wanting Babs and Damian to shit up the book

It's weird to not see Batgirl in a major Batman event, and Batwoman arguably taking her spot in the "Trinity" of the Batfamily.

Well Babs is in China, but where the Hell is Damian? It was established in Nightwing that he's hanging out with Bruce in Gotham.

in teen titans

Batfamilyfags are the worst.
I hope all of you know this.

We can't have Batgirl in action crossovers, user. Haven't you been paying attention? Batgirl is now squarely for the use of grabbing the teen girl market and giving her a new love interest every arc.

King pls.Snyder dog and Larkey.

batman-news.com/2016/09/21/batman-7-review/
SCORE: 5. / 10
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I disagree. The only thing it has in common is the fight against a big monster. The inclusion of the Batfamily, the tone, the build-up, it's a very different beast.

Babs is proven to make books worse.

They gave a similar score to the Nightwing issue.

You're the best, Damifag

King fangirls Are the Worst .

Nope, batfamilyfags.

hahahahahhahahaah King sucks.Tell him to find Bruce a personality while hes at it.

Continue to run on your headcanons. Tumblr would probably be more appropriate for you.

It's literally supposed to be filler to help the regular writers keep up with the double-shipping schedule so I imagine they had a ~3 issue story that they decompressed as much as they could get away with. The art's nice at least.

Kingfags are the worst kind of fangirls...

hope the next writer after Snyder kills Duke and the rest of Snyder's OC's off for good.

I mean I liked it so good enough for me.

>>Event turns out incredibly disappointing
really? it's pretty cool to me
batman doesn't usually face off against large monsters outside of jla
and they're not like...cosmic invaders so it's still reasonable for them to fight
he's also tense because of tim's "death"
gotham girl's in her last days
dr. strange is a severely underutilized villain, and havingh im behind this makes great sense

what's disappointing about it?

The entire batfamily isn't having a loving orgy, apparently.

Why Do All These Homosexuals Keep Sucking Kings Cock? -

Duke ! Bruce dont stop sucking his black dick .

>Snyder

le Snyder boogeyman

Jesus the Snyder circlejerk. Snyder's run even with its problems is way better than this bland mediocrity. I know hating on Snyder has reached meme tie status but I still expect someone to be reasonable every now and then.

idunno man
Damian's out.
Nightwing's working for the court.
Tim's "dead."
Yet there's more and more women in the Batfamily all sad and looking to Bats for support.

Seems like it might be coming.

>Duke ! Bruce dont stop sucking his black dick .
He's literally making Duke stay in the house with the butler.

How does that not appease the racists?

Fuck off for even suggesting.

>mfw all the plebs itt

The story was created by King and Seeley but Batman 7 was Scripted by Seeley
Just read Vision. King continues to be great

>criticizing something else by calling it bland mediocrity while praising Bland Mediocrity: The Run
What kind of cognitive dissonance you got going on up in there?

Why? Do you have some sort of loser crush on a couple fictional characters? Are you going to cry if Batman plows them?

>replying to Damifag
Off yourself fampai

´SnyderS Bruce:: kisses Duke's ass!
Bruce ;Duke'Duke'Duke'Duke'Duke'Duke'Duke' fuck me please... right now!

I'm dying here senpai desu

All King so far has given is ebin meme moments that you can post on plebbit and Cred Forumsmbler. I guess Snyder didn't have enough of those.

Snyder's Bruce barely interacts with Duke, he's got a five page backstory in two issues where Batman only showed up in one, and nothing more.

Sorry, Orlando not Seeley

Start reporting that faggot.

Ahahahaha he's totally losing it
Jason>>>>>>>>Damian

´Batman = Duke ! Duke !Duke !Duke !

But I genuinely enjoy his nigh-illegible shitposting. Why would I want Damifag banned?

Your needs - Real Life .

>´Batman = Duke ! Duke !Duke !Duke !
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Batman is an idealistic cowardly pussy in ALL-STAR BATMAN #1

>upcoming event
It's an arc with a crossover, it's not a fucking event

SUCKS BLACK CUM!!!

this

Call it an event when it has its own mini and maybe some tie ins

I'll grant you King incorporates the Batfamily much better (ie, at all) but it just feels very similar when you just have everything getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger until it becomes a farce and entirely separated from what a Batman story shoulf feel like.

The original Monster Men story, as well as Wagner's remake, was a detective story first and foremost.

>The original Monster Men story, as well as Wagner's remake, was a detective story first and foremost.

And this is a kaiju disaster story.

Stopped pulling Kings batman after the first arc.

Read first 2 parts of monster men on Cred Forums and am glad I'm not paying for it.

Batman doesn't crack the top 5, possibly top 10 rebirth books and granted King's reputation that is a huge let down.

FWIW, what I consider undoubtedly better: Aquaman, Flash, Titans, Wonder Woman, Green Lanterns, Superman.

>ITT, baby's very first Batman crossover story.

I'd be interested in this event if we didn't already do this same story back in 2006.

It's also Season 2 of Gotham storyline.

The only similarities is that
>A) It's a Hugo Strange story
>B) It features "Monster Men"

That's literally it. Might as well cry every time Batman fights one of his iconic villains.

>That's literally it
So the entire story thus far?

If it was just filler, why did King keep talking about it in his debut arc?

Also, why did Batman never even begin to investigate the monster men thing. People killing themselves in the streets with a very obvious pattern whilst also shouting the exact same thing and Batman doesn't bother to even look into it.

he was busy with Gotham and Gotham Girl and the Colony

Gotham was only a problem in the last 1.5 issues. Gotham Girl wasn't an issue.

Because he was busy with Gotham and Gotham Girl, trying to find Psycho Pirate and fighting Kate's dad's black ops unit.

Damifag has entered a new plane of shitposting

If It's something that King's Batman has shown is that Batman is always busy.

My point is one is a Batman story and one isn't. If you just want stories about fighting giant monsters, then Batman shouldn't be where you look.

Why?

Your point is shit. Nothing but fanboy whining. With your logic characters like Killer Croc, Clayface, Solomon Grundy, etc. have no place in Batman because muh street level detective stories.

I get your point but this crossover is really just a filler

I kind of felt like the first arc already fell a part half way through.

Did anyone here actually like what they did with issue 4.

There's a difference between low level "bruisers" with some sort of deformation or unique ability, and city destroying monsters the size of a building. You really don't see how the tone doesn't at all fit with why people like Batman. I'm not saying everything has to be street level, but there is a consistent aesthetic to Batman stories that this strays away from. I had the same complain with the end of Snyder's Superheavy; you can't just come up with whatever sci-fi story you want, stick a bat logo on it, and have it work. At that point there's nothing to like about Batman other than a brand.

>I had the same complain with the end of Snyder's Superheavy;

So it's just a personal nitpick, not a fundamental misstep in the franchise. It's silly to complain about Batman fighting kaijus when last story was Batman fighting a Superman analogue that had to call in the League for help. And Clayface in particular is not a low level bruiser, there are multiple stories where he's a gargantuan monster wrecking down town.