World War Hulk Storytime

Welcome back Anons! Time to see Hulk wreck everything after the Marvel Universe went full retard in Civil War!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lZGurjqvs-c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For our purposes, we don't need to know anything about why this is happening outside what we're told in these first few pages.

I'm considering having Wendsday's storitimes at night every week. At the very least, it'll prevent people from thinking it's one of the current comics.

Did you HAVE to do that? I'm sure your ship could've dealt with that rubble.

>"Black Bolt's Master Blow can shatter your bones."

When was the last time he used that thing?

Do you think Black Bolt thinks about what he's going to say? I mean, he only gets out one word before everything dies, so he probably wants to sound cool for the people nearby.

I'll probably have to check some classic Inhumans stories to refresh my memory on the specifics of his vocal powers. I know it isn't sound-based, for instance.

You probably should have spoken before Hulk grabbed your arms, Black Bolt. You know, moray eels, death grip, that kinda stuff.

>When was the last time he used that thing?
Mid 90s

>"Director Stark, any truth to the rumors about a fight with She-Hulk?"

Unless it's just something Pak made up and got lucky, this is a reference to Slott's She-Hulk run where she flipped her shit at Tony for, you know, launching her cousin into space.

20 years ago? Damn, you'd think with Marvel trying to make Inhumans a big deal, someone would look up what one of the franchise's poster boys actually can do.

Then again, there's people who think Cyclops's eye beams can set things on fire, so the fuck do I know.

So is Brood actually a Brood, or is that just his name? I haven't read World War Hulk since before I knew the Brood were a thing.

Apparently enough people called horseshit on this that it was later revealed that Black Bolt was a Skrull.

I MEANT to say Planet Hulk, but I haven't read this in years either.

Did they create an artificial atmosphere there or am I supposed to just ignore basic science

>"His body's laced with some kind of cybernetic material."

This is back when Tony Stark had Extremis in his bloodstream. Among other things, it made him manipulate technology with his mind alone. I feel like Marvel really nerfed his tech down since then, because he's never seemed quite as advanced as that.

In case you're wondering why he doesn't have it now, we'll discover why later.

I dunno why this is PM IF related but it's awesome JRJR fights so can't complain

THEY didn't, but there is an area on the moon in the Marvel Universe that's habitable, it's called the Blue Area of the Moon. It's been around since Kirby's Fantastic Four, and it's where The Watcher used to live.

I don't believe Marvel cares enough about what its readers say to say to do that. Bendis just needed a way to set up secret Invasion, and the Inhuman mini from that led to War of King. It was probably retconned for thier convenience.

this is a great moment. Hell of a way to kick off the event

The next Heroes For Hire (where Misty Knight and Colleen Wing are main characters) issue starts a tie-in to this event. I figured out around Secret War that when the book has a tie-in to an event, I do the event in its entirety, and the next day I start the tie-in.

Was Medussa a Skrull too?

>Sentry with his long hair

Last we saw him, he still had it short. Of course, that was long enough that he could let it grow out.

Yeah, we'll get to back to New Avengers in a couple of days.

At this time, Peter was an unregistered superhuman, so SHIELD probably shouldn't be working with him casually. BUT Hulk just wrecked Black Bolt and is promising to wreck all of their shit, so they probably called a truce.

>He withstood Black Bolt's voice. Do you think your machines can stop him?

Doesn't he get beat by the satellite later anyway?

nope

Nope, but despite what 2013+ Marvel will tell you, Medusa is traditionally not exactly important. She's the Queen, but he's the King. Hell, CRYSTAL was more important than her, and she's barely done anything lately, which baffles me.

I dunno, maybe Marvel's legal team found out that Crystal counts as a Fantastic Four character? Best I can figure, anyway.

This is really heavy handed. If Hulk's angry at the Illuminati, why not confront them somewhere else?

I got halfway through saying "he doesn't know where they are" before remembering "Oh wait, they're ALL public people, most of which he knows exactly where they live."

Oh hey, Luke IS in this. That's good enough for me.

Well When story happens in a comic called Inhumans, Medusa is always more important than Crystal. Medusa just has never been more important than Black Bolt. They had their shot with post WoK Inhumans, Medusa being the sole ruler of the Inhumans and Kree, but they did nothing with it after realm of kings.

He wanted to expose and shame them, not just kick their asses.

Well Medusa was on the F4 for a long time to replace sue, so that can't be it.

That is silliest looking Hulkbuster armor.

I just realized, I actually bought the Jenkins Inhuman hardcover, and I still haven't read the damn thing.

I'll have to take care of that eventually.

How long? Because I know Crystal joined the team too, and was also known as one of Johnny Storm's bigger love interests.

How could he possibly shame them? Most everybody in the MU views Hulk as a public menace.

So do you think moneybags over here is going to pay for the damages? Or is his attitude "fuck it, they're probably insured"?

For starters, it's Marvel civilians, they turn on the heroes on a dime.
Secondly, it's the logic of "If even the HULK thinks they're monsters, they've gotta be REALLY bad."

Now I know what you're thinking Anons. Anti-Thanos missiles don't get invented for another decade.

Two years, Crystal was on it for four.

Worse than a big green monster who just said he wanted to level New York? Not a Hulk reader but I'm having a hard time finding the sympathetic angle here.

If you want to know who this woman is and why we should give a damn, read Planet Hulk.

I didn't say it was a GOOD plan, I just said it was probably the plan.
Although you'll rarely lose when you bet on Marvel Civilians being assholes.

So, has anyone done anything with Doc Samson since Bendis casually brought him back?

>Avengers Tower taken down

And then the rest of the Marvel Universe doesn't acknowledge that this happened, along with the rest of the damage to New York.

So has one of Iron Man's X-Buster armors ever actually busted what it was meant to bust?

By the way, in case you're curious, Professor X and Namor don't show up in this event. I don't remember how he knows Namor voted against it, but he tracked down Professor X at his mansion, and spared him when he saw the mass graves from after House of M.

>these characters
>this setting

Huh, shit. I guess we should have gotten to New Avengers sooner.

So going from classic 60's Strange to the guy in modern comics is king of baffling.

JRJR
R
J
R

probably not had time. maybe he'll help Jen

>Cage, Spider-Man, Ares, and Ms. Marvel all on the same panel

Yeah, I can only assume that "Hulk Truce" is explicitly in effect at this time, otherwise the two sides would be trying to avoid/capture the other.

>"No-Name of the Brood"

Oh, so he IS a Brood.
Also, going by the What If of this event, Thor was back at the time, but was in Africa helping people while this was happening.

Nnnnope.

>Brood
>Cut to Ms Marvel's eyes
>Kill Bill Siren.mp3

Oh Ares
I miss you

>"Careful, Ms. Marvel. Iron Man may have given her powers back, but we don't know whose side she's really on."

Yeah, there was a bit in either She-Hulk or Iron Man where Iron Man used SPIN technology to remove Jen's powers. I think it was in Iron Man, because Slott came up with some nonsense about alternate universe tourists to explain continuity issues.
It makes as little sense as it sounds.

Never read world war hulk, heard about it so glad you're storytiming it. Really surprised they chose Romita to do the art, I think he's great at doing street level stuff (Kick Ass, Daredevil) but not great at the fantastic and outlandish.

Read Contest of Champions user.

Okay, read this first, and THEN read Contest of Champions.

He also was part of JMS's Spider-Man for a bit.

>Jen...
>It's brood.....i have to

>come the team-on team fight, Carol IMMEDIATELY blasts the Brood

It's like they know...

>"Maybe we can't beat them."

Aw, that's not the Brood-murdering machine I remember...

Ok There is a brood, a skrull, and Carol in a room. Which one does Carol kill first?

>Storm and Black Panther

Yeah, we Hudlin now, unfortunately.

>tfw he ruined your ship by shipping it

Yeah I one hundred percent take back what I said here after reading this, wow.

You'd have to go into a Carol thread to ask, but assuming she just doesn't shoot them both at the same time, one laser hand for each, I figure she'll go for the Brood first. Unlike her Skrull hatred, which is mostly from being part Kree, her hatred of the Brood is a personal hatred. they captured and experimented on her.

Glad to see it changed your mind.

>the two rock guys have to fight

That's racist!

christ what an asshole

>ROCKY!
Seriously, Ben? SERIOUSLY?

Pot I'd like to introduce you to kettle.

So how come Storm sometimes able to make lightning from her own body? I mean, besides the obvious "other writers have done it", it seems like that is unrelated to manipulating the weather.

something something electromagnetic energy

Remember when Ben used to be able to fight the Hulk?

Why are warbound so strong? I know the one guy inherited Hulk's dead girlfriends powers but the rest were weak in planet hulk.

Can't sue just place a force field in his body?

Even Hulk wasn't that much stronger than them. Even the weakest should make Spider-Man look like a chump, for instance.

What, and ruin the plot?

jr you god, is it just me or does is this written well (aside from stark, obviously)

I really dig how she hulk tries to actually speak to him

It has a big problem with Hulk wank. So far, nothing unreasonable, but just wait.

>I really dig how she hulk tries to actually speak to him
How far the standards have fallen in Hero vs. Hero events that this is a statement that can be said as a genuine compliment.

It would have been more effective if it had actually given Hulk pause for half a second, and didn't just result in him going "pssh nothin personal" like he has to literally everything in this event.

Yeah I think it's more a case for how bad current events are moreso than how good this is, but aside from She Hulk I really dug how Strange acted throughout this.

So is Reed traditionally this hard to seriously hurt? I mean, I feel like he shouldn't be able to still be moving after a blow from the Hulk.

>A light and a hologram

Fucking really?

Are you fucking for real, Reed?

Hulku ain't got time for bitches.

You know, until the end.

>"Reed synthesized your energies, tried to calm the Hulk down."

See, there's more to it than a massive flashlight.

Actually he did have time for a bitch, then they blew her the fuck up. Hence the predicament Earths heroes currently find themselves in.

Sue would later go on to be capable of stopping attacks from celestials, because super power creep.

>an entire hoarde of civilians who really did side with Hulk

See? Hulk was right, they really did turn.

>"Cap's dead."
>that pause

Nice moment, although I don't know if Hulk actually knows Cap well enough for him to have that pause.

Didn't she already damage a Celestial with her force fields by now? If anything, Hulk's the one getting power creeped.

God damn it Strange! Read the mood!

>those silhouettes
>that sash and skirt

Yay Herc

iirc she hurt one by being inside it and hitting it directly in the brain. But later she stands toe to toe with them blocking direct hits.

>Hercules, Namora, Angel, Cho

I remember reading that this team was originally going to be a revival of the original Champions team, but Marvel later decided against it. that ended up being the origin of the Hercules and Cho team-up, by salvaging what they could with the premise. At least I THINK that's what it was, it's been a while.

It still blows my mind how Planet Hulk was so fucking good, and then World War Hulk was so fucking awful.

Yeah Ross, because you have SUCH a good track record of fighting the Hulk, don't you?

Right, I assumed she had already done that by this point. Like I said, this book has the big problem with Hulk, while being the STRONGEST character in Marvel, is far from the most powerful.

Your Doing Gods work op.

It shouldn't. Planet Hulk was a pretty self-contained story with Hulk being the only pre-existing character, and is generally acting in-character.
Here, we have to spend the entire event waiting for the Sentry to get out of his damn house, or wonder why Strange doesn't teleport Hulk to the peaceful garden planet they WANTED to send him to the first time.

How is he even still a commander? He's wasted so many resources on the hulk at this point

So I never read old Hulk stories. Oldest I got to was PAD's run. Are these references to things that actually happened?

>why Strange doesn't teleport Hulk to the peaceful garden planet they WANTED to send him to the first time

Wait....why doesn't he just....do...that? And keep doing that forever.....Surely there are more plants in the universe than rage in the Hulk right? Eventually he would stop trying to come back? Right?.....

COMMANDER? Going by his hat, he's a four-star General.

Any time user.

>hulks defeated the strongets heros known to man, and wiped out basically yhre entire avengers team by this point

>hur dur, time fer tha military. Our boolets and tanks will surely stop him!

Tony asks him that in the first issue, and he responds "we created this problem, so we must solve it," with the logic that if they did, he'd tear someone else's world apart and come back even stronger."

Remember, there's TWO Avengers teams now. Hulk and his team wrecked them both, AND the Fantastic Four.

Has the part happened yet where Hulk crushes Stranges hands?

>"He's stopped fighting! He's going down!"

You just know he thinks his bullets and crap FINALLY worked.

No, but this is that issue.

. . . I mean, I guess that's logical? But like... does some no-name planet with only some small semblance of life REALLY more important than THE EARTH? Whose heroes have stopped THE END OF THE UNIVERSE AS WE KNOW IT HUNDREDS OF TIMES?

Like 'I get it.' but at same time...'wut'?

>this entire page

Fuck, I love when Strange shows off just how much stronger he is than basically everyone else. It doesn't happen often enough to be annoying, but when it does?

Ever four-stars can be ordered to a desk detail, the user was wondering why the civilian leadership still feels that he was capable of being given a COMMAND over another military force.

So it's heroic to fuck over some other planet with less living things because "earth is more important"?

The idea seems to be that Strange just doesn't want to jepordize other life, especially sentient life.
That said, the issue would be solved it Bruce just teleported each of the Warbound to a different planet, and let the ship on Earth. Hard to get back to Earth if you don't have a ship.

Well, that pilot definitely bit it.

Remember, he never killed anyone. SUPER MATH BRAIN!

I mentioned that he has four stars because, when he first appeared, he had less. Motherfucker got a PROMOTION since he started his vendetta.

>that color change

What is even the point of that?

>"And I've got you"

Remember, this is all in their heads.

>Strange's real hands are broken too

And this is one of the most infamous bits of this entire events. People who like this event, try to explain this.

How did Hulk break his hands? Remember, now only was Strange in his astral form, it was a fight entirely in the Hulk's mind.

>If we make the tanks bigger, then he can't POSSIBLY destroy it!

Those tanks are stupidly fucking huge.

Can you imagine getting out from your heavily armored tank and firing at the Hulk with infantry firearms? Maybe it's because I'm not a soldier, but I wouldn't even IMAGINE doing that. I'd sooner face desertion.

B'cuz Hulk iz da biggest and da Strongest!

Ross firing at him from a tank makes sense, because when it comes to the Hulk, he's crazier than the Sentry and Norman Osborn combined.

And that's why Faora will never smirk at you as shoves her Kryptonian dagger in between your ribs.

Enjoy your dying of old age covered in your own feces.

as we see here Hulk can't touch his ass. I guess they were trying to say he stopped being astral when her turned normal color, but his body is clearly not there.

maybe when he looks real the projection is like a stand, you hurt the projection you hurt the user.

and the xmen, let not forget what he did to the xmen in this whole thing. glorious.

>gets right in the Hulk's face and shoots him in the eye

Dude's nuttier than Dorren Green's shit, but he's got colossal adamantium balls.

i know strange is strong but how exactly could he KILL hulk? cant he regen from a drop of blood or some shit? i dont think any magic spell he has is as physically powerful as a nuke and hulk eats those. send him to some hell dimension? he'll fight his way right out of it. he's fought and beat reality warpers before.

>Sentry just chilling around in Vermont

WHY is he in Vermont again? Hasn't he been living in Avengers tower? Did he just decide to fuck off when he heard the Hulk was coming?

Strange has some stupidly OP feats. He once matched Adam Warlock with the Infinity Gauntlet for a brief period, by using all of his various mystic artifacts.

That's in a different mini, which I won't actually be storytiming.

HOW THE FUCK IS THAT DUMBASS STILL ALIVE

I can only figure he's actively trying tyo keep him alive for now.

Cause he's Thunderbolt Ross motha' fucka'.

So after Civil War, Doctor Strange basically sided with the anti-reg side, and had that team of Avengers use the Sanctum Santorum as a headquarters. He then faked it so that it looked like he sold it to Starbucks and then fucked off (Tony thought it was bullshit and had every mystic he could find try to prove it's not, but none of them could prove it).

Oh hey, Danny gets to be a badass for a bit. Going by his outfit, this is still before Immortal Iron Fist.

Strange is boasting about doing all of this shit, but he actually can't without becoming tainted himself and losing a ton of protective spells. He had to kill people before to save the world in the shuma gorath arc but he was then unable to use any white magic.

And going by that stutter, he won't get to STAY a badass for this series.

>taken out with one punch

I don't know what I was expecting, but god damn it, I was hoping he'd get at least one page's worth of fighting.

Damn, I haven't actually read the original Shuma-Gorath arc. I got to that series, but I just finished with that first issue with Nightmare.

>"Zom must live once more."

You know how I said I haven't read much Doctor Strange? I HAVE read Zom's first appearance. Strange frees Zom to beat Umar, and then to stop Zom from destroying the world, he does something that results in the Living Tribunal's first appearance, where he says Strange done fucked up and if he doesn't fix it, he'll have to destroy Earth.

>this characterization of Miek

Remember this for later.

I guess the reason it's working better this way is because he's only channeling Zom instead of summoning his physical form to wreck shit.

This took place while Bush was still in office, in case you want to put a picture to who this guy is supposed to be.

>the glowing appears in his back

So did he just fucking impale him?

>that blood

Yep, he was.

>God hates Sorcerers sign

>Strange impales him AGAIN

i had totally forgotten this strange fight

SCHLORF

Also, Strange goes from wanting to be peaceful no matter what, and taking due punishment, to summoning a literally hellbeast into himself

The Strange fight is half the freaking issue!

He was never about taking the punishment though?

I meant like my memory of WWH, the other fights stick more. part of it i think is the ending of this is the memorable part to me

And here we see Hulk 100 crack fisting all up in Strange's shit.

Hulkuto Hyakuretsuken!

Is it weird that I want a Rick Jones anthology series? Each issue is Rick using the tech of Z-List villain who hasn't appeared in years (like how he was in the New Avengers Standoff tie-ins) who meets with a new hero ever issue?

Yeah, I forget how to spell it. I would've made a JoJo joke, but that would just take over the thread.

Hulk_za_warudo.png

And someone else made it for me, even if it's not the right reference.

I actually couldn't get my mind around Jojo and Stands until someone described it to me in Ditko terms

Okay, now describe them to me.

You know, there's that picture of Hulk wearing The World, I thought it was the most appropriate reference.

>that top role

Oh hey, remember when Silent War was a thing? Given that Inhuman prejudice is probably a thing in their books, you'd think that would come up.

It's like Shade the Changing Man's thing.

Okay, did he just keep that monster in his ship the whole time?

>I wanted my uncle to have an actual funeral.

Lady if Black Bolt said anything you wouldn't live to hear it.

>Mr. Fantastic doing the heavy lifting

Okay, with Strange's magic not working and Tony's armor being gone, it makes sense, but Black Bolt should be wrecking this thing.

They couldn't even get anything bad on Strange except for something he did like two minutes ago. Sheesh.

>Black Bolt only finishing it off

I think the thing that makes World War Hulk garbage is that Hulk doesnt win. All this build up is for nothing, and everything returns to status quo.

What would you try to use, user?

>Black Bolt using the spear instead of any of his other powers
Why? He's the only one that can use his normal stuff. Was it for tension?

>"Not even the Silver Surfer could fight his obedience disk."

So I vaguely remember watching bits of the Planet Hulk movie, where it was Beta Ray Bill in his place for that scene. Was there any reason mentioned for it?

>The Inhumans didn't try to save BB or even come to earth
I mean they would have failed like everyone else, but you'd think they would have tried.

It's been forever but I think there was a reason.

And now we're finding out what that conversation in Issue 1 was.

Fox owns Silver Surfer.

I think it's in the tie ins. not sure.

Seriously, this whole conflict with his agoraphobia wouldn't be an issue if he was in his Watchtower. Then he could've just taken out Hulk while he was smashing the Hulksmasher, in the comfort of his own home.

but reed was fine youtube.com/watch?v=lZGurjqvs-c

"The producers changed Silver Surfer, who was in the original comic story, to Beta Ray Bill for two reasons. The first was because Beta Ray Bill fit within the story better. The other was that they would have had legal problems getting the Silver Surfer. The character's rights are currently held by 20th Century Fox. Bill also fit in since he is an alien that travels the cosmos."

I forgot how little of Reed we could see. I guess you could pass in a court of law that it wasn't REALLY reed?

He was a silhouette and unnamed. Silver Surfer would need to be seen/named and have to participate in a fight.

>Strange manages to cast SOME kind of spell

>Strange and BB just on fire

>"He's taken over the Death's head guards!"

Remember when I mentioned various abilities he had thanks to Extremis? Technopathy was one of the abilities he used.

>And he burned his sons as an offering in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, and used fortune-telling and omens and sorcery, and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the LORD, provoking him to anger.

>2 Chronicles 33:6

He totally does.

And instead we're getting a lot of Reed and Tony.

>Sentry finally leaves in the last page of the second-to-last issue

For fuck's sake, Bob...

Last issue Anons! And it's the longest one yet, damn it...

I'm hype
Nobody ever storytimes this

You can never depend on someone ELSE to storytime something user. Be proactive with storytimes! If you need help getting the files, that's what the Win-O is for.

>"No one on your planet has died by our hands."

You heard him Anons, nobody died!

Look, I can see their parachutes!

Nigger, read some Strange, he blew up a universe before.

Vision has stuck again!

I fucking hate this story, it could and should have been great, instead it's shit. And Hulk's characterization is garbage.

And those tanks? Automated, obviously.

And everyone in Madison Square Garden is now dead.

Look, I can see their parachutes!

>"You don't want this fight, Sentry."
>"God help me, I do. Because you're the only one I can hit like this."

Strange literally used an innocent newborn baby as a bomb to take down a den of cultists during that shuma gorath story. He did all sorts of shady shit back in the day. Bendis doesn't actually research any of the magic characters he uses though. His hate boner for Strange and Wanda is legendary.

Hulk only said none of HIS people would kill anyone. That claim can still be true if Sentry does it.

I guess it's not really common knowledge.
The fact that civilians know that Clor exists is also strange.

>His hate boner for Strange and Wanda is legendary.

Oh, and we're getting into his Doctor Strange pretty soon too, this should be good.

Fuck everything about this.

>people are literally siding with fucking alien invaders over heroes that have saved them countless lives
You know, i'm starting to see why Doom is considered a villain when his main goal is saving humanity. Humanity in Marvel is irredeemable garbage. Look at this fucking hippy whore judging Strange. You stupid slut, you'd be a sex toy for the Mindless Ones if it weren't for him.

>Sentry going fucking nuts on Hulk
>All with a smirk

Better than when Bendis writes him, at least.

Sometimes people genuinely don't understand how stupid Marvel Civilians are. Like, they will actively hate and distrust the heroes, while siding WITH the bad guys.

Remember the time Luke wanted to get the fuck out of the Gem because the civilians actively sided with Chemistro against Luke Cage in Busiek's run of Power Man and Iron Fist?

Notice we haven't seen Doctor Strange or Black Bolt in a while? They must still be on fire.

>VJJJWOMMMMWWWWWB
What did they mean by this

>"You have to tell me something. Does it always feel this good when you finally let go?"

So this is basically Sentry going full supervillain?

Let it go
Let it go

I'll keep my thoughts on the movie to myself, but show anyone who criticizes Man of Steel for having a lot of collateral damage this event. They'll probably lose their damn minds.

>oh no, hulks going to burn the city to the ground with his space ship! We have to stop him!

>quick send in Sentry to burn the city to the ground to stop the hulk!

Basically, yes.

The entire event is garbage and pure Hulkwank, why does this one thing surprise you?

I'd actually like to hear your thoughts on the movie

I enjoyed everything to do with every character except Superman, really. Zod top to bottom was perfect, loved his lackeys and the design of Krypton. If Superman had some personality aside from brooding it would've made that movie god tier imo.

I want CWII to end like this but with Carol and She-Hulk. And then we never see Carol again.

Whatever did happen to the Hulk after the end of this anyway?

Carol hasn't transformed like this since the 70's.

Oh Somebody finally extinguished BB and strange.

You'd have to ask someone who's read a lot of Hulk. I think Loeb's Hulk run starts after this.

Miek, the fuck are you thinking?

>Then again, there's people who think Cyclops's eye beams can set things on fire, so the fuck do I know.
I just chalk it up to intense heat from the friction of his punch beams.

>"Miek was your first friend! You can't0"
>"No, RICK was the first."

Okay,, so he knew what he was doing. The fuck?

Brood is a Brood. But he's either sterile or hasn't had much opportunity to do the usual Brood thing.

world war hulk ruins planet hulk by retconning things to that Miek set us up the bomb

For t3h LuLz

What was the original implication for who did the bomb again?

We get signal, Satan

And now time for max Hulk wank. The following scenes are what everyone goes to in Hulk vs. threads.

>one step

>"Two more steps like that, Mr. President, and we lose the eastern seaboard."

Two of the biggest brains in Marvel and THIS is the plan they come up with. Sic the crazy superpowered tweaker who's friend with the guy trying to waste them.

What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

Wait he gets even more powerful ?

Originally there was no bomb. It was just the warp core going critical on its own after damage from the crash at the beginning of Planet Hulk.

There were kids climbing all over the ship because there was a big celebration going on in the city. Some kid probably turned the ship on by pressing things on a control panel and the video loop started playing again, while the damaged warp core tried to start up. Hulk just assumed that Reed and company rigged it to explode to try and kill Hulk.

The step thing never makes sense.He clearly didn't put any force into it, and even if he did it would have created a crater or something.

His mere STEPS threaten to take out the eastern seaboard, user.

Hey, Bruce?
How about fuck you? This is all your fucking fault. They could have killed you in a hundred ways, but they felt sorry for you.

Well every other plan just made him angrier. And the madder Hulk gets the stronger he gets.

Except they could have killed him in a number of ways. Unless you actually believe Reed with prep can't make Hulk his bitch, in which case i feel extremely sorry for you.

Didn't Hulk cause the crash himself? Knocked it off course when it was meant for an uninhabited planet.

Reed AND Doctor Strange. But as has been said, the main problem with this event is the massive Hulk wank, which would lead one to believe that no, Prep Time Reed wouldn't be enough, as we saw.
Just because common sense would tell you that's wrong, doesn't mean the story plays out that way.

I honestly forget. I dont remember if the ship went off in the wrong direction on its own, or if hulk broke the controls and sent it off course.

Oh yeah, it's totally Hulk's fault the Illuminati black bagged him and stranded him on the wrong fucking planet.

Then blew it up. Because Reed can't fucking make safe autopiloting space craft in the current fucking year.

Apparently the plan they end up coming up with here is "really big laser". After all the buildup, that sounds like it shouldn't work.

>big laser doesn't drill a hole to the planet's core
Wew

And strange even said it wouldn't work because it wasn't as strong as Black Bolt's voice.

JRJRkjcssss

This is literally seconds after one of his own friends admitted that the explosion was a bomb set to kill him.
It's only their fault in the sense that his enemies wouldn't have been able to kill him if the Illuminati didn't send him to that planet.

Remember when Blackbolt losing to the hulk was revealed to be a skrull so marvelfags don't sperg out at the inconsistency...

Wonder what excuse Marvel made whenever Blackbolt jobbed against Thanos.

I mean keep in mind this is the guy who can rip a large hole in spacetime if he REALLY screamed.

>This is really heavy handed. If Hulk's angry at the Illuminati, why not confront them somewhere else?
Because nothing says "Fuck you." like beating up a bunch of guys while wasting their hometown.

Strange should have raped him in a random encounter. A lot of character had to be written out or job HARD for this event, and that's why i hate it.

Someone should storytime the What if? Story of Planet Hulk.

Dude, it's fucking Thanos. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Wow, they made REALLY sure Bruce wasn't able to escape. I mean, they failed because comics, but they put in an honest effort.

Yeah Reed originally was kinda unstoppable but they powered him down over the years where he relied on his brains more than his powers. Completely ignoring the fact he was basically a super powered version of your classic action scientist archetype from the 50s.

Whatever yoru powerlevel, losing to Thanos isn't exactly jobbing.

And that's it for Planet Hulk Anons! Tomorrow night we'll finish up Heroes for Hire! See you Anons then!

Jesus, Greg, you're really going for a world record deep-throat here.

what

>Wonder what excuse Marvel made whenever Blackbolt jobbed against Thanos.
They actually had a bit right at the end where they said BB was nerfed after bomb. I don't have that page but here is one from later on.

Thanks OP

If OPis a fag is done its time for a what if.

>dat Old Spice shilling

>Brood calls dibs on Carol
>and Jessica

Here it is

>implying Simon couldnt solo

Things are about to get spicy.

>Implying Hulk wouldn't spend ALL of his ample free time building rage powered Spaceships to get back home.

>this page always triggers marvel fans something fierce

Ross isn't the most..level headed man in the military, where Hulk is concerned. He's got a bit of an ahab complex.

And thats how World War Hulk ends in my headcanon.

Because using Sentry is as idiotic as using Strange himself, to normal-level events they're walking plot-devices. Written correctly they'd end this mess in seconds, but yay, time for Hulk-wank.

>How did Hulk break his hands? Remember, now only was Strange in his astral form, it was a fight entirely in the Hulk's mind.
Have you SEEN the shit that goes on in Hulk's mind?

Can someone do the What If? Where he lands on the intended planet?

Same way Professor X offed Shadow King during their telepathic duel. What happens to you while you're in somebody's head affects your body on the outside.

Did bomb explode cause Hulk smushed it in rage after seeing symbol on it?

Strange beat the In-Betweener. Who fought Galactus to a standstill.

I think writer just used same idea from Matrix.

If one dies in matrix he dies in real world from the same wounds as well, cause he believes in that world too much.

Same here. Cause, it's ridiculous Strange let his guard down around Hulk so quick.

this t b h

Sorta what happens when you try to talk things over like reasonable adults and the green shitwick breaks your fucking hands.

This world has many amazing power sources. They can built working huge tanks.

>he can't kill the hulk

that's where you're wrong kid

>slapping
>smirking

and people say Sentry was serious here

Honestly it makes Hulk look really bad. He didn't kill anybody despite the few moments were he clearly did, he still beat the fuck out of innocent people that weren't in the illuminati and planned to destroy the entire city, which the citizens wanted for some reason. He tortured them and that part where they fought each other could have ended with one of them killing each other, and that would entirely be his fault. You can say he had enough faith in them to know they would pull their punches but he still believed that they tried to kill him with the ship so he couldn't be certain they were above killing each other.

But as a bonus you get to see him kick the shit out of all the x men.

>It became necessary to burn down New York in order to save it.

Whatever about Strange, The Sentry literally can't die like that. These What Ifs can be so retarded.

Does anyone have the What If Thor was around for WWH? Literally best possible end for all involved.

Well alternate Sentries vary in power. Some were killed by King Hyperion for example. It's 616 that's this freaking cosmic anomaly (now more than ever)

I think it's garbage cause Hulk and his bunch acts like retards and nobody can really root for them.

All i want while reading this is someone to kill whole bunch of nobody'es and put hulk away until next time.

>Remember this for later.
Yep, the cop out ending.

>Use power to override the disks.

And why he didn't do it?

His cat sat on his keyboard.

They just couldn't have the 'heros' make a mistake.
Had to have Miek be the fall guy.

This.

>and lose my soul forever

shut the fuck up

Hulk beating magic is retarded. Dropped.

>VJJJWOMMMVVVVVV8

Not bad, but nowhere near as good as BATHROOM.

>SCKA SCKA SCKA SCKA SCKA SCKA SCKA SCKA

scka scka five dorrah, me love you long time

HE IS GOING SUPER SAIYAN THREE

>J-J-JERKSSSSSSS

>implying Sentry did anything wrong

This event is an unbearable Hulk-wank beyond all measure