Kingsman is Cred Forums, right?

Kingsman is Cred Forums, right?

I mean it's based off Millar's The Secret Service.

This movie is a trip when you watch it the first time

But after the 2nd or 3rd time you realize that this movie is really fucked up

Is Matthew Vaughn's entire job in life just to better adapt Miller's shit comics?

It wasn't apparent from the get-go?

I loved how casually evil the villain was.

Someone has to save us from Mark Millar.

I just realized I typed Miller instead of Millar, time for fucking beeeed

Matthew Vaughn's entire life is to be poor man's Edgar Wright

The church scene is the greatest filmed fight I've ever seen. That had to be mostly CGI.

The whole plot is just maximum 15-year-old edge.
>all authority figures on the planet are actually evil
>then all their heads explode

>all authority figures on the planet are actually evil

anal IS evil

>anal IS evil

Why would it have to be CGI? There wasn't any particularly impressive stunts, for the most part, that would require it, and there were obvious cuts close to every 5 seconds to make it easy to film as many takes of each segment as they need/want.

This movie is truly odd to me. I hate Millar. I hate his edgelordy bullshit. I hate billionaires and the idea of private unaccountable task-forces like this. I pirated this movie and I wanted to hate it, I was looking for excuses to turn it off.

But I loved it, against my will. I think it's because it's trying to ape the oldschool james bond movies and compared to the brand name james bond movie it was way more fun because james bond fucking sucks now.

It's like, remember how GTA used to be Zany and fun, and then IV came out and was all serious and shitty and boring so saints row blew up when people left to find the fun? This was like this. I'm tired of james bond being a dull cinderblock who's only spy gadget is fucking wi-fi. I want ridiculous shit like laser pens and cowboy boot guns. I want enemies that have exotic pets and psychotic plans with the resources to effect them.

This was the GotG for shitty oversexed crass action movies

>I wanted to hate it, I was looking for excuses to turn it off.
I walked into the theater with the same expectations. Blown away.

The cast for the sequel is ridiculous.

>Julianne Moore
>Halle Berry
>Pedro Pascal
>Channing Tatum
>Jeff Bridges
>Firth coming back

Talking about stacking the deck in your favor, goddamn.

Tatum gives me pause, but whatever. Besides, it's not like the first one wss bereft of talent.

>Edgar Wright
>not Guy Ritchie

>Tatum gives me pause, but whatever

If it's funny Tatum and not boring action-hero Tatum, we should be good.

> Besides, it's not like the first one wss bereft of talent.

Oh sure, but that's just a lot of high-profile talent at once.

I demand more of this CUTIE. Women in suits are my fetish.

I was surprised to see Strong not play a bad guy, specially considering how the comic unfolds.

That was some A+ twist casting, imo.

She's coming back.

I was so fucking glad that she wasn't a romance. The film didn't have time for that nonsense, and making them buddies was just so refreshing. And she even got her own little character arc to resolve and everything.

Casting him as a badass action-hero version of Q was pretty inspired.

>She's coming back.
Neat
>I was so fucking glad that she wasn't a romance. The film didn't have time for that nonsense, and making them buddies was just so refreshing. And she even got her own little character arc to resolve and everything.
So true.

No way dude, Stardust, Kick-Ass, First Class were all excellent

I'm really curious about the direction they're taking him in the sequel, since he's been filming with those green CGI covers for his legs.

>She's coming back.
>sequel
Really?
Is Vaughn still directing?

Yeah, and writing.

This isn't a Kick-Ass 2 situation.

Guy Ritchie is the poor man's Guy Ritchie most of the time.

Hell, if Ritchie had done Layer Cake, it would have very likely been a worse movie.

Ritchie might be the only director where becoming a faceless studio slut has actually improved his work.

Both Sherlock Holmes movies and Man From UNCLE are better then anything he did after Snatch. Stripping him of his ability to actually make any real creative decisions and just keeping him as a stylish, solid workman director might be the best option for him.

Well, what ruined him was Madonna. Just like pop music.

>Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Great
>Snatch
Great
-------------------Madonna Line-----------------
>Swept away
Legendary shit
>Revolver
Interestingly shitty
-------------------Madonna Line---------------------
>Rock n' Rolla
Meh