No Gorillaz thread?

No Gorillaz thread?
New albums supposed to be revealed tomorrow, whats the theme and whats it called? Place ya bets.

Other urls found in this thread:

orig04.deviantart.net/72c1/f/2012/137/a/1/gorillaz___rise_of_the_ogre_150_by_vey_kun-d506ae3.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=ucpOQYJICYI
instagram.com/p/BKrgfW3AKV1/
nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/new-gorillaz-album-release-date-tour-dates-and-everything-else-you-need-to-know
youtube.com/watch?v=6wUX4qUwYpI
youtube.com/watch?v=Lsl28RkPso8
instagram.com/666verified/
youtube.com/watch?v=j3w8hnSXJI4
youtube.com/watch?v=f7IxiM5y3Ec
youtube.com/watch?v=bhiGOnf_Fx8
mega.nz/#F!AZIwXZJQ!aO1eRhiOH_g75ItzUf-mkA
youtube.com/watch?v=SZ3D7WUDDkA
boards.Cred
youtube.com/watch?v=yYDmaexVHic
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm sure we'll get a traditional 2D themed album since The Fall was so...well, I don't consider it a full studio album.

Can we please get a reprint of Rise of the Ogre already?

As much as it would be nice to not spend hundreds on a book, I don't think we will get a reprint anytime soon.

What do you mean by reveal?

They set up an instagram account and updated the rest of the social media and the website. They also have been making posts each day for each phase, and the most recent phase is today, so most people are speculating we are getting a full reveal of phase 4 tomorrow.

Ikr? But it could be Saturday for all we know. Remember that The Fall sort of counts as a major album. I don't see The Fall being an major album, but some people do.

>tfw you still own your copy
never selling it
its in good condition too

>No Condom
Can Noodle be trusted?

Not gonna make a bet about the theme. Just know its gonna be good and that im ready for it

I do hope that it is a more (can I call a Gorillaz album traditional?) album. I was disappointed by The Fall.

Is there a compiled chronological list of all the Gorillaz media? I have Rise of the Ogre laying around on my hard drive somewhere but I'd have no fucking clue what order to be watching videos in

WELL I AM,

It's going to be phase 1 again, And i'm going to be 1000% okay with that.

it's kinda frightening how attractive Noodle has gotten since Plastic Beach

I bet that
Hydrogen will be the album's name

She sure has.

I also have this one.

The Fall was pretty experimental even for a Gorillaz album. I liked some bits, but it hard to consider it a real album.

I mean wasn't it just cobbled together while they were on tour?

Made off an iPad as well.

She is 26 now fyi

All things considered, pretty good. But I wouldn't say it was a major album. Maybe even a step below G &D sides.

>When you're the same age as Noodle
Really though I'm just hoping to finally catch them on tour.

>We won't get Sea-Sides because The Fall was the Phase 3 equivalent
Fug

I feel like whatever they do the "plot"'s going to be fairly unambitious. Plastic Beach was a mistake.

The only mistake from Plastic Beach was not having a poppy enough song to get some radio airtime. And that's only really a mistake in a marketing sense.

Also anybody else suprised to have heard DARE getting some airtime these past couple of years?

The mistake with Plastic Beach was making an elaborate story plan with no way to quickly wrap it up built in, and failing to budget right so they ran out of money halfway.

So how come she's the only one that ages?

Superfast Jellyfish?

2D is aging thanks to Murdock swapping organs with him, or something like that.

>When you're the same age as Noodle
man I started crushing on her hard once I realized that fact about a year after Plastic Beach came out

something tells me that we didn't get a Sea-Sides(or P-Sides, either name works) was more for financial reasons than anything to directly do with The Fall(like how we never got a proper video for Rhinestone Eyes)

also while there's nothing official, there's several fan compilations in the vein of a P-Sides, have three of them downloaded in my Gorillaz collection in fact

the others age too, it's just not as noticeable as they were all adults when Gorillaz started

Wow thanks user, I just clicked on this thread knowing about as much as the user that asked the question in that picture. This is all so crazy to be learning about, I wish I'd looked into it sooner.
Is there a similar list to this that shows what order all the songs and other content for the plot goes in? The picture mentioned like a book and some online game aswell as just the songs

The Fall's nice to play when you're driving down the street at night.

orig04.deviantart.net/72c1/f/2012/137/a/1/gorillaz___rise_of_the_ogre_150_by_vey_kun-d506ae3.pdf

Found this a few years ago. Don't say I never did nothing for Cred Forums.

Why Jamie don't go back to comics already?

Fucking Damon don't make a truly good album in decades by now

Use your talent for the greater good, goddammit!

Plastic Beach was good, though.

Uh have you listened to albarns solo album from a couple years ago during the gorillaz hiatus? If the new gorillaz album is comparable to that it'll be goat

Is he doing the art for this next album? I hope so, im studying his style for a project this year and some new stuff would be great

I don't know what the fuck you're talking about, Plastic Beach was great. Not as good as Demon Days, but it's up there.

they need to make another book like this with the events that happened more recently.

I'm not sure that the book canon really lines up with everything else now, though. It might just end up a mess.

> responding to it

I just want to know if he's doing the art for this next album

> gorillaz self named album is about the band finally finding recognition and making it big
>demon days is about how the fame has ultimently made them worst off and they can't enjoy making music any more
>plastic beach they try to rekindle what it was they loved about being in the band together and run off to be among friends

Is that more or less they gist of gorillaz lore

The more I listen to it the less I like it.
It's a repetitive ("Overload, overload, overload, overload" etc.), messy and out of focus sound. Too many different styles and artists getting all over the place. To get things worse, monotonous Damon voice and shoehorned lyrics about environment pollutes every single track on the album, with few exceptions.
Holy fuck, his solo album was a borefest. Every single track sounds the same, taking out the different beats gimmick
Yes, he is.
See first one
>How dare you disike it!!!1! it must be b8 m8!

I thought that was the point of the album, to be a weird mix of styles varying from rap to pop to everything in-between, to mirror the idea that Plastic Beach the album was made of different parts just like the real Plastic Beach. Also, it sounds like you barely got into Gorillaz, so your opinion is immediately shit and discarded. Come back when you've listened to PB for at least 5 years.

check his Instagram, he's already posted a lot of new art there.

I don't know about you but i quite enjoyed damon's solo album. And Magic Whip was fucking amazing. So i'm optimistic that the next album will be good, And if it is to be true. Liam Bailey will be bring some soul into the album.

>Come back when you've listened to PB for at least 5 years.

I've been listening to Plastic Beach since March 3, 2010 and I can say unequivocally that half the album is absolute garbage.

After the aural abortion that was The Fall, I have no hope that the new album will be any good.

k

people still care about them outside their, what, 2 hit songs that got radio play when they were popular, disappeared and then came back with another popular song?

i don't see the appeal outside what was on the radio

at all

>I'm not a fan of the band
>I don't listen to any of their music except the radio stuff
>I don't know anything about them other than those few songs
>Being a fan of the band makes no sense to me
>There's nothing to be a fan of.

>radio hits
>only appeal
get the fuck out niggerfaggot

>been listening to Rhinestone Eyes all day

Feels good man

>been listening to On Melancholy Hill all day

Feels bad man

I'm not going to be as rude as my other friends who gave you yous. But you really need to expand your taste in music.

Nice horde mentality.

That's pretty cyberpunk.

>Superfast Jellyfish
>Rhinestone Eyes
>On Melancholy Hill
>Glitter Freeze
>Some Kind of Nature
>Empire Ants
>Broken
>Cloud Of Unknowing

>bad

Nigger I will destroy you.

>Why Jamie don't go back to comics already?
I remember him saying he's tired of comics.

>An album must be recorded in a studio to be considered an album.
Tell that to garage and punk bands

not the user youre responding to, but of those i skip glitter freeze and broken and dont even consider "welcome to plastic beach" part of the album

>skipping Broken

I'm the guy who typed all of their history out, and even though it took a while, it was worth it. Can't believe it's been 2 years.

You rock man, I really appreciate it. Who knows how long I'd have gone without wanting to actually go and learn all that lore shit.
Maybe I never would have.

BUMP

Post more noodles?

Yes, please.

We're never getting P-Sides are we : (

Still, i'm fucking ready for tomorrow. New Gorillaz is literally the musical equivalence of Christmas for me.

Bump

Noodle was my first waifu.
So the rest of you fuckers had better back off before I cut you.

Noodle was never my waifu.

Russel was.

>tfw im getting a noodle tattoo soon

Why so?

Nigga what

Who would you want to appear on the new album?

I'd love a Kool A.D. feature

Paul McCartney.

Yeah, but do you know where i can figure out the chronological order of watching and reading this stuff, user?
I really appreciate your post though, it was very informative

delete this

Russel and 2-D look tired. Murdock even more so.

>since Plastic Beach
Nigga, I popped a teenage boner for her in the DARE video. Disturbing, considering her age at the time of the album, but there it was (and is) nonetheless.

As the person who has been reposting it when ever I get the chance; thank you.

2D hasn't aged well.
Is Russel's mind back yet?

Thanks dude, glad to help.

>all the stree and shit during the Plastic Beach era has just ruined 2D

I remember one day as a kid I woke up very earlier and turned on MTV. I saw the Feel Good Inc. video and was mesmerized. Didn't know what it was being young and all but after that I would always wake up early and turn on MTV and try to catch the video again.

I'm straight as an arrow and I can agree, Russel is a top tier Husbando

well Murdock is basically a zombie at this point, 2D is probably still recovering from the events of Plastic Beach mentally, and Russel's had a hard life in general(and I imagine becoming a 30 foot giant and then shrinking back down over a several year period ain't all that good for you)

time has definitely been good for Noodle though(there's going to be a lot of boners on Cred Forums when the first Phase 4 videos start coming out)

I didn't, probably because I was the same age as her, and being a overly hormonal teen, at the time my preferences for fictional women were primarily towards those with ridiculously huge tits, so I didn't appreciate how cute Noodle was(my tastes have thankfully broadened with time and age), these days I recognize how sexually charged DARE was on her part(especially what with the lyrics being a pretty obvious masturbation metaphor), which I'm honestly surprised never got the band in trouble

Back when MTV wasn't so incorrectly named.

Top-tier husbando, user

for me it was that night Toonami Midnight Run showed Interstella 555 and then followed it up with the two or three videos Gorillaz had out at the time

we need to get Daft Punk on the next album, honestly I'm amazed it hasn't happened yet, also think it'd be neat to maybe get Estelle to contribute to a track, maybe have her and Noodle do a duet(am very interested to see how Noodle's voice has developed, since we haven't heard her sing since Demon Days and D-Sides)

Because I love the Gorillaz and they've been a big part of my life. I plan to get all 4 band members done eventually Especially if i can commision jamie to draw them

No problem!

I have to put it simply:

Phase 1: 1998-2002
Phase 1.5 (sort of an inbetween) 2003-2005
Phase 2: 2005-2007
Phase 3: 2008-2012

Anything related to Gorillaz falls under these dates, from the earliest proto-Gorillaz songs from Blur to DoYaThing. There's tons of videos, clips, interviews, biographies, books, movies and more but I cannot collect them all right now on my phone (my laptop is broken, phoneposting sucks).

alright, that's a bit more helpful
thanks user

>Masturbation metaphor
to be fair what isn't, and DARE I feel can be viewed innocently if you have the right mindset which most people probably have.

>Estelle as Noodle

Listen to the albums in release order.
Then watch the videos in the order they appear in the albums.
The first album is nice and they are normal rock stars
Demon days is when stuff starts to get weird
Plastic Beach is in the thick of it
The Fall is a nice break

For me, it was the videos for 19-2000 and Clint Eastwood. Been a fan ever since. I'd seen NOTHING like it before. Neither had my family. They actually STOPPED talking (which they basically NEVER do in the few instances when they all get together) and just all sort of sat around the TV intently. Positive feedback all around. I've never seen any other band appeal to everyone in the room when that audience is listening to it for the first time.

Well, the BPM for the next album is aimed to be 120, so Daft Punk could fit in.

Childish Gambino and FKA twigs could fit right in.

Kool AD would never do that haha

I'm also straight user.

I was thinking more her and whoever they get to be Noodle's singing VA doing a duet, besides as much as I love Estelle's singing voice, hers isn't the right one for Noodle

true

I want to protect that smile.

That would be fucking amazing if you got jamie to do it.

Am I the only one who HONESTLY doesn't get the appeal of Superfast Jellyfish? It's the only Gorillaz song I actually TOOK off my ipod after putting it on.

Somebody/anybody from Jurassic 5.

Preferably Chali 2na.

I remember in middle school I was in a gifted science and technology camp at the local college. We used Wix or something to make our own "websites" and for icons as links to different parts of my page, I used heads of each member of Gorillaz. They would link to like >"favorite color: purple"
>"favorite food: macaroni and cheese"
I "liked" Gorillaz so much and I had only heard like, 4 songs at the time lol. I'm glad I actually started listening to them because they are one of my favorite music groups

before someone tells me im a fuckwit for not liking it... understand... i want to like it. please explain why everyone else likes it... i'm so confused and i don't see the appeal.

What genre has Gorillaz not touched yet, but they could easily pull off?

List of genres they've used, whether major or minor:

Trip hop
Alternative hip hop
Dub reggae
Alternative rock
Britpop
House/Nu-Disco (DARE)
Synthpop
Electro (Stylo)
Punk (guess)
Turntablism
Soul
Alternative R&B before it had a name
Country
Gospel
Funk

And that's not even getting into the songs that you can't really put a genre on (Rockit, Rhinestone Eyes, Empire Ants, various songs on G-Sides and D-Sides album, Glitter Freeze, most of The Fall) without combining several others into each other.

RANK EM
1.Plastic Beach
2.Gorillaz
3.D-Sides
4.Demon Days
5.G-Sides
6.Laika Come Home

I also remember playing runescape in like 4rth or 5th grade while listening to music on Windows Musicmatch.
I would talk with other players and type the lyrics. The only problem is that I didnt know what they were saying in Feel Good inc, so I would walk around Lumbridge typing in the wavy effects
>"santas praying now on a campers back"
I was dumb in elementary school

It's a little weird, so I can understand why you don't like it. If you want, check out De La Soul from 1989 to 1993 if you at least liked the rappers from Feel Good Inc and Superfast Jellyfish.

>Murdoc is 5'4
>implying he was 31

1. Plastic Beach= Gorillaz
2.Demon Days
2.3 D Sides = G sides
3.The Fall

STREETS LIKE A JUNGLE

yeah I'm hoping to use some family connections + a bunch of money to try and get him to do it, but we'll see.

Yeah I can aprreciate that no doubt. Just the song itself.

This is actually all 2d and murdoc pictures in a nutshell.

I dont ship or whatever I just thought it was funny. I also made this one for a thread on Cred Forums once

>i skip glitter freeze
AHAHAHAHA!

#1 - Demon Days
Tied for #2 - Gorillaz and Plastic Beach
#3 - D-Sides

I haven't listened to Laika Come Home.

Anything else is sort of too "eh" for me to listen to. G-Sides is essentially Gorillaz with some good songs taken out and some bland ones to fill the gaps (barring Faust, which is cozy). The Fall was just plain unappealing.

RIP

GIRLS WHO WANT BOYS WHO LIKE BOYS WHO DIG GIRLS WHO DIG BOYS LIKE THEIR GIRLS WHO DIG GIRLS LIKE THEIR BOYS

>Stylo
>not poppy enough for radio play

In what decade? It's got repetition and hooks out the ass.

George Lowe and Andy Merril are still alive, but Zorak and Moltar thank you from the great beyond

>The Fall came out in 2010
>6 years ago

Are you kidding me? Times goes by so fast.

Who even likes The Fall

I prefer to pretend it doesn't exist, myself.

Who else got into Gorillaz thanks to Toonami? I've been a fan ever since they showed their music videos there. Same for Daft Punk.

Those two bands got like 90% of their fanbase in the US thanks to Toonami.

I like it. I don't love it and I very rarely revisit it but I like it.

1. Demon Days
2. Gorillaz
3. Plastic Beach

I'm not entirely familiar with their side projects to really rank them. And The Fall is not a real album either.

I'm
which is why I'm surprised it's been six (6) years since The Fall. I've only listened to it like twice and realized I don't care for it so I havent listened to it since then.

I feel old.

Revolving Door and Phoner Arizoner are the only songs I like off of The Fall.

Jamie went back to Tank Girl for a few years back in like 2012

Not him but the fall had some other songs that I liked. The two you mentioned. I liked the bobby womack song(the only one done in a studio) and I really liked the song little pink plastic bag. There might be another one or two songs I like but theses are the ones I remember .

>tfw no The Fall remix album by Daft Punk

Hopefully Kraft Punk is on the Phase 4 album

>Kraft Punk
I didn't know I wanted this until now.

What is Tank Girl, anyway? I keep seeing the covers and thinking how it mitebcool, but I never do. What's the plot? Worth it?

youtube.com/watch?v=ucpOQYJICYI

I'm an idiot nigger

clint eastwood on the midnight toonmai special.

the genesis

Will the funky blue ghost dude ever return?

Jamie's just "liked" this post, I wonder if it means anything

instagram.com/p/BKrgfW3AKV1/

So is the new album being announced today? I feel really shitty for just getting into Gorillaz now after reading that backstory post by the one user, like I'm just jumping onto the new bandwagon or something.
Is it wrong for me to be excited for something I've barely known about for long?

Just be glad you came in at the right time. I got back into Gorillaz like a year after Plastic Beach so the wait's been painful for me.

Will this be the last phase?

How do you think a PB-hater feels?

Contrarian?

>What's the plot?
Slob who lives in a tank and fucks an anthropomorphic kangaroo arses around doing absolutely nothing meaningful.

>So is the new album being announced today?
Seems unlikely. They finished the history-posting on Twitter with "The End".

Death Metal
Prog Rock

um no, you just have no idea what was popular because you were a kid watching toonami at the time.

I feel like gorillaz is something that either clicks or doesn't.

I honestly wasn't a huge fan until demon days came out.

I could listen to demon days forever

why's that?

I hope 2D suffers even more in this phase than he did for phase 3.

That is retarded beyond every level

eh

Better be a damn good artist doing that

>BPM for the next album is aimed to be 120

Source that shit

Yes, Chali 2na would totally gell with Gorillaz

I'm I like it then, but not really anywhen else.

I hope not, but Noodle is a cake now. Odd to imagine what the others look like when she's 30-something or even a MILF

Unless Hewlett stops aging them, of course

too small

what if Damon has Gorillaz do a Blur cover for a giggle

She looked cuter when she was younger.

there was a Todd in the Shadows video where he mentioned wanting to fuck DARE Noodle and I don't think many (if anyone) gave him shit
you are not alone

Too downbeat for 2010's generic electro-pop (and Adele piano ballad) tastes though
It's a good song, but it only appeals to people already into alternative music. Normies would be confused by it.
It's why LCD Soundsystem hasn't had a hit song in the US in spite of making a number of bonafide indie anthems

I always imagined that Little Dragon's feature on "Empire Ants" is Noodle
Honestly they should have dropped the "feat." credit and just ran with that, maybe Damon was trying to get them more publicity though

underrated filename

I first got into Gorillaz when I was 8, we got my 15 year old brother the Demon Days CD for his birthday like a month after it came out and I listened to it and was instantly drawn to it, up until that point I had mostly been listening to my mom's copies of The Beatles and Coldplay albums and this had some really interesting sounds in comparison, fave track was "O Green World" because of the synth sounds, I liked "All Alone" a lot too. By the end of the year I had tracked down and begged my parents for all of their CDs and DVDs up til that point, I have a hardcover Rise of the Ogre too. also The Good, The Bad, and The Queen is one of my favorite albums Damon's made
It's been a long time since any of their music has been fresh to me but I'll put on my vinyl Plastic Beach and pop open a cold one for this occasion. Get hype fellas

>Prog Rock

Now I'm imagining a Damon sung version of ELO's Twilight.

nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/new-gorillaz-album-release-date-tour-dates-and-everything-else-you-need-to-know

My mistake, it's 125bpm.

There is no world in which I'd consider ELO prog, except for maaaybe the Rainy Day suite
It's amazing symphonic pop music though
Now this is some prog
youtube.com/watch?v=6wUX4qUwYpI

>this came out in 1971

Wow, I know this is cliche as hell but this sounds ahead of its time.

While it killed the video for Melancholy Hill, I liked Doncamatic. It fit the nautical theme the back half of the phase was going for.

23 hours ago yesterdays stuff was posted. Within the next hour bois

When you get into German prog music (krautrock) is when things really start sounding eerily like Radiohead and other much later stuff
This song is very lovely after you get past the first 1.5 minutes of spooky sounds
youtube.com/watch?v=Lsl28RkPso8

>tfw you're feeling it

They posted that at the end of their phase 1 and 2 recap as well. See

I know, I'm just sitting here in anticipation of "next time"

Didnt Albarn give the rights of every unused song to Bobby Womack because he was a huge fanboy? Thats the rumor I heard, no idea what happens now that Womack died.

I liked Plastic Beach and the latest Blur album tbqh senpai

Given that Plastic Beach was released in a unfinished state due to label pressure I doubt there were many 100% complete unused songs (bar Doncamatic) and the demos apparently weren't interesting enough for Damon to either finish them or release them as-is
So we probably will never get them though odds are they wouldn't have been great anyway

I would have killed for a Bowie song, but that cant be anymore :(

god that would have been incredible, especially since his voice was as good on Blackstar as it ever was
fuck cancer seriously

It was released in an unfinished state?

Plastic Beach is my favorite album. More upbeat. Plus On Melancholy Hill's my favorite song.

I like the other albums, but only recently have I been getting more into the original album. I never really gave it too much of a chance before, but been really into it lately.

fuck. same. didn't they hint a while ago there being a bowie collab?

>2D is Barefoot
>Noodle has a tail under her

Weird shit I never noticed until now

Doncamatic had no excuse to chart as low as it did, it's as catchy and accessible as anything else on the radio
Of course even if the next album ends up not having a big hit again (though they had as much time as they wanted to work on this next album so it's possible they found another one) they still have millions of fans so eh, as long as it's good I don't think they need to stay relevant in that pop realm.
I hope we get a bit more focus on the 2D animation (the artform, not the character), I know Jamie was tired of drawing the Gorillaz at that point and that's why we got way more focus on CGI and live action in the videos.
That was the word around fansites at the time, you can tell with how stripped down the production is compared to the first two records. Those all had a ton of guest musicians and layers of organic instrumentation, many Plastic Beach songs are basically just synths and a drum machine, Damon solo performances. They had a set-in-stone release date given to them and they were working on it until very close to that date, odds are if they had more time it would've been more polished. The record has a cool, unique atmosphere as is though

So no one is going to talk about the Damon's instagram account? Something is going up.

Sometimes I just don't post things here because I assume it's already been talked about, or that everyone already knows about it. Has nobody else mentioned that?

I hope you suffer in this phase user. 2D deserves happiness!

Whats going on? It says his profile is private.

Where is it? I can't find it

where are the noods

Oh weird, before it said his profile had been changed to
instagram.com/666verified/
People elsewhere were saying maybe Murdoc was gonna take over his page.

It would be cool if they made new Kidrobot figures along with a new album.

People seem to think he got hacked, but yeah it very well could be Murdoc
I didn't see any of this go down or follow Insta stuff in general so i dunno

>No BeeGees/Gorillaz material will be released
Sucks man.

>rise of the ogre is over £100

>23 hours ago yesterdays stuff was posted.

What do you mean? 23 hours ago was yesterday.

>pixels

Come on Hewlett.

It's obviously a picture taken off an LCD monitor, he probably just whipped out his phone and took a snap of what he was working on on his computer rather than go through the process of getting the pic onto his phone (probably would have to email it to himself or something) given that Instagram doesn't support desktop upload. Plus it's probably just intended to be a teaser anyway.
But yeah I hope he puts all this new art in better quality somewhere eventually, even though it's probably just sketches/practice rather than being intended to be official promo material

I'm so fucking excited. Gorillaz has been my favorite band since like 2002

Maybe they'll use them for various stuff like promos and the cd booklets

Noodle is so goddamn cute. I want to make passionate love to her in the missionary position for the sole purpose of procreation

while holding hands

>imagining her little moans
best daughteru turned best waifu

also i'm supposed to act shocked and appalled and call you a pervert or w/e so EGADS

Check your library. I just found out they have 5 copies at mine

>no new shorts
>no short of the guys trying to spy on Noodle's date

I'd thought of doing similar soon. What drawing did you choose?

>I never thought about making a profit from stealing from my library.

Well that's not quite what I was suggesting but ok

Anybody have some gif's of Noodle from the Dare video?

>tfw keep refreshing social media pages to no avail

Man that's got to be the most intimidating thing about trying to date Noodle, she's basically got 3 dads you'd have to impress and prove yourself worthy to

God that sounds hilarious, especially if it's some skinny glasses-wearing British university student bloke and Murdoc viciously threatens him with a switchblade and his tongue

Thanks mang

Still no news yet?

nope.

>be me in middle school
>demon days comes out
>art teacher asks class for music to play
>suggest gorillaz since everyone yells out song names
>teacher plays 19-200 and enjoys it
>for most of the year we listen to various gorillaz songs
>class like a hive mind dislike it so in turn dislike me
>felt like a loser for liking music and trying share it
>move onto high school and all of a sudden people like gorillaz more than hating it

>me rn

See

Top kek

>sharing what you like
that's what you get

How about now?

nope.

I reckon we'll get an e-mail, since they offered a newsletter sign up on their site.

>e-mail

Whatever, grampa.

But you gotta have an email to sign up for everything else...
Also it's obvious you don't do work with any kind of salary

It's a fucking iPad album he made on tour, go fuck yourself.

It's sarcasm, user

>An album may be recorded in a recording studio (fixed or mobile), in a concert venue, at home, in the field, or a mix of places.

cont'd: literally quoted wikipedia

I remember seeing a glimpse of the Feel Good Inc. video in a video made featuring one of Weird Al's Polkarama songs. After that I became a huge fan.

There's a difference between recording an album in a studio and one with a fucking iPad you retard

You are either baiting, autistic, or a dense moron.

No you are just really fucking dumb

I'm REALLY loving this look!

More like "an album must be recorded in a studio to actually sound good, especially if it's a non-acoustic group", but sure.

That filename...

youtube.com/watch?v=j3w8hnSXJI4

From Damon's official Youtube channel

lol damon got hacked

2D was literally made to be abused and suffer.

>private

What was in the video?

Dicks out for harambe

You know damn well Noodle is into bdsm.
She's a switch so you'd better learn to take what you dish out.

I'd say she's a top.

iirc the song was written (or at the very least the white duke gave the green light) but then death happened before they could record

Man, what's the hold up?
This whole thing seemed to have a very clear trajectory
Now it's looking like they're going to miss today entirely
This isn't suspenseful, it's kind of mean

They've been baiting us since last year senpai. I don't know why everyone keeps falling for it.

I blame Albarns hacker

Dude, did you just read my mind, or are we related or something

Is Russel Malcolm X now?

>Nyeh
I wish they still did these.

What. You mean the bitez?

>we will never hear the bowie collab songs

5:08
Still nothing.

If the song was good (and it probably was), they'll probably still record it.
Wouldn't mind hearing Iggy Pop on it, he sung songs written by Bowie on The Idiot and it was perfect. Plus I heard him live on The Late Show or something a couple of months ago and he still sounds good

Yes.

Goddamnit Albarn.

maybe albarn got hacked and that's why it got delayed?

Rocket juice and the moon was good tho

The Good, The Bad, and The Queen was better, but that one was good as well

They probably recorded it
Bowie didn't just randomly die
I'm sure they planned ahead and had him record stuff while he could

Didnt damon say it was the most upbeat albulm hes ever done or whatever?

Is everything fine now? I don't see anything wrong on his instagram or twitter.

Bowie didn't really tell anybody but his wife and his producer though.
He knew when and how he was going out and planned his exit accordingly (with a masterful album that has many comments on mortality) but he kept it a secret from everybody else, wearing a hat while he was undergoing treatment and not even directly telling his backing band (though I believe his producer sort of gave them a nod when they ended up having questions)
He was even telling Brian Eno he wanted to do future work with him just a couple weeks before he died. Part of that was optimism on his part due to renewed creative spark after Blackstar turned out so well, he wrote a few more demos after that and was hoping he'd make it through to record at least one more album

Yes, He got this guy Liam Bailey to do something with him, Here's a sample of his music
youtube.com/watch?v=f7IxiM5y3Ec

I really like Bobby in Phoenix and Aspen Forest.
He'll, I honestly like a lot of the Fall.
I like to listen to it while drawing.

>Japanese
>as dark as a Filipino
Something seems off

>Filipino
IT'S

Noodle, 2D and Murdoc's skin tones where a tad darker in phase one.

Let's not defile a Gorillaz thread with that. Let's defile a different thread.

What? Finish it

claudio simonetti, miho hattori and yuko honda, michael gira and jarboe

Daft Punk!

TIME FOR ANIMANIACS

1- plastic beach
2-demon days
3-gorillaz
4-g-sides

IMO, theres no better feeling than listening to El Mañana on a Beautiful sunny day

Everyone knows azns can't be trusted, user. None of the japanese females I've ever known used birth control. They see it as the man's responsibility.

Threadly reminder that Gorillaz as a whole is a sonic version of Dante's Divine Comedy.

>Gorillaz: Garden of Earthly Delights
>Demon Days: Inferno (Slow Boat to Hades? Come on.)
>Plastic Beach: Purgatorio
>The Fall: Interlude, obvious reference to a Biblical "fall"
>???: Paradiso (Albarn already said it's going to be lighter and peppier than the others)

I need this album to come out already so that I can see if I'm right.

On another note, I can't be the only one who's favorite song on DD was Every Planet We Reach is Dead, right? ...Right?

Also Electric Shock is tits.

>tfw I knew a grill that looked like Noodles/Knives but I ended up chosing the Ramona in my Scott Pilgrim life and now I'm all alone

Your not alone user, I listen to that song all the time due to how chill and comfy it is.

I still say PB didn't have any hits because they chose the wrong songs for singles. Plastic Beach should have been right after Stylo, then Rhinestone Eyes and Empire Ants.

That song and November has Come are the best of Demon Days.

Oh, thank god. Though I never thought of it as chill. It's raunchy as hell. I always do a dread-banging-loose-arms shuffle when it comes on, I can't help it.

I wanted to see how other people danced to it, so I looked it up on Youtube. Only thing I could find was a pole dance. youtube.com/watch?v=bhiGOnf_Fx8

T H I S
Also Feel Good inc(le normie song) and O Green World

>glitter freeze
>cloud of unknowing
>the two worst songs on the album

>not listing To Binge

Fuck, this is good shit!
You just for me even more hyped.

Except To Binge is one of the best Plastic Beach songs alongside Empire Ants and Melancholy Hill.

>cloud of unknowing
Confirmed for unemotional nigger I'd gladly scrap glitter freeze and white flag though

This place has grown pretty quick since i was last here, on a side note i recently got addicted to the tune Dracula

It's the cute peppiness of the melody and instrumentation juxtaposed with De La Soul's half-hard-half-joke-y delivery and the sarcastic lyrics.

I have cried myself to sleep listening to Cloud of Unknowing you can shut your mouth up.

so nothing yet?

chrome-extension://bigefpfhnfcobdlfbedofhhaibnlghod/mega/secure.html#F!AZIwXZJQ!aO1eRhiOH_g75ItzUf-mkA

since a new album is coming out let's all jam out user's

mega.nz/#F!AZIwXZJQ!aO1eRhiOH_g75ItzUf-mkA

since a new album is coming out let's all jam out user's

When I get up tomorrow I expect there to be a new album right here.

>chrome-extension://bigefpfhnfcobdlfbedofhhaibnlghod/mega/secure.html#F!AZIwXZJQ!aO1eRhiOH_g75ItzUf-mkA
????

Why is everyone saying Glitter Freeze is the worst song on Plastic Beach when Sweepstakes exists?

i screw up on the link and didn't catch it till it was posted but i made a new post with the fix

I thought sweepstakes was pretty catchy :(

Because Glitter Freeze is kinda just noise but at the very least Sweepstakes has bars
I like both songs, I just find my tastes leaning one direction?

I wish 911 was on spotify. The only one I can find is the live version.

I didn't like Sweepstakes the first few times I heard it but when I play the record front to back on vinyl through my huge speakers I like it fine
Glitter Freeze is legitimately annoying, it's got some cool elements but it's always a bit of an endurance test and it's only 4 minutes long

for some reason noodle's new look is reminding me of louise belcher

At first I thought you were nuts but now looking at the pics I kind of see it, it's mostly the attitude and black hair though

Phase3/10 would missionary

>pulp?

I'm calling the police

10:32 PM LA
Still nothing again

maybe at 23:23:23 it'll be out

1:55am New Jersey time

It's all over the place, sure but I think Plastic Beach flows really well from beginning to end.
Pirate Jet is underrated IMO. Plastic Beach is super nostalgic for me. Can't believe it's already been six years.

>Jersey
Ayy my nigga

Enjoy living in a state wide gas leak.

don´t bully my jerseybros

What you mean senpai?

I've gotta hand it to Jersey. I wouldn't think a lot of states could contain complete urban destitution and absolute rural squalor within 10 minutes of one another.

Be grateful you HAD the option, m8.

[BLOGPOST]
>due to being 'tismo, never really emotionally matured amongst peers; now I can only pretend for them, because being unhappy doesn't warrant ruining someone else's day by being a shit cunt
>all those missed opportunities to clean up and talk to gals my age, gone
>FFFFUCK

>fast forward to today
>working at McJob, surrounded by teenagers/middle-agers/boomers
>living nightmare; can't relate to anyone here
>suddenly, new person
>talks like Elmer Fudd
>might as well look like him
>"loves comics", but knows jack shit about them
>V10 Continuously Variable 5-Speed Automatic Twin Turbo Autismo
>has to stop everything she's doing to track me down and gab at me half the time
>the fucking gossip circuit keeps giggling over "how cute we'd be as a couple"
>urge to maim: critical
Fucking kill me if this is all I can pull. I was doing fine by distracting myself from my endless despair with menial labor. I WAS FINE.
[END BLOGPOST]

>not liking Sweepstakes
Holy shit m8 the song is fucking brilliant and I'm not talking about the lyrics

3:21AM Miami time

is it out yet?

i love all the rapping bits on demon days, but i find all the rapping on plastic beach boring as hell. trying to slug through plastic beach again in preparation for phase 4 and while the rest of the album has grown on me melody-wise, the rap is just excessive and lame

>Miami

Are you either Cuban or Haitian?

To be fair it's not like Damon scrapped songs and made them The Fall. Fall is entirely made on the road with an Ipad. It's not a major album but it shouldn't be treated like g/d-sides. It's on a level between those.

What happened?

Damn, the hardcore fans aren't taking this well

I guess you can say that this is a disappointment of biblical proportions

Neither actually, Nicaragua.
>whats the difference

That's not a pun.

>going on 14,000 posts over more than a decade about Gorillaz
poor girl

True. Demon Days is endlessly listenable all the way through. It also introduced me to hip hop.

It was pretty cool of Damon to introduce me to MF Doom as a 10 year old living in rural Iowa

How about now?

DARE

post Cred Forums characters dressed like gorillaz band members

youtube.com/watch?v=SZ3D7WUDDkA
IT DEHHHH

dehlet this

He did work on the Tank Girl anthology. His art was probably the worst of the whole book, and I really love Hewlett, too.

>it's a "Discussion about a topic that doesn't really belong on this board but it's better and more civil and more chill than how the discussion would turn out to on the board it technicallyy belongs on" thread

april-ish

It's half Cred Forums and half Cred Forums.
Being animated and having a cartoon band is a big part of Gorillaz.

Pirate Jet is crazy. I always imagine a 747 flying above a landscape filled with mushroom clouds. Demon Days/Don't Get Lost in Heaven were like, "Embrace hope," PJ is like, "Embrace your failures because you can't really do anything about what's happened."

And then Doncomatic and it's like, "Okay, now that everything's rightly-fucked, pick up from the last place things didn't suck and get your ass in gear." And then "Do Ya Thing".

Gorillaz has always been welcome on both boards
There is a thread going on, and it's a mix of pretty similar hype and of course a little bit of "gorillaz is ShITE!"
boards.Cred Forums.org/mu/thread/68023473/

I agree that it's not as good as in Demon Days, but Mos Def and Snoop are always icing.

I think I like this thread better, thanks.

Girls Generation :3

So is there going to be a new album?

There definitely is going to be, that's been confirmed over and over again all year, we just don't have any announcement or detail.
It looked like all week they were leading up to it to everyone on social media but then it ended with nothing
I guess the intention was just to remind people that Gorillaz exist and what they liked about them but we didn't really need the reminder, we need a DATE dammit

I heard that it will be released next summer.

Glitter Freeze, when you really take the time to listen to all of its parts, culminates into one big catastrophe of sound. It's unpleasant.

I didn't like sweepstakes when I first listened to it but after subsequent hearings, it's a brilliant song. The buildup, while sorta annoying, is worth it all when the song really starts to get going.

The fall reminds me of a certain day of the summer after my last year of highschool. Broke up with my cheating girlfriend of 2 years. [2 years of dating or cheating? Probably both]
few beers in not quite drunk, a joint or two not really stoned, walking in the heat with my friends listening to the fall in my headphones miserable but free. Fuck man.

Stay in Reddit, Ralph

I haven't had that specific experience of a cheating partner (after 3 relationships at the tail end of high school I kind of decided the whole concept wasn't for me, at least for the time being) but I can definitely relate to being depressed and feeling like shit and mellowing it out with pot and booze, one occasion in particular involved an unrequited crush who basically went and had a few day fling with a friend of mine (who had much less in common with her and imo is less attractive, though that's subjective..) simply because he had the confidence to take initiative and randomly start making out with her. She knew how I felt and didn't even like him and she realized later how much she hurt me but it didn't make those few weeks any easier. She didn't necessarily do something "wrong" but it certainly didn't make me feel good about myself. I did gain one thing in that I wrote a bretty good pseduo-Smiths song about it.
Your experience gives the album a bitterweet connotation I'd imagine. I hope you got over her man.

I've never had a girlfriend, hell only at one point in my life had i actually felt anything for someone. i become frustrated whether or not it was an experience worth having or not

Classic G-U

For me I found the weight of dependence and responsibility is heavier than the pain of loneliness.
If I found someone I truly loved and who understands me I could maybe do it, but conventional relationships where you bounce around from partner to partner because you need to fuck and then settling for the most tolerable one just seems like it would make me feel worse over and over again than the zero-risk option of sitting alone jacking off. It'd have to be "the one"

>"the one"

Has Hewligan's Haircut ever been reprinted in trade form? That was gloriously fucking bonkers, could only have come from 2000ad at that time...

I don't think I can get away with dating a 9 year old fictional sitcom character but thanks for the suggestion

lol i literally had nothing to post so i typed in the first letter i thought of and this showed up first

wiki says she was 15. doesn't seem to be too young to be a big deal

I thought she was 13 during DARE

GET OUT OF HERE KRAFT PUNK

ah man you wrote a song? that's when you know a girl really has got you fucked up.

but you're absolutely right and I eventually did get over her - then I dated her again not that long ago and realized she was the problem not me and I dumped her ass-

Good on ya cool dude

>I can listen to demon days forever
My brother

bump

Vocaloids

Plastic beach was more of a failed concept album with a heavily nautical theme for some reason. If the songs in it weren't as good as they are it would be seen as by far their worst album

It usually IS seen as their worst.

Daveed Diggs, he would fit so well. Other than that, I could see Body Language or Hooray For Earth collaborating with them, after all so did Little Dragon

Sweepstakes is shit at the first listen when you don't realise how they're introducing layers and playing around with the tempo, when you do realise it becomes a lot better

The real question is ¿will we ever see a recording of Monkey: Journey to the West? seems like whole show is lost forever, why didn't they make a DVD?

Demon Days >>> D-Sides > Gorillaz > Plastic Beach > G-Sides >>>>>>>> The Fall > Laika Come Home

That's fairly common for stage shows (especially musicals), even the most successful ones.
It's because they want to you to go out and see a production, people who are majorly into theater take vacations to see plays (and pay enormous ticket prices). It's not an artform for the lower classes, at least not nowadays.
I'd still like to see Avenue Q, at least there's bootlegs of that one if I ever decide to crack

c.ake

I know you think you're clever, but nobody cares, and you're a lunatic.

Tfw we'll never get a music video...

Well I guess I had it coming for living in a spinc country

Nah, that's the Fall.

Holy shit, that's exactly what happened to me. I remember the video creeping me out, especially the part where 2D starts twisting around and shit.

It was so weird and fascinating at the same time. I immediately went out and bought Demon Days after that

yeah i dont know how i feel about any of it

weird

>she didn't do anything wrong
Of course she did, stop being a beta nu male faggot
Also post that Smiths song friend

How about now?

Nada

BUILD WALL

Yeah, The Fall was literally made on an iPad while Albarn was touring. I appreciated Jellyfish but it was never my favorite. Demon Days is, by far, the best album and if the new one comes anywhere close to that then it'll be brilliant.

The UK is going to build a wall, and it's going to be a beautiful wall, and they're going to make Damon pay for it.

some user know all the participation in gorillaz until now?

>all the participation
wut

That time the internet hacked the plastic beach site to get more content early and it lead to basically nothing

Meanwhile, at the Gorillaz-fanbase.

why damon

why

>He doesn't remember the year long March
Atleast in this case it seemed like Gorillazfags being presumptuous not given actual word that they'd get something in a particular time.

I guess the rumor about the Twitter and Instagram being hacked was true and we really won't be seeing anything new today.. and most likely anytime soon.

My gf told me a few months ago that gorillaz was coming out with a new album but I didn't believe her because it's been so long and after The Fall I really didn't expect anything as good as the old days. The demon days.

I actually was just listening to demon days driving a few hours ago and it's still my favorite album .

Hell with the anticipation if anything new fr seeing this thread earlier today all I was doing was reading ruse if the ogre. Listening to all the music. Watching all the videos.

My disappointment is of the highest levels right now.

When will we get phase 4 my family?

Wow I also got trips!!!
I am so gonna call my gf to tell her about this

Hey namefag, I think we might be hearing it by monday. I don't know, But we should at least see phase 4 starting this year and seeing the album come out spring 2017 at the very least if all of damon's other albums in the last decade dictates.

Thanks friend, honestly I think this place would be better with usernames but maybe that is just me lol
Also I am working on a video about the parallels between Steven Universe (awesome cartoon if you like Gorillaz, well awesome cartoon in general) and the Gorillaz universe

As an animator, I do enjoy lots of shows. So i'm interested in what you got in mind.

>honestly I think this place would be better with usernames but maybe that is just me lol
>the parallels between Steven Universe (awesome cartoon if you like Gorillaz, well awesome cartoon in general) and the Gorillaz universe
Man, if we didn't like the same band I'd tell you to kill yourself.
There's so much wrong here.

If you want usernames, go to literally any other website in the world.
Get rid of the name, you fucking faggot.

>Get rid of the name, you fucking faggot.

This. No reason for a name or a trip in the thread.

Kek. The name was part of a joke on a thread a few days ago and it saved.. god, how many posts have I tainted with a name
I'm really hoping we do because I've lived gorillaz since 05 and it's one if the only vands I consistently listen to. The fact they have a back story and real depth is treat for an animated band. It's honestly one of my favorite marketing ideas for a band ever and every part of their style is so enthralling I just want so much more!
That's actually my first trip in a long time and it's awesome because it's the last digits of Murdocs inmate number in Mexico. 318008:999

Fuck off and kill yourself, faggot.

He's not I'm 999
I used the name as a joke in a thread with this guy a few days ago.
This place would be terrible with usernames. I agree with you
Seriously Cred Forums was si much better before everyone came here with that mentality and infected this place with 20 SU threads a day.
I like SU but I post in the general like people should for the shows the like, it makes us all look bad when we can't give all cartoons and comics the right to their own threads by contaminating the board.

Not that any of this matters is comparison to the new gorillaz album of course

So it seems demon days is everyone favorite album, what's everyone's favorite song.
I personally like o green world and kids with guns alot but November has come is awesome. I love how different very sing in that record is.

it's going to be a hit and every faggot will share it

Does anyone know why Plastic Beach wasn't hyped as much as, say, phase 2 or even 4? I think even the stupid fujo fandom for it wasn't as active.

>tfw I let my ex borrow the book and the asshat never returned it to me before he left for college

God dammit

Serves you right for being a faggot.

It's probably a grill, user.

>there are fags out there who listened to this boring shit
demon days was the shit

You dont lend 2 things
Woman and books

Gorillaz has always been weird, only the self titled first album and Demon Days (to a lesser degree) felt like it was actually supposed to be a virtual cartoon band making these songs. But Plastic Beach and The Fall just didn't fall on this illusion imo, like if it was just Damon Albarn and friends.

PB had the most character interviews and lore though.

MF Doom

>gays
>in Gorillaz threads

Most of the yaoi shit is from women.

Hey, I don't know these things, I'm not interested in that, only Noodle.

>not being interested in Murdoc raping 2D

gay

But user said the person who took their book was a "he".

I think the novelty of the cartoon band feel likely wore off for Albarn at about the time Rise of the Ogre was released. The whole thing was originally meant to be a satire of image bands, so I can imagine he'd get a bit sick of it as an actual image band.
Now it's just Albarn's music feat. some cartoons by Hewlett.

I unironically love Doncamatic. Who's with me?

That's probably a combo of Hewlett getting tired of drawing the characters (which is why the videos had more live action & CG and the live performances ditched much of the visual accompaniment and made no effort to hide the real musicians) and the stylistic shift towards more electronic music, which made it sound less like a band in general.
I don't think the slightly half-assed execution of the concept during phase 3 was really Albarn's fault, as the whole conceptual side is Hewlett's responsibility anyway (though at least all the sleeves and artwork of the Plastic Beach packaging were great)
He seems less disgruntled about drawing them anyway and even seems to be having a bit of fun with evolving the character designs, new Noodle is cool and he's not hiding her face anymore.
The music's resemblance to an actual band kind of depends on what genre Albarn ends up working in, though at least he's not being rushed by the label this time like Plastic Beach was so it'll probably have more layers to the production.

I can't think of any reason why someone would hate it unless they're completely allergic to pop
I usually am (at least top 40 stuff anyway) and I still find it's a pleasing, fairly original Albarn melody and pretty feel-good track
Not their best but easily could have made the album (though I believe it wasn't finished or maybe even written at the time or it would've)

People hate it because Rhinestone Eye's music video was cancelled because of it.

I hate it because I found out it was some weird ginger Hipster guy doing the vocals.

He doesn't distract me from the music and he gives it a bit more soul/an "R&B" feel than Damon would've been able to give it due to his higher register, I think it was the right choice for the song imo, though they could've went with a chick singer for the same effect

>New albums supposed to be revealed tomorrow
>3 days ago

oh shit

>Who would you want to appear on the new album?

The Gorillaz.

>Childish Gambino and FKA twigs
We don't deserve that

I actually just recently realized that Ienjoy pretty much every song on Plastic Beach. I always figured it to be like 6-7/10, but then actually looking at the album list I realized it's all pretty great. Maybe Glitter Freeze gets a bit annoying, I guess, but don't exaclty dislike it.

Not as consistent themtically or musically as Demon Days, tho.

youtube.com/watch?v=yYDmaexVHic

REMEMBER

I actually like Doncamatic tho

Well, Daley does do R&B music. Hipster R&B.

From all the snippets jamie has been coming out with in the last year or so. I think jamie found a new light on the characters he found to be boring.

I hope they bring back del and del the funky homosapien

Here's hoping they don't go for CGI again.

Me too, I hope Del and Damon didn't have some kind of falling out (his absence on their other albums is conspicuous), it's also quite possible that him being brought in the first time was more Dan the Automator's idea.
Still, Snoop and De La Soul are confirmed to be back

CGI only really looked ugly on Murdoc, but everyone else was fine.

>didn't have some kind of falling out
they didn't
>more Dan the Automator's idea.
it was
Clint Eastwood was already recorded before del came in through Dan's suggestion

But I liked the 2D design and style better in general.
Plus shit was probably expensive.

I can see why his style wouldn't fit in on Demon Days but I think he would've been great on Plastic Beach (even though the story and instrumentation both lead to a complete absense of Russell's "presence" on the album as is)
Would love to have him back

But that was the whole point, surely, to make Murdoc as disgusting as possible for the sake of humor?

Have you seen that ad for Motorola with him in JUST a tiny g string? It cracks me up, AND it's 3D