SWAT Kats Revolution

>Over more than a year since the whole Kickstarter thing.
>Still not even a short.

You know what guys? I'm seeing it in very bleak colors the possibility of this getting produced.

it's surprising how, exactly? they never had a very defined plan

Well there were the whole collecting money for the basic stuff and etc. They got nearly thrice the money...

I honestly think CN simply doesn't want to produce another SWAT Kats due to their current policy and stuff.

CN wasn't ever gonna do it, not only are they really against action shows(look at what they did to Ben 10), but it's also a "legacy" IP that they never really owned, and it's also pretty violent, pretty traditional and sincere in it's set up, it doesn't merge with network philosophy.

>look at what they did to Ben 10
Dear God I know. The first one was great, the second was nice (the sequel was kinda meh) and Omniverse was solid. Now it's a massacre.

>it's also pretty violent
Yep. And don't get me started on the crazy shit that happens here...like in the case of the Giant Bacteria or Mutation City.

Hell, everything Dr. Viper does is automatic scary shit.

Cartoon network refused to greenlight it because they have no interest in actions shows anymore and it was too expensive.

Also you know what? They should instead go and contact Netflix instead.

With what happened to Voltron/Go-Lion after DreamWorks bought the rights to it, it would be the best thing to happen to SWAT Kats.

It is a sad thing indeed...hence why I stopped watching TV in general.

It was supossed to air on Boomerang but at the last minute they say NOPE.

>They should instead go and contact Netflix instead.

that IS what they were doing as far as we heard.

we've heard nothing in months.

Their plan was to gather money to get the interest of a producer, last news was that WB showed some and now they're looking for a studio to make it happen.

>It was supossed to air on Boomerang but at the last minute they say NOPE.
I swear this is something I hate CN for. So they allow shit like the new Powerpuff Girls or Teen Titans GO!, but they don't allow the actual cool stuff.

I honestly hope they'll succeed. The way they described how the new SWAT Kats would be seems very interesting.

cross your fingers boyos

im optimistic and i dont think im being unrealistic

netflix knows a good thing when they see it and they usually do good by the source material

Agreed. Netflix did co-produce quite some good shows.

The new Voltron or Kuromukuro in case of anime.

But we need to see to believe.

Was Callie really this staked?

>fluffy underboob

Delicious.

The new Voltron is shit though.

YES.

THIS.

Nah. The only thing about it that I'd bitch is that they didn't show anything about the Garla Empire (as in why they are such mega-dicks).

Darn...

>im optimistic and i dont think im being unrealistic
You're being even stupider than you spelling & grammar would indicate.

Giving money to a Kickstarter that doesn't even have a single short or proof of concept and is just the promise of "If u giv us money WE TALK TO PPL PRMISE PLZ GIVE PLZ GIVE" is literally throwing your fucking money away. Any fucking random fan-artist could do that shit with _insert cult 90s cartoon here_. There was absolutely fucking NOTHING to that Kickstarter beyond "OOOH I 'MEMBER!", and in a few years you'll be just as empty-handed. Don't get mad at me, you yourself admitted the people behind the Kickstarter have basically gone dark. It's not kosher to take people's money for nothing and then not post anything beyond a single piece of fanart, buuut, it's also pretty dumb to expect anything from said KS in the first place.

>_insert cult 90s cartoon here_
.....Pirates of Dark water next?

>Pirates of Dark Water

Talk about murderous liquids...

I remembered that show. Was really rad with how crazy the tech there was.

And Razor is completely immune to her advances...

Seriously what's his problem?

Thw animation in the new Voltron is lackluster though.

Yeah. Not fluid enough. The fights could've been more dynamic.

But at least the Lions look nice.

I suspect they wanted the rights again. CN will abort any show that they or WB doesn't own and makes in house. TDI and JT are exceptions only because they were stellar successes.

T-bone.

Maybe he's just gay.

>tfw you couldn't get that $250 swat kats book from the kickstarter

Maybe.

Or maybe he's totally oblivious to it.

I think he's gay,I mean he's a cat after all.

>Seriously what's his problem?

he's her mechanic so she already knows his face and is also a masked vigilante that's been accused of terrorism, manslaughter, and what have you, apart from being dishonourably discharged from service and neck deep in a terrible debt for the rest of his life?

Cats are naturally gay?

We can blame Feral for this. He wanted to get Dark Kat first and look what happened later.

i didnt give anybody any money so i have nothing to lose from being optimistic

calm down

>kickstarter

When you gonna learn!?

Never. But we can at least dream...

IIRC they said they wanted to do more with Callie and Jake but the series ended before hand.

And everyone blamed Turner when in fact it was a bunch of locos below him who did it without his consent.

Stealth Thread heh.................

DO IT

>YFW the hacker girl introduced in the new series is just a thicc weeb cat.

Nah. Hoping only that she'll be one hell of a stubborn cat that will do some crazy things to get T-Bone and Razor new tech.

Also wondering how old will she be.

High-Schooler?

no

everyone in swat kats is above 30, professional age adults that can damn well take care of themselves and have an impact in the world. You have no idea how rare that is.

infantilization of media is cancer.

OK, then college.

Assuming we don't do much of a time skip I don't think anyone is much above 30 if even that. Jake and Razor were rookies when they got kicked out.

Never.

I have hope in netflix since fucking Voltron of all things got a reboot.

And it wasn't even a bad reboot.

>animated by studio Mir
>not a bad reboot
No.

A show doesn't go on animation only.

In case of the Voltron reboot, it's also story, pacing and character development. Then again they didn't show why the Garla Empire are cosmic giga-jerks and how did Zarkon turn from being one of the Voltron Paladins into who he is.

Yeah, the latter would be for 2nd season, but the first one...they could've let the team at least hack into their history databanks.

Animation is a huge part in what makes a show though. It looks like shit and obviously had to cut budgets. It tries to do this anime-esque style that doesn't work with it, along with some terrible fighting sequences slapped together with terrible CGI.
The new Voltron will never be as good as the original.

>The new Voltron will never be as good as the original.

Hmmm. There is a lot of differences between these two shows however.

That's a drastic hyperbole.
-and this is a matter of tastes. I think the new style looks passable at worst, but they're evidently pandering to the avatar crowd. However, the old Voltron series was, objectively, animated like shit. Product of it's time to be fair, but to say it's animation is better than the new one is objectively false. You could argue that it's aesthetics and designs are prefferable, which is a matter of opinion. There are some changes I like in the new one over the old, but the old's got that classic 80s vibe going, which is hard to compete with.

are* a lot of differences

Goddammit...

I need some rest ASAP.

Or maybe he's not a fuck boy

We'll know it when it airs on Netflix...or maybe not?

WHO KNOWS?

>Product of it's time to be fair, but to say it's animation is better than the new one is objectively false.
Completely wrong. Get that digital animation stick out of your ass.

I still have hopes, I won't be sad if nothing happens but something might happen and if it does I know it will be great whatever we get.

If this continues, then all the VAs will die of old age.

Hell, the VA of Feral died in 2014 if I remember correctly.

>just a thicc weeb cat.

Goddamnit, I would want to see that!

Legal.

Probably be Razor's kid sister or something.

Do you think we'll get Felina's opinion on rainy days?

You could always replace them with younger people. The question is who?

Well, fresh out of the academy.

Actually, it's kind of weird that all enforcers can drive tanks and planes, isn't it?

Dunno how to feel about this. Would rather have her be someone completely unrelated.

That scene will always tear me up from the inside.

With someone who can feel the character. I want to know why Feral and Dark Kat are at each others throats.

VAs are a dime a dozen. It would be easy to get a sound alike, probably.

>Would rather have her be someone completely unrelated.

True. But you need a reason why she's working with the kats. It's not like they could pull her off the street like Winston... Actually, that doesn't sound too bad.

Whatever the important thing is cat, weeb, and thicc.

The original wasn't even good, holy shit, it's not like Voltron was some paragon of animation in its day.

the pilots are most certainly older than the raw recruits, they always have mustaches and scragglier builds.

About half or so of US pilots are under the age of 30 and you don't see many over the age of 35.

that's because the US has more combat vehicles than smart people.

it's overwhelmingly common for pilots to fly well into their 40s

These guys are at the top of their games and are seemingly prodigies. Someone said that they're in their 30s and I would say no, Jake and Chance are 28 tops.

don't forget that they're also engineers and investigators though, they have far more training than being just pilots.

Look, I grew up watching reruns of the original Voltron. I love that shit, but it is not well made. The line work rattles, colors are inconsistent, the anatomy is allover the place, and half of the shots are panning stills or holds on totally still faces. I swear to you if you watched ten episodes you could find at least three places where cells slide out of synch.
Get those nostalgia goggles off of your eyes.

Korean garbage is not any better though.

what about adult swim? Samurai Jack could bring back action cartoons under their segment.

Samurai Jack is a hell of a safer bet than Swat kats would be, it took them years and years of badgering to get the proof they needed to go with the project.

>one of the choppers didn't even get hit, it just explodes for no reason

why are the enforcers so bad at everything