He was the superior Banner

He was the superior Banner
Ruffalo just seems like a generic guy meant to be the Hulk when he's not a generic smashing machine, not an actual character

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=FW5OXRoM5aA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I liked Incredible Hulk a lot more than most of the MCU films
However, I'm holding my opinion until Hulk gets his own movie again

I know, I know

I honestly think they both played a fine Banner.

YOU are WRONG

honestly neither actor really seemed like banner to me but TIH was a great movie

Ang Lee Best Hulk

it was like the PAD run.
it was deep rich psychological thriller that got shot down because it wasn't all

RAWWR HULK SMASH.

I will never understand why Incredible Hulk gets so much shit. It's easily the best Marvel movie.

It's not memey enough.

>le I am groot
>le dance off
>le puny god
>le on your left
etc

The jokes in TIH are actually mildly funny.
>don't make me hungry
>you wouldn't like me when i'm hungry

I hear that he was a douche on set, though,

>Bruce's erections are lethal
TIH was great. And the final fight in the Bronx was the best MCU fught by far.
>you will never use cars as boxing gloves
Why even live?

I didn't care for the ultra-lean Hulk look at all.

>Hulk weaponizing the police cruiser
You can tell who played Ultimate Destruction during the movie's development.

Bingo. Plus, he has had a high enough profile career that his asking price was rumored to be RDJ levels, which wasn't sustainable for a anybody-except-Iron-Man character.

Doesn't change the fact that he was better

He was so boring it was hard to watch

No, you're just a retard.

Both Hulk's were alright, but Edward Norton is far and beyond a better actor than Ruffalo. But I also just don't like Ruffalo as a person, either.

i thought the general consensus was that ruffalo is best hulk?

Please stop being a fucking retard, you drone imbecile

>Cred Forums PLS VALIDATE MY OPINIONS
KYS

As superior as Norton was as Banner I can't see him being in the Avengers or the sequels both as an actor and a character. Can't imagine Norton getting bullied into making Ultron and Vision

Neither actor really redefined the character of Banner, who most of the time is just a boring shirtless man in oversized purple pants.

I only really ever like Banner when they touch on his psychological state. Movies never really did that.

It was quite good, also a good example of how to make a capeshit movie without an origin story.

Norton is god-tier, and his Banner was just right.

Ruffalo just seems like a dude with hives.

Im a little biased. Norton is my favorite C lister

What's the deal with Norton? He was big but I didn't see him much in last five to ten years. Is he that hard to work with?

I liked that the character designers said that the only reason why they didn't give Abomination elf ears is because they couldn't justify why Hulk wouldn't just tear them off.

Ang Lee Hulk did.

I would have enjoyed the movie a lot more if it weren't for Liv Tyler being a shit actress.

She's got the charisma of a soggy tissue.

;_;7

>And the final fight in the Bronx was the best MCU fught by far.

Eh, like if you're talking choreography is was pretty good (Serum Blonsky fight was better if you ask me), but I still really like the staging and progression of Iron Man's finale. It felt like something you'd read in a comic book, nice and dramatic, very Raimi Spider-man.

Why Not. It's the same dude who was bullied into giving up his boy pussy

The true capekino

Thanks for the (You)
Your taste is shit

Ed Norton slept through this
He's shit anyway

kill you are self

Yes
YES
your tears are delicious

Samefriend pls.

Oh fuck all the (You)s
Keep going
I'm almost there

He is
No doubt

Ruffalo is shit, everybody knows this
Marvel stopped caring about the movies the moment they got bought out by Disney, it's just filler crap to keep fake geeks feeling like they know about super heroes....that's literally it

Yes. Plus he probably managed his money smartly enough to afford to be really picky about his roles.

@86477472
'no'

Norton>Bana>Ruffalo

Nice b8

He's shit
And a dick
That's why

Ah, I was wondering when we'd reach the "The MCU was only good before it was really popular!" phase.

This person doesn't want to enjoy things

But Iron Man was really popular.
And it was good.

Face it the movies turned to shit.

You are insane

>Norton>Bana>Ruffalo

Why does no one ever include Bixby?

You cant compete with God.

He';s infamous for being a control freak who pushes around the directors up to and including taking their own films way from them and re-editing the entire project to his whims and directing his own new footage.

He's basically his character from Birdman, that's why they cast him in that film.

Forgettable trash

Bixby>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bana>Norton>>ruffalo

based.

But it's not bait because is true.

If he took over the Hulk movie like that then they should have given him both the role of Bruce Banner again and a consulting position in every subsequent Marvel movie that had the Hulk in it.

I think Ruffalo could be a good banner, but it's kinda hard to act well when your characters only been in movie's directed by Joss Whedon.

Same here, unpopular opinion tho.

Don't worry, it's very likely he'll get one soon with all that fuss about needing more asian roles in Hollywood.

I actually like that movie

Good, imagine if it wasn't him in American History X.

I actually really like Ruffalo's Banner. I can't really see Norton's Banner meshing with the Avengers.

>I hear that he was a douche on set, though,

Yeah, Edward Norton has a reputation—deserved or not—for being difficult to direct. It started with American History X, if I remember correctly. He got into a very contentious disagreement over the final cut of the film with director Tony Kaye, but the studio eventually went with Norton's preferred cut of the film (which was allegedly significantly different from Kaye's cut).

Kaye I think tried to sue the studio to get his name off the film's credits as a result (his reasoning being that it wasn't "his" film anymore), but I think they left his name on it anyway. Regardless, the film went on to receive a lot of praise from critics, so I guess it validated Norton to an extent.

As much as I love this film, and the final fight, the CGI (particularly at the university) is god awful.

I don't know if this is the general consensus, but I found the CGI hulk from 2003 easier to look at. Might have looked goofier, and the "grows bigger with anger" thing was stupid, but I think the cartoony look makes him appear less dated.

I did enjoy Norton as banner though. Betty was also pretty decent.

does anyone else remember this? it used to spook me as a kid, those eyes got me man.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=FW5OXRoM5aA

Did he pull that shit with Wes Anderson?

Shame Ed was such a turbo cunt that no one wants to work with him.

Marvel can't make another standalone Hulk movie because Universal owns the distribution rights. That's why Hulk is in Ragnarok.

it is and the consensus is correct. these people are just memeing.

Hulk has never had a good film.

probably not since Wes cast him again.

The MCU feels a little formulaic at this point while Iron Man and TIH have slightly different tones.
The MCU lately feels more like the first Thor movie.

I can't agree more. both are just fine in their respective movie but Norton is a far better actor. He's actually way into film. I was watching a late night talk show on TCM and the guy really knows his shit. Ruffalo, on the other hand, is a liberal meme generator and the more of his filmography I see after Avengers the more I'm convinced his entire career is a fluke

>mfw The Normal Heart
>mfw Now You See Me 2

>The Normal Heart

Even the gays hate Ryan Murphy, user. You got bamboozled.

But he's a pretty good actor.

>Spotlight
>Shutter Island
>Brothers Bloom
>Foxcatcher
>Zodiac
>Collateral

Bana is my favorite banner; he looks like somebody that could snap at any second.
Norton I just dont see as Banner at all. Norton's weasyl like personality just ruins it for me.
Ruffalo acts like he's either bored or on sedatives whenever he's on screen.

I agree

i liked Bana

Heh, just imagine how different the tone for the MCU would be had Iron Man underperformed and The Incredible Hulk had been successful.

Correct.

Norton had a whole movie to explore his role.
Ruffalo was given how much? Maybe 10 minutes screentime at most in Avengers and has never been the main character in any of the other films.

Considering that I think he has done a remarkable job. I like him has Banner. Would love to see more of him.