I saw the create a webcomic thread, but why don't you guys also make your own cartoons?

I saw the create a webcomic thread, but why don't you guys also make your own cartoons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NuPcQ6Vh-yE
cartoon-drive-thru.tumblr.com/post/69699330291/10-years-ago-it-was-my-first-real-start-in
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Its harder than making shitty jokes with stick figures.

comics can be made pretty simply by one person. animation takes a lot of time or a team of ppl

as in, we're lazy or anti social, or both

Harder, true, but more rewarding.

I was just wondering because flash isn't hard to use and I am sure that anons would help each other with voices. If /vg/ can actually create games I am sure Cred Forums could make some cool cartoons.

I'd say the time it takes to animate is definitely a factor in why "how's your cartoon/make a cartoon" threads just don't happen.

I've been working on a simple 8 second animation for about a week now, just a character in a walk cycle bobbing and swaying his head while playing an instrument. Imagine constantly posting slight variations on the same 8 second animation for a week straight to keep a thread alive. You might get one or two other people jump in and do the same, but the thread will die by the time one of you look away from your work long enough to update the thread. People who actively animate and release content tend to release one a month if they're fast and not doing the sort of shit HotDiggityDemon does.

Compare that to a comic page, which I could knock out a solid outline of a page and type out any dialogue within 2-3 hours.

Animation takes a lot longer. If you're dedicated, you can make a comic strip in a few hours.

Meanwhile if you're dedicated, it can take a month or more to make a two-minute animation.

That sort of thing isn't really conducive to regular threads.

Even using as much help as possible (flash and the like) animation is still quite time consuming to do and requires a good degree of technical know how and skill, on top of that bad animation is a lot harder to forgive than bad drawing.

Basically, anyone with a pen and paper can make a comic, it might not be great but they can get it done in a relatively short span of time. Animation requires a lot more commitment and know how, and is likely to be judged more harshly.

I've been working on a couple of flash cartoons, it's just taking a really long time to animate it all.

Can you show some of them?

Why do you think we don't?

God damn this some Good Shit my man

Because any jackass can make a webcomic. It takes actually talent, skill to animate. Cred Forums doesn't have that.

IT'S

some people do. They're often really primitive with a lot of still shots interspersed between real animation, but.. it's still really impressive. even the kinda shit The Dewd does looks somehow legit compared to just still drawings on a page. Reminds me of old newgrounds days.

Yeah, I have a web toon.

Latest episode had Phil and Joel from Bonus stage.

youtube.com/watch?v=NuPcQ6Vh-yE

there's also this

This one's mine.
Laughs were had.

>but why don't you guys also make your own cartoons?
Some of us are very capable and have shown what we can do before but people like me spend all their time replying to nonsense and masturbating instead of actually doing something.

There are 24 hours in a day and if I put aside just 4, that's right, just 4 little hours I could have something really really retarded by the end of the week.

Sweet, another Bonus Stage fan. Are you someone who watched it during its original run, or did you just discover it?

Oh my god! Okay, I hadn't watched the video yet when I first replied, but now I have, and I'm stunned! I can't believe you got Matt to do the voices! I thought he hated Bonus Stage and didn't want to directly acknowledge it! I mean, that was the impression I got from his anniversary blog post.

cartoon-drive-thru.tumblr.com/post/69699330291/10-years-ago-it-was-my-first-real-start-in

He's so over the show that he won't even name it! How the heck did you rope him into this?

It just takes so much damn time. I've been working on the same 9 minutes of animation for 2 months now and it gets quite hard to see the same thing over and over while working.

holy FUCK is this a nostalgia blast

WTF, I hate Cred Forums now.

you made my day, thanks user

Well, I mean, he still has the bonus stage crew show up again every year with the Gameshow E3 thing (And to be honest, I thought that was the 10 year anniversary thing for bonus stage) So I thought he would be cool with it.

And yes, I have watched every episode, I rewatch the series once a year.

Your welcome!