Tropes GOOD and BAD Thread

Post examples of characters from a trope being used in a good and bad way (of course only of shows you know/loved/watched)

and describe your opinion on why you think its like that

Yugo is a good example of the trope because he knows sacrifice is needed towards progress, but is wise enough to think about consequences, he is driven by interests but always stops to question the reasoining of each individual

Steven is not a good example of the trope because he is only driven towards his own interests and disregards the suffering of others in order to preserve life (for example even when in reality the stasis of bubbling is technically death) or simply redirects it as victimization

nice bait

Bubbling is delaying a problem because solving it would clash with his world view too much

If the showrunners had any balls, they'd present him with a problem he can't Steven his way out of

He's right though. I like Steven, but he's a little shit.

you can just say wakfu is a better show than steven universe, dude

do you have an argument? or did you just come to spout le ebin meme

just to clarify, I LOVE steven universe, but yeah, he's shit at morals

well, Steven still has some eps to go so it could get better, but for now, he's a really bad version of the trope

>what is Bismuth
>what is Eyeball

>If the showrunners had any balls, they'd present him with a problem he can't Steven his way out of

They did this to him three times near the end of last season. One of the recent episodes was basically about how he was still fucked up emotionally about it.

but those two specifically got steven'd away

I just hope they won't "advenure time" all of these loose ends

it really feels like they're gonna get cancelled before they end these plots, the show isn't selling anything aside from really niche products

they solved his feelings, but not the actual problems
if you really think about it that meant shit
is as if they were saying "I'm gonna ignore this problem because it makes me feel bad... no wait, I'll feel bad and THEN ignore it, yah ok, that's fine"

Those problems weren't solved. Those problems were dealt in a way in which Steven was not forced to challenge his beliefs

Bismuth was bubbled, not shattered or allowed to reform and Steven forced to try again and again to convince her.

Jasper was corrupted and bubbled, not shattered.

The Ruby's were thrown into space. They're aren't dead, just floating forever and only through their own actions.

Steven has yet to choose between saving one person for another. Making a choice that can never be undone like his mother did with Pink Diamond.

>The Ruby's were thrown into space. They're aren't dead, just floating forever and only through their own actions.
>Steven has yet to choose between saving one person for another.

Steven PERSONALLY had to throw Eyeball back into space in order to save himself. This was even after he healed her.

The bubbles allow Steven to come back and solve a problem when he CAN solve it. He can and will eventually have the tools to solve them, it's just that as of now, he can't.

This. Eyeball wasn't going to relent. It was him or Eyeball and he made his choice. And this choice weighs on him. The ending of Here Comes shows he's not quite over it yet. Personally, I think he's bottling it up. Much like his mother seemed to have done.

The point of the show is that Steven isn't his mom. He spaced Eyeball and impaled Bismuth, but if he was faced with the choice of legit murder, he'd try to find another way out (and possibly succeed)

>dressed like a women seriously, not as a joke

Steven ain't pure

Nah, Wakfu post like, maybe mid-S2 and beyond has been dogshit and Ankama is a terrible company.

Moral Ambiguity

Good: Gundam Reconguista in G. Presents issues that drive the plot, such as energy dependence, then proceeds to have both sides give reasons for their stance. Ultimately, this forces the viewer to question which side they should be on.

Bad: Gundam IBO. Tries to be dark and gritty, but in reality wants the viewer to be on the side of the protagonists. Just goes "this is horrible" and leaves the entire thing one-sided.

>bubbling is technically death
no, he's keeping them in stasis until they have a way to heal their corruption/whatever else is wrong with them

Cred Forums just has a massive hate boner for Steven Universe doesn't it?

What's wrong with Ankama?
I didn't even watch season 2 yet and know nothing about them.

here's your (you)

Last threads before the hiatus were filled with "Why aren't you in /trash/?" fags.

Opinions on season 2 tend to split. Either people find it fine or it's the worst thing to happen to the franchise.

Personally, i think it's okay. I think it's still fun and all but the writing falls apart especially toward the end.

He's basically an Orko or Snarf.

>maxresdefault

This. Though he chose the right thing in the end.

He's slowly losing his innocence as the season progresses. Since he's already lagging behind in appearance (due to his childlike behavior), do you think we'll get an episode where he finally starts to grow up?

You're in Cred Forums, not Cred Forums.

I've heard they blame the decline on an uninteresting villain
claiming nox was much more worthy of a second chance at the villain spot through time travel fuckery

More like /m/.

They hit gold with the first season of Wakfu and the Dofus game, and have since failed to live up to either's hype (Delays on everything constantly, shit Kickstarter, the Dofus movie basically bombing in theaters)
Specifically, my issue with S2 and beyond is that, in trying to build onto Wakfu lore, they essentially shat all over everything with ridiculous powerleveling and unnecessary (and shit) romance.

>any sort of criticism, even if spot-on, is "LE HATEBONER!!!"

autism

Figures that the place I find someone who actually understands G-Reco is Cred Forums and not /m/.

They do have different notions of purity

What, do you expect Steven to go around shattering gems? How would that make him better at morals?

remember, Cred Forums LOVES senseless murder

why are people so upset that Steven a 14 year old boy doesn't like undo suffering and doesn't want to murder anyone?

because everyone is a sadistic murderfag

the way the universe is set up, the only way they could change this up is if it turns out that the Diamonds are literally unpoofable and can only be stopped by shattering them

it was obviously set up from the beginning that they wouldn't have to kill any of the villains AND it was stated from very early on that they didn't want 'villains' in the traditional sense

if you think that's stupid then fine, but don't act like it's something they screwed up on only recently

Why the fuck would you discuss tropes

>in reality the stasis of bubbling is technically death

i don't think we've watched the same show

>super powerful dogmatic aliens hellbent on turning all planets (not just earth) into their own real estate, disregarding all life that could be and is in those planets
>somehow, killing them is senseless murder.
wow yeah i have seen the light, next time a home invader breaks into my house i'll offer him an ice cream sandwich and convince them with my amazing ukulele songs
i believe in steven now!!

There is literraly no tactical advantage to dhattering as of now. Gem shards are still semi alive, and can be used dangerously. We can assume Rose had to shatter PD, but there's no reason that Steven would just stomp on Jasper's gem or something.

Be like Steven and give the dick of your enemies a good 'ol suck until they start being your friend.

Imagine you manage to subdue him without killing him

will you finish him off?

that's not always a realistic scenario

>offer him an ice cream sandwich

Except thats not what Steven does. He may not be a fighter, but he always makes sure the threat is neutralized before trying to reason with enemies.

Because humans don't poof. Gems do. There's literally no reason for Steven to go Coldsteel and shatter gems

>spot-on

it's straight up factually wrong

and i say this as someone who has their own grievances with the show

>Those problems were dealt in a way in which Steven was not forced to challenge his beliefs
Steven's way is to talk his way out of things. He successfully redeemed Peridot this way and it's how he stopped the Cluster. His beliefs are that any enemy can become a friend if he can just get through to them. But these three encounters challenged that belief.

See for Steven even destroying a gem's physical form is too much for him. Bubbling a corrupt gem is fine because it's not their true form and he has that hope of curing them but for a regular gem it means they can't be reasoned with.

>mocks the concept of not killing your opponent
>posts image of Jotaro
bitch, the only JoJo with a smaller body-count is Josuke, and that kid had healing powers (and did not have to deal with hired killers)

the way Gems work, it is the most likely scenario

you actually need to go the extra mile to kill them

I hope so. His voice actor sounds like he's straining to sound way younger than he is, he sounded better in that episode where Steven aged himself up.
Maybe some serious shit needs to happen for him to grow up to the age he's supposed to be. Like facing yellow diamond? Seeing a gem get shattered?

So are the corrupting gems somehow related to the death of pink diamond?

it is implied it was the equivalent of the Diamonds dropping a nuke

lol this thing Cred Forums circlejerks over is better than the other thing the other half of Cred Forums circlejerks over

look at all my (you)

This is the first time I've seen someone understand the theme of G Reco.

Maybe. All we know is the Homeworld fleet retreated and then a big flash happened and almost all the gems on Earth got corrupted

This is unrelated to the thread,but which JoJo had the highest kill count?

>Using "steven" as a verb because you don't actually know what he does

Wow he really Steven'd up Eyeball by throwing her into the deep dark abyss of space after the both of them made it really clear that being stranded out there was just as good as being dead.

user, even if you're stating your opinion on these 2 characters i feel you ended up misinterpreting (or at least not accurately representinf) your question. if anything steven would be a better example of the trope with the reasons you've given.

Its hard for him to always understand the ways people are suffering around him, because he has this unrealistically optimistic view of the world and happiness thats slowly broken down as hes faced with more difficult decisions.

i dont know anything about the other guy but if hes as you described then its hard to really call him pure hearted, smarter perhaps, but not really pure when hes making decisions of sacrifice with a morally neutral at best mindset that its necessary to progress.

Would be better if the first instance of the word "gem" was replaced with "pearl" and the third with "quartz"

>in reality the stasis of bubbling is technically death
You're really stretching the definition of "death" here, considering bubbling is temporary.

Joseph or Giorno

I guess Giorno takes the first place tho, seeing how most of the people Joseph killed were not human
(alto one can argue that vampires and Pillar Men can still be considered people, since they are sentient)

autism
and we both know

Not to mention, "befriending the enemy" is a Jojo tradition ever since Jonathan became besties with Speedwagon

I hate Steven because he's a fat little shit. But Yugo is THE SHIT!! Quite possibly the coolest intermediate aged animation protagonist to come around in the last decade.

so you hate Steven because he is not your type

noted

Tropes make the world go round. Stereo-tropes especially.

Isn't that the reason to hate anything?

a really stupid reason, seeing how it can be easily avoided

only things that are a direct, unavoidable threat are worth even considering hating

Eyeball wont die for eons to come, unless she gets hit by comets and asteroid belts again, it really has no consequences when Steven did it, it's really just the obvious consequence-less dabble we've been watching for 3 seasons.

He always gets away with it, even when the spaceship crashed into Beach-city it had no lasting consequences, nobody died, the businesses kept going, and there is never a cliffhanger, I mean, what if sapphire wasn't found? why not go to HW and MGS that shit up? What about a colony on Mars? why not ffs? if so than there would be an actual conflict and threat.
It's just written so, for toddlers like, OH A BAD THING, no worries, we're just going to resolve it within ONE episode two TOPS.

Come on. Atleast let there be actual dread, and not just muh feels, muh I had six thousand years to resolve my feelings and learn how to deal with them, but let me cry for one episode and resolve that real quick bullshit.

If only there where actual consequences, I bet it would have been so good, even Cred Forums would let there be threads during off season.

>09/22/16(Thu)20:52:54
Almost 12-hours later and this thread hasn't been deleted. I am going to say something I never thought I would ever say: Damn proud of you, Mods. You actually didn't let prejudice get to you and blindly delete another thread despite it not praising SU and, in fact, starting off with it being a negative against the little bastard. Damn proud of you all. Nearly had a tear fall on that last sentence as I typed it.

Yugo would have executed Nox if a random monster didn't intervene and is a prick about wanting to get with Amalia
Steven there's a lot of consequences to his actions but his intentions are always good, if a bit naive.

What you are demanding is the shit that got SymBionic Titan canceled

networks hate long overarching plots, as it puts heavy limits on the re-runs
Networks want shows they can re-run in any order they please at any time, so the less consequences between episodes, the better

the mods don't delete anti-SU threads due bias
they delete them because 99% of them are spam

>Yugo would have executed Nox if a random monster didn't intervene
Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

> is a prick about wanting to get with Amalia
What? How?

Or also something that SHOULD be a THING.

Gem species, BEING an actual species, a culture, a life-form with feeding nesting and mating behaviours, a species driven into a corner of evolution and progress, and has been starting to colonise the universe for only a couple of centuries.

Just a natural step in the evolution, that is going to be forced to acknowledge the right for other species to be allowed their own planet, and their own life system, and own path of progress.
And that they would have made a grotesque miscalculation with Earth. And that an Earthling like Steven would grow to become an ambassador, along with other Earth leaders, after major conflicts and battles.

It just seems like HW has everything to demolish Earth if it wanted to, they have technology used by the lowest tier of grunts, that can teleport them millions of light-years away, weapons and forces that could wipe out solar-systems if they wanted to.

But they seem too incompetent to even do such a thing like that, yet, they have all the means to, and none of the logic and tactical understanding to back anything up. They have wasted so much potential with this, if only Rebecky suggah could have followed J. R. Tolkien's approach and had written an extensive lore prior to the show, it would have given so much more depth to it all, than just muh feels, and muh pseudo SJW fetish/watch fuel.

If anything, the gem species is far too incompetent to do the things they have done, they're like bumbling fools if anything with toys to great for their britches.

Let alone Earth, which doesn't even have an actual government or task force to react to anything that has happened in beach city for decades, where is the FBI? The Police? The actual society ffs, it's just wasted potential in material all in all.

I disagree. You have to know what to hate in order to know what to avoid. It isn't until one sits down and watches Steven Universe that one realizes why it is important to hate at all.

Yugo is the 180 degree opposite of that. You have to know what to love in order to know what to embrace. It isn't until one sits down and watches Wakfu that one realizes that there are still heroes and that heroes foster hope.

Steven, on the other hand, just makes me want to punch Rebecca Sugar in her tits.

>Is that supposed to be a bad thing?
it means he is not pure

If only there more Lore and logic to it then, than you can rerun and waste away watching, but do a little research and you truly understand the depth within a series.

Ahhh... Titan. A gem amongst gems.

there is a ton of things I avoid without hating them

hatred implies effort
and putting effort into something you do not enjoy and do not need to do is beyond pathetic

>it means he is not pure
No it doesn't. Demons run when a good man goes to war, user.

>Why isn't SU a show about BASED HUMANS FUCK YEAH purging the filthy carpet-munching xenos?

can never compare to Grim Adventures

I think the idea is once the war is over they pop the bubbles one by one and tell the homeworld gems to either go home or stay around and play nice

We don't have any information at all as to how Gems came to be, and they seem more like artificial life forms than biological.

As such asking for "nesting and mating" behaviors is outside of the scope (and seeming intent) of the species as written.

What you seem to not understand is that Gems, as a whole, are ascribing to a "I'll deal with it later" attitude, *because* they are impossibly old. Yellow Diamond barely remembers Earth, except for as a slight annoyance that she doesn't care about enough to think about in any meaningful way.

And that's the majority of Homeworld here; they don't give a shit. Especially the long-lived gems.

In fact, the response team "from Homeworld" appears to be *entirely Jasper's idea* and *Jasper's motivation*, which makes sense given her starting off on this planet.

Gems don't give a shit.
The only Gems that show much actual interest or emotion outside irritation are the ones associated with Earth.

That's literally not at all any of the points that I have addressed, they need no to be purged, just conflicted to grow either a symbiotic relationship, or resolve enough to part away.

>doesn't even have an actual government or task force to react to anything that has happened in beach city for decades, where is the FBI? The Police? The actual society ffs,
But that would get in the way of shenanigans involving beach city teenagers. The creators know how much we all love those episodes.

>I think the idea is once the war is over they pop the bubbles one by one and tell the homeworld gems to either go home or stay around and play nice
It certainly doesn't seem like Rose planned to let Bismuth out anytime ever.

Yes, that seems to be right.

Hatred implies a disposition and nothing more. Kinetic action, however, now THAT requires effort. I hate with my feet kicked up on my days off, man.

OP here, not really, what I expect of him is to ask questions, try to understand shit
not just be WOOPS WELL WHATEVER OH NO NOW I FEEL BAD

>or resolve enough to part away.
Which reading other anons response, seems to be the choice that HW made.

I tried, man. Really I did, but I just couldn't do it. I respect that show though. Titan just gets me where I live.

She had a war to worry about. You cant deal with one rouge person going all frank while the war is still going on. Once the war is all over then they can talk out her issues

>I expect of him is to ask questions
LOL But user that would ruin the air of mystique the writers are trying to force. Rather than reveal plot points and information in a timely manner that makes sense its easier to just pique the interest of viewers and keep the next answer or next question just barely out of reach that way there's lots of chatter online and shit.

The war was over for 5000 years what are you talking about?

I guess I'm just starting to get tired after all the teasing, I know this show is slow paced, but damn
its just gonna be adventure time all over again isn't it?

>but always stops to question the reasoining of each individual

I love Yugo, but I don't really think he does that too much

Switch the anime character with SpongeBob
Yes SpongeBob is Steven done right deal with it

Decompression was a mistake. But what can you do? It'd probably get canceled if most of the episodes weren't episodic.

1. We don't know that she didn't try. We don't have any real sign that Bismuth was never released and talked to again, except their reaction to the rest of the gems (during which they clearly kept secrets)
2. See above regarding Gems putting things off forever. It's not like Bismuth was suffering in there, just stasis'd. On top of that, it's fully possible Rose was looking for the conflict to be *fully over* and the homeworld gems destroyed before freeing Bismuth, and then whatever happened regarding Steven happened.

Homeworld left, the war wasnt over. The diamonds are atill out there and could show up at really any time. Plus they also had to run around trying to find and contain gem mutants

>Rose apologists
Remember this next time you're locked up without trial

True, but his demeanor and overall character are infinitely more likable than Steven. Plus Yugo is pretty thoughtful when it matters the most.

Not really. Sugar already has a planned ending for the series, and unlike Adventure Time whatever change is made to the status quo actually remains and isn't deleted in a bullshit way. Sure, the show likes to bubble things and ignore them for a while, but that's just putting them on hold, not getting rid of them.

Just because you don't agree with the subject doesn't make it spam.

he doesn't go gung-ho without having a reason or following commands

if you pay attention to the character he is always observing and listening, most notable episodes where this is shown is the first episode, the tournament, the battle with the map demon at sea, and the battle against nox, though there's a lot of moments where this happens if you pay attention to the character

Remember that next time you remember neither species has an actual societal system, or any want to have one. And they seem stern, but really are just lolly-gagging away.

>muh moral relativism!

>Sugar already has a planned ending for the series
I hope it tops all the previous progress made.

>Muh what if I actually made a species make sense a little more sense, before just whipping out episodes?

>I actually made a species make sense
Is that what they did? All this time I was thinking it was just the Rose defense force projecting to create meaning that isn't there so the big pink fatty can remain pure and untouchable.

>big pink fatty can remain pure and untouchable.
Pretty much the entire show, even the fact that she's kept MANY secrets from all her trusted loved ones, is immediately resolved and accepted by the cast, she is literally unable to be put in a bad light, because all her choices will always make sense.

Like I said, there's never any real conflict or consequences just crying and great songs, but then again, Cn's muh rerunability..

>M-Muh Rose was evil!!!
Who the fuck cares, really? She saved Earth. Fuck what the gems at Homeworld think of her, they're all brainwashed to worship their Diamonds from day one.

Maybe by their standards she's all that is wrong in the world, but ultimately she made the right choice. The only ones angry about space parasites being twarthed are the parasites themselves.

>space parasites
Pretty much, if only there more to the show than this.

>direct killing is the only real moral choice a character can make

Fuck you faggot ass OP

He's right though
I like Steven most of the time but even the tumblrinas are realizing Steven is an incredibly inconsistent character

That's all fine and dandy but they should treat it for what it is and not act like everything she did was just a-okay.

They're starting to paint Rose as less-than-perfect, if that's any good.

This actually circumvents the issues with Stets character quite nicely.

Regardless of its quality, i think we can all agree that su has become the skub of Cred Forums

No. But creators have to realize your characters can't always be above murder during a fucking war (even if it's in a cease fire state), just because your MC is a kid. And in Steven's case it's just denial on his part, he's knows he can't bubble everyone who gives him trouble and Garnet has told him repeatedly some enemies are beyond their help, but he still stubbornly takes that same approacph

It is, it only needed more of the realisation that their warlord god sweetycakes actually did horrible things that are inexcusable, and can only be seen as the right choice in terms of long-term resolutions.

not the; my Gem-smith bismuth is going overboard with the weapons, and thus I had to bubble her, oh well, even thousands of years later this hasn't changed.
If only Garnet was a little bit more heeding of the possible futures at all times, more in the sense that she knows what could happen if she didn't, opposed to being paranoid, could she have foreseen Bismuth's breaking point, and stopped her from doing what she did, and make her realise there WAS a better way, and that Bismuth was calmed down, and that she needed some time to adjust. now it's:"Rose was right, rose is always right".

So was Bismuth the only gem that thought that way and needed to be bubbled?

Rose probably has another hiding place for Legs

Maybe Rose did a little more bubble-ling if that wasn't the case, now that I think of it.

Perhaps Rose has made a little more propaganda to here name than what we have seen, and the realisation of her true nature will play a greater role next season.

I'm guessing she was the only one violent enough to need to be restrained.

I wanted the Main characters to have reasoned with her instead.

I'd have been satisfied if they at least tried.

I doubt she would have listened

She tried to kill Rose despite seeing her as a liberator

Yeah, I still don't understand why that didn't happen. With the weapon destroyed, there was nothing for Bismuth to fight them over save for the basic underlying ideology involved in its creation. If they all talked things out with her as a group, surely they could have swayed her, or at least made her a bit less stubbornly confident in her stance.

>Show about people who aren't perfect feature an imperfect mc.

Yeah he's a kid, he's not jesus. Steven should have to learn to grow as well. Although with that said if they never try and teach him this it's valid criticism .

I'm in full agreement with you two anons.

There's only so much Bismuth could have done if the CG were present, even Garnet alone could have beaten her in submission.

If bismuth was to become conflicted with her ideology during the episode, than there could have been a way, bet they didn't, the creators let her out to grant some weapon upgrades, and then bubble her with the conclusion that there couldn't possibly have been another way.

Even if she were to become conflicted, she could have ran away, only for her to come back later, and THEN to be a satisfying conclusion based on the outcome of the conflict.

They raffled her potential to grow off into a:"Thanks for the upgrades, now go away.

This.

Also checked.

It hasn't really become a full on war again yet. A few skirmishes with various members of a small data collection mission does not a war make. When Yellow Diamond finds out what happened to the cluster, that's when the war will start

>When Yellow Diamond finds out what happened to the cluster, that's when the war will start
Please this, let there be conflict and resolvement.

> I want a real war in my kid's cartoon
You're adorable.

I thought Yugo was just husbando bait.

Good examples of annoying characters: Dee-Dee, pre-movie Spongebob. It's easy to see why they're considered annoying to people in-series but they're not so annoying that they annoy the watcher.
Bad examples of annoying characters: Post-redesign Dee-Dee, post-movie Spongebob. They're annoying with little to no endearing factors.

If you seriously believe steven universe is a bad example of pure hearted yourh, you have issues and are pants head retarded.

Good argument.

>Cartoon has war
>Why have war.
You're retarded.

They will. Its been confirmed she becomes a regular later on
The real question is how many hiatuses we have to wait through to get there :^)

:^) who knows.

It wouldn't even be annoying were it now for the fact that you think Yugo is a good character.
Yugo is a crap hero who's never had to take on a villain who didn't shoot themselves in the foot.
He stumbles into ridiculous situations that are entirely of his own doing. Look at the OVAs for Christ's sake, in the first one he's firmly against Harebourg using the Dofus' to "save his people" simply because he hates Harebourg for trying to put the moves on his crush. Yugo was motivated purely by his boner and only turned out to be in the right because of plot armor.
Then in the third OVA, he takes the complete opposite position and is actively urging everyone to use the Dofus' to stop Ogrest, even though doing so risks the entire planet. Yugo is a hypocrite who is basically defined by being motivated by his own desires at this point.
Putting millions of lives at risk to save Tristepin is a hair's breadth away from the motivation Nox used to save his family in S1, but Nox is a villain and Yugo is supposedly a hero.
Again, in that 3rd OVA, Yugo only won because of Otomai, if it had been left to Yugo, the world would have been destroyed. And I doubt the meteor shower he caused fighting Ogrest left no casualties, all those deaths are squarely on Yugo.

If you wanted an example of an actually good Pure Hearted Youth, you should have gone with Joris.

You are right.
I could say so much about all this but it breaks down to you being right about everything you said.

SHATTER THE GEMS

SPACE WAR NOW

Goodness is not the same as purity

go back to /tg/!

that is pretty much one of the reasons Young Justice got canceled

Bubbling ain't death.
It is the equivalent of Phantom Zone.

but it is literally spam

you really are grasping at straws, are you?

>Why doesn't the main character of this show murder characters for no reason??

Steven is one of the best parts of the show in my opinion, leave him alone

He was about to take unnecessary violent actions purely to satisfy his revenge lust. Justifiable maybe but not pure.
And in the first OVA, he originally only opposed the count wedding because he wanted to marry amalia. They only found him guilty of wrongdoing later on completely unrelated matters for the most part.

Meanwhile you're nitpicking Steven apart where the only 2 options was use a tool to kill or be killed. And don't tell me there's some third option. Bismuth was about to kill him.

>I thought Yugo was just husbando bait.
that's because he is

THIS!

Steven is a terrible character. He is what happens when a woman with no knowledge of Adolescent boys tried to create one.

I enjoy Steven Universe but every time Steven is on screen i see him as a little girl. I think all guys would agree we have never met a Steven in real life that wasn't a girl.

That's just cause you're gay user

>unnecessary violent action
>power mad murderous maniac
Killing him is your safest bet. They weren't play patty cake user they were fighting.
>he originally only opposed the count wedding because he wanted to marry amalia
Also he knew she was unhappy to have to be in a shitty arranged marriage. Better to find her a way out than sit there.

Fuck off Adamai. No one likes you.

ITT: Crap amateur writers.

This may have been said but the plot and more is already written, and it's been stated they don't destroy Earth because it's not a considered a threat or would be a waste of resources. They stopped caring after the nuke. And how do we know they're not going to be interested again?

Adamai did nothing wrong!
But in all seriousness, Wakfu quite quickly fell victim to ridiculous power creeps that ruined the setting and the characters.
The story isn't continued because there's a natural continuation of the narrative, it's continued by a desire to make everything bigger, better and more animu. There's no rhyme and reason to the events or motivations, there's nothing at the show's core which really defines it thematically, it's just escalation and rule of cool for their own sakes, which is fine but not particularly impressive.

Dude was raised by three women

okay but that's lazy bitch shit

It's been over 3 seasons already, aif he hasnt learned that at this point then chances are he never will.

Both kinda suck, and both really don't appeal to me. They are over the top enthusiastic which just urks me off for some reason. Out of the two, Yugo is more tolerable to view. Verses Steven, whom just won't shut the fuck up about friendship, singing gay ass songs with his ukulele of shit, trying to be everyone's goddamn friend and then getting all depressed like a whinny bitch when he can't make a friend, cus' "I don't understand, i thought everyone wanted to be friends". He acts and sounds more like a little girl than a boy. On top of that he looks like a mix between an albino pig-orc mixed with a trans-gentile shekel-sexual. And I don't wanna even start off how I hate the undertones of Tumblr that seep out of it. I thought SU had some awesome potential, as did for AT, but both went spiraling down hill.

Yugo I don't care for much either, but at least he's not so goddamn annoying as Steven. Steven is an annoying little shit whom resembles more of a feminized girly boy than that of an actual male child.

Have invading gems killed anyone?

>resembles more of a feminized girly boy than that of an actual male child.

That's what women want male children to be like.

>Gem species, BEING an actual species

The big reveal might be that gems are not a real species, but artificial servants of long extinct race and the incompetence is simply because they weren't made to think for themselves.

Nice thanks.

Saved.

Yeah pretty much, we'll see.

I was thinking of something similar, I myself see it as a creation, that was an attempt at perfect worker ants for a species(similar to what you've said), or immortality(End goal being of transferring the mental states of the creator species to the new gem based species(perhaps)). But got away from their creator(s) one way or another, and are now just mainly following protocol, with some Niche wantings of upper-class society norms and values.
But it's most definitely NOT a species of life-forms, that follow a life cycle with a beginning or an end, that would repeat it's life cycle to promote mutations to adapt to their environment.
They're more likely to be an inorganic gem based AI, with the capacity of functioning not unlike a human's brain, but it's a interesting show nonetheless.

How is homeworld incompetent if we haven't even seen a quarter of their fire power yet? Yes YD has plans that got stopped, but clearly they aren't huge in the grand scheme of things if their empire can afford to ignore the planet for long periods of time.

I hope they do, and I hope the crewniverse gets to show that.

I just feel they don't really owe up to their prowess in the show, is all, they have not shown enough to make me believe that they do.
But I guess we haven't seen that much of it just yet, so, fingers crossed.

This may very well be the most autistic thing I've ever read

>His hatred and anger was so great that he was willing to fuse with Connie just to get revenge.

Didn't they explicitly mention they both wanted to teach Kevin a lesson because he was a smug prick? I mean the whole point of the episode was that that you shouldn't let hate and anger fuel your actions.

>Not caring about ronaldo's happiness

there's an episode where he goes trough a lot of shit just to make up for the fact he destroyed ronaldo's worldview even tho said worldview was completely retarded, Steven got kidnapped and beat up for it but he still remained friendly to ronaldo.

>Lapis was trying to confess that she wasn’t perfect, that she had done bad things, but Steven refused to believe or even listen to her.

When?, no really, steven didn't said anything, jasper boarded the ship and they faced her immediately so i don't know what the poster is talking about with "Steven refused to believe or even listen to her."

>And as soon as Jasper appeared, Steven outright called her a bad person. The possibility that Jasper might have suffered through her ordeal meant absolutely nothing to him. Jasper was big, loud, pushy, and that apparently meant that she was evil

Or maybe it's because, you know, openly boasted about wanting to beat his mom, tried to kill them with a giant ship, forcibly defused Garnet, beat him up, threw them all in jail to take them to homeworld to be possibly executed or worse, and then tried to manipulate lapis and use her against them. That last paragraph in the pic is exceptionally dumb considering the effort and trust steven put into redeeming peridot, same with bismuth and eyeball, even tho all of them tried to kill him he still wanted them to be friends.

It's kinda weird how people here use "I like the show btw :^)" as some sort of magic charm phrase that allows them to post factually wrong arguments. I mean what's the point of announcing you watch something if you're immediately gonna say something that contradicts this