Calling it a dark ride is an insult to dark rides

Calling it a dark ride is an insult to dark rides.

Other urls found in this thread:

themeparktourist.com/features/20150310/30034/depth-retrospective-extraterrorestrial-alien-encounter
youtube.com/watch?v=hqb4KTm4AvE
wdwnt.com/
touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/closures?v=1v&utm_expid=113067442-104.nOSSXlJVQkKp82SQbRWuVw.1&utm_referrer=https://www.google.com/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Man, fuck that ride. I saw it when it was the Extra-TERROR-estrial Alien Encounter and it was incredible. But it was too scary for the widdle ones.

Fucking finally.

It's a dark ride. Not a good one, but it moved a little.

It was a stationary seating/building, actually.

>semi beloved

Who the fuck loved this?

That thing was worse then Disney Ribs.

You could say they're... gonna wreck it.

okay so it was the Alien one. I never rode the stitch ride so I couldn't remember what it replaced.
I remember riding it back when it was some kind of launch simulator to mars or something

How does this make you feel, Cred Forums?
Sad? Or excited?

The original ride was better so it is no great loss.

And Disney is really missing the opportunity to get a large Wreck it Ralph arcade.

And the Bugs Life theatre could be converted into a Zootopia "Tour with the ZPD".

Disney Ribs?

>Wreck it Ralph arcade.

Soooo.. Disney Quest?

Disney world ribs, aka the coldest, most grimey tasting ribs you'll ever have. Which is embarassing considering disney world has several 5 star resturants

>It's getting replaced
Fucking GOOD.

Please bring it back. I know they won't but god fucking dammit I want to experience this

I said Large. Disney Quest has, what, 20 machines?

They should import all those Japanese arcade machines that never made it across the sea.

Revive arcade Mechwarrior too, why not.

Damnit. I always wanted to go to this when inwas younger. Fuck.

>that feel when you are old enough to have experienced the original Jaws ride at Universal Studios as a kid

I pity the coming generations.

Disney quest had a fucking tank ride where you shot people with baseket balls it was plenty fucking big.

>semi-beloved

By fucking who?

do any of the Universal Rides have real fire shooting out so close you can feel it like the Earthquake, Jaws and King Kong rides?

Disney Quest has a bunch of custom "ride" games too. Cyberspace Mountain, that Jungle Cruise rafting thing, the Pirates of the Caribbean cannon battle, the Alien Encounter inspired shooter, VR Magic Carpets, and that Mighty Ducks pinball thing

>Disney World
Funny, I had them at Disneyland and they were fucking delicious

The Mummy has fire effects

ALSO BEING TAKEN OUT OF DISNEY WORLD:

WORLD OF ENERGY (EPCOT)

SWIMMING WITH SHARKS (Typhoon Lagoon)

PRETTY MUCH ALL THE NIGHT SHIT AT ANIMAL KINGDOM

BIG THUNDER IS DOWN FOR REFURB

THERE MIGHT BE PLANS FOR A THIRD MONORAIL TO ANIMAL KINGDOM

The Transformers Ride does if I recall. Can't remember any others since I haven't gone in a while.

>the Alien Encounter inspired shooter
Wat

Hold the phone, George Lucas helped make Extra-terror-estial?

Disneyland does everything better, though.

Love me some Flo's v-8.

>PRETTY MUCH ALL THE NIGHT SHIT AT ANIMAL KINGDOM

Nope, just being put on hold until mid November when Rivers of Light finally opens. Show's currently having dress rehearsals and is expected to start Cast Previews in October.

Yeh.
Here's a 6 page article about it's development. Pretty interesting stuff
themeparktourist.com/features/20150310/30034/depth-retrospective-extraterrorestrial-alien-encounter

Invasion: An Alien Encounter

Game set in the world of Alien Encounter where you rescue colonists from marauding alien beasts while aboard XS-Tech walker tank thingies. Chairman Clench appears in the preshow.

FUCKING CHILI-DOG smell for days! Anyone else get that from the ride? It burned into my nostrils

They aren't doing the night safari, I think. fucked with the animals, or something.

Speaking of Animal Kingdom, are they building Avatar land now? I know they're busy with Star Wars but I haven't really heard anything Avatar

Yes. A lot of construction and you can see one of the floating island things is in place

Huh. I guess it really shouldn't be a surprise Disney would eventually own Lucasfilm in retrospect.

how the FUCK have I never heard of this?

Is it good?

It's pretty much built. It's in final stages, could possibly be opened this year/early next year.

youtube.com/watch?v=hqb4KTm4AvE

>THERE MIGHT BE PLANS FOR A THIRD MONORAIL TO ANIMAL KINGDOM
beep beep beep there goes the bullshit alarm

I wonder if it will finish when Avatar 2 comes around, I'm sure they'll both generate tons of hype oh who am I kidding?

Yeah, it's been making a ton of progress. It's just you know, it's Avatar. Nobody gives a shit.

Nope, they want to add a monorail to the other parks, since the monorail is more efficent at transport then the buses.

Quick reminder that the original concept for Extra-Terror-estrial involved Xenomorphs.

Care to give us a source on this stuff?

>That far into development I didn't hear a thing about it
That doesn't bode well. on the other hand I've only now just started to pay attention to theme park news.

Two Rides: One about riding the Space Pterodactyls using Soarin's ride system and a gentle boat ride along Pandora's rivers.

Restaurant is a repurposed version of the military compound or something.

Yeah, that's pretty far along from when I was there a couple months ago.

Their nighttime glowing plants will make or break it, hopefully it looks nice.

TRON WHEN

As much as I love the Alien franchise, it feels uncomfortable to have it in a Disney park and I have no idea why they thought it would fly.

That seems more like a Universal type ride, hell they put an Aliens maze for their Halloween Horror Nights.

Let's be honest here.

Aside from it being the highest grossing film ever,(because of 3d ticket prices) do people actually care about Avatar and do you think this was a smart plan by Disney?

wdwnt.com/

shark tank is being closed because it's costly, set to close OCT 3 and is being replaced by the new slide.

World of Energy is where the Guardians of Galaxy coaster is suppose to be going at Epcot. It's still up in the air, so there's not confirmed date of closure

Some guy corrected me on the Night stuff for Animal Kingdom, but that all is being put on hiatus. They had a ton of problems with River of Light.

Big Thunder's refub is from the 8 of this month to the 19th of november
touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/closures?v=1v&utm_expid=113067442-104.nOSSXlJVQkKp82SQbRWuVw.1&utm_referrer=https://www.google.com/

That sounds amazingly underwhelming and I love Soarin'

Disney Parks blog...

>one train breaks down
>entire track is closed
>more efficient
???

Nobody cares about Avatar. Nobody.

It's now basically regarded as a multi-million dollar tech demo, that other better movies have used as a template.

Kinda ironic considering Avatar is one of the reasons Princess and the Frog didn't do as well as Disney wanted.

It might have been because they already used Alien for the great movie ride, so they could easily get the license for another ride

Would have made it even more terrifying though

Not really

I think Avatarland was mostly Disney scrambling because Universal had Harry Potter in their pocket.

Obviously given foresight, getting started on a Star Wars expansion earlier would have been much smarter.

This fucking scared me as a kid

There are lots of people who were genuinely in love with Avatar.
But Disney is now using box office success to dictate their construction projects to avoid any repeat of Dinosaurs.

Years ago, a Cast Member user told a story about how there was some exec/management meeting where none of the people in the room were capable of naming a character from the movie.

Avatarland is the textbook definition of jumping the gun. Like Bob Iger was so scared shitless by how well Harry Potter was doing for Universal that he was scrambling to find any good counter and went with the least memorable highest grossing film of all time and because he made this big announcement spectacle out of it (and Animal Kingdom needed an expansion to justify nightime hours), he found himself stuck with it even after getting Star Wars.

Meanwhile, Eisner was announcing projects and never following through all the goddamn time. Did you know the spot where they built Rock n' Rollercoaster was going to be a Dick Tracy ride using the Indiana Jones ride system?

>tfw you got accepted to do the disney college program

>the monorail breaks down
the monorail has a near 99% operation rate.

What's funny is that it helped popularized 3D movies again and it's largely because of it that 3D has been a thing for years... and yet very few movies actually shoot in 3D and just do a 2D to 3D conversion. Avatar's 3D didn't actually revolutionize anything, it just made it easier for studios to slap "3D" on something to sell extra tickets without having to do the work.

You guys are reading too much into it

You haven't heard shit about Toy Story land either.

Star Wars Land is where all the hype is going.

how is it

Hell, I believe the first Digital 3D movie was Disney's Chicken Little.

All Avatar did was prod installation of Digital 3D systems in theaters nationwide.

>You haven't heard shit about Toy Story land either.

Because they've done it twice overseas already (soon to be thrice, Shanghai's getting it next year) and the only remarkable thing about the American one is that the attraction lineup is different. And most American fans see the Toy Story Lands as a cancer.

Somewhere in the distance you can hear Jeffery Katzenberg laughing then crying

>It turned out that guests were screaming longer than expected

It's one of those deals that just looks worse and worse as time goes by. Like when the actual deal was struck Avatar was still somewhat big and Cameron was right on the verge of making sequels, which would have kept the hype alive while the attractions were being built.

But now it's forgotten and Cameron swears they're really going to get started on four new movies, for real this time, but he's been doing this "okay, now we're REALLY gonna do it, we start shooting next year!" song and dance for six fucking years with no sign that anything is actually being done.

Who knows, if Cameron's actually doing it and making four Avatar movies that actually stick to the current schedule he has laid out, Avatarland may turn out to be a sound investment as a half a decade of near continuous movies would help get the public excited for it. Then again, it's James "I promise I'll get to work let me just go jack off in my bathysphere one more time" Cameron.

I don't give a shit about Avatar as much as the next guy, but I trust Disney on this. I fucking hate Cars but Cars Land is so cool that the idea of just exploring a lush environment that Pandora can provide sounds promising. I'm afraid they might lose me when I actually see what they do for the Na'vi, though.

Fuck I hated Jaws so much for that as a kid. I have temperature sensitivity something awful and it would hurt SO BADLY and of course my mom never listened and would always have me closest to the fire.

Fucking nothing.

Old ride was infinitely better; the stitch reskin wasn't even around that long.

>Then again, it's James "I promise I'll get to work let me just go jack off in my bathysphere one more time" Cameron.

You see, that's what I'd hire James Cameron to do: De-Nemoize The Living Seas. He'd be the perfect choice to revive and reboot the whole Sea Base Alpha concept.

And while I'm at it, have Guillermo del Toro and William Joyce head a Journey into Imagination reboot bringing back Dreamfinder.

The whole "Guest Imagineer" thing they did with Lucas back in the day should really be brought back in force.

Enjoy the wild rampant sex in Vista Lay.

Cars is many things, forgettable isn't one of them, in addition to being one of Disney's golden children of merchandise.

You can bet your ass they worked as hard as they could to make Cars Land great, there's a reason why Radiator Springs Racers is nearly two hours a wait.

Avatar on the other hand has neither memorability, nor Disney caring enough about it since it just something they got the rights to to make Animal Kingdom more lively.

Guillermo needs to get back to that Haunted Mansion movie reboot before Disney gets him to do anything else.

Cars is only as detailed as it is because of John Lasseter's clout in the company. He fought hard to keep them from cheaping out on it because Cars is his pet franchise, like to the point where Cars is the only Pixar franchise that has a guy making sure all the spinoffs stay consistent with Cars "canon" like what Star Wars has.

>SWIMMING WITH SHARKS (Typhoon Lagoon)
I'm upset. Gonna miss my niggas parrot fish and bonnet head shark.

Spiderman

He's got a script he's satisfied with, he's just waiting for Disney to give it the greenlight and he's hoping for an opening in the schedule to do it.

I just think del Toro's an ideal man for the job because he got Disney to get off their asses to put Hatbox Ghost in and that frankly, Guillermo del Toro is pretty much just Mexican Dreamfinder anyways with Bleak House being his Dreamport

Transformers and Spider-man are the exact same ride.

When does Marvel's contract with Universal expire?
I bet Disney already has plans for dozens of MCU attractions

God I hope it happens

HM deserves a better movie than it got

One isn't unbearably obnoxious though

Never. Universal's actually planning an MCU based Avengers ride right now as a Dr Doom replacement.

But apparently Doctor Strange is free for Disney to use in Florida in addition to Guardians, so expect him to get stupidly shoved in somewhere soon.

You best not be talking shit about the Spiderman ride.

It's still the GOAT dark ride in terms of story, effects and experience. Heck it's better than most Spider-man movies.

>he got Disney to get off their asses to put Hatbox Ghost in
Explain please. Don't know much about the Haunted Mansion.

Enjoy the discount food, wild sex, and being the happiest slave on earth.

I'll never forgive Universal for getting rid of the back to the future ride.

What possible canon does Cars have?

The first one was alright and Cars 2 is the reason I stopped watching Pixar movies

>Dr Doom replacement.
Fuck, that's one of my favorite themed rides.

It's just amazing to enter the Latverian embassy and see the huge nonstop Doom wanking.

I blame Fox for this.

>Universal's actually planning an MCU based Avengers ride right now as a Dr Doom replacement.
They can do that?
It was great but it was pretty outdated

On the upside the line for the replacement ride is 90% clips of golden era Simpsons.

>sex

>Never
Gonna need a sauce on that pally. Universal might be thrifty and like to pretend they own everything but every contract has an expiration date, and I doubt Disney is just going to lay back and let their competition use one of their biggest money makers against them

>Guardians and Doctor Strange in Florida
Nope. Too risky to risk legal trouble on a loophole that might not work, and potentially lose money for them

>tfw it's not even in Japan any more because they're putting Minions in

Large groups of like minded people in their sexual prime under large amounts of stress can and will fuck like rabbits.

Bayformers user. I was implying Bayfromers

All right then. I couldn't believe how much commiefornians were wanking to how great the Transformers ride they got in Universal Studios Hollywood was only to find out that it was a complete ripoff of the Spider-man ride.

The Hatbox Ghost was a character designed and built for the Haunted Mansion when it opened. Living in the attic, the idea was that his head would disappear off his shoulders and reappear in his hatbox, synced up to the Bride's heartbeat, but the effect never worked as intended, so it only lasted for a few weeks.

But he still appeared in promotional material and storybooks of the period and that combined with the memories of those that did see him ended up resulting in the Hatbox Ghost gaining a Boba Fett-esque following among Mansion fans online in the late 90s and 2000s and Disney decided to start making merch to get some of those fanboy bucks.

Guillermo del Toro is a massive Haunted Mansion fanboy himself and decides to pitch a Haunted Mansion movie to Disney with the Hatbox Ghost as the starring character. When he first announced this project at Comic-Con several years ago, he specifically mentioned in interviews that his hope was that with this movie project, Disney would have no choice and would have to put the Hatbox Ghost back in the ride somehow and figure out how to make the effect actually function. Hatbox Hype became a little more mainstream in the process and Disney finally put a functional Hatbox Ghost in last year for Disneyland's 60th.

It really doesn't, it's just marketing jargon to make people interested in the Cars Universe and the merchandise.

Granted they tried to make it into something with those Planes movies, but they were shit and nobody cares about them.

That sounds really cool. Del Toro is such a bro

Neither cost has nothing to brag about for Universal

>de toro haunted mansion

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

Ain't as bad as they florida did with Reign of Kong.

Oh man, that ride is hilariously awful.

Diagon Alley is really fucking good

The contract's online. It's one of those "perpetuity" deals. As long as Universal's fine with paying Disney royalties and maintains a quality experience, they keep the characters.

>Nope. Too risky to risk legal trouble on a loophole that might not work, and potentially lose money for them

Universal's Contract just covers the character families in Avengers, Spidey, Fantastic Four and X-Men, with the contents of the Avengers family being based on "Did this character get to be an Avenger from anywhere up into the mid-90s when this contract was created?"

Guardians of the Galaxy as we know it today came along well after that and Doctor Strange didn't become an actual Avengers member until the early 2000s.

Disney lawyers aren't stupid and they've been very careful in figuring out who they have.

Doctor Strange movie preview inside the One Man's Dream theater and a meet and greet are already being planned for Hollywood Studios.

Comics, video games, rides, the Planes movies. But it's a continuity that no adult cares about except John and the guy he hired to oversee this.

LIke when Disney had some "Ride in a Car from the movie Cars" thing at that Raceway in Disney World, they picked two background characters from the race in the first movie because you can't have two Lightning McQueens going around or let kids ride inside Lightning McQueen.

eh I more upset about the tower of terror having a gaudians of the galaxy theme over it.

I don't think that any MCU stuff fits in any of the WDW parks.

Maybe in Hollywood Studios but they are already turning most of it into Star Wars + Toy Story.

You can see this every time the Olympic games roll round or the stories that come out of base camp during the Everest climbing season, AKA the highest party on Earth.

That's why they'll probably be putting Guardians in Epcot in place of Energy because theming in Epcot is out the window

Indeed. I didn't sleep the entire night after I went on Jaws the right. Goddamn cousin refusing to switch seats with me so I get stuck in the area were the goddamn shark shows up the most.

That's why they're planning on cramming Guardians of the Galaxy into fucking Epcot.

What they should do is when Star Wars and Toy Story are done, put "The Marvel stuff we can use" into the "Indiana Jones stunt show and part of the parking lot behind Star Tours" area initially proposed for Star Wars Land. Retheme Star Tours into Guardians and build new attractions for Dr. Strange, Big Hero 6 and the Incredibles because the other catch with Universal's contract is that Disney can't use the Marvel name to promote these rides in their Florida parks, so you might as well make it a general superhero area.

Sounds like fun.

only the shitty one is getting the reskin.
The TOT at world isn't.