Is buying comics a waste of money?

Is buying comics a waste of money?

While I want to support my local comic shop, I also don't want to shell out $100+ when I have /fit/ related sups to buy.

I'm in college, so idk if that should warrant me to pirate comics or not.

What kind of supplements do you buy?

>needing /fit/ sups

>Is buying comics a waste of money?

Do you really feel the need to ask this?

Just eat the books pussy

Who the hell says you have to shell out 3 digits? Budget it.

Protein powder, creatine, bcaas, it basically totals out to 100 dollars and change about every month

>Using sups
>Not just filling longboxes with comics then using them to lift

You're doing life wrong OP

No because if the comics you buy go out of print (well stuff like omnis anyways) then they can become pretty expensive.

Op here,I guess I'll only buy the ones I like.

I also bought pic related for waifu reasons, and I don't mind buying the rest of this raven run, but is batman rebirth any good?

Well no shit. Don't buy comics you don't like.

Current Batman and Detective Comics rebirth books are pretty good.

You don't have to buy everything, friendo.

And keep in mind, too, that comics in the past were 1) WAY cheaper and 2) way less abundant. Like, I recently did the math, and you could buy a month of DC Comics in 1963 for $30 -- and that's adjusted for inflation.

IMO:
1) Make a monthly budget.
2) Think about what comics are really worth buying and owning. Just the ones you like? The ones that should get attention? The popular ones that your friends/family/future offspring might be interested in? Things that might have resale value (top fucking kek)?
3) Buy accordingly. Try not to go over your monthly budget by too much.

I killed my pull list a couple of months back. I dont miss spending the money on them or feeling the need to go get them. i just miss supporting my comic book guy cause he's an old bro and liked to support his shop. felt weird. it was like breaking up with someone.
i download them all now.

>Current Batman and Detective Comics rebirth books are pretty good.

>he didn't drop all his Rebirth books

>being this weak

>I'm in college, so idk if that should warrant me to pirate comics or not.

Piracy needs no excuse user. It is the right thing to do. The faster we destroy industries backed by artificial scarcity the better off the world will be in the long run.

>

The only one who can determine that is you. If you feel you're wasting your money, you are.

>I guess I'll only buy the ones I like.

BRILLIANT

It's a good thing you're in college.

This. I love my store so much, but it's just better in the long run to only buy trades and from IST

Personally, I only buy comics as trade paperbacks these days, after decades of buying singles. It's like $20 every six months to support your favourite series. Anyone can afford that. Pick six series you like and buy one per month and you're set.

>It's like $20 every six months to support your favourite series
Buying TPB don't keep series in print, floppy sales do.

It's only a waste if you buy too many comics you don't like. Pick your top 3-5 DC Rebirth books and just buy those.

I am going to my shop tomorrow and removing all marvel from my pull list.

T H I S

Living is a waste of money, tbqh.

Who cares?

If your favorite series gets cancelled because you were trade-waiting it, don't complain to Cred Forums about it.

The nearest LCS is almost 2 hours away, and at this point it's honestly not worth giving marvel money for the product they're producing.

So yes buying comics is a waste of money, get swell

I don't.

>Marlel is the only comic publisher
Get fucked idiot. I say this as a long-time Marveldrone.

Just fucking buy what you liked afterwards cause your money is all that speaks.

You don't need to be paying for all that shit when most of it is garbage.

read online as much as you can, then buy the trades or hardcovers of the runs you really like. Easy peasy.

lol

OP it's like this: if you don't buy comics, what are you going to read when you're at the hospital because you made your heart explode?

that's slightly less true for DC and much less true for smaller companies from Image on down

Marvel is the only one that doesn't really factor in trade sales to whether a series gets more or not
probably because they're shit at trade sales

books don't have pussies

Right?

He should be learning to cook professionally in his spare time. It's much more impressive, it'll bring him and the people around him joy to eat well for the rest of his life, and he can stop eating supplements made out of powdered food that do fuck-all he couldn't get from eating properly, so he could laugh when the roidmonsters at the gym are complaining about their dicks dropping off.

You have an amount of money and you spend everything that's not needed for survival according to your preferences. Do you want to buy more comics or more /fit/ stuff?

Why not just buy trades?

Buy them because you're not a dirty theif. Donate them to the library whenever you get too much.

The writers may be assholes, but they deserve to be paid for their service.

Everything that's not food, shelter or the minimal amount of clothing that you actually need is a waste of money.

I spend ten or twenty per week on comics, pirate most of the big two stuff and buy trades of the ones I really liked.

comics would definitely be healthier.

the thing is, if you know shit about comics reading them anyway won't harm you.

Why the fuck would you use any of that garbage, let alone actually spend money on it?

See:

Sorry you have such weak genetics that you have to resort to so much supplemental bullshit.

>people deserve to get paid for bad work

>buying comics for collectors resale
back to the 90s with you

And not "wasting" money makes for a dull life. I spend about $30 on average a week sometimes more with variant covers (my store prices them much lower than ebay sales, sometimes I flip them) My point is op buy things that bring you happiness. You can have a healthy, toned body with proper workout and diet. (Spartans surely didn't have powders) but you can produce comics out of nothing. And while I can't speak for everyone, I dislike screen reading as opposed to a physical copy. And enjoy having a physical collection.

>warrant me to pirate comics or not.

do you feel entitled to entertainment regardless of the ethics involved?
then pirate them,

are you not a piece of shit?
then buy them.