The Lion Guard

Disney is really stretching these last few season one episodes out. Season two won't be ready until next year, so we're only getting one episode a month as of late. In this one, Fuli has to overcome her disdain of baboons when she rescues a baby, and Kiara's sycophantic friends get her stuck on an island.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HlO_yrxzilw?t=15m23s
youtube.com/watch?v=WAzTO8GMZhk
youtube.com/watch?v=vXePxRHwe44
youtube.com/watch?v=IWd6iJxQUYA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

To scare some vultures away, Fuli claims to be on a hunt and threatens to eat them. The show often ignores that she's a carnivore, so I'll take scenes like that whenever I can get them.

I see this show still has the popularity of a bad rash. At any rate, the episode is about to come on. Both Disney Channel and Disney Junior are airing it. I watched it On Demand earlier.

I won't watch it until they bring back hyena girl

She was listed as a recurring character, but they're running out of season one episodes. To my knowledge, there are only six episodes left in the season. One of them is the one they delayed due to the boy being eaten by an alligator. One is the Kovu, Nuka and Vitani episode. That leaves us with four unknown ones.

October's episode is "Beware the Zimwi". Sites are translating that Swahili word several ways, but it basically means goblin or ogre. Guessing it's the closest thing they have to a Halloween episode, even though it clearly isn't.

i want to fuck everything

>still trying to create discussion about this thing

you realize this is a board for manchildren, not manbabies?

Two of the other episodes were vaguely described in iTunes' description for the second half of the season.

>Ono meets his idol.

>When Nala takes Kion and Kiara on a journey, Simba is left in charge of the Lion Guard.

Show isn't very popular on that front, either.

Nothing I say will ever convince you. We've probably had this exchange a dozen times. But if the show were like Dora the Explorer or, hell, even a Wow Wow Wubbzy, I wouldn't be watching it. I can't deny that it's a preschool cartoon because the network has made it abundantly clear that's how they see it, but it's not like any other preschool cartoon out there. It's long-form. It has a coherent plot. It doesn't try to educate or talk down to viewers.

There have been some great movies over the years that were TV-G. We don't view those as inherently inferior to the PG-13 movies. If you can tell a good story and have interesting characters, that's all that matters.

>Ono meets his idol

Oh boy, an Ono episode.

I was wondering when he'd get more screen time. I want to hear more of his cute voice.

Who would his idol be? Can't be Zazu. Wouldn't they have met by now?

actually this is the first time I entered a lion guard thread. still pretty good answer, but come on man, cartoons made for preschoolers can't really satisfy an adult brain imo whatever floats your boat though

Zazu would be nice, but it would depend on what lesson they want to teach. His idol could turn out to be an asshole. The description is pretty vague.

It could be a former Keenest of Sight. Disney isn't really trying to be realistic anymore. Not that they ever really were, but exaggerating the lifespan of a lion wouldn't be out of the question. He should at least be old and blind though, in that case.

WHAT THE FUCK? There's a Lion King animated series? Jesus. All anyone knows how to do is make sequels and reboots of old shit. Gotta play it safe all the time.

There was already one with Timon & Pumbaa back in the day.

Can't be a former, scar killed all the former members

But I think the big difference is that they took the joke characters and basically made Disney Ren and Stimpy. Lion Guard is like this weird inbetween-qel for the movies.

I wanna Guard those lions.

They're not very good friends to Kiara.

You say that as if I care about the plot.

Yeah, that show was really weird and often kind of gross. I was shocked that they somehow made that out of The Lion King.

>Eden Riegel is in this

Well shit, guess I'm watching it.

Fair enough.

Anyone got a screenshot of that disney channel user who had plot details for the cancelled lion king movie?

That was completely fake.

Well shit, sounded interesting

He killed all the members of his own guard for weird story purposes. It could be an ancient member of the guard before him. Like the one that saved Nala's father or something.

It'd be a huge leap of logic to have him still be alive, but it's not exactly the most accurate series. He could've gone into retirement when Scar took the guard and did pretty much nothing as Scar fucked up everything. Could tie in with the "his idol is a jerk" thing.

As it stands, I'd settle for them simply showing another adult lion. I mean, Simba's pride must be pretty shit as it stands. Tiifu and Zuri must have mothers, although I suppose if we were being honest, Simba would be their father as well. That's clearly not the case in the show.

As it stands.

I really need to read things before I post them. Use the same words too often.

I do it too. Happens to all of us.

This will be the last thread for three weeks. I'll give it a token bump, but I guess nobody watched the episode.

I haven't watched this since the season premiere.

I also watched it during a lecture, and the people behind me were laughing at me.

i want to have sex with it

>Show isn't very popular on that front, either.
Whats the appeal then? at the least mlp had comedy and good characters, what does lion guard bring to the table?

From what I remember it was about Kiara's son that goes missing after a "revolution"

Simba dies, Kiara's son grows up and there's a battle to take back the Pride Lands

Was obviously a fake as he said no Lion King 2 characters would be in The Lion Guard, but Vitani is

Based on how many replies these threads usually get, I'm inclined to say that there is no appeal. I like it because I do think it has good characters. I enjoy the show. I wouldn't watch it if I didn't enjoy it.

I watched the episode, but there isn't much to say I'd guess.

Kiara's friends are both vapid bitches, to the point that it's actually hard to believe. They must've been stoned during the episode.

Oh, and Fuli brought a baby baboon back to his family. In the process she fought off vulture!Janja (Mzingo has a pretty cool gimmick with his flock. He doesn't deserve to be regulated to "stand-by Janja".) And learned to appreciate baboons in general and overcome her weird racism. Or not. Whatever.

The parliamentary procedures get old after a while with the vultures.

It's for pre-schoolers lmao

Man up and watch a real cartoon

True, but that's why they shouldn't be appearing as much as they do.

I kinda thought Mzingo was working for Janja anyway though. Why is he suddenly more independent? And why does he have to have lackeys who are pretty much the same as Janja's? He should just be working for Janja most of the time and have a couple special, possibly Ono-focused, episodes where he operates the parliament.

Is Scars son in it yet?

Have you seen Cartoon Network lately? During their premiere blocks, for things like Clarence and Gumball, they have a bunch of little kids introduce the shows. They want to show the audience. Every time Cred Forums watches those cartoons, which are very popular on here, they are constantly reminded that they are for little kids. Yet nobody stops watching because of it.

If you want to watch adult cartoons, you'll be stuck with some of the worst cartoons out there. Enjoy watching non-stop Drawn Together and Family Guy re-runs.

Fucking nu males

Watch some tarvosky or 90s marvel and shit like that, all your shit here is for kids and fat women

Fucking lion guard kek

>nu
What?

shut up you g*y f*ggot

Edgy.

>Every time Cred Forums watches those cartoons, which are very popular on here, they are constantly reminded that they are for little kids. Yet nobody stops watching because of it.

I haven't watched a cartoon on actual television with commercials and everything in probably almost a decade.

>When Nala takes Kion and Kiara on a journey, Simba is left in charge of the Lion Guard.
YES!! I never knew I wanted this.

Artificial and homoexual

Shit bait

One last bump.

I fucking love this show, fuck anyone who thinks it's childish

It's the fucking lion king, it's a continuation of my favourite animated movie

im going to wait till its on netflix 4 years from now

I'm glad they tried to include The Lion King 2 as canon. They had no real need to honor it. They could have completely written Kiara out of the show. But they kept her.

I want Kovu

Yeah mate

I don't think the lion king 2 is as good as the original but it's just as nostalgic for me

Always wanted to see a continuation of it as well

Why are they so purrrfect?

Been meaning to ask, did that rumor ever amount to anything? The one where Sora (in his lion cub form) makes a cameo. Or was that just some user lying and BS?

I have no idea what the fuck you're even talking about. I don't recall there ever being a rumor about that. Disney doesn't want anything to do with Kingdom Hearts anyway.

They knew what they were doing

They're probably gonna pull an EGB Egon on him...he'll be too slow and lack the stamina to keep up with the crew, despite still being in his prime.

It's also possible, if they really want to try to stick with The Lion King 2's canon, that the episode in question will be the Kovu, Nuka and Vitani episode. Kiara was established as not seeing Kovu again after that time they met as cubs. If both Kion and Kiara are conveniently out of the pride-lands, any episode with them wouldn't necessarily cause problems there.

But I suspect they'll just ignore that detail.

Go back and re watch two, she just didn't recognize him nothing was technically said about them not seeing eachother again.

I just want Kovu to have a harem with Tiifu, Zuri and Kiara.

I watch this shit with my 3yo cousin, and I feel like some of these shows have potential, if they weren't for preschoolers. I know some of you fuckers watch them recreationally too, I saw a Miles from Tomorrowland reaction image once

The only one I've had occasion to watch is Sheriff Callie, and only because it reminds me of Animal Crossing. But its plots are blatantly childish at times and it does feel condescending. That's why I like the Lion Guard a lot, as I've said. It doesn't feel like that.

I second this.

If it were realistic, he would.

THREAD THEME

youtu.be/HlO_yrxzilw?t=15m23s

Bump.

I'd like to see a Scar Flashback episodes. Have Kion hit his head and wake back in time inhabiting Scars body.

Then Zira comes up, demanding some d...

That's way too cool an idea for this show, but I'd love to see it.

Especially if he woke up as Taka rather than full grown Scar.

Bump

there's just something weird about it.
It's trying so hard to look like the movies the parts that don't are jarring.

Maybe they'll have things figured out in season two and it'll look better.

Have they done anything romantically with these two? Or is it haram?

Kion has had more subtext with Jasiri than Fuli I'd say.

Either way he's getting some interspecies sex in the future.

I wish.

Oh my god

Oh my god, Disneys doing it again. Now they're targeting even younger chilluns
What is their endgame?

To make quality entertainment.

Does this show ever get as dramatic as the movies? Thinking of watching it, but the lack of musical themes from the first film puts me off.

>I want to hear more of his cute voice.

His voice makes me melt. I want to cuddle up with him. The big dork.

Agreed. We need more of that cute squeaky voice.

I wish. It features characters in danger. I liked the scene where Simba almost relived his dad's death.

Unfortunately it isn't EXTREMELY dramatic. It's still for kids but lacks things like incest and whatnot. It's still mature I suppose. The characters attended a funeral once.

That and they have dumb things happen like the jackal's plan...

i still can't get over how great the animation is. i love this show

What do you THINK user?

Tail looks weird here.

Do the animators want us to fuck the leopard?

He's voiced by Steve Blum, so yes.

>self censoring

(You)

The voice actors. Ono's voice actor is the oldest, although he has that condition and is the shortest. Fuli's voice actress is pretty tall.

bump

Gotta love motion blur.

bump

Ok this isnt funny anymore.
Do they know what this could lead to?!

I'm pretty certain they do. The Lion King series has brought in thousands of furries. They need more.

Possibly for some diabolical plan.

>getting hyped
>for a baby show

Jesus Christ OP, just stop.

This show is getting more toys than any of Cartoon Network's action cartoons in the last decade.

One of the guys who worked on lion king also worked on animalympics and had a scene focusing on a bouncing anthro lioness ass

youtube.com/watch?v=WAzTO8GMZhk

>The Lion King series has brought in thousands of furries

You're joking right Cred Forums? I can understand Bipedal Anthros like the ones in Zootopia sparking that kind of sexual kink. But Talking Animals?

It's one of her many assets.

You poor naive newfag.

I mean, no kidding, those are some nice looking hind legs.

That's a rapeface if I've ever seen one on a Disney show.

>This is a thing on Cred Forums

It's a cartoon and it's posted on Cred Forums. God help us.

So, when does my nigga, Kimba the White Lion come into this?

Whos that guy again?

>that's a male cheetah

eddie redmayne, his last name just makes it funnier

>my nigga
>white lion

Godammit, they packaged Reirei with the WORST part of this show!!

Reirei is just as bad so she still fits with him.

I know, right? A tree that launches coconuts? What were they thinking!

>tfw most felines aren't big enough for hot homo sapiens sapiens dick
>tfw you will never for a qt cat

Bump.

Kopa when?

Never.

Reirei is far superior. They have the sense to not overuse her, and she's kinda hot in a slutty way. Bunga is...annoyingly human, right down to his buck teeth. I'm surprised he's not missing a front tooth to show he's a kid, like they did for annoying young human male characters in 80's cartoons.

I don't suppose anybody had a download link for the episode that aired in Australia.

There are only some shitty clips on YouTube where somebody recorded their TV with their phone.

I love The Lion King, but KImba's way too good for this shit.

Bunga is based on a terrible meme.
That alone should tell you how bad he is as a character.

Unfortunately they need someone to appeal to the younger audiences. I just wish they'd keep him out of the spotlight more. The episode with him and Simba learning that they're sorta brothers (because apparently Simba just stopped speaking to Timon and Pumbaa after becoming king?) was kinda cute at least. Though he was still pretty annoying.

Those are some pretty big nostalgia goggles you've got there.

Considering Fuli's voice actress is actually a singer, I don't understand why they don't give her better songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=vXePxRHwe44

youtube.com/watch?v=IWd6iJxQUYA

Description for the next episode. It'll just be some ugly animal, I'm sure.

>When tales of a mysterious creature plague the Pride Lands, the Guard must conquer their fears and track down the elusive beast.

Might as well bump this again. Show hasn't had this much discussion since the season premiere.

>Disney's answer to sexualized ponies is sexualized lions

Some people say that's Palace Pets, but that's clearly more like Littlest Pet Shop.

Isn't it always just some ugly animal?

>that smug face

it's like she knows they're going to be raging sluts when they get older

You just reminded my of that user claiming he had a pet mountain lion that he wanted to fuck but her cunny was too small so he had to settle for finger-banging it.

bump.

That's kind of what female lions are supposed to be, right?

>that one smug face image of her on e621

This thread's lifespan has exceeded my expectations. It won't survive another night, but still, I'm impressed.

It's probably...MAN.

Announcer: Yes, man. Human in shape but satanic in spirit, Man likes to spend most of his time destroying things because he is worse than the devil if he was a pedophile. You can spot the especially bad ones by having 2-dimensional personalities, being written horribly, and having a chin size that even Bruce Campbell would be jealous of. They kidnap animals, burn down rainforests, and probably slept with your mother*. If you should see Man anywhere in your neighborhood, please make a pretentious animated feature with confused morals and no sympathetic 3-dimensional villains. Man: if there's anything worse, it's not human.
*They do mothers!!

>implying we aren't beautiful creatures.