Why did DC change Cyborg's armor back to his previous one? Movie synergy?

Why did DC change Cyborg's armor back to his previous one? Movie synergy?

Cyborg thread, I guess.

Costumes were the losers for rebirth.

Aquaman, cyborg, superman all got worse.

i guess they were trying to distance themselves from the dcyou after it flopped

i don't get why cyborg doesn't just have different body configurations depending on the situtation though, including an off-duty body.

Why are Cyborg's comics good now? What happened?

Can he upload his brain? Can Robotman do that?
Joys of Rebirth.

My takeaway from the most recent issue of Cyborg is that they are just pretending the DC You series never happened. He is back to his previous costume, and apparently can't alter his outward appearance since he went to such effort concealing his identity with clothes this week. Shame. I liked the DC You costume as well as the abilities it offered.

Yeah but it's still inexplicable how Rebirth managed to make the stories good. Are there new writers? I didn't pay much attention to the names. If they didn't get new writers, maybe the old ones took some classes or read some classic comics to get a better feel of how to write.

Cyborg has new writer, yes. Previous went to Marvel to write Nighthawk and Purple Arrow. Current writer used to work on many cartoons from 80's and 90's.

Whoa that's awesome. I always say that I should pay more attention to the writer, but I should actually start doing it. What cartoons did he write for? He really seems to understand the human condition.

Fucking humphries is writing a fantastic comic.

Can't remember everything, but I do remember Spider-Man and Static Shock.
Plus he's black.

I wouldn't say Superman got worse. lost the retarded collar, shitty stylized s shield, the red belt with mini shield, and black s on cape, but also lost red boots, got wierd bracelets, and STILL NO FUCKING RED TRUNKS

In the lead up, Johns was said to be effectively serving as EiC, working with writers and editors to make sure what everyone was conceptualizing and writing fit the style and tone the Rebirth was meant to provide the line. So as much shit as he gets, it is arguable because Johns took his abilities off of individual books written by him and provided a bit of the sum of them to every book.

One thing about race is that it does indeed have an impact in the lives of people. To make stories more believable, it does make sense to have the writer be the race of the main character, as long as his perspective isn't too unusual. Still, a person of one race may be a good enough writer that he can abstract the experiences of another race (fairly difficult IMO but possible).

But also you shouldn't base a person's job solely on race. He also has to know how to write.

I prefer Cyborg when he was just a guy with robotic limbs and metal skull.

The color is big, but Superbro's boots were superior in shape as well. The V indent at the top looks better than the diamond shape Superdad is using. Those were Superdad's pre-Flashpoint boots too so I don't know why they didn't just give them back to him.

Poor decisions all around really. It's like they include all these bad details in an attempt to distract from the loss of the trunks.

An user made this. Not necessarily for you, but lets fib and say he did. Hope you enjoy it.

>Cred Forums still thinks GLs is good

Mediocrity that isn't a miserable slog doesn't mean it's good

would he need to transfer his brain? that sounds like overkill

why cant his cyborg body just be modular?

Are you trying to say that Aquaman's DC You costume wasn't absolutely awful?

That's a real shame. It was the best design Cyborg had in years.

This looks amazing.

They should keep upgrading his designs as per the need, like how they did with Robotman in Morrison's Doom Patrol.

The only good cyborg design is with the blue circuitry. Prove me wrong

Semper sounds confident in his interviews, but I wish they'd given him to some sci fi writer and let him go crazy around Cyborg and build cybernatic DC as big as magic characters used to be.

That design was so good.

Why isn't Cyborg as powerful as MGS cyborgs? The DCU is littered with high-tech, by both humans and aliens alike.

I kinda stopped reading after Reis left, do they explain why he goes back to the old armor?

I think that Cyborg is just as powerful as MGS cyborgs but because of all the other crazy and powerful stuff in the DC universe he seems weak.

DC never uses it's tech to its full potential, pretty much every major invention or scientific innovation is just a plot device that's used to create superheroes.

He's way more powerful than MGS cyborgs, though. If you mean MGR cyborgs, well, those are non canon to their own franchise and can be chalked up to Platinum's utter inability to take it down a notch.

DC should do a game like MSR with Cyborg, and other tech/robot/cyborg heroes.