What if Christopher Nolan had directed a batman vs superman with bale and routh

What if Christopher Nolan had directed a batman vs superman with bale and routh

Why Bale and Routh?

Cavill and Affleck are much better choices for Superman and batman.

You're an idiot.

It would've been bad. If it was Bale and Cavill continuing from TDK where Batman decided to come back 15 years later or something, that would've been the perfect way to start the DCEU.

Also, is right.

Bale ve Cavill would be better. It would be dark knight returns

>would've literally been the plot of dkr
Oh shit

Might've been better than what we got. Though even still I don't see it working considering the ending of TDKR. Unless maybe it's JGL's character as a new Batman and Wayne stayed retired.

Also, Routh Superman was basically just a continuation of the Reeves' iteration. Unless it was a reboot Supes WITH Routh, then that'd be fine, I suppose.

I don't think Superman or any metahuman can work in the Nolanverse. Nolan's approach was intentionally as grounded as possible. Obviously allowances have to be made for some of the inherent unrealistic issues of someone like Batman, but the entire aesthetic and conception of Nolan's world is to be as close to realistic as possible.

I think a super being just wouldn't fit in that world, it's too jarring an element.

Why does it have to be TDKR inspired?

What if Nolan did BvS instead of TDK? Maybe Ledger would still be in it but less extreme and so he wouldn't stress himself out and overdose.

Routh and Bale's looks aged terribly.

They should've simply figured out a way to bring Batman back after TDKR so that it still works as a trilogy AND the start of the DCEU.

Though I actually think Affleck is perfect when he's not killing.

Unfortunately, Nolan wanted out and Bale wasn't gonna come back without him.

Chances are it would have been bad. Two of Nolan's Batman movies are good, but those account for his only good movies.

>Inception is not good.

>those account for his only good movies

If only Cavill's cape wasn't so damn long. It's the one thing keeping the design from being perfect.

I don't know, I kind of like it. It gives him a nice look when he's floating sometimes

>lowqualitybait.png

It's a whole lot of pomp and circumstance for a big dumb blockbuster, but sure, it's good.

>It's the one thing keeping the design from being perfect.

And a lack of trunks.

>Unfortunately

Ideally, after the events of BvS, Martha would make Clark a new costume.

But let's be real here, even if she does, the trunks are long gone at this point.

I wouldn't mind a little joking jab at the trunks at this point, I know it would piss a lot of people off.

> The Following
> Memento
> Prestige
> Inception

One thing Nolan is very very bad at though is directing his female leads.

I think it's best that Nolan didn't come back- TDKR was the weakest movie of the trilogy and I'm not really sure that Baleman would work in a DC Cinematic Universe.

On the other hand BvS was dogshit, so even if Nolan was phoning it in, he would have made an infinitely better movie.

The better option would have been to give BvS to someone who knew what the fuck they were doing like Doug Liman or Brad Bird and have a really good script that doesn't need the lead actor to rewrite it in between takes and doesn't shove in 4 movies worth of content (Death of Superman, MoS 2, DKR and Trinity) into 1 overlong film.

The absolute best option would have been not making BvS at all.

It should have been the World's Finest. Batman and Superman have a minor disagreement, then ultimately team up to take down a larger threat.

Zach Snyder doesn't understand why the Dark Knight Returns was so popular. It happened after decades of a Batman and Superman being superfriends. Starting the cinematic universe with a DKR-esque movie was retarded.

someday

I love this picture. As much as I would love to see this in an actual movie, I feel like it's enough just to see it right here.

I've come to accept that the trunks are long gone.

Trunk faggots are the worst.

I honestly love the Trunks and the Jeans/T-shirt outfit the most. The Man of Steel/DoJ outfits are about as great too. If they took the MoS crest/detailing/gauntlets and gave it the colors from DoJ it'd be the perfect movie suit.

The New52 suits weren't bad either, they just needed to get rid of the collar.

As much as I love the trunks, they need to have a decent length to them like how Frank or Quitely draws them. Most artists draw them riding up too high. They also work on brighter colored costumes. The photoshops of trunks on the Rebirth costume just look strange and don't work, especially with it's weird belt.

wtf is wrong with Cavill and Affleck?

anti-trunkfags are plebs who probably didnt like much of Superman anyway