Just saw this, fuckng inceadible, although Im slightly depressed after watching it

Just saw this, fuckng inceadible, although Im slightly depressed after watching it.

I haven't seen it yet so please don't spoil it

Yeah it's a good'n.
Surprised it is still in theaters.

Unless OP is a cheap bitch waiting for dollar theaters.

If this dosen't win best picture I swear to god....

It won't because Zootopia exists and academy voters will vote for it bcause it says Disney on the side.
daily reminder that academy voters give no fucks about the animated picture category

I've noticed in my theaters that it now actually has more showings than Sausage Party, after having half of them when it came out.

I made the mistake of taking my dad to see it a week after his mom died from complications of Alzheimer's. I didn't know what the movie was about so that was a poor choice on my part.

Luckily he still enjoyed the movie a lot.

Oof. That sounds painful. Glad he enjoyed it though.

Yeah, I was basically sweating bullets the entire time we were watching the movie, thinking "oh shit this was a bad choice."

I was relieved when he told me he wasn't bothered by it and still loved it.

Honestly it feels like experincing personal loss on that level might actually make you take more away from the movie than you might otherwise.

My local theaters aren't showing it at all, but they are still showing sausage party.

If you must blink, do it now.

Yeah the stuff with the mom got me hard because of personal stuff I related it to. I think I would have loved the movie regardless though, it was just such a good movie.

Honestly when I heard that I was thinking 'surely there's visual cues that you won't notice unless you're VERY good at watching'.

And the only one I could think of was the Grandfather Moon spirit with a crescent on his chest.

>See Kubo thread
>Click
>Tell everyone not to spoil movie in a thread about discussing the movie.

Are you a faggot?

Still waiting for it to get to one of my theaters. I don't even like going to the cinema but I have been waiting forever for this.

There were a few others.

Off the top of my head: you can see the origami warrior frantically point and struggle in the opposite direction when Kubo and co. head to that old fort, and you can spot the town bell being a helmet early on in the film when it first shows up.

I only noticed both of those on my 3rd viewing.

The Blu-Ray is coming out in 2 months.

>Kubo is the first movie I went to see in theatres in years
I do not regret it at all, fucking 10/10 movie

Is it really that good, Cred Forumsmrades? Mostly here for the comics but I do enjoy animation, Rick And Morty, Clarence, Bob's Burgers, shit like that. Really enjoyed both How to Train Your Dragon films, too. Aside from that I mostly like old Fleischer Bros. stuff.

Not only everything you said, but Zootopia FITS the current PC narrative of Leftist propaganda to indoctrinate kids with. Female cops are capable? Check. The wonders of multiculturalism between individuals who shouldn't be near each other? Check. You bet your ass this filth is going to win.

Hollyweird loves Leftist indoctrination crap.

Go back to Cred Forums.

What is this, a picture for paper samurai?

bump

It's worth it and needs every viewer it can get.

They vote for whichever film's producers bribe them the most with most categories anyway.

> it's a "Cred Forums forgets Zootopia was pro-cop" episode

>every animated film thread is doomed to become an oscar shitposting session
Come on guys. Surprised the CartoonBrew article hasn't been posted yet.

On a serious note, it's entirely possible that Disney voters will split their votes relatively evenly for Zootopia and Moana, and end up cancelling each other out. Similar things have happened, like when Deakins cucked himself for cinematography by having No Country for Old Men and The Assassination of Jesse James in the same year. That would give Kubo the best shot. I still think people will lean toward Zootopia though.

To be honest, I thought Zootopia was a better movie as well. Kubo was beautiful and different, sure, but it was also a little cliche in terms of the path the story took, and the ending was a bit underwhelming. And I'll admit they had balls to leave Kubo a sad orphan, but that doesn't make me feel any better about it.

>Yeah the stuff with the mom got me hard

perv

I saw the twists coming almost instantly but I don't think they detracted from the movie a single bit. I wouldn't even put this and Zootopia in the same league.

This was my top animated film of the year. ZT was second. Wouldn't be upset to see either win a gold statue. I just hope it doesn't go to Dory and there's no god if Sausage Party gets it.

I'll withhold judgment on Moana.