Storytime of Pain: Penance: RELENTLESS

Good evening Cred Forums,

It's been a while. I have something that sucks for you.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Jenkins_(writer)
bleedingcool.com/2016/09/22/marvel-goes-to-war-with-retailer-exclusive-covers-through-october-and-november/
mediafire.com/EssentialCapeshit#myfiles
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prisoner_(video_game)
comicsbeat.com/dc-writers-workshop-is-over-and-the-eight-chosen-ones-revealed/
farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4972956449_aff9467c89_z.jpg
twitter.com/Wheeler/status/778691213155119104
comicsalliance.com/civil-war-ii-5-recap/
blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2010/11/15/things_i_wont_work_with_nitrotetrazole_oxides
youtu.be/UvyHuse6buY?t=37
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are the little hatches by his nipples to let the blood run out? It looks kind of like a face.

I think they are!

I've defended Penance for a while, saying that it ended up giving us a lot of good stories.

This isn't one of them.

what if this is actually great

Is P-Cat, the Penitent Puss in this?

They are above the nipples and yes, normally they draw blood pouring out of it.
Honestly I liked Penance, he should've been a new character from scratch, not Speedball.

It's 2006 Paul Jenkins, YOU want to take that bet?

So October's Spider Man and Captain marvel got delayed into november, and the reason is definitely CW2 even if marvel didn't say that was the reason

ohhh shit

I like Speedball into Penance. It was dumb when the decision was made but they fixed it in the execution, and in particular Yost was going somewhere really interesting with it before his book bombed and he fucked off to write TV scripts.

LOL

So how about that mystery 1:1000 Venom variant

Is it just me or does it seem like maybe Paul Jenkins' wiki page was written by Paul Jenkins?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Jenkins_(writer)

It's hilarious to me how Marvel sees DC beating them in dollar and market share and their response is just more and crazier incentive variants

Good Job Marvel

speaking of Captain Marvel I was listening to a non-comics-related podcast today and the subject of superhero movies came up

they thought Brie Larson was cast as Ms. Marvel and that they should have used the Muslim girl Ms. Marvel instead

Yost was indeed mining it well, but that was after Ellis and then Gage had done some serious rehab work with Robbie.

This is not gonna be that

numbering=someone deleted the ads, boo

Hello Storyteller.

It's been a little while since we had an SoP. As I probably said last time, this kind of thing is needed as a reminder of what a bad comic is like, so that one can actually appreciate the good stuff.

You gotta shoot the foot that's in front of you I suppose.

i'm still excited about the Liefeld Foolkiller variant

HI SUPERMAN WHAT UP

Oh boy I love Speedball so I should enjoy this!
>This is what Marvel executives think

Sure. I just mean sort of - it was fixed, and then Yost suggested maybe we can keep going with this and it'll be interesting and not bad. But he never got a chance to deliver on that anyway.

lmao

desu it's sad that Kamala has gotten more popularity and basically better characterization and development
Not often the legacy character is more liked than the one before, especially when they're pushing the one before even harder than the legacy character

>they thought Brie Larson was cast as Ms. Marvel and that they should have used the Muslim girl Ms. Marvel instead

Well if you cant get the best Ms. Marvel, Kamala is a good second option.

I always remember that fucking Volstagg ends up killing more people than Robbie through some unrelated accident later on.

When Marvel decides that pushing Carol isn't worth it anymore I want someone to do a meta story about how she's depressed but in denial because now Kamala is more popular

That's because we don't get nice things at Modern Marvel

nipple piercings!

god this is hilarious after reading OG NW

He and someone blew the fuck up outta Soldier's Field at the start of Seige to frame Asgard/Asgardians

So basically the Illuminati Comics version?

bleedingcool.com/2016/09/22/marvel-goes-to-war-with-retailer-exclusive-covers-through-october-and-november/

Can't unsee

I had tweeted about my "why isn't Bucky getting bullied by the Thunderbolts" disappointment. The editor responded days later with "just wait". I didn't have the heart to say "But I dropped the book because the art made my retinas burn..."

GO GO SUBTLE PAUL JENKINS

I really hate to tread old ground, but it still fucking bugs me that the entire catalyst of Civil War is that a VILLAIN blows up a school, and the public and government blame the HEROES.

Marvel civvies. These people deserve to die if they insist on being so awful.

Seeing the New Warriors only referenced as wannabe TV stars always grinds my gears.

Shocking that we never got a Volstagg "Penance" arc.
>he loses his appetite for a few days

Tone down the profanity for obvious reasons, and I'd buy Illuminated Captain Marvel.

The point was also made that it is kind of interesting that Carol Danvers is someone Marvel wants to make happy and movie and all, and they're gleefully making her as horrible as possible in the comics without much of an escape hatch.

>It was IDW who started it, with a Godzilla launch in 2011.
fucking idw

Somehow, I don't think they get what we mean by bullying.

Most people just can't write Norman with as much style as Ellis did

>yfw only the fill in art issues have bucky bullying.

sometimes the art is like bad but interesting to me and readable and sometimes just trash. i think the coloring and inking hurts

Volstagg wasn't an impressionable manchild susceptible to PTSD, but a battle-hardened warrior millenia old.

Also, everyone was making fun of them for Penance by that point.

Don't you faggots know it's rude to post images on a storytime thread?

>He's a freak who killed six hundred people because he wanted to be on television.
What? No he didn't. It was Nitro who killed those people. I demand you stop being stupid at once.

Bleedball was such a stupid fucking idea.
Paul Jenkins "good to suck" ratio is heavy into the Suck side.

Just fuck my shit up, OP

I'd take serviceable bland house style over it in an instant

It's just one of those super callous overwrites. Like the exploding bus for the X-Men.

it was weird only wolverine cared about that (but does make sense)

I don't know how CWII is supposed to fit into their plans for Carol at all. But Bendis has always shit on Carol and Bendis gonna Bendis.

chill dude, a 5 issue mini isn't going to hit the limit

HI user

it's fine tonight

>Marquis de Sade
lol

man if they outright addressed the penance gig as a sexual thing that would be something else

do Penance as like out of a Mishima novel/his life

>Best Captain Marvel
I know you meant Phyla, but now you've got me wanting a Nextwave movie so fucking bad

>So how about that mystery 1:1000 Venom variant

The thing about that is how many stores can conceivably even buy a thousand copies of their MOST POPULAR book, never mind a new direction rebrand of a B-list character?

finally an adorable Champions cover

Bendis vs Movie Synergy: Whoever wins, we lose!

Midtown, maybe every single Dragon's Lair pooled as one?

d'awwww

>they thought Brie Larson was cast as Ms. Marve

Well, technically she was.

is this artist intentionally aping Deadato?

I fucking know, right?

>Slogging through ankle-deep snow
>Leaves little light footprints behind him

I just think it's funny that despite the renaming and the push normies still think she's Ms. Marvel and not Captain Marvel

What's also bullshit is the idea that the New Warriors were out of their depth.

Yeah, no. Anyone who actually read their series knows they've dealt with much tougher shit than fucking Nitro. Tai was WAY worse than Self-destruct Man.

JMSboot was not kind to Volstagg, despite using him heavily.

almost forgot we were suffering tonight

And for Uncanny Avengers. Fucking Marvel

I said best Ms. Marvel.

So Karla Sofen

the narration is a little heavy but I'm game for Beast Boy's crippling depression

We're doing Penance, har har.

that reminds me of the meta dig in Parker DA, "Why do people keep dressing me up as that woman?"

looka those fancy boots!

I'm still mad at Osborn basically existing at all after 1996 (1997? Whenever he came back to life)

Like, irrational seething anger that he shows up ever.

Sex dungeon confirmed.

my dad thought it was weird when I told him they changed her codename since it was a women's lib statement and all to have the "Ms" there

Eh. I guess there's a little of Deodato there, but to me it just looks like the typical ugly ass comic book artstyle.

This is JSA Storytime.
Pictures happen.

CLOOOOOOONE SAGA

Fuck Tai, in their first issue they beat Terrax the Tamer, a motherfucking Herald of Galactus!

Jake was the best

Someone's seen Terminator 2.

I was sore about it when it happened, but a lot of good Osborn stories have been created since then so it was worth it.

It's one of those things where it could have work if handled better.
They should have had a villain that was a direct threat to the hero under attack, the get near the school the villain fires the super death shot and the hero deflects it into the school and it hits something/someone that makes a huge bomb burst that destroys the area and kills the kids.
That would make more sense that would understandably spur a demand for change

But a b lister that shouldn't even have that level of power blows shit up? Never mind if he had that power it begs all kinds of questions why he's squating with other b listers. With that kind of power he could take jobs from Doom or Red Skull.

so what's out this coming week

>Midtown, maybe every single Dragon's Lair pooled as one?
And maybe your Mile High's or Lone Star comics who also do a lot of mail out service.

Still, it's an exclusive to what, maybe a dozen organizations?

I will forever be amused by the fact that Marco Djurdjevic got to design this character and it really shows.

>SUBTLETY: the page

>"I hate myself for the lives I have taken. I must make amends."
>"Do as I say, or I'll kill you. See, I'm going to atone for my sins by committing more sins."

is he into S&M?

why the fuck are a pair of normies watching him?

he's trying to convince himself that he is

Isn't the fact all civies are assholes actually make Marvel heroes MORE heroic?

I think Dogwelder is out?

Blue Beetle, Mr. Stroke, Naked Guy

>since it was a women's lib statement and all to have the "Ms" there
it's not the 70s any more

Mister Stroke, Hal & Pals, Sixpack/Dogwelder, and the comic that we have all been waiting for, Tarot #100

oh shit, that means I have to go to my LCS

we've gotta read some more Tarot

GAH. Karla is fucking MAD.

what's the first issue of NOWer! to come out?

No, he's drawing like Paul Gulacy. He's basically had that style since like, the 70s?

Noooo, not Robbie's bong!

>it's not the 70s any more

yeah for the sake of historic relevance it seemed weird to him to change it because it did mean something when she was created, I did explain that they passed it on to a new girl though

that cat is coming to fuck someone's shit up

I think Champions and Jessica Jones will be the first ones, the first week of October?

and Death of X, lol

Champions in October?

Panthers Rage gets a Epic collection this week which rocks

Cage comes out same week as Jones, saw an Editor tweet about

that's actually hilarious

>Piercing Monthly
This is actually gold.

Raped to pieces indeed.

>and Death of X, lol
rip x fags

Those goddamn pirate hoop earrings are possibly the most ridiculous thing about this moronic design.

RESSURXTION IS COMING

phenoix Scott.jpeg

This is the daily gossip thread with storytiming sprinkled throughout.

>Robbie Baldwin may be one of the most dangerous human beings on Earth

The fuck?

>most hated man in America
I don't care if it gets annoying, I'm gonna keep harping on it because the comic keeps bringing it up.

ROBBIE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE PEOPLE'S DEATHS. FUCKING NITRO WAS.

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE HATE THOSE WHO TRY TO HELP YOU? WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID?

Just feed this planet to Galactus and get it over with, please.

Hey guys, What're some good non bug two Superhero comics? Other than Moore and Waid ones

CUT MY FRANCHISE INTO PIECES

>RESSURXTION
That name is so fucking stupid

looking at Marvel's upcoming releases I completely forgot they were doing a Great Lakes Avengers book

and Solo is getting six variants

He's pretty strong once he gets his pain boner on. Speedball was never interested in exploring his powers too much.

Invincible and Astro City?

So was Scott actually dead? Did they ever say what happened?

The fifty state Avenger variants actually just reminded me of the Fifty State Initiative.

Neither gives me what I actually want (fun non-New York heroes), though.

>and Solo is getting six variants
that's beautiful

Robbie's kind of crazy powered if you stop and think about it, but he got upgraded even further as Penance in being able to be aggressive with his powers

I have seen precisely 0 people fussing about NOWer! give Solo any slack for being co-written by a black dude, proving that diversity points only go so far

>and Solo is getting six variants
fucking lol

It's so dumb it works for me. Definitely among the weakest of the "shoehorn X into a title" event names

Why are you asking me? I guess I'll check Astro City out?

look at this lazy shit panel recycling

Current or like, ever?

mediafire.com/EssentialCapeshit#myfiles

There was also some pretty crazy Speedball stuff in terms of powers towards the end of New Warriors v1, farther than we got in this storytime.

this coloring is so ugly

>robot sex dungeon?

Ugly like his SOUL

No idea, but he has a pretty unique design aesthetic that's easy to spot. Spikes are often a part of it.

Ever.

Thanks

I have enough shards in Waifu Academy to buy the good Star-Lord outfit, and I'm considering it because his movie outfit is driving me crazy

NGL this comic is making me headcannon Robbie as primarily a little pervert

>panels
Oh fuck off. This shit right here is one of the many reasons decompression is a cancer that must be purged.

>I have seen precisely 0 people fussing about NOWer! give Solo any slack for being co-written by a black dude, proving that diversity points only go so far
I think diversity points end where visibility ends, they want something that's easy to point at at go DIVERSITY! having to google a writer to see if they're black or not is too much effort

I will admit I also have no idea who's writing Solo

Speaking of the fucking Clone Saga and it's bullshit ending...

OK, I'll second Astro City then. Astro City has some superb single issues and arcs.

You might want to look to Wildstorm. It definitely wasn't all good but there are some solid Authority arcs and Planetary holds up.

What the fuck is Solos gimmick anyway?

Duggan and Geoffrey Thorne, who's also doing Mosaic

Astro City, thirded.

I think I saw an interview say something like he was Marvel's Jason Bourne?

but maybe I misread it because that sounds boring

>Robot-Master
Hold up. Isn't this dude from the Marvel Transformer comics? Damn, never thought he'd be in... well anything else, really.

He fights terrorists and teleports, according to wiki.

teleporting merc

I am never going to not think that's a John Stewart book.

same

Me either

Fuuuuuuck I miss this Moonstone costume so much. Orange doesn't suit her at all.

number 9
number 9
number 9

>I have seen precisely 0 people fussing about NOWer! give Solo any slack for being co-written by a black dude, proving that diversity points only go so far

I think a this point it's clear that some of them literally don't care about diversity unless it's their friends getting hired

see also: everyone bitching about DC's writers workshop

Oh man there was a lot of salt about that flowing freely

WHO IS NUMBER ONE?

>see also: everyone bitching about DC's writers workshop
but muh webcomics about quirky genderqueers written by white girls!

rest assured, if you think this comic is only dull right now, it DOES get far more overtly stupid

what's the best salt you've seen about the DC workshop thing?

like i've seen some people just upset about not getting in and that's expected but what's some more amazing stuff you've seen?

I played so much of this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prisoner_(video_game)

in an era before the internet and walkthroughs, so you got stuck, you were stuck!

Fucking hell. What is it with these bad comics where they're mostly just dull. For a book that's about PAIN, nothing particularly painful is happening. Hell, Robbie himself is barely in this thing at all.

I need some stimulation. For something amazingly, hilariously awful to happen already.

>implying he isn't
Read some of Robbie's dialogue in new warriors v1 and you know he's a little bit of a pervert back then.

The most amazing thing I've seen out of the DC workshop thing is Owl Goingback desu

Protip: That's what Protips were for.

i'll be sad if i don't think he's a good writer desu

I played a lot of The Hobbit game when I was a kid.

On that note: Anyone speedread through one of his books to see what kind of writer he is yet?

Will he bring the spoopy to Shapowpact Rebirth?

I dunno, since I have no context and barely know anything about the character, I'm fairly interested right now.

this game was made in the early 80s

long before protips

Oh, mostly the whole "I thought they were looking for GENUINE NEW VOICES and not pros" stuff, coupled with a sense of "why aren't the Big Two being more like social workers for the good of society"

Oh, okay. This hurts more from the top if you know goofy ol' Robbie Baldwin as Speedball

>Oh, mostly the whole "I thought they were looking for GENUINE NEW VOICES and not pros" stuff, coupled with a sense of "why aren't the Big Two being more like social workers for the good of society"
yeah a surprising number of people seemed offended that DC selected published writers instead of total amateurs

gee why would DC want people who have proven they can work professionally, have some modicum of talent, and are likely to know what a deadline is instead of some college freshman fanfic writer?

God this is stupid.

HA HA TIME FOR SURPRISINGLY DULL EROTIC LITERATURE

>torturing a guy by breaking his stuff
Okay, that's a little more like it.

Did they photoshop an image of the DVD and airbrush it? I can't decide if that's perfectly reasonable or hilariously lazy.

This is like Reefer Madness tier.

time for Swoleverine

Sex dungeon booGoddamnit

GMTA, user.

We're all sex dungeon aficionados here.

Awww shit, it's ADS TIME!

Geez, Logan. Calm down. Your neck looks like it's about to explode.

Karla's gonna cut a bitch

Speaking of things to wear in a sex dungeon: Does Penance cosplay exist? And assuming it does, do I want to look it up?

One of the most fucked up angle errors I've ever seen, on his face.

Dumbest thing I saw was someone trying to be funny but not really being so with

>And someone naemd “Owl” which must count as a minority group.

It used to be here: comicsbeat.com/dc-writers-workshop-is-over-and-the-eight-chosen-ones-revealed/

but it's deleted now, google still has it cached but it's not that great of a read anyway

>it's based on the movie

Of course there was a Beowulf video game.

Yes, let's make a game out of a movie that nobody cared about, even with Angelina Jolie semi-nudity.

farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4972956449_aff9467c89_z.jpg

Oh fuck, I thought it was some random user. I checked out for Quasar because the scans were too hard to read on my mobile. Now that I know who OP is, though...

They're a faggot

Oh, you

Either that or scare people to death with her enormous eyes. Those peepers are approaching anime levels.

>kawaii Karla
.... Well there's an image I'll never get out of my head.

wait, Robbie is Nitro or is everyone just retarded and mixing the two up?

Truly, the comfiest threads in Cred Forums

who are these fucking randos?

:^)

Everyone is just retarded.

LOL

Is that actually fucking George Walker Bush?

fight time!

>That costume
Spider-man 3 was a fucking mistake

tfw you miss a bunch of thread and it's not even a good comic to read

Mohawk is an alien from Guardians of the Galaxy, no idea about Tiger

>I think he's quite crazy to be honest
Well, you'd know

that's W!

LOLOLOL

that last panel is hilarious

>>And someone naemd “Owl” which must count as a minority group.
hah, I wonder if that's why they deleted the article, somebody pointed out that he's Native American in the comments

It just occurred to me again: How does he see anyway?

>suck my dick, wolverine

did robbie and wolverine have an existing connection?

i'm slowly making a headcanon of wolverine going around behind the scenes tying up loose ends from civil war

>tfw due to delays IvX will begin before Death of X finishes, spoiling the ending because editors, what editors?

THIS IS MY LAST X-BOOK

>Fifty States Initiative
Well, there's the answer to your question, Storyteller. These randos are part of that story idea that went absolutely fucking nowhere.

>>tfw due to delays IvX will begin before Death of X finishes, spoiling the ending because editors, what editors?
is this actually confirmed to be happening or are you just speculating?

I can't tell

Robbie and keikaku are weird things to go together

i think he's joking. also the x-office can keep it on point iirc. AvX went out on time?

>it'sa me, Wolverine!

He looks like he's about to shit himself in this page.

so is new Venom status quo gonna be back to "slavering evil"?

that's my Karla

Logan is literally the only one who went after Nitro, and he was EVERYWHERE in the 90's, so he probably knew Speedball. He probably feels bad for him.

I'd forgotten what a slow burn of stupid this comic really is

Don't jinx DoX and IvX, user

The X-office has seen two editorial changes since then. And pretty sure that event was by the Avengers office.

I did appreciate one thing, how a character with a seemingly "joke" power, with a slight push, shows off just how powerful said "joke" ability really is.

Robbie has one of the strongest power sets for a non-Cosmic on Earth, he could easily tangle with Thor or Hulk, thats alot to be said for a kid who everyone thought was nothing special.

gettin' trolled

>"Who says I'm worried?"
Karla, pls.

This one page had more character in it than Zubolts has in four issues.

he just wanted your sweet ride, Karla

Yeah I guess they're lucky only that one comment realized before it could blow up too much. And deleting is probably better than nothing at all. The danger of attempting to appear ~woke~ when you probably don't really care.

>Mohawk is an alien from Guardians of the Galaxy,

Wait, so he's from the future? What the fuck is he doing guarding Nuke Silo, WV?

Am I a bad person for immediately ignoring whatever someone says when they say "woke"?

christ, there's two more issues of this

I'm not feeling very strong

>Thanks for the plane.
Okay, Penance: Relentless. I'll give you a point for that one.

Also, Karla's angry faces in this book are terrifying.

I dunno, I'm pretty entertained by how hard Robomaster is losing his shit in this sequence.

Isn't "Doom and Nitro" enough to be a good motivator to nuke Latveria?

I mean, yeah, you'd still end up fighting Doombots for decades, but you'd still maybe get the real one and at least damage the factory.

Sometimes I really can't tell what's front and what's back with this guy.

so how is Bendis shitting on Doom these days?

probably not

Was Civil War the start of "Wolverine: Moral Authority Figure"?

Because if so, that's just another reason to hate it.

THANKS FOR THAT PANEL, PAUL/ARTIST. REAL NICE

time to shit on Reed!

Well he hasn't called anyone a fat piece of furniture lately.
Low bar, but he's passed it.

Storyteller what has been your favorite Cred Forums moment of this year ?

The preview for the first issue of Infamous Iron Man came out and it was unlettered so we'll have to see

Why did this need to be five issues at all? It's a very simple story. Robbie is trying to find a way to get revenge on Nitro. That's two, three issues at most. Hell, the first issue accomplished nothing, the second issue was borderline pointless, and her at the third issue is where something of consequence actually happened.

Three act structures are for chumps apparently. This story should be fucking over by now.

He made Doom/Tony my OTP

Kinda want "brains eating vigilante" personally.

But I kinda dropped off around the time Flash became legless and never saw that apparently redeemed somehow with Gunsnom.

2 or 3 issues isn't enough for a trade

Why sell 3 issues when you can sell 5?

also 5 act structure superior

Rebirth was pretty fun when it kicked off

This could be a one issue story. Two I guess just because you can finish the first with ROBBIE IS GOING TO NUKE LATVERIA

But the Penance powers work differently than the Speedball ones.

Damn that's some elaborate keikaku

twitter.com/Wheeler/status/778691213155119104

>For all its failings, I wonder if Marvel maybe has better talent scouting in place than either DC or Image at present.

Am I crazy or is it actually the opposite? I find Marvel's talent pool to be extremely lacking.

>LOLBOOBS
... I'm retracting the point from earlier. That's just crass, comic.

>tfw I was the first person to respond on the first DCU Rebirth storytime

oh, that's Wheeler

also, Image...doesn't talent scout, that's not how they *work*

I miss muh F4

Well Image doesn't talent scout and Marvel seems to have been getting more people from webcomics than DC so maybe that's what wheeler likes

Yeah because it's not like you guys spent a bunch of time trying to RUN Latveria fairly recently. (Waid's run.)

i would've said they both sucked about the same until the DCyoU class honestly

also CA did a thing about civil war ruining carol.

i kinda give him a break bc of guys like Brandon Graham

only due to Robbie's Mentality.

he has complete control over Kinetic Energy, how he uses it is up to his mind, nothing more.

he's one of the most powerful non-god beings in Marvel, and is utterly limited only by himself.

>that second and last two panels
ART

Jesus that second to last panel
Fucking midgets

>Marvel is farthest ahead, and best poised to find a place for new talent, but also hindered by its own pride and cultural baggage.

Who is he talking about? Webcomic people like Ryan North and Leth?

And then there was the time Nick Fury personally tried to depose their President who WASNT Doom. Secret War was fucking stupid.

COWER, PEOPLE OF LATVARIA. TREMBLE BEFORE YOUR MASSIVE OVERLORD, SUSAN STORM!

>"un-gruntle"
... Sue. That's not a word. Yeah, now this comic is starting to hurt a bit.

Brandon Graham is very supportive of weird shit he likes and I can appreciate that.

That whole thread seems in another world to me. But well done to that hockey twink webcomic, I read some of that once. Seemed like standard yaoi stuff tbqh

why doesn't he just have sue or one of the other million psycics in the marvel universe rewrite his brain to constantly feel pain, why a suit with fucking spikes?

Yeah, Brandon seems to have pretty much hauled the K6BD guy to an Image deal.

TNC? traditionally TV people but that doesn't have the gleam it used to

he doesn't need pain at all, he just thinks he does.

He wants a fluffy Stucky coffeeshop AU series, he's deffo into the webcomic aesthetic

I saw a furry artist talking about The New Market almost entirely in terms of Crunchyroll's sub and all new stuff model, completely ignoring how the JP market actually pays for the stuff to get made, and while translation isn't free, it's a secondary cost compared to getting the art made at all

>also CA did a thing about civil war ruining carol.
you can't say that and not link it

comicsalliance.com/civil-war-ii-5-recap/

>Carol Danvers is tarnished by this event, and even if there is a twist, and Carol isn’t in control of her actions, Bendis is taking away the agency of Marvel’s most prominent female superhero and making her the puppet of an outside force for the entirety of the event.

>I’m worried about what this means for Miles Morales also, because this is the most high profile story that the character has featured in since he came to the 616, and so far the most prominent thing he’s done is be profiled for a crime he hasn’t committed, and be arrested for it. Marvel Comics has often described itself as “the world outside your window,” but I don’t think fans of Miles want one of his character-defining stories to be something so close to home.

>At least Captain Marvel didn’t kill him while he was attempting to flee. That’s the only way this comic could be worse.

>coffeeshop AU
these are the bane of my fanfic reading

This has made me think about how weird is it that we get so much movieshit influence, but how little of it is the genuinely popular stuff, like Mark Ruffalo's Bruce Banner or full-on RDJ

STOP. Stop. The main prison doubles as a weapons storage facility?

Wow, Victor. That's a special kind of retarded.

Ben's face needs to be a reaction image.

>Iron Man had to essentially commit suicide in order to redeem himself from the mess they made of his character in Civil War. I can't help but wonder how they think they're going to redeem Captain Marvel.

its funny, liberals are just now realizing that Carol is,and always was, a right wing authoritarian.

she is their literal antithesis and they simply don't get it.

I hope Bendis is taking notes from that last paragraph.

I wonder how much is the disconnect of not being monthly series? Like big 2 you guys want are monthly you know that right?

the fluff coffeeshop aesthetic is great in small doses

i only now started to read it

inb4 prisoners are the weapons

I know! The way he talks about fandom is kind of weird because I don't think he'd actually last that long in the mines of all-girl competitive ficwriting space

>It's more annoying that Brashear throws his education right back in Cage's face. Bendis doesn't seem to get how to show off an intelligent character's intelligence more than having them boast of said intelligence.

she is acting the same as she always has.

a broken, right wing, violent women.

she isn't any different now than before, she's just in charge now.

Truly arts.

Also, this could be usable.

that's what makes me love it. i hate civil war 2 sucking because both of them are in character to have this conflict and it would be rad to see the characters challenged like that.

also i need to read the civil war carol tie ins but i'm pretty sure she was hardline af about REGISTRATION

It's nice that some of Marvel's dumb shit is finally being noticed but it's also depressing. None of this is new. CW2 may well be singularly bad but it's not original in its badness. So what's changed? Is it just that people feel they have to be critical of these topics now?

>reminder that Paul Jenkins wrote the MySpace line

>I’m worried about what this means for Miles Morales also

Those poor fools haven't already given up hope with Bendis not letting go?

There's a critical mass of bad events, and there's "stepping hard upon characters who have been deemed Important and thus sacrosanct"

Victor is a man who has blamed everything that's gone wrong in his adult life on a man who once tried to correct his math, and dealt with a facial scar by ramming a red hot metal mask directly into his face.

His intelligence is overstated.

Frankly i don't understand why no one is celebrating Miles killing the leader of HYDRA

of course she was, she didn't flinch from it one second.

it was weird they put a Leftist Libertarian as the "head" of Registration, but whatever, Tony tried his hardest at being big boss.

she only fled once Norman took over, and desipte how much of a prick he was, he wasn't the villian they wanted him to be.

there are people, on this very planet, this very minute, that think Bendis is good at writing Miles

Marvel likes recruiting webcomic writers, but their webcomics are almost always gag-a-day or slice of life. When was the last time they tried getting an Action Webcomic writer? Hastings is the only one I can think of.

Okay, I like these two dudes

Tony took over in "this is inevitable and only I can actually handle this" arrogance.

I would give a lot for another Hastings Longshot mini

OOH you made him mad

Doom sure has bitching entrances.

also Robbie, despite how stupid he looks, is actually quite threatning, its weird, so many powerhouses in marvel fail this, but somehow he comes across as a force of nature.

I think I might not mind if I read more normal TV fic or something, but it's weird to me for characters who are exceptional/powerful/famous.

Maybe if it was something less normal like Abin Sur not dying but Hal ending up in space anyway and serving space coffee to Sinestro, but that shit never happens.

>Doom sure has bitching entrances.

he probably has doombots hidden everywhere for just that purpose

Yeah, this is succeeding at making him elemental like that

this is where you go to MAGIC BULLSHIT, Victor

One of my fave things about Longshot is his super-attractiveness is potentially such skeevy shit but he's such a good-natured dumbass it never is. The Hastings mini had my ideal implementation there.

>Okay, I like these two dudes
You like them because they display actual character, which is more than can be said for most anyone else in this mini.

Robbie himself has proven to be the least interesting part of this book.

>tfw no fics about Guy's bar

The longer I look at it, the funnier it gets.

Would be a good dubs image too if you wanted to flip it.

truly why even live

yeah I don't read much "normal"/realistic setting stuff so when you take away all the cool things from capeshit or whatever and have the characters touching hands and blushing while one of them serves coffee to the other and NOTHING ELSE HAPPENS it's pretty fucking boring

>Maybe if it was something less normal like Abin Sur not dying but Hal ending up in space anyway and serving space coffee to Sinestro, but that shit never happens.
would read

Exactly, he's just so cheerful about it, and he's not exploitative, and you know he'd be a quality time.

that is a crime and a shame.

Seems like a "take what you can get" situation, he has done nothing for the kid and it's been like 6 years. Just a fucking waste.

Skullkickers is action-ish?

But god T-Bolts is a fucking bore.

well that's quite the pose, there

The only "realistic" fic I've ever read was Double K, which was amazing.

Doom'd never sacrifice his people, for anything. That's bullshit.

Bendis makes a waste of every character he writes.

Rip

Doom doesn't already have nukes and shit

Longshot's Super-Charisma even affected me, through the 4th wall, as a child. I had one x-book, rather than a whole collection, a handful of pages of which involved Storm and Longshot sparring.

From that point on, I thought he was the coolest guy to ever be a cool guy amongst the cool guys. All this, despite not reading any further stories involving him until well into my late twenties (and none of his classic stories).

He's a dangerous man.

>the first prisoner in your sex dungeon is always the most important

i'm almost positive Robbie could have beaten him square, but knew Doom wouldn't let that one sit.

It'd really take magic bullshit to take him out

I like this, Doom would respect the hell out of a man with such fucking balls, he'd still kill him, but he'd respect him.

Isn't the "Nitro" in his name short for Nitroglycerin rather than Nitrogen? I'm not /sci/entifically /k/nowledgeable but I'm pretty sure only the former explodes.

I don't know why this is considered a storytime of pain (unless you're making a joke on penance as a character), I'm loving this shit.

this is as close to a "I like you" you'll ever get from Doom unless you are Valeria.

he knew instantly that Robbie wasn't just powerful, he was intelligent, and such men are valuable.

Elemental nitrogen is very stable

but it makes fun compounds like

blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2010/11/15/things_i_wont_work_with_nitrotetrazole_oxides

Goddamn, even Dr. Doom acknowledges that it was Nitro who blew up Stamford.

The guy who uses his prisons to store guns is able to realize this, but the American public doesn't.

This is why I'm not a patriot.

wait Nitro gave og Captain Marvel cancer? how'd he get away with that one

you're a madman, but this Doom issue has been ok

It's mostly dull and silly, but I agree it's not really all that awful. We've certainly read worse.

The first two issues are the main problem so far, in that they have no reason to exist.

This page might work if the hoop earrings didn't make me snort every time.

it's always been bullshit that penance robbie didn't look like some clive barker shit and just had like a few scars

>mfw we'll never get a followup with Robbie back as Speedball and Dr. Doom, because it'd have to be written by Bendis

Ikr? Those are some big fucking spikes.

Is EVERYTHING at Marvel being written by Bendis now? Dude seems to have his grubby hands in all the books somehow.

Yeah, kinda ruins the moment when you're reminded your badass protagonist is a tool.

Bendis has, lesse:

Miles
ending GotG
Jessica Jones
two Iron Man books
Powers

Lemire has

whatever X-book it is
OML
Thanos
Moon Knight continuing?

So we're figuring what, that he's gonna start up a new Defenders book when it comes time for SYNERGY?
3 monthlies is a bit light for him, and Defenders is one of the few Marvel franchises Bendis hasn't gifted with his particular brand of garbage writing yet. Unless you count post Civil War New Avengers, where they were all living at Doctor Strange's place not unlike the Defenders.

oh boy a page of explosion

Could be worse. Could be those gay-ass earrings that stretch the earlobe itself.

>I prefer to be a man of action
>Proceeds to monologue
I fucking hate Doom. Easily most overrated Big 2 antagonist.

As one of the only fans of Mar-Vell still around, I'll explain. There was this super dangerous nerve gas that was being transported by the military (guarded by nine other than Carol Danvers, believe it or not), that Nitro was after. Captain Marvel tried to stop him, but during the fight, the canister opened. Mar-Vell used his bare hands and super strength to force it shut during the fight, but was exposed to it.
The next issue involved Hank Pym curing him, but Starlin retconned in Death of Captain Marvel that it gave him cancer, which is what ended up killing him.

Really TWO pages!

No wonder he sucks, he's overworked to near comedic levels. Lighten your workload, dude.

Also, this page is funny because it's so obvious there's nowhere near enough material to fill out an entire issue of just the confrontation between Robbie and Nitro. Two-page spreads incoming!

Robbie's basically indestructible.

Netflix Defenders makes sense.

>tfw breaking up luke and jessica to have them flirt like netflix and reconcile.

Bendis has said, I shit you not, that he wants to/could write even more.

It's so clear that no one's doing any kind of deep editing on it, it's just first pass kind of stuff.

Netflix Defenders is pretty inevitable

Sooo...what kept Nitro from fleeing from prison?

is he kicking him in the nuts, or is that a knee shot, I honestly can't tell

DOOM, I suspect.

>He's still talking after being hit
>And it's not while he's actually fighting back, either. He's standing still to quip.
Fuck Doombots. Remove Latveria. Make Fantastic Four rogues gallery great again.

And so is his costume, apparently.

Which I suppose made sense as Speedball since the costume was an extension of his powers, but here?

Lemire is doing a lot when you factor in his non-Marvel stuff too.

Looks like a kick to the knee.

he can absorb a near limitless amount of kinetic energy.

all Nitro does is explode.

and his "outfit" has nothing to do with that.

Lemire is a workaholic with no life and incredible discipline, but I do think he's overextended.

>oh look, it's the film that whitewashed all those MIT kids

this numbers bullshit just seems like mad rambling is it supposed to seem deep

Netflix Cage ending up with Netflix Jessica is super fucked up, given that she murdered his wife.

>Bendis has said, I shit you not, that he wants to/could write even more.
Ugh. Does he ever sleep? That amount of work just seems unhealthy. And again, almost certainly contributes to the low quality of his writing.

It's supposed to be deep

youtu.be/UvyHuse6buY?t=37

this is also supposed to be heart-rending

>whitewashing real life people
Anyway you slice it, that's some bullshit. That guy was Asian, but because this is Hollywood, we gotta make him white for the Cletus' in the audience.

Though at the same time, I wonder if they did it to deflect accusations of racism? Y'know, trying to avert "Asian=good with numbers". Whatever. Either way, it's dumb.

ROBBIE

THIS IS TURNING INTO A SAW MOVIE

Can't be too hard to write when you have a formulatic writing pattern, do numerous two page splashes, and frequently have numerous beat panels

He was never good

Hmm wonder why he never uses the spike on his shoes
>curb stomp
ohhh ouch

Abnett is on more stuff and the worst he's turned out is drawing out the conflict with the US too long in Aquaman. Bendis has no excuse

what a gift!

I would've preferred Robbie being in the nude, the idea he was in clothes the whole time makes things only weirder.

It's a shame this is a night scene, because Nitro has a fucking sick costume.

My face is D: at the thought of all that blood etc. sticking on clothes UNDER the suit, that's a good way to get infection city going

also, the smell

This got unexpectedly kinky.

Now THAT is a hammer.

he actually got something out of all the de Sade, I guess

He cleans it I'm sure.

Dayum that is some penance alright.

Jesus...

>All the fucking numbers in this mini and not a single one was 52

what does this dude see?

A SONIC AD?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

HARRRR

>In her suicide note, she didn't blame you. She blamed me.
Sorry to speak ill of the dead, but she was an idiot.

Admittedly though, I do kind of like the idea of subjecting total monsters like Nitro to a fate worse than death. You get your point back, comic.

>They do what Nintendon't, commander!

But yeah, it's amazing how he only has some surface cuts.

now THERE is a reaction image

this comic has been pretty great actually

>Penace is actually pretty alright
>besides the first two, an overall fun time
wtf, I like Speedball now

>Sega Superstars Tennis
Forgot that was a thing.

>Ulala
Space Channel 5 Part 3 will never ever be a thing. ;_;

>when your bro comes through for you

Kind of fucked up about the casting but I got this movie cheap from a rental place going out of business, didn't mind it

w-well...it takes all kinds...

not even the hypercrisis wants in on this shit

although with 52 actually coming out around this I wonder if they intentionally avoided it

that's even more phallic a monument than usual

Eh I don't think this was exactly an SoP

I think those of us who read New Warriors v1 together are more likely to view this as an SoP

i still have that game i think

THE END

with obligatory ass shot

oh well, back to Wendell tomorrow! thanks for reading

Fully agreed.

It helps that we know Robbie gets better in the end.

>Robbie was the true hero all along
>he will go down in history as a jackass
>a storyline so epic, it's ignored by the people of it's time
>LITERALLY
it ain't fair, none of this is fucking fair.

I don't think Marvel Editorial was ever going to let us run that risk, reporter.

Was Robbie counting his teammates among the 6-whatever deaths? It sounded like he was only talking about the residents, and that's pretty fucked up.

Now I need to have Ewing writing his reconciling with Night Thrasher fuck.

>a madman and a group of errant teenagers
THE NEW WARRIORS WERE NOT AT FAULT, YOU DICKHEAD. STOP TRYING TO BLAME THE GOOD GUYS FOR SHIT THEY DIDN'T DO.

GOD. FUCKING. DAMMIT. REE.

if they did it for the glory they wouldn't wear masks

>epic

Thanks for storytiming, I actually really liked this. Do you have a download link for the whole thing?

well considering what robbie did, it can be termed as epic. doesn't mean it's good though, dumbass

I got it from this huge Thunderbolts torrent, I forget when

Thanks for posting as always, Storyteller.

Well, that wasn't nearly as bad as expected. Still not good, but it could've been worse. Those first two issue drag it down, and Robbie could've used a little bit more characterization. But otherwise, the Bleedball shenanigans were bearable, and the payoff was actually kinda worth the ride. Damn.

Yeah. Seeing Robbie go full cold-blooded torturer is ... something.

That is clearly just Galactus's buttplug, fallen out of Taa II on one of his numerous trips to Earth.

Could you put it up on mega or something maybe? That would be super nice.

>it can be termed as epic

Do you really think anyone is stupid enough to attempt a prison break in Doom's backyard?

At his trial in Front Line, he made a scene of the fact that none of the reports factored in the New Warriors, so unlikely.

Well, yeah.

Please?

user, that's literally what Win-O is for. Go there on a day that isn't Wednesday, and ask for links.

>wishing to atone for his "sins", Robbie dons a suit literally designed to make him feel pain
>Went AWOL to make a mass-murderer pay
>went toe to toe with Wolverine
>faked nuking Latveria and stole a plane
>went to Latveria and fought Doom
>Kicked the Mass-Murders ass
>made him wear that suit of pain
>donates 8 million and a half dollars to the Stamford Memorial
>not epic

Oh? Neat. Alright, thanks.

Hello Gordon

I AM NOT A NUMBER! I AM A FREE MAN!

I concur

Well the original team sucked so much that the conclusion to their story was put into Spiderman's side book.

It's still dirty world out there

What do you SJW'S have against white people

Does anyone even remember this?

Wasn't that a remake of an 80s movie that wasn't that great to begin with? Not much to remember

speedbump