Comes to the X-Men to find a cure for his spider powers

>Comes to the X-Men to find a cure for his spider powers.

>They tell him it doesn't work like that.

>"WELL FUCK YOU TOO YOU DAMN FILTHY MUTIES!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BUe2nKdrBqg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Literally not a mutant. At all.
>Thinks superhero/underdog team of Mutant Fuck Yeahers would have a cure for mutation.

This spidey be dumb.

>Constantly going after red head friend who shows zero interest in him.

>Hot mutant chick immediately cock lusting over him when she sees him.

>Doesn't notice.

>Proceeds to bitch about how no one could love a freak like him.

He's a full fledged autist in this universe.

>get off jet
>quickly walk up to your friend
>punch him in the gut

>Someone says something that Peter doesn't like.

>He immediately stops talking to them and runs away in a dramatic fashion.

Every fucking time.

>Mutants are a danger mutants are the enemy
>Hooray Spiderman and Captain America

I loved that episode. That was some really nice conflict for the 90s, nobody else had that yet. BTAS was still a year or two away.
In this case he was mutating into man-spider.

The people in this universe hate Spider-Man ever since the Black Suit arc. Even though he was proved innocent at the end of it by Jonah Jameson himself.

Fuck muties!

Didn't they explain this in Marvels? The Marvels are okay because they're just normal people who had something happen to them that probably wont happen again. With the filthy mutie scum it's the fact that you could turn into one and possibly lose your humanity.

I think the term is "mutates"

If I was writing marvel right now, I'd make the message pretty clear: the reason mutants get treated like shit while other superheroes don't is that mutants made themselves a group. a demographic. a persecuted minority. a walking talking issue instead of PEOPLE, which should have been their point. It's hard to look an individual in the face and tell him to fuck off and die, but it's fucking EASY to do with a GROUP that has a GROUP IDENTITY.
If they had remained individuals, people could have gotten used to it. It wouldn't be "those people who were born fucked up because aliens experimented on our ancestors", it'd just be "that guy with the wings," "that guy with the great sense of smell and fantastic healing", and then QUITE SEPARATELY "that guy who can read minds" if he was dumb enough to tell anyone about it.

>but it's fucking EASY to do with a GROUP that has a GROUP IDENTITY.
It even fucking easier when the group is mostly comprised of terrorists and criminals.

Have the inhumans been treated like mutants because off the same way their powers manifest? I know Agents of Shield tried to go that route with Skye/Daisy.

>I think the term is "mutates"

No, mutates are people who mutated through unnatural causes (IE. The Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Hulk), yet they're still called Marvels for whatever reason and aren't seen as problematic as mutants because honestly, who the hell is gonna get bitten by a radioactive spider. Marvels itself is the term that was used for special individuals who got strange powers and run around in costumes. It's since been abandoned, sadly. I really enjoyed the idea of the Marvel super heroes being called Marvels.

I assume so, but I also think it's in part to the fact that they were too selfish to not stay on the moon.

indeed
BEST case scenario the x-men would have to label themselves "the good ones" to counter that

That's up there with "Z-fighters" for stupid names that unnecessarily tie into the brand name

How many people are even aware of Pete being bitten by a radioactive spider? And even if someone says they were changed by something like that how would anyone know they're telling the truth? They could just be a filthy mutie trying to avoid what's coming to them.

>x-men
>good ones
No, but seriously I think the less shitty group of mutants that I can think of is ironically the Morlocks. I mean what have they done of worst?
Calisto kidnapping Cyclops so she could get some X-D?

considering the source of his powers, they should be reversible

i'm sure it's come up in a comic at some point, that ended with him getting bit by another radioactive spider that gave him his powers back so he could save someone

they don't exactly have the best image though.. buncha shifty sewer-dwellers. community service is a little more respectable.

Captain America is an America hero
Iron Man is a guy in a suit
everyone knows the Fantastic Four were originally normal people
there are people who hate Spider-Man

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that muties' main spokesgroup is a militia that brainwashes children and is led by a literal mindrapist.

Peter and Steve don't have someone like Magneto telling normal humans to "Make way for the new superior race"

>Main IP is a guy named Spider-Man.

Stupid names and the big two go hand in hand.

huh? no.. that's a normal name. and DC is full of mostly normal names, and their main name is Detective Comics.. which makes sense. and there's no character or group named 'the detectives'

They don't say, but I'd assume it would be down to two things

A) They don't register as mutants in most the tracking methods
B)They give off a considerably larger amount of radiation than mutants.

No one would know you're a mutate unless you explicitly told them. And even then they'd probably be like say good for you and be on their way.

>Hey guys, my powers are flickering in and out, endangering my life and the lives of others, and it looks like I might be starting to turn into a giant, bestial monster, savage and without human intelligence, I know you guys know a lot about mutations, is there any way you could help me out

>GRRRR YOU RACIST WE'RE PERFECT THE WAY WE ARE, YOU CAN'T CURE US BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH US, GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE BEFORE WE HAVE WOLVERINE STAB YOU TO DEATH

Yeah, but when the community service mostly consists of the guys who live in the sewer become a much more valid option.

>I loved that episode. That was some really nice conflict for the 90s, nobody else had that yet. BTAS was still a year or two away.
BTAS ended 2 weeks before it aired.

You do realize Marvels was set in the 60's right? (And briefly in the 40s.) It would have made sense for them to come out with a name like that at the time.

BTAS started in '92, Spider-Man started in '94.

Learn your shit.

They made it so some ancient mutant God made all humans hate mutants blindly so mutants would kill the humans. Idk it's some stupid shit

Fucking why? That other explanation was perfectly fine.

I don't know. I guess people didn't "buy" that explanation so they came up with a shitty reason. I think it's explained somewhere in this video
youtu.be/BUe2nKdrBqg
Forgive the shit channel but the story is shitty so it doesn't matter.

Fucking Bendis just writes a bunch of symbols when he doesn't know what to write.

If you're going to censor yourself at least make it interesting.

Beast used to be a leading researcher in that field.

It's been pretty minor, but All-New Inhumans seemed interested in dealing with NuHumans facing persecution in the first couple stories. Hell the first issue was literally about Crystal's gang rescuing one from a group of Australian pseudo-nazis who were about to publicly execute her. There was another arc where they discovered every NuHuman in Sin Cong had been slaughtered, burned alive, before most of them could even leave their cocoons. The last couple story arcs didn't really touch on it much though, and then the series was canceled.

Funny, rhat's what happens in Earth-X, but the other way around: the Watcher explains that Magneto called himself and allies the EVIL mutants to stand against the good mutants that were the X-Men

Tho it was to make Xavier a fanatic or something like that

This is why it only makes sense for the X-Men to be in a different universe. Because it just cannot make sense to have loads of superpowered people roaming around and the general public singles out mutants alone and hates them.

They make giant purple robots to go hunt 13 year old girls down in malls and never once think about using them to stop any of Spiderman's, FF's, or Avengers villains when they start fucking things up, or use them to maybe stop Atlantis from invading, or the random alien of the week. There are actual superpowered people actually hurting people in public all the time, the government never gives a fuck.

It's always been my headcanon that there are a bunch of off-screen mutants whose powers awaken at bad times and inadvertently cause a bunch of collateral damage, which gets plastered all over the news. Like when Ultimate X-men had to cover up the kid who accidentally blew up a bunch of classmates.

Unnatural changes may be easier to fix than natural ones but considering that Beast tampering with shit just made his own situation worse he isnt the right guy to call.

it's almost like bigotry and racism don't make any goddamn sense!

I never noticed that till now honestly. Anytime he had a problem he was so desperate and knew THAT ONE PERSON will be able to help and when they cant he just swings away at increasing speeds pissed off that they couldnt do shit. Maybe you just shouldnt rely on one person Spidey, maybe before expecting one person to have all the answers think of a few alternatives.

or maybe mutants are less outmoded than capeshits like avengers

Irrational hatred, no matter how stupid it is, is better than someone making have their default set as full hate.

>mutants made themselves a group

that's how it works when people are killing you in various parts of the world. hence LGBTQ.

Don't you fucking throw out that horse shit. This is like a racist who's only racist against Nigerians and has no problems with Kenyans. At a fucking glance, it ain't easy seperating the two of them!

Didn't they bring this issue up sometime in Ultimate Fantastic Four or something?

Also, this man is a Christian. Could you tell that at a glance?

DUDE Nigerians and Kenyans are bros
Somalians and Botswanians are shit

That's why the X-Men are the best comic book team ever. Because not only the have waifus and shit, but also, because they always provoke a discussion

he was pissed because his literal mutation was spiraling out of control

Superior Spider-Man > Peter Parker

yes everyone lusts after the 2-6 issue stretch where doctor octopus acts wildly out of character (though to be fair he never had much character beyond 'arrogant prick') decides he's going to be a better spiderman than spiderman and then Slott drags the entire thing on and on until you just want the whole thing to fucking end because this concept has overstayed its welcome.

that shit was interesting for two issues and then it got stale. Not even the first time we've seen 'what if spiderman was hard core'

Counterpoint: Botswana Metalhead Cowboys. Drive around Botswana, scaring off Warlords and blasting Metal music.

Have you ever considered that mutants are assholes?

Cyclops? Always right, but HUGE asshole about it.
Wolverine? Practically the ur-example of asshole.
Xavier/Jean/Emma/any other telepath? Amoral assholes.
Kitty? Self-righteous asshole.
Hank? Almost as much of an asshole as Reed Richards.
Storm? Spent years in the asshole nation of Wakanda getting dicked instead of actually helping people. Asshole.

Honestly, I think the shorter list would be mutants who AREN'T assholes.

Morph is the only mutant who wasn't a melodramatic little fag.

It's that virus Sublime making all the marvel humans hate muties, like the common toxoplasmosis that a quarter of the US population has that has been linked to agression.

>Look that up

What in the fuck

Yeah, Morph's alright, Kurt's usually cool, some of the New Mutants are nice enough, but that's probably just because we haven't had as much time to learn what pricks they are.

They don't dress up just for the shows. This is basically what they wear to work. Live metal always.

Something unique happened to mutates to make them one of a kind and special. Mutants are literally the end of the human race. Not hard to see the difference here.

>called Z-fighters in all promos, and previews of next episodes
>never once addressed as them in the show (though I think they were mentioned once in Trunks' future)

Well yeah because they're fucking sewer freaks. Even if they had blueprints to nuke the galaxy ready to be used at any moment or kidnapped children in the dead of night no one would know since most people dont even know they exist.

From the thumbnail I thought that was from Heroes of Might and Magic III.

I thought it was black Raiden preparing for another round of Mortal Kombat.

>comes to the x-men to find help with his spider powers
>YOU NORMO FILTH GET THE FUCK OUT OF OUR COMPOUND OR WE WILL END YOUR SORRY NORMO LIFE U FUKKEN FLATSCAN SHITLORD
>x-men why please halp
>THIS ONES FOR U MORPH AREARUHEAHFGHAH

Whatever, I loved it. It got me into comics again and I love how it's ramifications are still being felt. Clone Conspiracy is going to be awesome.

Don't people in-universe dislike Spiderman as well? They think he's a menace according to the daily bugle.

Spidey's in-universe rep is a rollercoaster. It started really low because of Jameson, then it went back up once they saw him save people all day long, join the avengers, etc, but then every once in a while it goes back to shit because someone shits on his name (some imposter robs a bank, Superior, etc)

>Muslims are a race of people
You're a fucking stupid ass nigger lover

SpiderMan being racist, NO Surprise!

Considering Beast obviously can't cure himself, don't think i'd be calling on him to cure me.

Marvels is a mess of a comic, because it shows just how messy the Marvel universe/timeline is. It would be better to just keep it at "don't ask, don't tell" and let people live in oblivious bliss.