Full Batman Chronoligical Storytime

Hey Cred Forumsmrades! Long time browser of Cred Forums (Since the days where Cred Forums was love.) First time storytimer.

I always see people asking "Where do I start with Batman?" Well recently I came into a collection of Batman storylines all arranged in chronological order, from Year One all the way to Final Crisis.

I've decided to take on the task of storytiming this entire collection, from start to finish. How long it will take me, I have no idea, but if anyone wants to read some Batman, come join me, as we explore a looooong line of Batman stories.

Here we GO!

P.S. If anyone has any tips to make Storytiming easier, or faster, let me know. Already got 4chin plus for this, but apparently that doesn't get rid of post delays.

I wish they'd do more stories where they jumped between different characters.

Um the first Batman story was Detective Comics not Batman issue 404.
You got your chronology wrong.

I'm storytiming a certain set of canon. I am SO not storytiming every issue of Batman ever you condescending knob. Now sit down, enjoy the storytime, or go start your own.

How Bruce Wayne started avenging his parents. Dressing up as a hobo and beating up hookers. Thomas would be proud.

Year One is so damn good.

Yeah, I've read it too many times. I definitely wish there were more stories like this nowadays and less of Batman punching his way out of every problem with robot suits against villain of the week.

His parents DIED?! Jesus fuck! No wonder he's so messed up!

Iconic as fuck moment right here! I will become... A bat...

Next issue! In which Bruce Wayne tries Larping!

I think The Batman looks like picture A.

One of my favourite Batman scenes. Would love to see it in live action. In which, Batman apparently had to piss himself to improve the scene.... Looking at YOU Kevin Smith...

I hope Gordon means Jesus in that last page. Because a woman taking the wheel? May as well kill that homeless lady yourself...

Branden is the hero this City needs. And the one it deserves right now...

Next issue! In which Batman saves a cat, and summons the bats.

why normal batman when you could do miller batman and do asbar after this

Cause this is the torrent I downloaded, so this is the collection you get.

Selinegro

Did you know Batman's Tranq darts use venom from actual bats to paralyze his foes? Bat fact.

THE EAGLES ARE COMING!

Last Issue! In which, Bruce Wayne gives Jim Gordon's son irreversible brain damage that causes him to become a deranged sociopath!

I also love this scene.

Is anybody reading? Should I continue? Just kidding, I don't give a shit.

Don't you hate it when storytimers stop the story to ask that shit? Pls respond.

I actually really don't like Miller Batman, Year One included. I feel like he doesn't really get Batman.

The ol "NOT MUH" eh?

Well fear not chum! There's plenty more writers to come! Honestly I really like Year One, but alot of Miller's other stuff I can't even stand.

Yeah, pretty much. But if Brave and the Bold taught me anything it's that it's okay to be different with Batman

To be fair, I get where he's coming from. I think we all have our own image of what we feel Batman should be like. I think that's part of why I wanted to do this massive storytime, so we could all take a look together at some of Batman's changes through the years. See what we like, what we don't, and all talk about it along the way.

Personally some of my favourite depictions of Batman have been in little side stories like Legends of the Dark Knight. Which I was happy to see has been worked into this torrent I grabbed. There's a lot of titles worked into it. Someone put some good time into organizing it all.

With this Catwoman scene, I think it's a good time to ask. Next story on the list is a Catwoman one that basically just covers Year One from her perspective. I've never read it myself. Do we want that next? Or should I skip on to the next Batman story?

>Feeding time
>My turn Honey
>Lick Jim Gordon's nipple.

>Last post ended in 52

Hypercrisis confirmed.

Ok, end of Year One. I'm gonna pee. If there's no decision on the Catwoman story by the time I get back, I'm gonna skip it for one about Alfred. Cause Alfred is boss.

Shouldn't The Man Who Laughs be next?

I thought so too! But this torrent has a bunch of smaller stories that have been written about the time between the bigger ones. It's pretty sick.

Year One's take on Catwoman is like the lowpoint of the story desu, probably just skip it for Based Alfred.

It is actually number 16 on the list! Also, I'm skipping the Catwoman one. I've never read this one either, so it could be good, could be shit, let's find out together. We will appreciate, or mock it accordingly.

It's super short though.

Alfred looks so unimpressed.

Bruce is like me when I first cosplayed as Batman. "Like my costume Mom?"

Big props for using the original singles scans, and not the recolored reprint versions.

Fin.

Next one looks like it shows the effect of Batman on Bruce's personal life. Never read it before either. And I've read a lot of Batman.

Props for that goes to whoever uploaded this file I got. I'm just passing it on while I read it myself.

Also, expect the art to jump around, whoever put this torrent together put it together chronologically by story, as in points of Batman's career. Not when the issue came out.

Aw snap! Bat trips! Also, triple 4's while posting the 4th page of the 4th story in the torrent on Cred Forums.... Grant Morrison, what does this mean?

Look! In the alley! It's a Bat! It's a Man!

>skipping Year One Catwoman because one tumblrina here is offended by it
Poor form.

Why the thumbnail for that last one is Yellowjacket I have no idea... But it's an actual page when you open it.

Actually, I kind of already decided to skip it because I'm more interested in doing a big Batman storytime, and less of a Catwoman one. Also I didn't want to just do a retread of the first story. Is it any good user?

>recently I came into a collection of Batman storylines all arranged in chronological order
Got a copy of the list of titles in chronological order?

I don't, but I can screen cap it, and post them after this issue.

that'd be great thanks

Cool, a few pages left, then I'll throw them up. It'll be 6 images, one of each folder in the torrent.

You're a madman, OP. But I appreciate the effort.

You think this is insane? One time my friends told me to lay on the floor, and I actually did it!

Sorry Babe, I'm married to Justice...

We now take this brief intermission to show you the size of this torrent. And a peak at what's to come.

Also, to the user upset that I skipped Catwoman Year One, good news, I didn't the story I skipped was literally a retelling of Batman Year One from her viewpoint.

I've read Catwoman Year One. I know it's got some important plot points, and a decent story. It's still coming up on the list.

OP... that's probably over 400 issues and counting, my man.

I know man... I know.... Like I said, I have zero idea how long this will take. Could be over the course of several years for all I know. But I wanted to fill my spare time, spread some Batman, and bring some threads back to Cred Forums that aren't just Cred Forums shit posts. So here I am... On this mad quest.

>full circle
huh forgot this was a thing
anyway user good luck getting at least a third of the way through this

Lol, I'm gonna need it... Now onto Shaman!

Just so you know, I've downloaded this torrent before. It isn't even fucking close to a good "chronological" order. It's also filled with really poor quality scans despite better versions being available. It's also fucking massive.

I'm not trying to be an asshole. But you really need to give up. Better now than later.

Long hair, don't care. Worst case scenario, we enjoy some random Batman comics. There are worse things in life.

I very much welcome your desire to storytime a fuckload of comics.

But this is not the way. There are better chronologies and better quality scans/digitals. And honestly if you really want to expose Cred Forums to new shit...Batman isn't really gonna do that. But you do you, I guess.

New Batman shit. There are stories in here even I haven't read. I used to be Batman for a living you know. But then I joined the Navy, so now I miss being Batman, so I guess this is my lament for my past life. I dunno, I'm probably crazy or some shit, who knows? I appreciate the concern though bud.

Holy shit! No wonder they called him Joe CHILL! The dude was a fucking Snowman! Best canon.

Old Native Batman comics were weird.

I'm considering getting the Absolute Year one since they're releasing the original coloring, but it seems like a lot for such a short story.

Yeah? How much are they running it for?

I remember really liking this comic when I read it last. But I also remember hating how long it takes to get interesting.

Wow this got pretty weird suddenly.

>tfw I live in Alaska

Alfred being a snide fuck. Based Alfred. Putting Bruce in his place since day one.

Did a Snowman shoot your parents too? Does that happen up there?

Oh man, check out my 1337 post. Fuck dubs, I've got mad Haxxing skillz. Remember when that was a thing? Fuck I'm old...

No, I'm not aware of any snowmen packing heat.

I shall become... A Bat Shaman...

$125 retail, which means probably $60 on IST.

Heh. Temperature pun...
Jesus. I see what you mean.

I like the simplicity of this page. The non threatening face, then the scowl reminds me of Alfred as the Joker from Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader. "A green wig, purple suit, white grease paint. And it all did nothing... Until I smiled...

>Pottery

This page is another one of my favourite Batman moments.

Disregard Bitches, acquire Justice.

Gotham Nights better be in that collection or its shit

Man, I have had more dubs and trips in this one thread than I have in my entire life. Now if only I cared.

Alfred banter never, ever gets old.

Alfred Banter is Best
Agreed, I LOVE Gotham Nights. Part of why I like this collection is it incorporating some of my favourite stuff from some of the spinoff titles like Legends of The Dark Knight. I'll check, and if not, I have another torrent, and will totally add them in.

Did you mean the story Gotham Nights? Or the one with all the Bat Senpai called Gotham Knights? The prior is indeed in the collection, the latter is not, but I love the shit out of it, and will probably add it in. Cause I love the Bat Senpai.

Fun fact. Bat F@m auto translates to Bat Senpai. This entertains me to no end.

Never figured Bruce for a penny pincher

How do you think he earned his fortune? Hard, honest work.

Fucking based OP
Shaman and Year one are amazing

Yeah, I love both of them.

Came into this thread late, just finished reading this. Thank you, it was pretty cool.

Yeah man, glad you liked it.

>those panels of him kicking the tree
Neat, so that part of the Rebirth issue was a callback.

Yeah man. Good catch!

That last frame. Bruce is the fucking Grinch.

Last issue of the night. In which, I finish up and get some sleep!

Bump

Thanks bud.

4chanX has an imagedump feature that's pretty good

Is Batman: Ego on the cards? I have no idea where it'd fit chronologically but it's one of the best Batman stories IMO

Thanks man, I'll check it out tomorrow. And I don't see it after a quick ctrl f, but I'll check my other torrents tomorrow, and add it in if not.

I checked, I definitely have it. I'll read it tomorrow and find a place to add it in.

Turns out in the first few pages he says exactly where it fits in. It's three years into his career.

Oh snap! Image cap hit with like 8 pages to go! Gonna make a new thread...

New thread is Here:

BATS DON'T CRASH THROUGH WINDOWS

also; bruce decided to become a bat while delirious from blood loss

... and yet you know i don't care right

i just don't care

Cheap glass.

He needed a sign so Alfred lobbed a bat through the window.

like i said m8, i don't care - still love batman

Big project you've taken on, OP - but I'm appreciating this an awful lot, so even if you don't manage to finish it all; you have my thanks.

Bloody hell OP. I commend you for attempting this feat. I wish you well and hope you can complete it. And you have given me what I am going to do today.

Read motherfucking Batman.

Also please make sure you do Gothic. I've never read it.

>James Owsely
That's Christopher Priest, right?

>Hare Krishna guy
>Wayne "millions"
>Princess Caroline

80s alright

Ahhh, proper colouring on shitty newsprint, maximum comfiness. Cheers OP...also how old was Mazz when he drew this? 24 or something?

It fucking is....and I LOVE how hardcore Jim Gordon is in it!

Is the Archive still down? This would be great to link newfriends.

Looks like a young donald trump in the bottom left panel.

bump

Out of interest, where did you acquire this torrent? I too would like to grab it. I kind of grew up on a lot of these stories, and I'd like to read them again.

A bit tryhard.

I like how ridiculous Alfred finds this.

Yep

I like when Alfred is sassy

Amazed the first thread is still here. I just searched for a Batman torrent compilation. The torrent is just called Batman Chronological Compiled.

Gothic is definitely in there.

New thread by the way.

Hnnnng, love this page