Let's return to read some more Swampy!

Let's return to read some more Swampy!

It's been a few days, gotta chill after the apocalypse ya know.

But we aren't quite done road tripping

Other urls found in this thread:

londonhollywood.wordpress.com/2016/09/22/if-you-read-only-one-alan-moore-jerusalem-interview-make-it-this-one/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hey text pieces!

Old threads

This Moore interview is fantastic. He seems like such a cool, interesting guy and most comics writing about him is all that old angry hobo shit

londonhollywood.wordpress.com/2016/09/22/if-you-read-only-one-alan-moore-jerusalem-interview-make-it-this-one/

like c'mon

>To cap it all, during our walk, preposterously (and I swear this happened; none of Moore’s legendarily large “herbal” cigarettes were harmed in the making of this interview), Moore even rescues a child’s balloon. As it soars skywards above the crowded shopping street, before anyone else has time to react, he reaches up on tiptoe with surprising agility to grab its string, and returns it with a twinkle-eyed smile just as the bereft infant was preparing to howl.

damn Harvey

>In the late ‘80s, the Smiley face badge he had popularised in Watchmen became the emblem of Acid House and the illegal raves of the Second Summer of Love. More recently, the V for Vendetta mask of Moore’s anarchist antihero was adopted by both the Occupy and Anonymous movements.

>“Well, how do I feel…” Moore strokes down the errant whiskers on his beard as though they were straying thoughts that must be put in order. “I’m glad that they’ve got it, although – they didn’t get it from the comic, did they? They got it from the film, which I have never seen and which, from a position of complete ignorance, I am willing to describe as a total rat’s abortion. But I’m glad it’s been of use to these protestors, because generally I really admire what they do.”

crediting Moore and Gibbons for the Smiley is a bit much...

>He met the Occupy protesters who’d camped outside St Paul’s when a C4 news crew took him along. As for Anonymous, the closest he came was when someone claiming to be from the hackers’ collective got in touch saying they were planning a Day of Mayhem based on scenarios in Watchmen.

>“We got back to them saying, stuff based on comic books, that won’t work; and anyway why are you sending me this? How do I know who you are? In fact, if I was the intelligence services, who had got no idea how to infiltrate the members of Anonymous, because of their anonymity, I might be thinking, why not get somebody who is publicly associated with Anonymous, and get them to sign up to something really stupid, and use that to discredit the entire network? So I said, no thanks.”

oh yeah remember when Alan Moore and Bill Sienkiewicz did a book about Iran-Contra

YES what happened?

ya fucked up

You don't mess with the swamp

what a great final page. can't argue with Batman ya know

Get yourself ready

Well Bruce in less than a day swamp thing mad your city into a fucking garden of Eden better than literally anything you've done In your entire career

They connect you to a higher plane of consciousness

Why won't they give the fuckibg plant God his wife back and sane person on the planet would have done it

moore's definitely playing with big themes of prejudice and what not

God damn it Bruce he's actually helping your city

SWAMP KAIJU

STAY OUT OF MY TERRITORY

Is the mayor retarded?

it's gotham, never be surprised by the incompetence

I love Swamp Thing's expression here so much

Swamp Literally eradicated crime, erased pollution created a rain forest paradise where people can live on complete harmony with nature and he did it all in less than a week

Clearly he's man who stands his ground no matter what

Rick Remender's new comic shows us how well that goes

Is this all a reference to gay hate that was pretty big back then

It this guy an asshole?

well shit....

That's all for tonight, thanks for reading!

hope you enjoyed

thanks OP

pumb

bump

bump for MOAR

He.. he gets better, right? :(

Oh, you'll have to keep reading.

bump