Old Man Logan Storytime

it's been a while since the last time we storytimed this one.
So come join me in an adventure set after 50 years into the future of the marvel universe.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lLrX7MH1Rtg
youtube.com/watch?v=7IkvAb6THQY
comicvine.gamespot.com/hulk-jr/4005-58485/
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:James_Howlett_(Earth-807128)/Appearances
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Punished Logan

Logan here reminds me of john marston

Thanks, OP. I've never read it and I wasn't sure it was worth looking into, but I'm following this.

no problem
hope you like it

bump if you're reading guys

Will do.

thanks

Let's go! We're talking Snikt Bubcanuck here.

Love this one. What are some other self-contained, alternate universe comics like this?

You're doing god's work, son.

thanks user

He finally said it!

>bump if you're reading guys

SNIKT

Here's one of the reasons I was thinking of reading this. She was surprisingly prominent in Spider-Verse despite not doing a damn thing, and even got an action figure this year.

>Tremors

i always wondered if that's the real daredevil

Can someone explain how Hawkeye gets to fuck the black daughter of Peter Parker? Hawkeye is supposed to be older than Peter in the first place.

Nah, if it was really Matt, his hair wouldn't be as red.

well that's good to know. i think

It's kind of funny to have a dad older than your grandpa.

wow

Millar is such a hit or miss writer for me. Love this one though.

Well, she definitely earned the name Spider-Bitch.

Dat ass.

>Mad Logan: Fury Road

heh

SNIKT

Let me guess: Red Skull is coming, ain't he?

I've never read this comic.

maybeeee

now to discover what really changed logan

I've gotta go for a bit but I'll be back soon. Thanks again. I've been enjoying it so far.

Who are other two villains beside Sabertooth?

don't worry this thread will be here when yu come back

Omega Red and Lady Deathstrike.

omega red and lady deathstrike

Much appreciated anons

Is anyone else reading the new OML by Lemire? I personally think it's pretty enjoyable, but I never see anyone talking about it.

It gives me my fix of violent action, I really like Sorrentino's work on it.

i like it especially wolverine's interaction with the other heroes
Sorrentino's art is pretty good too, i love it

well shit

>Is anyone else reading the new OML by Lemire?

Reading and enjoying.

Cool, glad I'm not the only one around here liking it.

Is it continuing in Marvel NOWer? I know they're not relaunching everything this time and letting some series continue.

BRUTAL

I'm sure it's staying on it's current numbering. I'm a bit up in the air about the next arc though as it seems it's going to deviate from it's current direction.

Just read the December solicit, interesting.

Oh boy it's taking place in my country, that's always really awkward to see in media.

I guess Hawkeye was talking about a different Shocker, earlier.

badass BB

I spoke too soon.

Keep reading.

Who did she marry?

>tfw you don't understand if he's pissed or disappointed.

KEEP READING

I had forgotten about this whole "mutants just go extinct for no reason" thing. Millar was really shitting on Grant Morrison here, as well as every single alternate Marvel future ever.

Hopefully it will deal with and maybe we'll see what happened in Europe the night the villains took over.

DOOMCOCK

So how did Doom ever live to be that old anyways?

>Paste Pot Creek
First of all, how the fuck did he manage to take over anything. Second of all, doesn't he hate that name and insist on being called Trapster now?

it's not that much time gap. Hawkeye is still alive. Doom could easily have gone full cyborg also.

He's Doom, if Strucker had super-science that could keep him young, than so can he.

this page always make me depressed
you know magic and science

well at least Pym died fighting for a right cause instead of falling by his own self-destructive complex

>I had forgotten about this whole "mutants just go extinct for no reason" thing. Millar was really shitting on Grant Morrison here, as well as every single alternate Marvel future ever.

I don't think it's that...I think if I were a group of supervillains who'd just wiped out all the heroes I also set about killing as many mutants as possible as to prevent them from uprising.

I still call bullshit on this. I don't care if the X-Men were "holding back" (and why would they? he has a healing factor), there's no fucking way that Wolverine could kill them all.

Nope, Emma Frost outright states that mutants aren't being born. urns out mutants were just a temporary genetic anomaly and the whole "next stage of evolution" were just theories.

Guess the reason for all this desolation is for the fact that Red Skull used all the metal avaiable to build that big ass statue.

Wolverine killing Iceman still doesn't make any sense.

The whole premise behind this is a rehash of Wanted, but it makes no fucking sense.
Even if we accept the premise that guys like Magneto, the Red Skull, Doom and others put aside their differences to kill all the superheroes, after that there is no way they would just settle into their turfs and not mess with each other. There would be constant war until one of them is on top, and it would probably be Doom. No way any of the villains would accept the Red Skull as President.

The only series to make me like Hawkeye

RIP old dude :(

>Trusting a man with a Hitler 'stache.

Oh, Hawkeye...

Well mysterio might have helped him somehow too by giving illusions to the rest of the xmen

to be fair, he couldn't see it

Yep. Always my least favorite part of the story. I was a X-Men casual when I read this, and this still didn't pass the smell test the first time I read it. We're expected to believe everyone there would be unable to do anything to take out Logan and figure out where Mysterio was before this happened? Come on, Millar.

kek

>from the outside Xavier' school must have looked like the freakiest rave party.

Yet more bullshit. Like I said, even if the villains would be willing to work together to get rid of the superheroes (and they would NEVER follow the Red Skull's lead), they sure as hell wouldn't just settle into territories.
Why DID Magneto want Las Vegas?

>As for the rest of the world...well, who'd want it now?
What did he mean by this?
I'm serious, what the hell happened to the rest of the world? Why do none of the villains want to take over the rest? Did it get nuked or something?

>surfer's board
How?

maybe there was a nuclear war or something

kek

I don't think he was "shitting on Morrison", there
In my opinion it was just meant as another piece of the puzzle of hell that Millar made for Wolverine
>Villains took over the world
>They made Wolverine kill all his friends and teammates
>If that wasn't enough, their mission was useless to begin with

Magneto and Doom would have just killed the Red Skull themselves once they no longer needed him, they hate him.

>bottom pannel
>2 minutes in the Trophy room and he gives you this look

youtube.com/watch?v=lLrX7MH1Rtg

Why is the Red Skull wearing all the Nazi garb and imagery? He abandoned that look long ago, as well as the Nazi ideology itself for being "too limiting".
It's only recently that he co-opted Hydra.

>Taxidermied Beast

>>Don't have the guts
>>To fucking Wolverine
Does he know who he's fucking with?

first panel looks like they're having a team up against an invisible army.

>I'm serious, what the hell happened to the rest of the world? Why do none of the villains want to take over the rest? Did it get nuked or something?

Japan is covered in OML ongoing, it didn't get nuked.

>Thing's Hand
>Beast's Pelt

By their very nature, villains are very unlikely do go into such an alliance in the first place. Acts of Vengeance was an utter failure, just like every other attempt at big villain team-ups. Marvel has no equivalent to DC's Secret Society of Super-Villains.

Nostalgia?

The confusing thing about all this is that this is meant to be the same future as the Defenders (with old Sue Storm) from Mark Millar's FF run.

How in the hell would they be able to kill Sentry?

THE GOOD PART IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER

I guess it depends who they had on their side.

Why would Dormammu help? Doesn't he conquer entire dimensions? Seems like earth would be small time for him, like if Kang tried to take over hell's kitchen.

As great as this book is, anyone think it ends kind of anticlimactically?

>You haven't got the gut--
>oh shit he had the guts.

I think we've already established that none of the backstory of this series makes any fucking sense with established continuity. Millar was trying to apply Wanted to the MU without understanding how different things are.

I dunno, it does sort of leave it open for more. Personally though, I'd have been OK with Wolverine ending the blood line completely.

Fuck Yeah

well shit, i understand the mysterio hype now
>he was fighting jubilee for over 90 minutes
geez

Thanks

>like if Kang tried to take over hell's kitchen
Millar just doesn't understand the scale of these villains. He thinks Magneto is the kind of guy who would be satisfied with Las Vegas. These villains are power-hungry, they would want more and would go to war with the other villains to get what they want.
If Dormammu had been involved he would have just burned the Earth down. He does want the Earth, and he wouldn't share with anyone.

hnnngg

Is this Mysterio Quentin Beck? He was "dead" at the time this comic came out, so I always assumed that it was Francis Klum.

Gave me chills the first time.

Only time a 2-page spread with only one word has actually worked.

Yes.

My favourite page of this comic.

This

I just think that the way he beats Hulk was lame.

I think what bothers me the most is that they even got the villains to work together, to begin with. I can believe a good chunk of Spidey's rouge gallery could work with the Red Skull, but why would Magneto or Doom trust him? How would ANYONE even get someone like Dormammu to team up with them? And for that matter, why would Doom only settle for one part of America but ignore Europe entirely, especially I would assume Latveria still exists? Wouldn't Magneto get upset at the idea of mutants dying off and try to do something to prevent that from happening? etc

It's strange, though, that despite the book being illogical about how it utilizes the Marvel universe... I still rather enjoyed it.

Why are all of these Hulk kids so weak? In 616 all of Banner's kids are true beasts that rival their father.

They're all incredibly inbred.

Well at least we know what Murdoc will do after leaving Gorillaz

I hate it when they make his claws WAY too long to fit in his forearms.

I never understood why Bruce was such an asshole on this story.

>Dormammu

Couldn't you get him on board by promising rematch with Strange?

I always forget that it's a literal trailer park they live in.

incest result

Because Millar

The radiaton eventually rotted his brain.

I get bugged when he cuts Sentinels in half with one swipe. I mean, they are clearly wider than the length of his blades. Or that one instance where Wolverine goes to the top of a Magneto statue and crumbles it by cutting through it...

I get some bloodborne vibe from here

Inbred. Sure it's in the future, but some things will never change.

>Bruce banged Jen

Fuck you Millar, you cunt.

Why did Banner go to all this trouble to get Wolverine to fight him?
Why not pick a fight with Doom, Black Bolt and all the other big supers still out there? Or just smash the Red Skull for the lulz?

It gets worse, there's no way that Jen would ever consent to this. Bruce raped Jen.

They're all puny and weak.

And really far away.

he and wolverine have history

cause Wolverine debuted fighting Hulk.

>But who else was I gonna mate with besides my first cousin?

Huh.

>Bruce imprisoned Jen and repeatedly raped and impregnated her
Goddamnit Millar

Maybe but I still think there'd be issues with him existing alongside Doom, who would inherently not trust him. There's also the fact that, like... Dormammu wouldn't even need these villains to start fighting with Strange to begin with. Almost all of the heroes are significantly beneath him.

There's also the fact that I doubt Dormammu would care enough to even get involved in fights with lesser heroes like Spidey or Iron Man. He would rather burn the whole planet down than share it with some other low life villains.

My assumption is that someone like Doom or something probably had a plan to get rid of Dormammu to prevent that from happening. After all, Loki ended up dying somehow. But that's just being generous in this stories case...

>smartish hulk tries to digest adamntium bones

Triggered

Why would Banner swallow the Adamantium skeleton?
Also, Banner has a healing factor too, he should have survived this.

Getting Wolverine to beat Hulk in believable fashion is not that easy.

With this you can assume that Hulk was senile or some shit.

pretty sure the fact he had to eat him entirely is the only reason Logan is able to get out.

Maybe. But maybe turning Banner's heart and chitlins into puree was what was needed.

I would assume that Banner's healing factor went to shit or something. I mean, he's incredibly old in this comic so it might be an aging issue.

But really it's just....

>Miller

The End.
Thanks for reading anons.Please Bump for others to read.

Did they ever continue this in any way?

Wouldn't it make more sense for Logan to name his kid after Kurt, his best friend, instead of after Scott?

Of course he'd marry a redhead.

IT'S A BOY!

It was a good read. Thanks, man!

The Defenders future from Millar's Fantastic Four run is supposed to be the same universe. Old Man Logan is there.

not really, their was some side story in secret wars 2 and after he was put into the main 616 universe.

Brucie Jr. became the Maestro and ended up travelling back in time to present day 616, right? I wonder if he and OML will reunite.

youtube.com/watch?v=7IkvAb6THQY

Thanks for the storytime. I may have to check out the ongoing now.

yeah but that's just the main story that's set in the future.

Any attempt at overthinking this is stupid. Its meant to be a fun romp where everyone besides Logan himself are basically accessories before characters. This is toy box writing. the creators are just playing around with the action figures.

The fact that Fox will probably turn this into an overthought out addition to their convoluted universe without all the fun callbacks and wealth of characters, and shoehorning in a whole other plot in order to segway to yet another movie is sad.

YES

Yeah, who's gonna take Hawkeye, Mysterio, The Red Skull and Hulk's place?

>Old Man Logan is there
Where?!

>I had forgotten about this whole "mutants just go extinct for no reason" thing.
This was still in the post-HoM era, remember.

>Please Bump for others to read.

SNIKT

hawkeye - gambit or x23

mysterio - they could introduce mastermind but i think its going to be mr.sinister/government who trigger wolverrine into killing the x men

red skull - magneto

the hulks - the sinster/xmen clone gang with the original mr.sinster, old and super sized just for the fuck of it

So old man logan dropped the Clint Eastwood look and went for his classic attire instead?!

More liek Freddy Kruger

Yes. He went back in time with the rest of the Defenders. I think he died later, but Brucie Jr. is still alive.

>Scotty
It's the little things

>he died later, but Brucie Jr. is still alive.
>Brucie Jr. is still alive.
>Brucie Jr.
>alive

>spider-buggy
Every time

He's Maestro now, and he's flying off in space with the surviving Defenders to find a new home for the people of the future.

This is nice to think about.

Reed died.
Sue Storm later turned up alive as leader of the Defenders. Since the Earth was fucked, they all ended up going back in time to find a new home.
Sadly, Future Sue was murdered by Present Doom.

You mean dis nigga

IIRC Reed died during the battle with Galactus, not during the stuff leading up to Old Man Logan.

OML is in a millarverse. Dooms not doom.

Millar's Fantastic Four is the official continuation of OML. They kinda/sorta revisted it in Secret Wars, but it had some contradictions with Millar's since they started incorporating modern-day stuff (for instance, Miles was shown as one of the dead heroes even though at the time of OML, he wasn't even introduced in the Ultimate Universe, much less the Marvel Universe).

When was it confirmed he was Maestro? I looked up the wiki entry for Bruce Banner Jr and it had a Maestro pic in it.

Brucie Jr. ended up calling himself Maestro, but he is not the same Maestro as the one from Future Imperfect or any other reality since those are all Bruce Sr. Brucie Jr. didn't do anything anyone would associate with Maestro, he didn't try to take over the world or anything, he was just a loner jerk with a beard.

comicvine.gamespot.com/hulk-jr/4005-58485/
In the very last line it says...
>Hulk Jr. would eventually become the Maestro.

Nice to see Wolverine in action where they don't censor him slicin' and dicin'.

Steggron approves

It's comicvine, hardly reliable. He becomes The Maestro in the sense that it's what he calls himself. Same way you would say that Amadeus Cho became The Hulk.

I like it a lot.

>Same way you would say that Amadeus Cho became The Hulk
True, I really hate his hair for some reason and I don't know why. But something about it just pisses me off....

This is a hell of a good story, but Millar has a tendency to overdo things. Wolverine killed all of the X-Men because of fucking Mysterio? No way.

Instead, the story would have flowed just as well if Mysterio had fooled Logan into killing Jubilee. Afterwards, Logan then goes blue-screen and sits out the rest of the super-villain takeover. In the aftermath, he now has two reasons to be a PTSD mess who doesn't want to pop his claws ever again.

The bullshit factor would drop tremendously.

Self bump

Bumps for the sniktbub.

I think it was confirmed somewhere that it was Klum.

Wut?

Sauce?

Is it just me or do those look like nipples?

What ends up happening to baby Hulk? Wolvie just going to raise him like his own? Doesn't seem like the type to father orphans.

He left it with Dani Cage in the Secret Wars mini.

An even older version of OML showed up in some Fantastic Four comics released concurrently with OML, so I'm assuming there.

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:James_Howlett_(Earth-807128)/Appearances

Hickman's fantastic four

Every time I read this I wonder who the Red Skull picked to be his wife.

I'm surprised Lemire hasn't had Old Man Logan killing Klum yet.

In Millar's Fantastic Four. Old Sue says that her husband and children died to get them into the past, so it sounds like Reed only disappeared as hinted at.

Wolverine killing the X-Men is so retarded. He's faced situations like that before from people like Mastermind tricking him into thinking his friends are actually his enemies and never fooled him. What makes Mysterio so much better?

Story time millar's FF?

>Surfer's board
>Nova's helmet
>Captain Marvel's nega bands
okay now i just want to see how this all went down

>Wolverine killed all of the X-Men because of fucking Mysterio?

Not because of Mysterio by himself, but because Mysterio got his powers amped up by the supervillains. I forgot who explained it, though. Probably Millar himself but I would've thought he could've put it in story.

The other thing is that the handbook or whatever confirmed this isn't Quentin Beck, it's Francis Klum who also a mutant that has telepathic powers. So it's mutant w/ telepathy + Mysterio abilities + whatever natural and supernatural boosts in power given to him by the large team of supervillains.

However I think the X-Men could've handled it better.

>buncha hicks somehow killed Sentry

this is the most stupid part of this story

Nice to know McDonalds still exists even when supervillains rule the world.

I think he went looking for him in the Kate Bishop issue, but eventually gave up, the implication being that Klum's apparent death in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man stuck.

>the implication being that Klum's apparent death in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man stuck.

But didn't that take place before the events of Old Man Logan?

tell me who'd be enough to ice Bob, cause sure as hell it ain't Loki nor Dormammu

Shit, for a second there I thought it was hawkeye

Is a black female Spider a perfect storm of ass?

OML is a world where Klum didn't die like he seemingly has in Earth-616.

Even with Captain America dead and gone, the Red Skull feels the need to spit on what his deceased rival/enemy believed, what better way than to decorate the capital of America in Nazi fashion? Alongside wearing his costume, making trophies out of his allies and friends, dedicating a statue to his defeat, etc, etc...

There's a reason Hulk is the climax of the story and not red skull, Hulk was wolverine's first appearance.

YOU DARE QUESTION THE LONGEVITY OF DOOM!? NONE MAY LAY HANDS ON HIS PERSON! LEAST OF ALL TIME!

>Little ARSCHKRIECHER
He didn't say that in the German translation. That's hilarious. Hitlerious.

There was a theory Doom was Reed Richards in OML, but I don't know where that came from.

Haha Dwight is awesome

I enjoyed this post apocalyptic version of "Unforgiven". Thanks, OP.

always liked this ending, would have loved to see OML and hulk Jr making a new team and fighting the supervillain alliance.

People have already pointed it out, but there's absolutely zero chance Logan could take out all of the X-Men. He could snag one of them by surprise, but Cyclops wouldn't hesitate to introduce his face to the punch dimension. Hell, he couldn't actually kill Kitty or Bobby. AND I JUST NOTICED HE KILLED POLARIS, HOLY SHIT, HOW
SHE IS AN ACTUAL HARD COUNTER TO HIM

bump!

Fuck yeah, she did.

The perfect hillbillies.

WOLVERINE IS OFFICIALLY REBORN

BUMPITY BUMP

Jesus, Bruce is almost legitimately terrifying in this one. He's doggone fucking lost it this time.

>Dark Knight Returns (1986)
>story takes place in a dystopian future with aged heroes
>famous archer-themed hero is physically disabled
>Old Man Logan (2008)
>story takes place in a dystopian future with aged heroes
>famous archer-themed hero is physically disabled

Is Millar a hack?

Are they one mind?

>Huge, big guy

>All that sticks in my head was the leaves bein' wet and the taste o' blood in my mouth ...
>...and the animals.
>The animals were so scared o' me.
Great writing right here.

That's how I took it. Banner's healing factor just couldn't deal with old age as well as Logan's does. It's still bullshit, but it makes as much sense as anything else.

t. never read Ultimates 2

kekkers

>the villains totally forget Logan's healing factor
I can buy him killing all the X-Men, but this seems really dumb.

Dude, Hawkeye's been all kinds of disabled.
He was deaf in 616 from like 1982 until Heroes Reborn (corrected with hearing aids)
He was blind in The Last Avengers Story.
Blind here.
Blind in 616 towards the tail end of McCann's run.
Deaf again in 616 now.

>They killed me fifty years ago, bub ...
>... and I got better.
Chills. Thanks for posting, user.

Sue Storm? Wasn't it mentioned that they don't know what happened to her? She's also pretty much the most desirable woman in the MU

Yeah, I was just memeing. I'd imagine it's a pretty common writing technique to fuck with superheroes like that.

Makes sense. Her initials are SS, after all.

Pottery.

I'm finding it pretty dull so far and not a patch on the orig.

>black bolt is around
How did they lose?

wait why is Ultron good here?

When Millar was hyping up the storyline he described it outright as DKR meets Unforgiven, so I don't know how you think no one noticed.

Thanks for posting, user, haven't read this one in a long while and it's still as enjoyable as the first time. The whole white house scene is great, honestly, I smile like an asshole at Wolvering cutting Red Skull's head off with Cap's shield.

Ultimate Hawkeye is pretty much just Bullseye with a bow. He's a crazy psychopath hellbent on revenge.

He wasn't like that during the Ultimates 1 & 2. That's Loeb bullshit.

Did Millar ever mention what eventually became of the She Hulk in this timeline?

She died. Either killed herself or couldn't bear the strain of being used as a breeder anymore, iirc.

Yup. Loeb turned that book into pure trash. The awful art didn't help either.

>Electroville

Funny, the new series showed that he was killed by the Punisher during the little hero/villain war.

How was Old Man Logan 2? I immediately dropped it after the first issue because of the art work, but supposedly it was pretty fun.

Boring. Has a decent concept but is nowhere near as focused as the first volume.

Also they ruin the whole 'Logan hasn't popped his claws in 50 years' thing. Which sucks.

Anybody want to give me the low down on the story to save me the effort? Do they bring back baby hulk?

>muh mutants he killed on his mind and muh physics-bendingly thrown to different domains

Old Logan travels back to the present day Marvel Universe, starts trying to kill villains in order to stop the uprising from the original OML comic. He realises he is in a different timeline where the uprising never happens after old Captain America shows Logan his own corpse covered in Adamantium. Then he goes to Canada for some reason, and meets his ginger wife from the first OML as a child. Then some shit goes down, and there's a lot of heavy handed 'muh chaos' and 'muh death follows me around, i lead a cursed life boo hoo' cliche stuff. Then he goes to Japan for some reason.

There's some interesting bits of his life in between the supervillain uprising and the road trip with old Hawkeye, but it's spaced out in between meandering stuff that doesn't really go anywhere.

And no baby Hulk.

Wait, what?

There are so many cool ideas in this story (Doom owning a part of the world, baby hulk ect) and they just decided to ignore all of it in favour of that?

Yup.

I guess it's their way of solving the problem of not having Logan alive in the present-day MU.

Technically, the future of the Bruce Jr. was already written as OML developed. Because both an older version of him and an even more aged version of this same Logan were in a F4 story being published concurrently, also written by Millar. I'm not sure how canon that even-futher-from-now future was supposed to be at the time, though, and it sure as hell never happened now. Apparently he and the New Defenders came back when the F4 were doing the whole Future Foundation thing, I guess that's when he was written out of existence.