>Dr. Strange in a little more than a month

>>Dr. Strange in a little more than a month
>>GOTG 2 wrapped shooting, in post production
>>Spider-Man Homecoming just finished the primary shooting
>>Thor Ragnorok currently filming
>>Avengers Infinity Wars starts in November
>>Black Panther starts in January

The MCU is like an assembly line at this point. Wouldn't it get complicated filming Captain Marvel and Ant-Man & Wasp the same time as Infinity Wars?

Other urls found in this thread:

birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/09/inside-the-new-marvel-bullpen
theguardian.com/film/2016/sep/23/anger-churchill-home-turned-hitler-hq-transformers-5-michael-bay-swastika-flags
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well the first Justice League movie is next year and starting in 2017 we're going to have three consecutive Transformers films one year after the next.

So it's not a tactic exclusive to Marvel, it's just that they started earliest and have a large range of products now.

>The MCU is like an assembly line

I've just realized. It never made sense to me why people said this or "cookie cutter" or "Marvel formula". But now I understand it's because there are so many movies actually working in tandem without continuity issues. And for some reason this bothers people? Each film has a completely different team of people working on it. That's why every film feels different. The only collaborative effort is Feige telling the filmmakers beforehand what connective beats to hit and then letting them have free reign aside from that.

As for filming at the same time during a big crossover movie, I imagine all the screen writers are aware of each other's stories.

>That's why every film feels different.
Barely, like episodes of a tv show directed by different people. They have a commitee and that brings tonal unity to the whole MCU, but at this point they are just these huge big budgeted episodes of a series, not films that stand on their own. This isn't neccessarily bad, every Sherlock episode is basically a movie too. But I get people getting bored. I certainly am. I go to the movies because in spicland a ticket is cheap and watching the mcu is a good way of hanging around with my nerd friends during weekends.
I'm just not hyped. After Avengers, going back to the smaller movies felt weird and killed a little bit of my interest.

>we're going to have three consecutive Transformers films one year after the next.

>As for filming at the same time during a big crossover movie, I imagine all the screen writers are aware of each other's stories.
They are, especially now that the company was restructured with Feige in charge and Perlmuter no longer there. There was an interesting interview about it.

birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/09/inside-the-new-marvel-bullpen

>“One of the nice aspects of working at Marvel is the interaction with the other directors and writers,” says Peyton Reed, who is currently developing Ant-Man and the Wasp. “ In Hollywood, directors don't always hang out with each other. We're generally too self-absorbed, egotistical and focused on our own things. So it's cool to see Taika {Waititi} or Scott {Derrickson} in the hallway and talk about whatever. It's fun to have a meal with James {Gunn} and discuss what we're doing. It's awesome to have Ryan Coogler in the office next to mine. It taps into that Marvel Bullpen fantasy for me.”

>Captain America: Civil War is, in many ways, the culmination of all of Marvel’s movies to date, and that means as the films bump into each other more and more that Bullpen atmosphere becomes more important.

>“We are constantly interacting with everyone because we’re doing these movies that inherit so much of what they have done, or that may affect what they’re going to do,” says Civil War co-director Anthony Russo. “Interfacing becomes more and more important, especially as Marvel starts to do more movies per year. The soup is getting thick.”

Art is death and we killed it.

>“The filmmakers are very focused - and very protective - of their own projects, but at the same time they know it’s the sand box,” says Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige. “And they know it’s fun. Peyton Reed was showing Joe and Anthony Russo early cuts of Ant-Man and giving them an idea how to include him in Civil War. There’s always been a very nice back and forth. There’s just enough friendliness and enough rivalry.”

>The rivalry comes into play when filmmakers are trying to stake out their own corner of the universe. While James Gunn gets to have his Guardians of the Galaxy safely light years away from the main thrust of the MCU, the other filmmakers don’t have that luxury - in many ways Marvel Studios is post-auteur. But while Peyton Reed may have lost the opportunity to reveal Giant Man in his own movie, he will get to debut The Wasp. It's the compromises that come when playing in the bigger sandbox.

>“Wasp had been in some early versions of Civil War, and I had some discussions with Evangeline Lilly about that,” Feige revealed. “But the more we thought about it, the more we realized that would do a disservice to that character and to what we wanted to tell in Ant-Man and The Wasp.”

>Besides the changes at the top of Marvel Studios in the wake of restructuring, the other big change in Phase Three is the loss of Joss Whedon. Whedon had been signed on as “Creative Consultant” for Marvel in Phase Two, but now he’s moved on. It’s not clear to me how that worked out internally, but Kevin Feige says that position won’t happen again.

>“With Joss it was an official thing,” Feige says. “It was a contractual thing, which was the ability to enlist him to do some writing and oversee what was happening. That was the only time we’ve ever done something like that. But people share scripts with each other and get thoughts, we do that all the time.”

>While there’s no official “Creative Consultant,” the fact that the Russo Brothers are directing the big deal Avengers 3 and 4 means they have become the de facto driving forces of the MCU - all the movies have to feed into what they’re doing.

>“As populists, Anthony and I have always been interested in a United Artists concept,” Joe Russo says. “One of the things that’s happening at Marvel right now is that we are very close friends with James Gunn, we’re very close friends with Peyton Reed, we’re very close with Scott Derrickson and Jon Watts. There’s a community of us as filmmakers who are working together very collaboratively and who enjoy handing each other curveballs with the characters so that we can pick up the thread and move it forward. Part of the fun of the job is picking up the threads left by these other filmmakers.”

>Reed agrees. “It's necessary and it's also, creatively speaking, really fun. Again, our movies are all connected but they also have to stand on their own. Things they do affect us and things we do affect them, but it's flexible. Obviously, where Scott Lang ends up in Civil War affects how we start him out in Ant-Man and the Wasp, but there are no limits to where we take him in our movie. There are definitely situations and events that everyone in the MCU is building towards.”

>Like Thanos and his pursuit of the Infinity Stones. “With Infinity War as these culmination movies, there’s certainly going to be a lot of interaction between us and the other caretakers of the characters,” says Joe Russo. “We love that, and it might be the best part of the job.”

>>“Wasp had been in some early versions of Civil War, and I had some discussions with Evangeline Lilly about that,” Feige revealed. “But the more we thought about it, the more we realized that would do a disservice to that character and to what we wanted to tell in Ant-Man and The Wasp.”
So, that means Wasp won't be in Part One of Infinity Wars?

This genuinely sounds cool and well structured.

It's the logical thing to do, really. If you want a Cinematic Universe that connects, you can't not talk to the other directors and share ideas.

Otherwise, you just get movies that contradict eachother over and over again and continuity issues.

Like Age of Ultron.

>GOTG 2 wrapped shooting, in post production
I didn't even realize it started. I'm assuming there are no set photos?

>After Avengers, going back to the smaller movies felt weird
Do you only read the team books? Cause usually the solo books are better. This is the case for the MCU as well

We got some, like Simon Willaims Nathan Filleon posters, and a scene of something flipping cars and explosions. Also, teaser shots of things from Gunn.

Fiege said Wasp is going to have one of the most pivital roles in IW. Whether that means she isn't in until IW2 no one knows
Peyton Reed sounds like a cool guy. He really likes collaborating Ant Man was a giant sandbox of ideas

Have you read the plot for the next Transformers film? It's insane.

>The story for Transformers: The Last Night will involve Optimus Prime finding his home planet, Cybertron, now a dead planet, which he comes to find he was responsible for killing. He finds a way to bring the planet back to life, but in order to do so he needs to find an artifact. And of course, that artifact is on Earth. What is that artifact? Well, here’s where things get weird.

>Somehow the artifact ties into Merlin, the magician of King Arthur lore. Apparently, the power of magic was given to Merlin by a Transformer and somehow the artifact ties into this. As far as what the artifact is, we can’t say, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it has something to do with the famed sword Excaliber (I mean, they did make sure to include a sword in the new logo, didn't they?). That’s just speculation on my part, but it sounds reasonable. Of course, we’ve seen the effects of time travel in these films already and are aware of Transformers visiting Earth throughout the planets existence, so that certainly fits with the universe they’ve created and now it appears that the story will add British Mythology to the narrative.

They all seem like pretty cool guys.

Also Hitler and Nazis are going to be involved.
theguardian.com/film/2016/sep/23/anger-churchill-home-turned-hitler-hq-transformers-5-michael-bay-swastika-flags

The question to the federal law part, kek.

Age of Ultron didn't contradict anything though unless you're a mouth breather that thought the end of Iron Man 3 was Tony quitting being Iron Man.

>Peyton Reed sounds like a cool guy. He really likes collaborating Ant Man was a giant sandbox of ideas

He was famously pretty salty because he had written a script treatment for the 2005 Fantastic Four years ago that had literally everything a Fantastic Four fan would want(science adventures, bright family fun, outer space, literal on-screen representations of Kirby dots) and it got dropped in favor of Tim "Jessica Alba Is An Ugly Cryer" Story's version instead.

So I think he's just happy that he got to direct a comic-book movie on his own terms and add in all the poppy visuals he wanted to. People shit on him because he wasn't Wright, but honestly if you watched Down With Love and Bring It On it's clear he has a strong eye for visuals and when I heard he was the new director I knew we were in safe hands.

The MCU might not be interested in pure auteur artists like Wright and that's a bit of a shame, but grabbing journeyman directors who have hidden, underused reservoirs of talent and letting them have fun in the sandbox is a pretty smart choice on its own.

>GOTG 2 wrapped shooting, in post production
Source? I thought the sequel was planned for a 2018 release.

It is, but so is Infinity War so most of the 2018 movies were shot this year with IW starting pre-production this month and shooting at the end of the year.

I hope Taika Waititi keeps doing good stuff.

Loved the Wilderpeople

>the end of Iron Man 3 was Tony quitting being Iron Man.
Yeah except that's literally what it was.

Except for the part where he says "I am Iron Man" at the end.

I don't know why that last scene was so complicated for so many people. He was starting to get over his crippling PTSD and heal as a person, it doesn't mean he was quitting the job.

If you look at wrights plan Reed made some great changes and choices

but they don't, like at all.

Why do you think Pepper left Tony in Civil War? It'seems because he was supposed to quit but he didn't. Twice. First after Iron Man 3, then after Weekend at Ultron's.

>so many movies actually working in tandem without continuity issues
This delusion.
I'm not a hater by any means, I love most of the MCU but c'mon.

But it clearly was not. Show me one line of dialogue where he implies he's quitting.

Can someone explain what Marvel Studios means by this?

Overcompensating for the Black Panther's 90% black cast?

His plan was always to 'scale back'. Iron Man 3 is a movie about how Iron Man is a crutch and how Tony as a person is the real answer. Over reliance on Iron Man is addressed in the end of the movie by enacting clean slate, then he leans too far in the opposite in direction with his attempt at creating Ultron so that the world wouldn't need Iron Man at all.

None of this disproves my point. He was supposed to stop after Iron Man 3 but he never did.

>mixed race bitches stealing our white men

they keep making it the female character because they're never as important as the male leads

It disproves your entire idea since 'scaling back' is the closest he comes to implying he's quitting at the end of Iron Man 3.
I'd feel like I'm being condescending if I had to explain what 'scaling back' means, but let me know if you're still confused, champ.

user what was the last line of the movie?

What about Nick Fury immediately coming out of hiding with a fucking Helicarrier?

Nick Fury coming back with his eye patch and a Hellicarrier after TWS' ending was jarring.

He wasn't necessary for the movie, Hill could have played his part. It would have been so cool to leave Fury for Infinity War.

Then what did he mean by the suits were a cocoon? At least Civil War pointed out that he had a problem and couldn't stop and that's why Pepper left.

Recasting Rhodey as Don Cheadle doesn't count as a continuity error.

That's some bullshit right there. Every film feels exactly the same, entertaining (not good) but unoriginal at best.