Simon x jessica

does Cred Forums ship them yet?

>muslim suffers from predjudice

nice one DC

>Jessica is a genwunner

reeee.

Fuck, I regret so much not keeping up with rebirth, you made me remember hwat a blast it was being

>He's a Muslim
>She's a Mexican
>And you, dear reader, are a privileged shitlord

I'd rather they never be shipped together.

Complain about minority's taking white roles yet they create new characters designed for minority's and you still complain

Has there ever been a situation where a comic character mentioned their favorite Pokémon and it's not one of the ~10 most well known gen one mons?

Probably not. It's like they don't know that their fanbase consists of nerdy manchildren who could probably list every pokemon ever.

We already have a superior GL couple to ship, thank you.

Which one is that?

Kyle & Carol

HalxSinestro

The best part is that conceptually both Simon and Jessica are right-wing as hell.

But they are so cute together

Are you suffering from prejudice?

Member when Green Lantern was about an aien peace force which had the whole universe as a playground instead of just Earth and 5+ human Lanterns?

Yeah me neither because outside of The Corps or the stomped Edge of Oblivion everything more and more evolves into bullshit.

No I'm not. It's the truth. People complain ceaselessly about shit that doesn't matter.

Ah, to be young and naive...

what?

Simon might be, but Jessica? Have they even mentioned her political leanings?

Not really. Maybe it's me, but I don't get any feeling of them being written together.

Hopefully Hal & GLC will be contained in space.

She had a gun, senpai. That means she's KKK Imperial Wizard.

She's a gun nut.

I haven't read a GL comic since blackest night. How many lanterns does earth have now?

Six.

Not even a little. They're perfect as crimefighting partners that act like new roommates. I hope they keep this merged battery thing up for a good long while because it's a great angle. It would be like shipping Superman and Wonder Woman. Ridiculous!

>he suffers from prejudice
But Cred Forums told me DC was past this kinda fucking shit?

Simon Baz, Jessica Cruz, Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Kyle Rayner, Guy Garderner and Alan Scott.

Could Argue Scott is retired and, Hal, John & Kyle tend to be based in space or other sectors now. So Earth only really has 3 lanterns there most of the time.

Possible storyline about another sector getting pissed about lack of Lanterns Corps protecting them? could mirror cops giving certain neighbourhoods better treatment sort of thing.

>Alan Scott
Who?

Isn't Jes a lesbian? She seems like one so far

I want you to look at Simon and honestly tell me he can be shipped with anybody on the DC roster

He's not that kind of character. He might be someday, but he sure as shit isn't now

Exactly

My naive about people complaining? If you say so

She's a hunter and competitive shooter turned paranoid survivalist.

Not only does Earth have an actual evolutionary trait that allows for the possibility of spontaneous generation of physics defying abilities, it's been a target of multiple hostile incursions by alien governments, and houses numerous alien immigrants. It's not that Earth gets better treatment, it's that Earth has too much going on for the standard deployment scheme.

oh yes while Starro & Brainiac are ravaging entire galaxies it's just one planet that needs 6 GLs despite already having the Justice League?

That's like saying you don't need the FBI because you've already got local cops.

Listen buddy Earth is not only in a bad neighborhood of space but it's the shittiest house on the block.

I don't read Green lantern so I know nothing about these characters but whenever I see a picture of the Arab Green Lantern with a real gun he just seems like one of the stupidest GL Characters ever created...

I am wrong?

I agree, this place is a shithole

Considering how many "ring is out of power" or "ring isn't working for some reason" stories there are Simon's the only one with a goddamn bit of sense.

Really drags down the property value of the while milky way.

How can you not? Simon and Jessica are cute and perfect together.

the gun will run out of bullets long before the ring would

That's not the point of the gun. The gun is the backup.

Having some GLs patrol earth is a great change of pace from the lazy "and now another giant dude is destroying the universe" sci-fi plots.

Is he a good character? And how do you feel about feminism?

>Is he a good character
Yes
>>how do you feel about feminism
What does that have to do with anything?

Lackluster during his introduction, but now that he's got a writer with an idea of where to take him he's been pretty enjoyable.

>he's a muslim
Is he? He has a tattoo and doesn't seem to be religious at all.

He's an al-Fitr and al-Adha Muslim at best. I'm pretty sure he's entirely secular. His family is also pretty secular.

>perfect as crimefighting partners that act like Roommates who are about to bang.

That last issue had me wanting more shirtless simon.
>that mahogany body

Not really, I'm more interested in the issue of Justice League coming up where Jess is going to ask out Barry.
I know it's a dead end, but it'll be cute.

No user, Simon is the Lebanese.

>practicing your basic human rights
>a nut

You know it's coming back right? They're picking up where they left off.

Niggas please

Barry x Jessica is where it's at.
It'll probably be pic related, but Jessica a cute.

The gay Green Lantern.

Remember, people born with superheroes have the right to self-defense, but ordinary people don't have the right to pick up a gun and save their own lives.

>tfw alan scott will never go back to hating faggots

You maybe right but I can't help but ship Simon/Jessica.

Yes and I'm still furious about it

Are they just going to ignore Omega Men?

Pretty much. IDK how anyone who exists in a comic book world wouldn't own a gun

Simon/Bleez OTP

It's not like plenty of people knows what happened in Omega Men.

leave

>are they just gonna ignore Omega men
You better pray that they do user cause I don't have any faith in them revisiting omega men.

Honestly though, would the guns even do much against most powered people? Cops have guns and they still need heroes to catch them.

alan scott goat lantern.
goat power set.
krptonians job to this nigga like every day.
alan scott based af.

I hope not because that would be the most awkward conversation.
>why didn't you save me from the space terrorist?

Perfect setup for Hal's suffering ride.

Look at how many super criminals there are. Like a bullet wouldn't do shit to a joker thug?

Hasn't Hal suffered enough?

Well you don't want to go out like some punk bitch do ya?

I think so but Venditti probably has different plan.

If superpowers existed in the real world, most superpowered criminals would have been lynched a long time ago.

Not just Joker types, either. Someone like Nitro in the Marvel Universe, a literal walking WMD, would have been taken out, either by a citizen or by a government sniper. He certainly wouldn't be allowed to escape time and time again.

I love Jess, but I'm Lebanese and don't really understand Simon's character, it's not the mask or the gun, it's just that dialogue wise he just seems like a neutered Garfner, while all other GLs have a unique perspective.

I think Madame Mirage shows that supervillains can't just be taken out like normal terrorist.

nah
I like her, tho

The amount of internal monologue this series has is turning me off

>I'm Lebanese
Ok

well it worked against Sinestro

>I'm Lebanese

Shouldn't you be working in the movies, Geoff?. What are you doing here?

this

Do you mean Madame Masque, or is this another supervillain I'm not familiar with?

Madame Mirage, Tits McGee created by Dini based on his wife. Evil corporation, outlawed heroes, lone woman on righteous crusade, yadda yadda yadda.

their only conversation should be breaking up

You're going to take your ICE-CREAM IN SPACE issue and you're going to like it.

agree, I don't see simon romance with anyone for now. Same for Jessica, but Hitch seems to be into shipping jessica and barry

>she's a genwunner
>she has more than one starter as her favorite
gross

c'mon kyle is a better boyfriend than hal jordan

If it's by Paul Dini I don't care how exploitative it is, I'll give it a chance.

I like Simon but I'm getting real tired of Jessica bitching and being scared of everything and being a failure as a fucking Green Lantern.

>Marvel-tier "quirky fun" story
Kyle/Carol deserves nothing more

Nah.

>a 3/4th chance of painful death
>better than getting to dom Hal

>shipping buddy cops

absolutely disgusting

Depends on who you ask. Some people do, some people actively want them to stay platonic because they like that dynamic better.

>shipping them
fuck no. They're good as friends.

That just means she's smart.

Nobody is complaining about Simon and Jes though. They're based.

Did you notice that he even has little Bleez wings on the Halloween cover?

Can we all agree Gen 2 was the best gen?

>tfw no Charmander, Growlith, Syther, Cyndaquil team

they're bat wings and he has little glowing fangs, he's a vampire not Bleez

Cred Forums really likes Simon and Jess though. I think it's because they haven't been shown to be super awesome and better than the original straight away. Hal left them on earth because what he was doing in space was to important for them to fuck up and they have to prove themselves.

It's refreshing

Platonic is better.

Disgustingly comfy.

I ship Barry and Jessica if only because they'll never do Hal and Barry and we need some SpeedsterXLantern stuff.

They're canon in some Morrison-Universe.

god yes

Simon's special snowflake powers kind of goes against this statement. I think it's more that a lot of people started reading during the Johns era stuff and have nostalgia for early GLC about all the rookie lanterns learning the ropes. This is basically a throwback to that and it's fun.

best universe, best ship

>Simon's special snowflake powers kind of goes against this statement

Eh maybe but he can't control it

He can't control the sight but it seems like he can control the healing now since he attempted to use it on Atrocitus

Salty as fuck that Simon is on JL & not Mister Miracle!

>that shit level scaling
>that no johto mons in johto
>that empy kanto
Nope. Gen 5 best
>inb4 ine cream and garbage.
Gen 1 had eggs turn into a tree and two piles of sludge

Is Earth still the literal center of the Universe?

Nah, grinding was a fucking pain in Gen V. Also the "story" was shite.

Gen IV was objectively best, with HG/SS being the best of them all. Two regions, decent story, mns walking behind me felt great and you could turn off running/bicycle with the touchpad

Center of the Multiverse, sure.
Not sure if Oa is the physical center of the multiverse, or if that's some bullshit from the Guardians.

Bw2 had the best poatgane and grinding was great. Really easy to level up but not too easy and no one got way overleveled. Fantastic. Also hgss didnt even have a story so...