Franco-Belgian / Eurocomics Storytime

Good afternoon Cred Forumsmrades,

Today, I bring you a newly scanlated comic about Tesla. It's 1942, nobody's seen Tesla for years, but he may be the only person capable of preventing his inventions from tearing the world apart, meanwhile, a mysterious man searches for Tesla's hidden laboratories, containing the key to his inventions.

I don't know what to say to this volume really. It's quite clearly an introductory tome, lots of setup and exposition, I guess we'll just have to see where it goes. Lots of potential though, alt-history, kids mixed up in serious shit, cool robbits, Tesla.

I'd be grateful for any comments, corrections, criticism or suggestions.

Later today I may get another scanlation done, quite an intriguing post-apocalyptic fiction based on a very influential French sci-fi novel written in the 40s.

But anyway, hope you enjoy.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/?8vc0eywtcqx7i
mediafire.com/folder/8o9fev8qu6bue/BD
zippyshare.com/aliceinzululand
mediafire.com/?b4mhrfnyc6k6r
mediafire.com/?d50959tpj5s46
mediafire.com/?p8ad715mtqeh7
www48.zippyshare.com/v/Drpc3RsN/file.html
www48.zippyshare.com/v/YqkRsmdp/file.html
sendspace.com/file/0wtrwv
sendspace.com/file/yvtz9x
sendspace.com/file/clync0
sendspace.com/file/e3ca9p
sendspace.com/file/h2laow
bedetheque.com/serie-43005-BD-Temple-du-passe.html)
bedetheque.com/serie-18595-BD-Waterloo-1911.html)
bedetheque.com/serie-53064-BD-Odyssee-sous-controle.html)
bedetheque.com/serie-51452-BD-Leviathan-Brunschwig.html)
bedetheque.com/serie-45285-BD-Roma.html)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not entirely convinced on the title, I would have liked to do something like Tesla's Three Ghosts, but that would have messed up the shape of that title.

You'll post a DL link at the end, right?

or you can check out the win-o on wednesday, he's sure to put it there

Better to have posted here after this storytime.

t. not OP

Yeah, I won't put one up until next week probably, I'd like to avoid having to put up a fixed one because I've probably made several typos that some kind user might spot.

>I'd like to avoid having to put up a fixed one because I've probably made several typos that some kind user might spot.

awaiting ProofReadAnon...that guy was a treasure when Ouash was doing Wake

Eagerly waiting for the rest OP
Also, it seems some words are missing from the speech bubble at the end of this page

Oooh, shit, yeah, gotta fix that, thanks.

It says 'yes, yes, go on...'

Grown ass men making comics exclusively for manchildren should be taken out in the street and shot, especially when it's as boring as this bullshit.

If you find this even the least bit interesting put a gun in your mouth and blow your fucking brains out, no one will miss you.

You think it's more grown up to be this asshurt about a comic book?

Bump

Nice storytime
thanks

Here's your (You) for a legitimate shitposting effort in a storytime thread.

This has nothing to dow ith the translation itself, but his country of origin is either Croatia or the Austrian Empire.

And this is what I'm working on right now, in the near future, suddenly all electricity stops working. This is based on a novel published in 1943.

The English translation of the novel was apparently titles 'Ashes, Ashes', but I figure I won't be losing any readership in not changing the title, since it seems to be fairly unknown in English and it's been out of print for a while anyway.

This is the latest book by Mathieu Bablet, authour of Beautiful Death and Adrastea, which have both been scanlated. Might storytime them at some point.

This one will take longer, I lost around 50 pages of translation the other day when my computer crashed and nothing had been autosaved, and because I'm an idiot and didn't manually save.

cool cover

Yeah, I did question this while I was doing it. The original text says Serbia, and he is certainly more Serbian than Croatian or Austrian. Maybe I'll change it to parents' country or something.

Yeah, I'd be lying if I said I'd decided to scanlate it because I'm a lover of obscure French sci-fi, and not because of the dope cover.

Like I said, it's nothing to do with the translation, no need to change it. And I'm biased since I'm a Croat. I agree that he's a Serb btw. Or at least of Serbian origins.

Loved those two. Looking forward to reading this one, thanks user

Here's your (you)

Thanks for the scanlation, user. This is high quality shit. Do you have a link to your other stuffs?

Thanks bro, glad you liked it. Here's my folder:

mediafire.com/?8vc0eywtcqx7i

And here's a few more I have, some good shit in here:

mediafire.com/folder/8o9fev8qu6bue/BD
zippyshare.com/aliceinzululand
mediafire.com/?b4mhrfnyc6k6r
mediafire.com/?d50959tpj5s46
mediafire.com/?p8ad715mtqeh7

Anyone have an english translation of this?

Cinebook stuff is quite slow to get rips unfortunately. There's tons in their catalog I wish I could afford.

Hmm. Orbitals really the only franco-belgian that I've found myself interested in following. I do think it's pretty great though.

Thank you for another excellent translation phillywilly. And since there is no Win-O I hope you won't mind if I drop these here:

Trolls of Troy 09 - Big Trouble in Lower Darshan I (Remaster-HD) (2006) (TheOhJay)
www48.zippyshare.com/v/Drpc3RsN/file.html

Trolls of Troy 10 - Big Trouble in Lower Darshan II (Remaster-HD) (2007) (TheOhJay)
www48.zippyshare.com/v/YqkRsmdp/file.html

Speaking just for myself, it's because their digitals are only on izneo, which does everything in shitty resolution. However they have started to put some stuff on comixology. Not very much though, and only very slowly.

It bugs me every time somebody tries to portray Tesla as some kind of credible scientist or inventor. I guess a fantasy comic book is the least problematic, but it still supports the myth.

Didn't he invent alternating current? What's your problem?

Congrats, one more and you're done!

Probably an Edison fanboy. Edifags are the worst.

Want some historical French smut, anons?

sendspace.com/file/0wtrwv
sendspace.com/file/yvtz9x
sendspace.com/file/clync0
sendspace.com/file/e3ca9p
sendspace.com/file/h2laow

I find they're actually pretty reasonable, you can get them for like $7-8.

No, no problem, bud, consider it a general. Thanks for your work, I haven't read any of the Troy books myself, but I know a lot of people will be happy about these.

Didn't it also turn out he used radio transmission years before Marconi?

It always bugs me when people put their own huge, obnoxious logo on the front cover of a comic. Sure, put it on the inside, but the front cover, taking away from the art, nah.

Are you going to do anymore of the Wul adaptations phillywilly? Niourk was very good.

I feel the same way. The scanlator is over at kaskus and I want to say something but I feel like he's going to write an essay in rebuttal and I don't enjoy confrontation. So I'll probably just download the original covers and fix them myself.

So as promised, I have this all typeset up, and would love some proofing if you're out there proofread-user, or anyone else.

So, this is again an intro tome, but boy, is it a good opening, IMO

I gather from interviews I've read that this is rather loosely adapted. This bit is much later in the book, but the authors decided to pull it forward because they thought that if they didn't, it'd be boring and the book wouldn't sell. I certainly hope in the future volumes they do more of this time period, because I love societies rebuilding after apocalypses.

So first off, I only finished off Niourk, the first ones were the awesome Alice, who I wish would come back.

But I'm considering it, yeah. I'm interested in doing Le Temple Du Passe, and Odysee Sous Controle has great art.

Oms en serie might be neat too, but it would always bug me not being able to really do justice to the title. The only English translation that exists of the actual book just went with Fantastic Planet to go with the movie. Could maybe do something like 'Mass produced Umens', but that doesn't seem right to me.

I did say something about him erasing the original publisher on one of his other scanlations, but he claimed it wasn't him. Who knows if it was true or not.

This is really good!

I'm reading. Great so far.

And there we go. Hope someone enjoyed it.

>Hope someone enjoyed it.

I did, thanks, keep up the good work.

Enjoyed both, thanks a lot.

What's next for our intrepid scanlation hero?

Hi, a Serb here. The best solution would be to translate it as "the prestige dialect in my native language" and avoid the whole serbian/croat/austrian/american debate.

Well, I have this on the go, but I have like 80 pages left and it'll take a long while to typeset too.

Apart from that, I've got a few options in mind:

Le Temple du Passe (bedetheque.com/serie-43005-BD-Temple-du-passe.html)
Waterloo 1911 (bedetheque.com/serie-18595-BD-Waterloo-1911.html)
Odysee sous Controle (bedetheque.com/serie-53064-BD-Odyssee-sous-controle.html)
Leviathan (bedetheque.com/serie-51452-BD-Leviathan-Brunschwig.html)
Les Ogres-Dieux (bedetheque.com/serie-51452-BD-Leviathan-Brunschwig.html) But these are big books with prose sections that I don't know if I can be bothered with.
Roma (bedetheque.com/serie-45285-BD-Roma.html)

That's a good idea actually, thanks.

Aw, he wants to daterape her, but actually carried her away to safety

>Safety

Not yet, they have a plane heading right for them

I did.
Thank you user.

Universal War Two tome 3 comes out next month. It was supposed to come out last year but got delayed for some reason, any chances it will get translated early or do we have to stick with the 6 months wait?

Thanks for the dump of both comics.

Any of you frenchfags read Alex Alice's latest comic? Is it good?

Oh man, it's late and I just stumbled across this.

Thanks for the storytimes and links. I'll take a look at this tomorrow.

It all looks like quality stuff!

Bump to read.

bump

It will be early if it comes out on comixology like V2 did.

Yes, it's excellent, though I may be biased because it has a lot of stuff from best Germany (Bayern) in it.

Does anybody know if someone is going to translate the 13th tome of Ythaq or the 19th tome of Sillage? Just asking because I like both series.

I translated Ythaq 12 but it's getting really good official translations now so its pointless carrying on.

Obligatory dump.

I remember Marvel did the the issues 1-6, but I was under the impression that they stopped translating.

They did. Now Delcourt/Soleil have started again.

What’s the general consensus on the Sillage/Wake series? I’m on issue # 3 or 4 and loving it.

Bump

Navis is a bit of an SJW but otherwise it's good. Would make a dope TV series.

Le bump

Good story

>19th century dude
>avoiding the nationality question

Toppest XOXO.

There's no text in the bottom left speech bubble.

These remind me so much of Asterix, thank you for sharing.

bump should I storytime Spirou & Fantismo?

I hope to get lets to all 54 volumes so I can do a Full Series Storytime during my holidays

bump

Go for it.

I like it, Navis is a bit of a bitch and whines a lot but she can be cute and the art is top notch.

I would like it.

Do it, please!

Thanks user. Basically, all the bottom row of text shifts along one to the left, and the last panel's meant to say something like 'I've got to get this shady business into the light of day'. But I'll probably tweak that slightly.

Thanks to the scanlators

Did you safe the books that gal scanlated for tumblr? I think she covered a lot of the Franquin-period of the series.

phillywilly can you please post a link for Ravage? It's not in your mediafire account.

Yeah, it's not supposed to be yet, I'd like to give it some time to see if more anons spot any more mistakes. I'll put it up probably on Wednesday or Thursday.

Oh okay, thanks.

It must be quite frustrating doing scanlations now and then an official version comes out soon after.

Who is gal?