What are the highest artistic achievements in the medium of comics?

What are the highest artistic achievements in the medium of comics?

Thankfully comics hasn't been infected by the kind of pretentiousness that other mediums have, so hopefully we never find out.

Right now we are free to enjoy whatever we like and can discuss the merits of (almost) anything on equal grounds. It feels pretty good knowing that you and your kind will never be welcome. The inaccessibility of comics has acted as a fantastic pleb filter for the last 30 years and I hope we have 30 more.

Here, have a half-joking image.

Serious answer though: Dave Sim's Cerebus the Aardvark is the highest artistic achievement in the medium of comics.

Mark Millar's The Ultimates.
Not even joking.

This comic about frogs by Steranko

Krazy Kat or Peanuts

>highest artistic achievement
>Godard

Stop posting.

For what reason?

Wet Cough

Delete this

The only highest artistic achievement about breathless is that Jean Sedberg is a top waifu

>velvet underground
>good

>pretentious

Everyone laugh at this dumbass.

I can tell two things about you from this post. One, you are a Christian. Two, you have had substance abuse problems in the past. Considering these facts, you hardly have any room to call others dumbasses.

Dude
They teach a lot of comics in college now
Get up out the basement

you seem pretty cringe

I can tell two things about you from this post. One, you are a Faggot. Two, you have had mental health problems in the past. Considering these facts, you hardly have any room to call others dumbasses.

I can tell two things about you from this post. One, you are a redditor. Two, you have had shit taste in the past. Considering these facts, you hardly have any room to call others cringe.

a meme is born!

Breathless isn't even Godard's best film.

>implying Cerebus and Krazy Kat aren't excellent examples of comics being used to the finest degree possible

I feel second hand embarrassment reading this

It's L&R.

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

I'm fucking tired of you shitheads not listening to me. I'm tired of your "opinions". You're fucking peasants and I know what's best for you. God I fucking hate mongrels.

Do I even ask that much of you? No. All I ask is that you obey SIMPLE orders and keep your mouth SHUT. But here you are, begging to be noticed by your king. Well you've got my attention now, and you better start BEGGING to lose it. You aren't walking out of here alive without my permission.

You can do better

Fuck off, and don't reply to my posts ever again. Don't speak unless spoken to.

Still low quality. Try not to make it so obvious.

What the fuck are you talking about? jesus christ shut up PLEASE

please just obey
please

>TVU&N
>highest artistic achievement in music

"artistic achievement" eventually comes down to subjectivity after the technicals are sorted out. this whole thread maybe a bait thread

that said I'll throw in Asterios Polyp as a serious contender. It makes the most use of the medium to tell an engaging and touching story.

nice try

I can tell two things about you from this post. One, you are an apple. Two, you have had polar bear problems in the past. Considering these facts, you hardly have any room to call others dumbasses.

>muh tits & butts: the comic

Roasted Bread?

I second Asterios Polyp as contender for G.O.A.T

Not sure what else I would put up for consideration. Daytripper..?

>Moby Dick
lol
>TVU&N
it's a good rock album, one of the best actually but it ain't no TMR
>Breathless
LOL
>comics?
probably the one I'm working on

I hope I never meet someone who genuinely thinks VU&N is the greatest album of all time