Why is everyone ignoring the GOAT company

>only two bad series in 5 years
>much more coherent universe than marvel or dc
>all their stories except for one contributed to the universe, with no status quo
>canon comics set in the future that are actually built up to in the present day stories
>some of the best artists in the industry
>creative freedom allows for fantastic stories from writers like Venditti or Lemire that are too constrained by Big 2
>every story has a proper ending and 'relaunched' comics have new creative teams, a new title and organically continue from the previous story

why arent you reading any valiant titles??

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/bjqECN8B
theouthousers.com/index.php/news/135713-valiant-suspiciously-dominates-2016-harvey-award-nominations.html
valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48263
valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48382
valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47989
valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48141
valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47705
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because muh SJW ballot stuffing xD
Rai best boy.

>Because muh SJW ballot stuffing xD
Eh?

Valiant is honestly not that great.

>every story has a proper ending
I sure am glad Valiant let Dysart finish his Peter/Harada/Priot story instead of cancelling his book and taking him off a relaunch.

REEEEEEEEEEEEE FAT REEEEEEEEE

I've been reading all the old stuff first before getting to the new stuff.

Also people are too triggered by the fat one

>Also people are too triggered by the fat one
They only got triggered because SJWs pushed that fat cunt so hard. She was a main character at the very beginning of the reboot and no one cared.

but they literally did let him finish it, and he's doing a story about Psiots in the far future soon called Psi-Lords

They didn't let him finish it. He was supposed to do the Peter book before being taken off. He's said he understands Valiant position but it had soured their relationship about it. He talked about it in an ama on Reddit.

What are some good valiant books worth reading?

I mean it's not entirely their fault that he decided he wanted to tell a story that is 3 ongoings long, they let him finish his ongoing and BoD:FoH is a perfect ending to everything he did.

Read the 4 issue miniseries called "The Valiant" (art by Paolo Rivera!) and then pick up the two series that follow on from it called Bloodshot Reborn and Wrath of The Eternal Warrior. 3 of their best stories.

Harbinger is also GOAT as fuck, the reading order is:
ACT ONE
-Harbinger #1-10
-Harbinger #0
(Optional: Bloodshot #1-9)
-Harbinger Wars #1-4 read alongside Harbinger #11-14 (can also read Bloodshot #10-13 if you want)
-Harbinger #15-21
-Harbinger: Bleeding Monk #0
-Harbinger #22-25

INTERLUDES
-Unity #1-4
-Harbinger: Omegas
-Harbinger: Faith #0
-Divinity #1-4
-Armor Hunters: Harbinger #1-4

ACT TWO
-Imperium #1-16

ACT THREE
-Book of Death: The Fall of Harbinger

>Harbinger: Omegas
this should say Harbinger: Omegas #1-3

Do we have an autist on here who as gone and made a reading order for all of Valiant's reboot?

Thanks!

Not that user but check out Divinity.

Because it sucks and is boring mr valiant marketer

pastebin.com/bjqECN8B
this only goes up to last year but it is the best one

the ones marked with a * are generally considered to be not worth your time btw

oh and unity #1-4 should read unity #1-5, sorry

It's not. And the ending to Imperium is hardly a proper finish. But no keep sucking that Valiant cock.

>>much more coherent universe than marvel or dc
It's the difference between trying and employing multiple people who're working hard to keep everything incoherent.

yeah imperium is the exception to the proper endings, but FoH is one of the best things they have ever published and it DOES end the harada / pete story in an excellent way

Not the user you were asking, but the issue is that Valiant fans and employees have been accused of hijacking the Harvey Awards nomination process. Heck, they got Jen Van Meter on the official ballot for "Best New Talent" last year for her work on Valiant's Dr. Mirage (which is ridiculous, because Van Meter has been working in comics for over 15 years and was even nominated for an Eisner Award in 2002!). An embarrassed Van Meter publicly stated that she had no involvement in her nomination and that she couldn't understand how she got on the ballot in the first place.

Valiant fans and employees were also outed as rigging the "Best of Comics 2015" polls on reddit (based on IP and location info, as well as evidence from threads on the official Valiant forums), leading the organizer to cancel two awards. They were also accused of trying to manipulate Comic Beat's "Industry Person of the Year" Award last year as well as Amazon reviews lists.

Source:
theouthousers.com/index.php/news/135713-valiant-suspiciously-dominates-2016-harvey-award-nominations.html

Personally, it doesn't bother me as much as it does a lot of other folks because I don't give a rat's ass about comics awards, but such organized shilling behavior by fans and the company's hard-sell guerrilla approach to marketing and publicity does make me a little skeptical of the supposed fan and critical acclaim the books are getting. Hell, I suspect that many of the Valiant threads here on Cred Forums are started and maintained by Valiant marketing employees/interns.

>Valiant gets all the Harveys
And this is bad because...

Yeah the valiant push on Cred Forums annoyed me before but I shrugged it off. After that shit at the Harvey's tho.....

its an unofficial valiant forum called valiantfans, they are all autistic as fuck. a lot of them own comic book shops so they can vote in the harveys

>all these buttblasted bigtwofags

Give me one dedicated board that isn't autistic as fuck.

Does Valiant have cosmic stuff? Cause if they don't it literally doesn't matter how good their standard cape stuff is. I'm not trying to follow a third fucking universe.

X-O Manowar and Divinity?

X-O Manowar and Armor Hunters.

Damn Manowar is Valiant? I had an issue or two way back in the 90s. Pretty sure I only got them because of that shitty Iron Man crossover video game.

Thanks anons, will look into.

and in the end they didn't win a single harvey award

they dont really have any standard cape stuff, Quantum and Woody are their only standard cape heroes and that is a comedy series

Hah, yeah. There was game, yes. He's like barbarian in space who finds uber space alien armor. Most of the time he's in space.
Gets back on Earth only to rule his people, bang his queen and deal with threats Unity can't.

>organized shilling behavior by fans and the company's hard-sell guerrilla approach to marketing and publicity
Now where did I see this before?

the new one is by robert venditti and its a lot better than anything he has dont for dc 2bh, it ends this month though

it's also shit

>why arent you reading any valiant titles??
I don't know, actually. DC has got be re-hooked by unfucking the universe, that's my latest excuse. Valiant hasbeen on jy reading list for a while now.

The thing is, despite getting all those Harvey nominations this year, Valiant ended up being practically shut out of the actual awards. Maybe it was backlash from the awards panel, maybe the books weren't actually all that good. Who knows, at this point. That's the problem when you try to rig these things: The actual awards lose critical legitimacy because you can no longer trust the integrity of the nomination process.

But like I said, I don't really care all that much because I don't take comics awards seriously. It does tend to cast a shadow on the public acclaim Valiant is getting, though. Sure, all publishers engage in bullshit brand marketing excess (with and without the participation of genuine fans), but Valiant seems to be going particularly hard with the tactic. The result being that whenever I read anything positive about a Valiant book (whether it's here on Cred Forums or on a blog or on a comics or pop culture "news" site), I reflexively assume that it's just more ham-fisted marketing shenanigans.

its good you priestfag, literally 99% of the people who dont like it only hate it because its not as good as priest. the art is way better in the new run anyway, some fantastic artists like KANO and Lieber

>The actual awards lose critical legitimacy
Feh, that already happened decades ago.
>whenever I read anything positive about a Valiant book (whether it's here on Cred Forums or on a blog or on a comics or pop culture "news" site), I reflexively assume that it's just more ham-fisted marketing shenanigans.
That's stupid and gay, you know.

I liked Faith a lot in the original Harbinger, but I honestly can't stand the nu-valiant version. It's like she's the embodiment of everything that's wrong with the "muh geek culture" fad

Does valiant have supernatural stuff? That's the big one for me.

the viral marketting stuff is one guy called bruce, not sure if hes an autistic fanboy or a really scummy paid marketer who cant be fucked to do his job properly, he basically stopped after outhousers btfoed him:
valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48263
valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48382
valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47989
valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48141
valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47705

The stories just aren't good.

Shadowman, Punk Mambo issues of Ninjak, Doctor Mirage.
Most people didn't like Shadowman and Doctor Mirage but I saw no problem with them.

Bruce is basically a fat autist who owns a comic book shop with a load of VEI titles, he tries to viral market Valiant so that he can sell his shitty #1 variants for big money.

>it's only OK if the Big Two do it
O U

A whole lot of new Valiant's output is entirely mediocre, which is certainly better than utter crap, but they put very few books out so it's easier to micromanage everything. Outside of the novelty factor, they are nothing groundbreaking, just okay.

And for my taste they do far too many relaunches to cover the fact that their books don't sell particularly well.

Doctor Mirage is the essential supernatural valiant. The Wrath of The Eternal Warrior series is also fairly supernatural

>#1s are investment people still exist

Also, OP, which two bad series in the last 5 years are you talking about?

meant for also don't read Shadowman, the only good thing in Shadowman is a one shot called Punk Mambo

Shadowman in general and the Eternal Warrior: Days of Steel miniseries, that said the first Eternal Warrior ongoing can have an honorary mention.

>That's stupid and gay, you know.

Maybe it is. To be fair, though, I'm similarly leery with any publisher-specific threads. I've been on here on Cred Forums long enough that I think I can get a feel for when a thread has been infiltrated (or even started) by some guy in marketing. And yeah, I work as a copywriter on the side, so I know companies actually do stuff like this. Shit, I've taken jobs where the assignment is to pose as a member on a dating website and engage actual members in chat messages so that they keep paying for their subscription.

Stay woke, kids.

>pose as a member on a dating website and engage actual members in chat messages so that they keep paying for their subscription.
And you consider yourself morally superior to other shills?

Kay Valiant got shoved up a few notches on my reading list because of this page.

Better than mediocre, but yeah, I agree that none of the runs are groundbreaking. Some single issues are amazing, but they're kinda few and far between.

Bloodshot is one of the best Valiant books along with Rai.

No, morals have nothing to do with it (nice strawman, by the way).

I just recognize that a lot of the acclaim out there—whether you're talking about Valiant or Marvel or DC or what-have-you—in the social media space is stealth/viral/guerrilla marketing (a lot of it poorly executed and transparent at that).

i think Divinity and Ivar are pretty amazing overall stories, Archer & Armstrong too.

>shilling for money is bad unless I do it

Butthurt are you? Don't worry, they were actually rejecting you because you're special.

>Butthurt
Oh yeah, I wish I was making money online like you.

Define "shill" for me, user.
I want to see if you actually know what it means because you're throwing it around like a kid that learned a new swear.

Im not the guy you're calling a shill, i wish i was too.

>Define "shill" for me
How about... posing as a member on a dating website and engaging actual members in chat messages so that they keep paying for their subscription?

>backpedaling

That's not a definition and not not backpedaling. You are just using random buzzwords. I'm unemployed as fuck. I have a panhandling sign in my backpack that I'm about to go out to use because disability deposit is late.

>I cannot even hold a job as a shill
American kids today.

I'm Canadian. You suck ass at assumptions.

>I have to say I'm Canadian, not American
Thanks Drumpf.

>does not realize he's been replying to a different guy over the past several replies.

Check out the new kid.

>much more coherent universe than marvel or dc
>all their stories except for one contributed to the universe, with no status quo
>canon comics set in the future that are actually built up to in the present day stories
If you give a shit about these while reading Marvel and/or DC, you´re a newfag.
Not that what you said is bad about Valiant though. If true, at least, I only read the first 30 or so issues of XOM, I should catch up.

I loved how they got BTFO at the...Harvey Awards was it?

I know, right? Even after i told him I'm not the guy. Next he'll hand us a (you) thinking he's being cute.

>Harvey Awards voters are aware of that fucking shilling

Pumped for the cosplay cat variants

This should help him.

Don't say I never taught you anything Valiant user!

Nice nervous breakdown, bro.

Looking forward to Savage.

Yeah, only professional shills like should do that job.

I tried out most of their stuff for q few issues(Pak Eternal Warrior, Days of Steel, X-O, The Valiant, Ninjak, Rai, Punk Mambo one shot, Death Defying Dr. Mirage). All boring, uninteresting and/or mediocre except for the last two, I liked those, I'd even buy that Deluxe Dr. Mirage trade if it weren't 30 bucks for so few pages.

is that the FVL one? who is on art?

you've literally kipped the two GOAT valiant comics, Harbinger and Archer & Armstrong

I really liked Quantum and Woody and A&A up through the Delinquents crossover. The new A&A book isn't as good. I thought the Valiant had potential but then they killed off the new geomancer just to set up some kid.

Divinity is pretty overrated imo. The biggest problem with it is that it feels like things happen because it's dictated to happen, rather than as a natural consequence.

user...

Are you kidding me? I never picked up Bloodshot Reborn.

that was a mistake its excellent

I'll have to pick up some trades then. I wanted to get the A&A deluxe editions but Vol 1 is now going for 100 bucks.

Honestly, I've read probably 80 issues of Valiant over Harbinger, Rai, Quantun and Woody, etc.

I have a few complaints:
- The series seem like glorified action figure comics.
- None of the characters have STANDOUT designs except for Rai
- The art is very house style except for Rai, idk what you're talking about with this best artists in the industry bullshit

>GOAT valiant comics
>Harbinger

Are you kidding me? Peter was such an asshat and he and his posse of tryhard edgy kids made for completely insufferable main protagonists.

>The art is very house style
Back to Image with you.
>The series seem like glorified action figure comics.
Capes, user.

I'm not interested in comedy but Dysart is cool. Premise and art for Harbinger look boring though. Oh and I also tried out but didn't like Bloodshot, Lemire and the previous run.

really? i might have to sell mine haha.
the single arc trades are probably affordable

After reading Priest's run the new Q&W just reads more like lol random the comic.

>The art is very house style except for Rai, idk what you're talking about with this best artists in the industry bullshit
this was true a couple of years back but its just blatantly not true anymore. will follow this up with more examples.

This thread is a great example of why so many people don't like Valiant.

It's the perfect demonstration of what makes Valiant fanatics (or in your case, Valiant employees) so insufferable.

>faith
>edgy

>peter
>supposed to be likeable
read imperium bruh, harada is much more of a hero than pete and that is intentional

>the romance shill still hunting for Valiant shills
Good dog.

Lewds when?

Yeah the regular trades are still only like 15 bucks.

Well thank you for taking the time, I'm that user. Yeah I've read through this thread and will check out The Valiant since Rivera and a few others.

I really just can't stand house art, and you're riight what I was reading was from a few years ago since I was doing a full read through of Valiant-verse. I'm going to skip around more now and just read what looks good.

This does look pretty cool. Other two examples aren't anything great and the first one is house.

>harada is much more of a hero than pete and that is intentional

It clearly only became intentional near the end when they realized literally nobody liked Peter

Being Purple Man didn't make me like him.

It made the best version of Turok IMO.

>they cannot reprint it because rights

He raped a chick in the first arc so I hardly think Dysart expected us to like him

>the first one is house.
he literally pioneered a new technique, it is not house. nobody else is doing art in marker pens.

no, peter was never meant to be likeable. Faith was always intended to be the person you root for, and the series is also about you gradually realizing harada is in fact a significantly better person than pete