New God's by Mike Mignolia

Let's have some fun and look at concept work for a Fourth World animated film designed by Mike Mignolia that unfortunately never got made.

WHY, WHY GOD WHY CANT WE HAVE NICE THINGS FOR FUCK SAKES WHY

Well, if there's anyone that has to redesign the New Gods, I suppose Mignola is a good choice.

Horrible redesign

I'm kind of digging the idea of an Apokoliptian Prince Scott Free who probably played along with Darkseid in order to survive while secretly planning to escape or take him down.

I really like the robe/cloth aesthetic ideas for New Genesis.

I like the long, wavy sun-like hair idea for Lightray. Though it's probably be too much like Firestorm visually.

Some of them like Prince Scott Free look pretty nice but the robes, head dresses and badges seem almost too tied to egyptian and greek culture for my liking

Titseid.

That's one... weird helmet.

This Metron is a little too "Mignolia" for my tastes.

And, fin. Hope you enjoyed!

not digging darkseid at all

>bad face

kek

Maybe someday DC will have the stones to do a film about this kind of stuff.

Why the fuck am I just now hearing this? And why the fuck wasn't this made?

Holy God I never knew this existed. Thank you OP.

>Maybe someday DC will have the stones to do a film about this kind of stuff.
If it'll sell, it'll get made. Unfortunately, "Mike Mignolia New Gods" is a hard sell for general audiences who aren't as familiar with comic creators and material.

It's weird how Mignola's artwork is so amateurish looking, but it's still so fucking great at the same time.

I love Mignola's art work. Having said that, I'm glad this was never made.

>amateurish looking
could you elaborate? Not to be a contrarian but it looks studied as fuck to me. Always has.

Art transcends doing just the fine detailing and more realistic designs. Mignolia's really stylized, but you can tell he's a master by his design and composition. Hell, is really simple, but it's amazing.

>we'll continue to get mediocre rehashes of New 52 Batfamily books smashed together into poorly animated films instead of this
DC's animation division was a mistake

You're a mistake.