"The Flash" movie will actually be a Flash and Cyborg buddy detective film

>"The Flash" movie will actually be a Flash and Cyborg buddy detective film

That's racist. Why isnt it called "World's Finest" or something

How in the fuck is it racist your fucking cum muncher ?

No one cares about Cyborg, outside of Teen Titans.

Because they aren't fine.

You could probably count on one hand the amount of buddy cop movies without a black partner/sidekick.
I think he meant that it's cliche as fuck.

>Flash/Cyborg movie
>not a Flash/GL movie
I'm offended

Why are they trying to make Flash and Cyborg best friends when they have never been that?

What if Lethal Weapon was called "The Mullet" instead

What if Rush Hour was called "Kung Fu Detective"

because they have to make their main black guy appealing somehow

I think it's more Wally they're attributing to Barry because Barry has very little to him.

Leave it to a racist to not see why something is racist

Holy Cred Forumsmblr Batman !

>Why isnt it called "World's Finest" or something

why the fuck is Cyborg in the league ot begin with, he should be in a teen titans movie which I doubt wouldn't make mad cash considering how popular it is thanks to the cartoons.

please just put Manhunter or Green Lantern in the team. I think we're already past the reynolds fiasco and why can't we have Jonz?

not a comic DCfag but a cartoon DCfag, like everyone here.

>"Kung Fu Detective"
I want to see this movie.

>Dammit, Lee! You can't just karate chop the D.A. for letting Mendonza walk!

I wish that you had used a Cred Forums appropriate reaction image, but I agree. Just have Idris Elba, Wesley Snipes, or Denzel Washington play Green Lantern (or hell, maybe Donald Glover). Let Ryan Reynolds continue not sucking as Deadpool.

>Years after Flashpoint and New52
>People still asking why Cyborg is on the Justice League

What short memory.

If this turns out to be true, I will be legit mad about this. I want a see a Flash movie with all the bells and whistles, not a vehicle to make Cyborg fucking relevant. Just give him a solo with the Metal Men or Red Tornado for fuck sake.

more like, what weak presence.

Yeah Diversitello hasnt exactly justified his presence on the team. He basically their bus/smartphone right now.

We didn't forget anything.
We're hoping for a retcon that gets him out of the JLA and back on the titans.

Bring back Steel. Black Iron Man was better than Cyborg. He also was an actual scientist, an inteligent guy with PHDs, where Cyborgs only claim to being the science guy/engineer/hacker on the team is that he might have the right programs downloaded. He could be replaced with Batman bringing a Bat IPhone.

If DC really wants to pretend Death of Superman never happened in this universe, take Mister Incredible from the JSA and bring him into the League. JSA sucks nowadays anyway so why not.

what you said has literally nothing to do with anything

>why the fuck is Cyborg in the league ot begin with

Cause he's the most useful tech guy in the DC universe.

There's like hundreds of those mate. Just watch the Police Story series at least if you want Jackie

Starsky and hutch, Tango and Cash, Hot Fuzz, The Heat, 21 Jump Street, The Rock, The Other Guys, and that's just counting successful ones. Then we've got ones like Dredd, Hollywood Homicide, Pink Panther, and so on.

Then we get to the mountain of fucking Dog/Detective movies.

There is no cop cliche, everything has been done and done repeatedly. The entire genre is a cliche.

More like they wanted a token black guy and Cyborg was popular on Teen Titans

Or that he's the most useful tech guy in the DC universe.

Mr. Terrific would have been better both as a tech guy and the token black.

>Barry meets fine ass nigress Iris West and gets thirsty for some chocolate.
>Vic tries to help out Barry out with his game and they talk about black chicks.
>It goes horribly, but she falls in love with Barry when he acts like himself.
>The three bond over chicken and waffles late in the movie.
>Crimefighting and detective work against Cold and Glider in between.
I'm cool with this.

>Or that he's the most useful tech guy in the DC universe.
Are you retarded? Both Mister Terrific and Steel are better. And there is probably a couple more I'm forgetting right now.

No he wouldn't. He's a bootleg batgirl.

What's racist is continuing to give Cyborg yet another token black appearance when nobody gives a shit about him and his biggest appeal is that he was in that Teen Titans cartoon where he was a completely different design and person from every other appearance he's ever been in.

Well hes somehow still better than Miles, so thats....something I guess

>Are you retarded?

Are you? That wasn't a rhetorical question.

Just make Green Lantern black again. Casuals won't care and that worked fine last time.

Because the movie's success will be gone in a flash

John Stewart doesn't exist in the movieverse because is all Hal Jordan. That's why it's Cyborg, they're gonna make him the straight man to Wally's bullshit instead.

I think it's more because after both Teen Titans series people who don't read the comics don't understand why they're seeing Cyborg in all of these Justice League animated specials. It's like when people's first exposure to Starfire is from the cartoon series and then they start seeing shit like this. They don't understand that, when it comes to capeshit, the same character can have concurrent representations going at the same time across all media.

It's Barry and Hal, even though he's acting more like DCAU Wally doesn't make him wally

Cyborg is just not a main character man.

Man, I forgot how much I hated New52 Roy Harper. He was great during the Outsiders and Titans. But then again, Red Hood & the Outlaws wasn't that great anyway.

Because they realized a Cyborg solo movie wasn't going to work so they had to compensate for him being in the League somehow

Also Thor 3 is doing it

No need to thank me, i know how much kids love Cyborg

batman is a genius industrialist billionaire
both superman and flash are genius experts in every field due to their superspeed, they can read a book and absorb the information in milliseconds, superman learnt to be a master surgeon in two minutes, flash a master achitect in less than ten seconds
wonder woman comes from a super high tech hidden society with science based purple energy healing rays

the only person on the team who isnt a tech guy is aquaman, and he controls the largest nation on the planet (which no doubt includes hundreds of "tech guys")

and wasnt cyborg turned into a cyborg by his father? and so is no more of a tech guy than mettalo?

really he is just there because the group (executives, producers, writers, snyder) that control and create the dc cinimatic universe absolute idiotic corporate tools, think there has to be a black guy to "appease the demographics", and see cyborg is the only black guy dc has with real media presence with the younger generations due to teen titans and teen titans go

if they were smart they would have pushed mr terrific and tried harder to get the rights to static, as both are perfect for the current enviroment (its supersmart anticorporate hacker with drones and electric black youth spiderman created by police brutality for fucks sake, the media shitstorm alone would have paid dividends with free advertising), or gone with an updated black lightning since he was actually the first dc black superhero

OR MAKE STEEL SINCE THE PLOT OF BVS WAS THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN

or make a black superboy created by lex luthor+cadmus! again, imagine the magnificent shitstorm of free advertising! or do both!

fuck!

I think you mean Mister Terrific.

its much less racist than just blackifying white characters.
The best course of action would be to make new heroes entirely from every part of the world instead of just the west. Makes more sense that way for an international justice organization anyways.

justice league and justice society are american heroes only but they protect the world

your thinking of "justice league international" which is a completely seperate organization, run by a psychotic psychic businessman bent on world domination

Thor doing something is not a ringing endorsement.

The worst thing they could do when trying to define Cyborg's characterization is to make him the straight man foil for the cut-up character. It'd pidgeonhole the character into a bland limbo for decades, a bad bad idea.

So it sounds like something WB/DC will indeed do.

What is going on with Maxwell Lords, Booster and Ted Kord these days anyway? I've completely lost track.

>Why isnt it called "World's Finest" or something
Because it should be called The Brave and The Bold

For real for real

Why the fuck ISNT there a Teen Titans movie on the slate? Like does some retarded executive think "Oh theyll think this is a universe for kids if we have that on there!"

FIre that retard and put it on the list.

LMAO, that chick is barely black. One more generation of whitey and her child could cash in on white passing privilege.

At this point I have more faith in the CW to do something positive with the Teen Titans than the DCEU.

Not to mention the only reason why Hulk is shackled to Thor is because Universal partial owns the rights and thus cant get a solo. Point is DC is terrified to try a Cyborg movie, and I dont blame them, it would turn into another Robocop 2014

Cyborg and the MM was one of the oddest but yet simplest places where he felt like he fit.

Only other time has been lets hit those showers borg.

>they wanted a black guy
>martian manhunter is too redundant and powerful (sent to literally super OP justice league)
>cyborg has been a jl candidate for a while

>that part in which Jackie goes nuclear on everyone that wronged him through the movie

>Johnsfags still try to hide the true

Johns put Cyborg on the League to shield Hal Jordan.

That's it. A fanboy in a position of power pitched a character he only liked from a cartoon show in the 80's to protect Hal "good boy dindu" Jordan.

why doesn't flash just stop every crime as it's happening? can't cyborg hack every computer on the planet and see everyone?

Jackie Chan was the best part though.

Hal i s the best lantern tho
Fuck Johnfags

describe a single personality trait of John

No one is defending John.

t. casual

>Just make Green Lantern black again

Me and my waifu Geoff Johns won't let this happen.

>He could be replaced with Batman bringing a Bat IPhone.

Too late.

>the tumblr invadion isn't real
>it's just a boogyman

dead, amazing time travel stuff, well worth a read, dead

>its supersmart anticorporate hacker with drones and electric black youth spiderman created by police brutality for fucks sake, the media shitstorm alone would have paid dividends with free advertising
I can hear your hands rubbing from here, user.

Seriously though, that was all spot on and I didn't fully realize how many balls DC dropped until I read it... Steel, Static and Mr. Terrific were practically giftwrapped for WB.

But if the Flash teams up with Cyborg how are they going to do a Rogues movie? Didn't they say all his bad guys are teaming up for that?

>Flash and cyborg
This makes no sense. They have never been together before. Why not Flash and GL? Why not Flash and Wally?

>Lets give the flash the attention he finally deserves considering he is one of the most popular super heroes of all time but never had a movie before
>Nah actualy let's just make it a co-op movie with a random hero so we don't have to actually focus on flash.

Why did it take this long for someone to post the facts?

Who's say flash won't be the main focus

The fact that you attach his racial profile with the unrecognized role missing in the title shows you focus too much on race. Race isn't what people should go to when talking about shit right off the bat. It's just a shit title.
Faggot.

Thank God for Johns saving us from the blandness that is John Stewart.

>Mister Terrific and Steel
I just realized: why are there so many black tech guys in DC?

>cyborg isnt bland

It's the price to pay to keep Hal on the Justice League desu.

Who knows? Maybe they might make him more compelling in the movies anyway, it's not impossible after all.

I take Martian Manhunter over Hal ever day.

>aybe they might make him more compelling in the movies anyway, it's not impossible after all.

Sure, and you Johnsfags said the same during all of n52 and we got nothing.

kill both with fire
Kyle/Guy team-up

I would take MM over literally every other JL related hero ever.

Well, he was the heart and sould of the league for 50 years

Did you forget Cry For Justice and the Villians Titans

...menDOOZZZAAAAAAA!!!!... wan no trabu

Both Steel and Mister would get LOL copying War Machine Marvel wins again responses.(also both can be replaced with Batman)

Static Shock and Black Lightning have stupid rights disputes and WB/DC probably doesn't want 100 think pieces about ripping off black creators.

Cyborg for all the bitching you people have fits a lot of holes.

Black
Tech Guy
New Gods ties
Young enough to be audience viewpoint
DC completely owns him

How about making him the core memember of a team?
Maybe it could be a team of teenagers even, with abilities so powerful that border on the mythological.

That'd be neat.

Cyborg is more than an War Machine type of character than Mister Terrific. He's nigga in a armor.

That isn't Starfire, man,

I'm not even talking about the sex, but her saying that sex had nothing with love. Starfire takes a shit with love. She loves everything. She passion incarnate.

She's not some stoic icy character.

>said no one ever.

I never said that personally and everyone was terrible in Johns' Justice League anyway.

Seriously, J'onn being there would not have saved that book from being garbage.

Nice meme.

Geoff Johns is such a fucking retard.

One of the fun things about Cyborg was that his tech was "normal" tech, that his father came up with, and that eventually the tech that saved his life would become outdated, and one of the biggest worries was how much he'd have to forsaken of his humanity to remain functional as the upgrades piled up. Like having to give up parts of his body to attach new things.

By making him be made of magical New God tech you basically ruin that part of the character. Now there's no worries about being outdated, because he'll never run the risk of being outdated. He's the most advanced shit in the universe and is able to do anything.

Also, he has no connection with the rest of the Leagues. This attempt to making him besties with either Barry or Hal is stupid.

wb's too afraid of gl after 2011 movie that no1 saw

everyone always says this but why the fuck would you use anyone but hal if you already had barry on the team?? the two have been best friends since the 60s.

if they used wally in the movie verse it would make more sense to use john for 2000s jla roster but they didn't. they used barry. barry never interacts with john like..... at all. he's dead the entire time john is in the league.

they either do barry & hal or wally & john and they already decided on barry. john & barry would make literally zero sense and be even more boring than barry & cyborg.

>one of the biggest worries was how much he'd have to forsaken of his humanity to remain functional as the upgrades piled up.

Except that's a played out concept and honestly completely retarded.

Here's the thing, though...

There's no Hal.
Oh, no, there will be Hal eventually, much later, though, but Hal will come together with John.

So why have a JL where Barry interests with fucking Cyborg?

If they used Wally they should use Kyle. GTFO with this cartoon bullshit.

No, it isn't. It' gives a very good drama.

It's better than the constant "OH, NOES, ALIENS FROM SPACE WANT TO ROB THE SUPER-MAGICAL TECH THAT IS MY BODY!" that they've been doing non-stop with the character.

Johns never wanted Cyborg he didnt even tried to make him good, he didnt care about the new gods, and cyborg was just both a bus driver and an iphone. There's nothing he can do for the league that the teletransportation and the batcomputer couldnt do before.
The thing is, instead of fighting for the JL johns fought for his husbando.

>That isn't Starfire, man,
>She's not some stoic icy character.
See this is exactly what I said before, people can't handle that their favorite character is having a different interpretation because of that first exposure.

Black guy here.
I don't see the problem.

The problem is that it's pretty much a 180°.

It's like a Batman that kills and have living parents.

i dont think there's anyone in the world who could muster up enough energy to fight for johns in the JL movie

well they already fucked it up by not having hal in the league from the get-go.

there were a few options that wb had that they didn't take
> barry & hal
> wally & john
> wally & kyle

but they did none of these, so

my points still stands. saying that geoff "fought for his husbando" is completely retarded when a) there's no hal in the fucking jl movie & b) hal and john are coming in at the same time

>my points still stands. saying that geoff "fought for his husbando" is completely retarded

For "The New 52" reboot he did, though.

see hal isn't in the movie. so what exactly was geoff "shielding" again? hal & john coming into the dceu at the exact same time in the exact same movie?

stop trying to act like geoff is pushing hal jordan on wb. he's literally doing fucking nothing. we've had zero green lantern news since march, and that was just a quote saying "fuck off, gl isn't in bvs, jl, and maybe even jl2". he's not in the jl movie. geoff is just sucking affleck's dick and hoping to get some of that sweet Batman Money

>implying DC swapping out Hal for anyone else was as likely as DC doing the same for say Barry.

There was nothing to fight for as Hal's position was solidified in the comics years ago with Green Lantern: Rebirth.

you mean the new 52 reboot of justice league where hal was in the first 12 issues before they took him off for basically the rest of the series? where they gave green lantern to venditti who single-handedly destroyed every aspect of geoff's gl universe in the first 5 issues?

geoff literally wrote volume 4 and then fucked off. he's not "fighting" for anything. hal's off on the other side of the universe for the foreseeable future and off the main jl title. none of the green lanterns have been even hinted at in any of the dceu. geoff is doing nothing he is literally worthless.

>Buddy detective movies are racist.

Since when?

But Red Hood and the Outlaws was just plain shit

Yes, the JL comic written by Geoff Johns where he included Cyborg as a founding member and made Hal and Ollie into complete strangers. That reboot, yes.

He knew that a highly advertised reboot where JL would be the first comic to be launched couldn't be made with an complete all-white cast or else people would call the JL comic and the reboot itself as being against diversity. Someone would need to be replaced with a black character to avoid controversy.

Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman couldn't be changed.
The Flash and Green Lantern as well, although you can change with Flash and Green Lantern it is underneath the costume.
That leaves Aquaman and Martian Manhunter, because they aren't as popular.

Instead of choosing Hal to be the one replaced, in place of John Stewart, like in the comics, he decided to sacrifice the Martian Manhunter and put Cyborg in his place.

The reason? Obvious, he loved Hal.

Desh, go away. Go back to CBR. Oh wait, you can't xd

hal was already brought back as the main GL in 2005, 6 years before nu52. he didn't "replace" anyone in nu52 JL. not sure i see your point.

and hal isn't in the justice league movie, so it's obvious that geoff didn't do fucking anything. he wasn't even brought into the dceu as "head of dc films" until after justice league was already written.

he's literally doing nothing.

>hal was already brought back as the main GL in 2005, 6 years before nu52. he didn't "replace" anyone in nu52 JL. not sure i see your point.

That doesn't matter. Reboot, remember? The New 52 reboot was big at the time. It had TV commercials and everything. The JUSTICE LEAGUE comic was going to show the origin of the new incarnation of the team. It was a new start. It was also going to be the first comic to be launched and the glimpse of whatever else was going to come in the future. The appetizer.

To have a new such a waited comic and an JL team with an-all white cast would not go well. Someone from the big 7 had to be replaced.

except when nu52 jl happened geoff's run was still on-going. to put john on the roster when hal's run was 23 issues from ending would have been completely retarded.

also the green lantern movie was coming out in 2011 (when flashpoint occurred) so why the fuck would they put john on the jl title?? use your brain my guy. it wasn't because geoff loved hal. it was because they wanted to sell more issues and capitalize off their movie "success" (lol)

>except when nu52 jl happened geoff's run was still on-going. to put john on the roster when hal's run was 23 issues from ending would have been completely retarded.

That had nothing to do with it.

The fact that Johns continued with the run despite everything in it was getting retconned away by other comics was retarded.

But the JL took place in the past and that had not relation to his present GL continuing run. The reason he sacrificed the Martian Manhunter because the thought of Hal not being a founding member of the JL displeased him. That's all.

why would geoff stop his green lantern run when it was pulling in tremendous amounts of money for dc, the gl movie was coming out in a few months (with hal jordan), and the storyline wasn't over for another 20 issues?

are you completely braindead? in what way does switching green lanterns in the middle of that make literally any sense?

The GL movie was already out when the reboot started.

If they were smart they'd let Johns finish his GL run, as well Grant his Batman run, before the reboot.

Instead we had two clusterfucks that ended up being less than they could be otherwise.

More like, since he insisted on HAL as Green lantern we had to wait 2 extra years for GL, to let people forget the last movie (he was involved too) about hal., With John it was easy to make the people feel like it was a whole other deal.

Cyborg was pitched BY Johns, by his own admision.

I like you.

???

the fact that they want hal, canon best friends with barry (who is already in the movie bc of cw popularity), to be in the justice league shouldn't be surprising to literally anyone

it's the first live-action adaptation of the justice league. hal's been in the league since the 60s & the most popular green lantern by a wide margin. seems like a no-brainer to me.

also, let's not pretend that the reason the gl movie failed was because it was based around hal.

also, they still haven't said which green lantern they're using for the movies. so your point is completely irrelevant.

wb has said literally nothing about which lantern they're going to use. that dc special back in.. march?? i think had both hal & john. every time the glc is mentioned it's hal & john.

Fuck Jon Stewart's dull space marine ass.

Hal and Guy are the only two "modern" that aren't Green Lanterns that aren't shit, and that's because they have character.

Jon is dull as dogshit and his stories in the cartoon are Hal Jordan stories in blackface.

And Kyle Rayner is so fucking terrible he almost killed off Green Lantern comics not too mention almost single handedly giving rise to Gail Simone, KSD and that type on bullshit.

The point the other user tried to make is that the GL movie that bombed was written by Geoff Johns and also used Hal Jordan, because Johns championed hard for it.
Johns was also the one that pitched for the inclusion of Cyborg in the movies in attempt to secure Hal's placement.

He just didn't counted with the fact that the GL movie would bomb so hard that would leave the WB execs wary about trying something with the franchise again.

John Stewart's the dull space marine was fucking boring in the comics because he was being written by Geoff Johns in GL. Johns didn't knew what to do with the character so he just tried to do a poor man's version of what happened in the cartoons.

Meanwhile Kyle and Guy were being awesome in the GLC comics which wasn't written by Johns.

>implying it isn't you who's the racist for seeing color in the first place
Go back to bongland you cucks.

>et's not pretend that the reason the gl movie failed was because it was based around hal.

No, but for minor characters (aka not batman or superman) with failed movies need "breathing" time. For the executives it was either black GL or no GL movie for several years. Johns choose the second option.

>Rance's face
This is amazing.

because there are very few tech niggers in real universe

>the GL movie that bombed was written by Geoff Johns

Johns didn't write the GL script.

He was one of the writers.

but they wouldn't be representative of other random blacks in the DC universe either

Greg Berlanti, Michael Green ,Marc Guggenheim, and Michael Goldenberg wrote the GL script.

Stop it, youre fucking embarrassing

what does this has to do with racism when early Flash animated movies done the same shit?