Who's your favorite of the British Invasion trio?

Who's your favorite of the British Invasion trio?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O2yEx7qJlE8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Isles
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>that pic

"Life has many multiverses, Alan boy."

Grant.
Not necessarily the best, by my favorite by a mile.

Wizard

Moore easily.

gaiman is bro-tier. i don't think i could stand being in a room with alan or grant.

Makes me think more of youtube.com/watch?v=O2yEx7qJlE8

Which I guess is similar

What Morrison's supposed to be a cool guy. He's clean now, but he was in a punk band and loved partying for a while.
Unless you're not into more social people I dunno.
Moore is clearly a cunt.

In terms of work:
Grant > Moore > Gaiman

Who I'd rather hang out with:
Gaiman > Grant > Moore

Morrison sounds like a cunt in written interviews and from his interests, but in every in person interview or interaction the guys sounds like a total sweetheart.

Niel Gaiman. I like his /lit/ along with his comics.

Moore has good works, but hasn't done much I've enjoyed in the last while.

Grant I find too "bigger picture" and multiversal.

>Moore is clearly a cunt.
Clearly never seen a a video of him.

Gaiman isn't /lit/, his stuff is below John Green/Rowling tier.

Well I like Morrison for his work outside of comics, but fuck me if I didn't binge on Gaiman's stuff like an addict.

I like it. I think he's fun.

Beatles

>trio
What, are Ellis, Ennis, Milligan, Delano aren't shit?

Bolland, Milligan, maybe Ellis

definitely Barry Windsor-Smith

why do you ask?

Ennis and early Milligan are.

Gaiman because sandman got me into reading comics

Is there a version of that Rolf image with Tusk Act 4 by the way?

He's a funny guy but I think he'd be a bit too opinionated and dry-humored to get along with easily.

Morrison.

Ennis is from Ireland.

>Alan Moore
>Neil Gaiman
>Grant Morrison
>Peter Milligan
>Jamie Delano
>Warren Ellis
>Garth Ennis
>Dave Gibbons
>Brian Bolland
>Brendan McCarthy
>Steve Dillon
>Philip Bond
>Dave McKean

>trio

Gaiman, he imitates people in his interviews.

And Morrison is Scottish. It's still the same movement you fucking idiot.

Morrison

Scotland is on the island of Britain. Ireland is a separate island across the Irish sea.

There's a little bit of geology knowledge for you.

Northern Ireland, actually.

I like Ennis the most.

Scotland is on the island of Great Britain, Ireland is one of the British Isles.

Ennis is from Northern Island and was a British citizen.

Definitely Alan Moore.

Which is, shockingly enough on the island or Ireland. Not the island of Britain.

If you're from Scotland, Wales, or England than you're British. If you're from Ireland or Northern Ireland than you're Irish.

It's like saying someone from Mexico is actually Spanish. They may very well be hispanic as they speak Spanish, but as they aren't from the Iberian peninsula then they aren't Spanish.

This isn't a hard concept to understand. Goddamn Anglocentric views of the fucking world.

Ireland isn't one of the British Isles.

Read some geography. They're described as the British Isles and Ireland. Places like the Isle of Wight are what they're talking about when they're talking about the other isles of Britain. Not fucking Ireland.

>this thread is triggering me

Ask fucking Garth Ennis if he views himself as British. I guaruntee you that Pogues loving mick does not.

Morrison. For me it's

1. Morrison
2. Milligan
3. Moore

Not that user, but:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Isles

The brittish invasion is just a marketing term, assclowns. Ennis fits that era.

Literally the only people who make this distinction are Irish nationalists. And who cares what nationalists think?

They're the British Isles. The country is named after the largest of them (Great Britain, as in The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland), not the other way around.

The reasons Ireland isn't called Little Britain are primarily that ever since the Roman era "little Britain" has been a pejorative term for small-minded, localist/nationalist sentiment, and secondarily that Ireland is not, in fact, the smallest of the British Isles (of which there are in fact hundreds).

>Ask fucking Garth Ennis if he views himself as British. I guaruntee you that Pogues loving mick does not.

I guarantee you that he does, because as a NI citizen he's governed by the Good Friday Agreement (for the moment, assuming Brexit is actually going to happen, which it probably isn't), which means both the Republic of Ireland and the UK view him as a citizen of their nations and guarantee him the rights arising thereof. So long as you identify as Northern Irish, or as Irish but were born in Northern Ireland (within the correct dates, as Ennis was) or lived there as a naturalized citizen, you are both Irish and British. That's the whole point of the peace agreement; it was adopted by a 71% majority referendum vote in Northern Ireland (the holdouts being largely protestant or "loyalist" communities) and over 94% in the Republic of Ireland.

You wouldn't be going around calling Garth a terrorist now, would you? Because the alternative is that you're calling him a prod. Also, Micks are Northern Ireland. You're thinking of Bogs.

Moore would be repulsed by that image. He hates Morrison.

I like Grant's stuff best, but my favorite UK writer today is Kieron Gillen. Nothing will ever take away that experience of reading Sandman or Miracleman for the first time, though.

Basically, these three guys made some of the best stuff in American-style comics ever. Moore and Morrison are on the comic book Mount Rushmore along with Frank Miller (yes, he belongs there) and Will Eisner.

>Moore is clearly a cunt.
You've clearly never met him.

>shitting on instructions

Hes grumpy sure maybe even a little pety but i would not call him a cunt.

peter milligan u wanker

But it makes him a British citizen you fucking twit

>geography

Gillen hasn't written anything good in a while. Well Uber's pretty good. But his big 2 output is fucking horrendous.
Also are you saying Gillen's stuff is better than Sandman/Miracleman?

>Gillen hasn't written anything good in a while.
>What is The Wicked + The Divine

A piece of shit.

Bryan Talbot, John Smith, Pat Mills, John Wagner, the list could go on...

neil, he is the least pretentious and the one who cares the most about telling stories rather than lecturing you on whatever pseudo magic post modern ideas he came up with

Sean Phillips, Paul Jenkins, really the list could go on...

Washed up hack

No.

Name his last good comic

A mediocre story being carried by great art and character design

He absolutely is. He fucking killed Hellblazer. It's partially the editors' fault for ending his run sooner, but he wrote such a boring and long run he killed a 30 year running title.

Isn't it was closed because of New 52?

See also: Shade: The Changing Man. So promising, but it went nowhere.

How come the British Invasion writers are so good? Each one has a least one great comic under their belt. Is it the water?

They read 2000ad instead of capeshit while childhood

Most of them wrote or drew for 2000AD. About the only one I can think who didn't is Warren Ellis, and he's still a huge fan anyway.

If you believe people like Karen Berger, its the fact that the weekly anthology format of 2000AD trains its creators to get to the point of a story as quickly as possible without waffling. It has to be good enough to stand up to competition from the other strips in the comic, and because of the limited space and time to write and draw it absolutely everything has to count.

Their editorial guidelines still tell people to practice their writing by re-writing a standard American comic to fit into 6 pages, incidentally.

Page, Plant, Bonham

>dissing Shade

One half of it is a great book.

>the one where he does an impersonation of Moore

I admit that Moore and Gaiman are objectively better writers, but Morrison is still my favorite.

>"Well, well, well—there goes Neil "Scaredy Pants" Gaiman!"

>without waffling

mate, Morrison...

Hellblazer ended 2 years after the new 52 started

>If you believe people like Karen Berger, its the fact that the weekly anthology format of 2000AD trains its creators to get to the point of a story as quickly as possible without waffling. It has to be good enough to stand up to competition from the other strips in the comic, and because of the limited space and time to write and draw it absolutely everything has to count.
THISSS. Needs to be taught to American writers. Single issue storytelling needs to come back in American comics

What do you mean by this? In what way does Morrison waffle?

> Single issue storytelling needs to come back in American comics
Ellis is best on these, but he didn't even work in 2000ad

>Single issue storytelling needs to come back in American comics
Yes.

Claremont

It would be a really hard choice. All three made works that I consider the closest to my hearth in all comicdom.

And don't you forget about me!

I like his Authority nore than Ellis one