Mark Waid on suicide watch

Mark Waid on suicide watch.

youtube.com/watch?v=DXAva_gO8Qk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IxA5ECu2u3A
youtube.com/watch?v=mA5d66AnT7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well, to be fair that's the best fucking scene and the most Superman-like in the whole movie.
And I say that as a huge MOS fan.

idk, to me destroying the world engine was the most superman moment. But I see what you mean.

How does he react when Supes snaps Zods neck?

youtube.com/watch?v=IxA5ECu2u3A

Tell that to Zodd snapped neck

Yea, I don't know how or if a baby understands killing really. But seeing the bad guy sliding down into a mist as apposed to having his neck broken and the hero screaming afterwards seem like two really different reactions to me.

>wahhh why couldn't it be a pretty D*sney death like Red Skull!!

thats pretty cute

The only version a baby would have seen of Superman II outside of theaters would have been the one where Superman hands the depowered Kryptonians over to the police anyway, so it's a moot point.

youtube.com/watch?v=mA5d66AnT7s

What?

I only ever saw the Lester cut as a kid.

>Red Skull
>"""""""""""dead"""""""""

did you watch the movie

Yeah, like highly compressed and concentrated will-power that Superman actually presents.

Didn't GotG establish that mortals can't touch the Infinity Stones without disintegrating?
I figured Skull's atoms were scattered across the cosmos.

thats not true, plenty of people dont watch the donner cut

>MCU
>continuity

>everyone's favorite scene in Man of Steel is the first flight
>everyone's favorite scene in Superman Returns is the space plane rescue

>everyone's favorite moments in these shitty movies are the three minutes that they're allowed to fucking be Superman

>Red Skull
>dead
C'mon, user.

Also reminder that Red Skull could have single-handed entire Avengers at EZ without any weapons except maybe Hulk and Thor.

But Schmidt was superhuman, user...

>shitty movies
Please stop for the love of god.

SR is a 6.5/10 and MoS is a 7/10.

>Man of Steel
>Batman v Superman
>Justice League Part I
WIll this be the greatest (superhero) trilogy of all time?

If the trend is continued, yes.
But I fear for JL.

>6.5
>7

So these...average, slightly above average movies?

Yes. Not even CLOSE to shitty.
Especially MoS.

I personally like SR a lot as well, but I understand why people don't like that one much more than why people don't like MoS.

So was Batista, but even he couldn't keep his shit together with Pratt and Zoey helping until Bradley Cooper joined in.

I personally didn't like MoS I feel like Snyder doesn't know much except how to put together exciting fight scenes.

SR just had a good Luthor and NOTHING that would be an interesting conflict for Superman. Plus the creepy I miss Lois stalking thing. Which in all honesty, I'm sure someone with his powers would do that but I don't want to see it.

Imagine Cavil smiling and being happy for the whole MoS and BvS except really sad moments. Imagine Superman talking about hope and good staff to other people. Yeah, not in this timeline, fuckers.

>not muh

It's not muh for literaly every Superman or DC fan. Only edgekids love this angst version. Normies love even fucking Antman more than this Superman, damnit.

>edgekids love this angst version.

Nope. My favorite comic of all time is Busiek's Secret Identity, and I love MoS.

Been reading comics since I was 5 years old.

>DC fags need to be drooling retards to understand the movie
jesus christ and i thought age of shittron was bad
Hollywood should make more dredd or hellboy instead of these garbages

Well, this comic is pretty shitty compared to others, even questinable in his early years Superbro looks better than that.

This is WONDER WOMAN

>Dredd or Hellboy
Everyone on Cred Forums knows that those 2 comics are shit and so is their movie counterparts

fuck off with this "no true scotsman" shit. I've been reading comics since middle school, love Secret Identity, For The Man Who Has Everything, and Final Crisis, like ASS, and am a general superman fan and I love MoS and BvS. Why dont you actually start listing comics you would rather they draw from then just making up vague goal posts.

>hating Secret Identity
wow kid

>doesn't love Secret Identity
Opinion discarded.

You have shit taste.
No wonder you don't like MoS.

You see him pulling this shit, practically body slamming and destroying a goddamn world ending machine with the power of beefcake and then in BvS he can't turn Affleck into mush or subdue him in a nano second. This is coming from the same goddamn director.

>Edgekids talking about taste.
Despite fact that death of Supes were completely unnecessary in BvS, I'm glad that he'll return and will be like real Supes, not your angst shit.

>doesn't like Secret Identity
>calls other people edgekids

>then in BvS he can't turn Affleck into mush or subdue him in a nano second.
You're too stupid to live.

Last (You) from me, bait-kun.

'k. I guess Martha makes perfect sense then.

>
It clearly does.

that was my reaction.
i was hype as shit in the movie theater and i started crying over how great it was.

>waid
waids only criticism was >not muh supes
fuck him

>trilogy
anyway. MoS is a 7, maybe a lite 8.
i loved BvS, but its a 6 at best. sadly average.

But BvS is better than MoS.

Martha actually makes perfect sense, but also makes Bruce unstable angry retard who can be triggered by simple word.

In the directors cut it clearly shows that they all lived.

Not this shit again.

The credited director of the finished movie, Richard Lester, put the cut he wanted into theaters.

The revisionist Donner edit came later.

>BvS theatrical cut is fucking terrible
>w-watch the directors cut
>i-it's the REAL version of the movie
>directors cut of Superman II doesn't count because reasons
Please tell me the difference. Why it's the directors cut of BvS that all you fags point to as being good it's still shit but the directors cut of Superman II isn't allowed?

>mos was such a good movie that people have to defend it and snyder 3 years afterwards

Because BvS has only one director, and the ultimate cut is the home media version.

Superman 2 had only one version by Richard Lester for YEARS, until a new cut was made by a different director.

But keep the false equivalences coming.
Also both cuts of BvS are great.

because of people like this
Who have shit taste in comics and movies.

Go home edgelord, your precious n52 failed and so did this

>liking BvS
>talking about shit taste
You're one of the most hypocritical or delusional retard I've ever seen

But Morrison AC was not edgy at all.

>BvS has only one director
You do know that Donner was the original director right? All the stuff in his cut was originally intended to be in the theatrical release but he was removed and replaced by Lester.
>the ultimate cut is the home media version
No. You can by both versions of BvS and both are included on most BD's.
>both cuts of BvS are great
So what you're saying is you're insane and people should ignore literally everything you say?.....gotcha.

Mos is a great movie, you are just a pleb.

>But BvS is better than MoS.
WHEW
those might be fighting words

idk
i wouldn't say BvS was better.
why do you think that?
BvS had so much more it wanted to accomplish and did at a mediocre level.
MoS hit all the points it needed to hit storywise, whereas BvS didn't have enough Clark, and mainly is about Superman from a 3rd party view.

>tfw you'll probably never reproduce

>when people keep posting the same scene because literally nothing else in the movie is worth talking about

If after 80 years of material to base your movie on and all the time and money, and the goodwill of being THE most recognizable character in the entire genre, the best you can swing is "slightly above average", that's not as good as you're making it sound.

Not only that but it's in the trailer.
Man of Steel is supposedly this great unsung masterpiece but the best scene you don't even have to watch the full movie for its best part.

Will Snyderdrones ever get over this shit?

>I pretend to hate good movies on the Internet

Almost every scene is gold.

Man of Steel has and will always be utter shit.

Source?

>''''''''''''good''''''''''''
if this wasn't superman people would call it shit instead of defending it. it would rightfully be considered a 4/10 if only for the shit dialogue and wooden performances of 95% of the cast.

Nope. Memes aren't reality my friend.

user stop being on deninal the movie is shit and would stil be shit if it wasn't attached to a big name like superman. zack synder is a hack and so is david goyer

>utterly horrible performances from most of the cast, save for Cavill, the guy from SVU and Zodd
>an absolutely dreadful beginning with generic sci-fi explosions backed by 'epic' hans zimmer soundtrack
>flashback sequences of superman doing heroic stuff that he doesn't do at all for the remainder of the film
>ending fight sequence that destroys a good chunk of metropolis, complete with actual deaths, that superman doesn't even bat an eye about
>an utterly boring meaingless 'moral choice' at the end between snapping zodd's neck or letting a few strangers die
>things explode! look at all this destruction! look at how much of our budget went into these cool building collapses!
>his dad dies to a tornado
>a fucking tornado
>no lesson here just 'life sucks and sometimes nature kills you because you wanted to save a dog'
>doesn't even feed into the themes of the movie, really, he just dies to a tornado
>lois' actress delivers lines poorly, is conveniently where the plot is at all times.
>zodd brings her onto his ship for reasons
>at least martha's pretty cool ,the fight scene's, while steroetypically dull, are nice to look at and the first flight scene with clark can make you smile
>the actual heroic sequences that're flashbacks needed to be actual developed scenes

Relatedly, the main problem is this entire thing is just scene after scene of *things happening* *oh no, things happened* *cut to next thing happening*

This is especially prevalent during the kid sequences and heroic flashbacks; it holds, but not long enough for you to get emotional attachment to anyone, save for Clark himself. It spends too long on the bombastic action, the 'epic' fights rather than make you give a shit about people other than Superman and for a Superman story, that's a really bad thing.

You're supposed t o care about not just him, but the people are him and MoS just doesn't fucking do that at goddamn all.

So, yes. Man of Steel is shit, but hey, that's my ~opinion~

>utterly horrible performances from most of the cast

You guys need to be excised from the jean pool.

Not that user, but I preferred Batman v Superman because it didn't feel quite as thematically muddled as Man of Steel.

Batman v Superman was about how people overreacted to the arrival of Superman, and how in their ignorance they led (or nearly led in the case of Batman) to the death of a savior.

Whereas Man of Steel was a mix of sun-god symbolism, the quest for self, and delving into the question of the perfect state (as put forth by Plato's Republic).

But this might just be because I prefer Batman over Superman and I'm still way to happy about the fact that I got to see Batman kick Superman's ass ala Dark Knight Returns.

>oh and pick related is my favorite moment in any movie ever

Sure thing. I'll just remove myself from the jean pool for wanting more out of a bunch of actors than phoned in performances outside of like, three or four people in the entire film.

tl;dr

last (You) btw

Russel Crowe is a better Jor-El than Marlon Brandon. Don't pretend his performance in that movie isn't fucking spectacular.

When you play a role better than one of the greatest actors of the 20th century you aren't giving a "horrible performance" you asinine contrarian.

but those performances -were- awful user. genuinely awful

>I'll just remove myself from the jean pool

You really fucking failed with your comeback there my man.

Why don't I believe you?

oh jeez man you really do have bad taste

thought provoking rebuttal

i don't know man wow you got the downs or summit

wut? Cap is physically his equal AT LEAST and much better at close quarters

also Thor casually annihilates anybody once he gets serious,

>Not that user, but I preferred Batman v Superman because it didn't feel quite as thematically muddled as Man of Steel.
>Batman v Superman was about how people overreacted to the arrival of Superman, and how in their ignorance they led (or nearly led in the case of Batman) to the death of a savior.
these are solid points and i can accept them, and i have nothing to counter or disagree with.

End of the day, I just dont like Batman very much, and BvS is really a "batman" movie (for the reasons you described) than a superman film, and I was hoping for/expecting more Clark and Superman.
Actually i was hoping for alot of Clark and Lois, but same difference.

I agree though. BvS had a very very clear thematic intent, whereas MoS is a little all over the place in execution.
to be fair, Brando's performance was phoned-in and terrible, so its not like the bar was set high.

Do you honestly feel that Russel Crowe didn't deliver the performance of a man who wanted to save his son? Who believed in his son, and his son being not only his legacy but the legacy of his entire species and culture?

You're a pretty whacked out dude if that isn't the feeling you got from his performance.

Also, Lawrence Fishborne was good. And while you might argue with what Pa Kent did Kevin Costner played Pa Kent pretty well too. As did Diane Lane as Ma Kent.

Sure neither of the Battlestar Galactica guys were particularly good, but their performances didn't hurt the movie by any stretch of the imagination, and neither did the child actor they got to play Clark as a kid.

>and BvS is really a "batman" movie (for the reasons you described) than a superman film

I'd check out the extended cut if I were you. While I agree that the theatrical cut is more of a Batman than a Superman movie the extended definitely puts it more in the Superman movie camp.

It's definitely still a shared movie going from 60/40 to 40/60.

And Marlon Brando's phoned in performances are better than 90% of actors can hope for.

fishborne was a bit part in mos and crowe was awful, complete phone in all the way. his acting completely failed to draw me into the world, as did shannon's.

ma and pa kent were okay other then the obvious scene. child actor was okay. everyone else was just terrible.

like a painting

>crowe was awful, complete phone in all the way. his acting completely failed to draw me into the world, as did shannon's.
terminally shit taste
honestly truly terrible opinions

thanks, if it makes you dcucks any less mad i think the acting in marvel movies is bad as well.

I prefer the term DCfag thank you very much!

>I'd check out the extended cut if I were you. While I agree that the theatrical cut is more of a Batman than a Superman movie the extended definitely puts it more in the Superman movie camp.
okay torrenting now

that picture is beautiful, damn.

>And Marlon Brando's phoned in performances are better than 90% of actors can hope for.
>90%
i'll give you 75%
i loved that scene
damn i love superman
i really love Cavill Supes.
just makes me feel so hopeful

>zack snyder fans have the cognitive ability of a literal baby

If it were a bad movie then it wouldn't have defenders.

The Donner cut came out like 20 years after the theatrical version.

>I'm glad that he'll return and will be like real Supes,
He won't.

>reaction videos

Worse. They have the cognitive ability of an 8th grader. The 8th grader with ear gauges that drew skull tattoos in sharpies on his arm during class and came into school in a trenchcoat every day even when it was 90 degrees out. The kind of kid that made Jhonen Vasquez all his money, and is so confident in his own brilliance that anyone that disagrees with him doesn't because they're plebs.

My point is that Matt, if you're somehow reading this, you were a waste of a human being and I hope you got over yourself.

Why do people not comprehend that Superman is an ever changing character. Look from the Golden age to the Silver age, the Silver/Bronze to the Byrne era, Byrne to nu52

All those iterations are extremely different, all superman needs at his core is a pair of glasses for a disguise, and fighting bad guys.

Sorry lad, try again next time