Did South Park stay good longer than The Simpsons did?

Did South Park stay good longer than The Simpsons did?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_America:_World_Police#Production
mega.nz/#F!3Iw0xDhL!fWIe0o9UTbPdLwR6FCMW7g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes

Yes. As far as im concerned, they've never made anything as bad or pandering as lisa goes gaga

no

Yes

Very much so, while I don't like the new seasons as much they've managed to still stay somewhat funny and non-cringey unlike other animated shows.
It will never be as good as it was up through season 11 or so but it's still better than most other animated shows right now.

This

Seasons 11 through 18 are a bit mediocre in comparison to the first 10. But season 19 was a much needed breath of fresh air and proves South Park can still be good.

Yes, in every way

>No celebrity cameo's
>Shits on everybody
>Butters

I get the feeling that Matt and Trey are self-aware enough that if they felt the show was getting stale or bad, they would axe it as soon as possible.

They changed over time but not for the worse like the Simpsons.

Yes, because unlike the Simpons it keeps reinventing itself to stay relevant in society.

>No celebrity cameos
South Park has had several celebrity guest voices over the years. I believe the most recent was PewDiePie, if you include e-celebs.

Original creators still keep doing it, apparently with some kind of passion still.

They seem really into the idea of making the game good.

Their musicals are pretty solid, too. So as far as talent goes, they themselves have gotten a lot better.

I like their new continuous story format more than the old sketch of the week with no lasting repercussions type of thing

Can't really say whether the writing itself has improved or not honestly

I don't think the new format is necessarily better or worse than the sketch of the week format, but it's different, and that's refreshing. They could easily do this for a couple seasons and then go back to sketch of the week afterwards and it'd be fine.

>>No celebrity cameo's
They've had those since at least season 3.
Jennifer Aniston and KoRn come to mind.

SP had a dive in around the time ginger cow aired

I think he meant not a new guest celebrity every single episode

>They seem really into the idea of making the game good.
They seemed the same with SoT, too.
I was fine with the two, three? release date changes because they were actually working on the game.
Only thing I've pre-ordered for about a decade.

Fair enough, could have been clearer.
I'm sick off seeing a lot of episodes of the Simpsons main selling point being "look, we have [insert topical celeb here]" rather than the actual content of the show.
Granted, all I see of the new Simpsons is the ads, but it's a safe bet that there's not much else to grab onto.

Yes.

If you read about the production of Team America you will find that Matt and Trey really care about animation.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_America:_World_Police#Production

South Park has always been hit-or-miss with their episodes.

Simpsons went from consistently good to consistently bad, and it's only getting worse.

So statistically speaking, yes. And South Park will stay better than Simpsons the longer the shows go on.

Some people argue that South Park is still good. No one defended The Simpsons after season 13.

too bad all that care goes into such an otherwise lazy product.

I got it with the Cartman. It's a pretty solid vinyl figure, but I guess it should be when it comes to something as detailed as something like South Park characters.

I felt ripped off because they were supposed to be "exclusive" to the game, but then all these online retailers seems to have a bunch of them for a regular price.

Yeah, I got that edition, too.
Yours come with the map?

>I felt ripped off because they were supposed to be "exclusive" to the game, but then all these online retailers seems to have a bunch of them for a regular price.
What?
Are they selling the figure by itself?

I don't think Kidrobot is selling it themselves, but I remember finding a bunch of retailers selling them on amazon a short while after release.

Mine came with the map, but hilariously enough the person working at EB Games was new. So they gave me that edition, which was really just the box with Cartman in it and the game and map and codes all in that box, but then they didn't realize the game was in it. So they gave me a Cartman figure, which ended up being the PC version, and a regular 360 version in a disc case.

>but I remember finding a bunch of retailers selling them on amazon a short while after release.
Yeah, that's normal.
People love to get the pre-order bonuses and scalp them for more, often in separate parts.

>No one defended The Simpsons after season 13.
You'd be surprised.
There was a thread earlier where someone was defending the current season and several before it.

Yeah but if I remember right there were loads of Ebay sellers that had them for retail-price, even now you can find any Stick of truth figure for a really great price.
I'm not that same user, but I actually just received some blind box FBH figures. I bought Mint-Berry-Crunch and Mysterion because fuck I've wanted a Mysterion for so long and the SDCC one was just too expensive.

>Originally intending to do a shot-for-shot puppet parody of The Day After Tomorrow, Parker and Stone were advised by their lawyers that there could be possible legal repercussions.

>Just watched "You're Getting Old" a few hours ago.

South Park ain't supposed to make me feel this way you guys.

South Park has nice background art these days(but still faitful to its own style)

South Park is more consistent but Simpsons is overall way, wayyy funnier.

New storyboard artist

Is this poor bait or are you just mentally deficient?

Yes.

Didn't he fuck some kids or something?

Unlike most long running cartoon fanbases, South Park doesn't have a general consensus on when it declined.

Some fans even believe it improved over time, in fact.

Excellent.

He was partially responsible for Phil Hartman's death.

I also don't think doing a continous season is better, the season 19 imo was awesome, the whole lorde storyline was perfectly written, however, season 20 was pretty bad imo, a 4/10 i would say, if they would have done s20 a not continous, im sure i would like most of the episodes but with continuous season mode, it's an all or nothing gamble, if i don't like something from the storyline i will probably dislike the whole season

Just looked it up and Christ, man, that's fucked that they'd even consider having him on the show.
Then again, I doubt anyone working on the show knows or even cares about Phil Hartman.
Fuck.

>No celebrity cameo´s
>Their spookyvision are barbra streisand heads

south park gets surprisingly feelsy in some episodes. Tweek x craig is a fucking roller-coaster of emotions in 22 minutes

Simpsons were consistently great then got progressively worse. South Park is inconsistent in its quality always a mix of good great and flat humor.

hmm i agree

Wow, I'm watching the series from the beginning for the very first time and those are so fucking good looking. I'm only in season 6 but even the change of animation software they used was a notable jump in quality.

It's probably because of the nature of its production and how rapid-fire it is. You're prone to more duds, but you can afford to take far more risks so the payoff is often great.

Simpsons had 8 great seasons, then an alright one, and everything since has been total dogshit. It's been great less than 1/3 of its entire run.

Because they stopped doing it all by hand.

I think the games have a huge impact on it. Especially because they said that they didn't even have a proper map of the town until Stick of Truth.
Now with that game, they have a lot of lore and continuity they can work with. It must feel like a breath of fresh air to them. Their characters orobably feel less like gags and more alive. Opposite to the Simpsons funnily enough.

>Tweek x craig is a fucking roller-coaster of emotions in 22 minutes

If you're a faggot or a fujoshit

Get out Skanhunt

It more or less just stayed true to it's core of what it originally was. Where as the simpsons would ruin whole characters for the sake of staying "hip"

Yes, because I still enjoy to watch compared to modern Simpsons.

They never did it by hand.
The only cut-out animated episodes were Jesus vs Frosty or whatever and the other pilot. The actual series was animated in PowerAnimator running on IRIX-based SiliconGraphics workstations, after making basic assets and concepts in CorelDRAW.
Later seasons used Maya.

I'm so impressed with the quality of animation they are able to dish out in such a short amount of time

I could swear the first season was done by hand, claymation style.

The first episode was, everything else was digital.
They even re-rendered everything in hd a while back.

Oh, get fucked, really?

Is there DVD release?
Is there a rip?

mega.nz/#F!3Iw0xDhL!fWIe0o9UTbPdLwR6FCMW7g

Every episode and the movie, barring season 20.

All 20 seasons, remastered, are available for free at southpark.cc.com
Also, turns out episode 1 season 1 was actually animated by hand by Trey and Matt.

No. They even joked in interviews that they used the same software as Jurassic Park.

motherfucker we are 2 episodes in