Wait Ryan Sook is drawing this issue!

Wait Ryan Sook is drawing this issue!

>Teasing us with the regular costume to be swapped out with literal garbage

This stupid fucking comic does not deserve the art it's getting...

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH

DOES THIS TAKE PLACE IN THE SAME MAIN DC UNIVERSE IN THE COMICS

HOLY FUCK NO

WHY THE FUCK WOULD IT DO THAT

DC FINALLY FIXED IT'S SHITHOLE CONTINUITY AND THEY PULL SOME ANIMATED SERIES SHIT?

WHAT IF I DON'T WANT MY BATMAN TO GROW OLD AND CRANKY

FUCK YOU BARRY ALLIN YOU FUCKING WHORE FAGGOT CUNT FOR FUCKING UP THE WHOLE UNIVERSE IN 85 YOU FUCKING WHORE

>Jurgens

it matters not

From Newsarama:

>Nrama: What's the threat as you kick off the series? Sounds like a very familiar one to Batman fans…

>Jurgens: Batman’s greatest foe is generally regarded to be the Joker.

>By that time, the Joker has been thought long dead.

>Until someone tries to bring him back to life, that is.

Kill me.

holy shit Jurgerns is an old hack

Oh fuck off cunt. Batman is never actually going to grow to be this old so why does it matter? You guys care way to much about this shit

Fuck what everyone else is saying. This series has been great!

I was never into beyond, but this has gotten me hooked on it.

Jurgens isn't Lobell and it is waay better than the shit Marvel has put out

People actually hating on this can fuck right off Timbats is here to stay

I hated it too but the cover art is sure doing wonders in convincing me otherwise.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck WHYYYYY

Why not use Terry's own rogues gallery and actually revitalize them in new and interesting ways?!

at least Terry's the main character. what the hell were they thinking with futures end

what are they even thinking with those eyes?!?

hell yeah fucked up zombie joker

Why does DC keep fucking up Beyond so much? Just have everything the way it was on the show and tell new stories. It's that easy

>I was never into beyond, but this has gotten me hooked on it.
Seriously kill yourself.

>Timbats is here to stay
Where have you been?

Jurgens reasoning was that "Tim has a rich history [that I can draw from]"

Its a half assed excuse.

hey at least they got the first half right this time! Terry and Old Bruce

>what the hell were they thinking with futures end

I have no idea. I've said it before but the first arc of DCYou Beyond should have been the last 6 issues of Futures End

This. They're so hellbent on pushing Beyond as a brand when they keep fucking it up with shit like Timbats and recycling Bruce's old villains instead of actually using Terry's own enemies.

Where is old Bruce? I actually read Terrys BB and he was apparently dead.

wait I thought Terry died in Future's End and that version of Tim took his place has BB. What happened? How did Terry come back?

But how will they know its a batman comic if he doesn't have his villains ?!?!

It was to make Tim different. I actually enjoyed it

I know people says Terry's villians were Spider-Man ripoff but I always liked them. That poll thread we had yesterday about villians had me thinking that most heroes have fuck all and Terry's rogues gallery is already better than 95% of other heroes

like all these kind of problems and questions, i'm assuming Wally fixed it.

Last time I checked, Tim was Bats in this storyline. Unless some shit happened in #16

But I recall him getting sucked in some portal and transported back to the future.

Terry and Tim broke the time stream so the future Tim went back to change was already different from the one Terry came back from which resulted in the Terry from the past future not being the Terry in the present future which means he was alive because he never went back to die

>not posting the preview

desu using the arkham knight helmet would be better.

i was going to but that cover blinded me forever

Honestly, Blight, Shriek and Inque alone are pretty fun if handled well. Shriek turned into more of a powerhouse villain while being a master planner (think Bane), Inque as her usual merc/assassin self complete with body-horror, and Blight being practically a super-powered cancer patient that pulls the strings. If more writers actually gave a shit about the series then maybe we'd get something worthwhile.

What the shit

Well at least the art looks nice and it actually looks cyber-punk.

I know user but that's the best answer I have

Ryan Sook is fucking godlike. i don't know what happened to get this going

And that's that.

Why this

It's only the first issue. Afterwards they have the artist from this series pre-Rebirth, Chang or whatever.

>They're so hellbent on pushing Beyond as a brand when they keep fucking it up with shit
Are we sure it isn't WB that's screwing up?
I'm joking.

Jesus Christ!

Looks like somebody plastered a "90's edge" asthetic ontop of a Sentai/Power Ranger suit

Isn't "Dregs" from Judge Dredd comics?

It's a shame that Beyond is squandered on Jurgens. At least they are making small steps to make it less shitty, namely Terry being Batman again.

It would be nice to have some more Beyond shit in terms of cartoons/movies/video games.

No, that's drokk.

Fuck I hate Jurgens

That's the one

The cast is all back to what it should be. Why the red eyes? Why the Joker? Why not Blight?

Just why?

Batman Beyond the show is fantastic.

Batman Beyond comics have always been utter shit.

God fucking Jurgens. Did they have to use the most insufferable hack writer they could find or something?

Everything about Beechen's run is a fucking mess. Hush Beyond was some of the worst garbage I've had the displeasure of reading in a long time. Whoever thought of "Jake Chill, the REAL murderer of Terry's father" (Beechen, presumably) should be shot.

2.0 was somewhat decent. Rewire was a good addition, honestly. Good design, too. 2.0 was certainly better than everything that came before it, but it was weighed down by a very long Justice Lords crossover with JL Beyond, that whole Phantasm stuff with the flashbacks (since I'm sure SO MANY readers were thinking "Where is Jake Chill?"), and some weaker arcs. A shame it had to end to make way for this shit we have now.

>"Jake Chill, the REAL murderer of Terry's father"

That was stupid but I liked the aspect of him becoming a superhero to atone for Joe's crime.

What is it about Hush and everything he's in being utter shit?

look at least johns was able to get him to use Terry instead of tim

Everyone shits on 2.0 for the whole Bruce/Barbara thing, but aside from that, it was pretty alright.

I don't understand why DC keeps giving Beyond to such awful writers, though. It's like they want to kill it off or something.

Was pre-Rebirth Batman Beyond any good?

I don't get why people keep trying to use him!

2.0 is okay. Everything else is nigh-unreadable garbage. Especially avoid anything by Beechen or Jurgens.

All the Hush stories by Dini are flat out great.

>Nrame: This sounds oddly familiar.

>Jurgens: Yes, i suppose you could call it some sort of "Return of The Joker"

I don't like the red eyes on this suit, but it actually works in the first panel here.

So, I fucking love the Batman Beyond cartoon and I've read both BB series that tied in with the show. I have not read any of the recent stuff that seems to be outside the DCAU.

Is any of it worth reading? I've heard nothing but awful things. Is JL Beyond shit as well? Advice on any of the Beyond shit would be appreciated.

>Jurgens isn't Lobell

That's barely praise

Higgins is a decent writer. But he was handed shit on a platter to work with

Rebirth is all about shitty writers being propped up by good artists
>Dexter Soy on Red Hood and the Outlaws
>Otto Schmidt and Juan Ferreyra on Green Arrow
>Alvaro Martinez on Detective Comics
>Tony Daniel on Justice League

I'm not going to read this until they draw the fucking eyes correctly. It is such a small detail but holy fuck does it piss me off.