Full Batman Chronoligical Storytime 05

It's that time again Cred Forumsmrades! Continuing my mad quest to storytime Batman's adventures chronologically throughout his career! (According to a download I have.)

And with more comics coming out tomorrow about Hugo Strange and his Monster Men, how suiting that tonight I'll be tackling Batman and the Monster Men!

Buckle in, don your cape and cowl, and let's get this show back on the road!

Last thread:

Just like in the new comics!

Hahahahaha! And here Hugo tried to be Batman a couple times. More like Batmanlet amirite?

Also what the fuck is up with that article?! Is Vicki Vale on drugs? I bet Jibberish like that doesn't fly at The Daily Planet.

Did Bruce just bail on her when she blinked before they boned?

Not quite as scary as the Monster Men showing up now. I think I liked the buildup a bit more than them just randomly showing up though.

Spooky theatrical Batman is my favourite Batman.

bump

Thanks man.

Oops, accidental spoiler.

Some famous Alfred sass I'm sure we've all seen on here.

For some reason this cover reminds me of the covers for the new Monster Men arc going on right now.

FIN.

And that's all she wrote for the night. Need to get some sleep for work tomorrow. Next story is Prey. Another one about the mad Doctor; Hugo Strange...

nice

thanks OP

spry little guy, aint he?

I really hope Strange holds his own when he and Bats actually confront each other in NotMM.

Fuck yes Alfred!

Thanks OP. Does anyone know if this story is available in trade? Would love to pick it up if it is.

It's out of print sadly. You can buy a used copy on Amazon for $25.

That sucks. But may end up buying a used one off Amazon. It's just called Batman and the Monster Men right?

It was really good (but Matt Wagner is usually pretty good) and DC should definitely republish it.

>reading the Batman stories minus Nightwing because fuck that fag
>have to read Nightwing for this plot

Stop

This was cool. Was the Red Monk story just as good?

Bat-bump

I've been meaning to read Batman, but was always faced with terrible indecision about where to start while doing so. OP, I must thank you for saving me the trouble.

>Not worshipping based Grayson.

Just kys.

Yes, I thought it was better but it's been awhile since I've read it.

Bump

Kek what a bitch

Vat a twist!

WHEN WILL THEY LEAAAARNNN

I love you Alfred.

I didn't care for it, out of the entire trilogy The Man Who Laughs is my personal favorite.

Since I found OP's torrent and downloaded it, I'm thinking of doing a blog or something where I read all the books, and review one story a day. Would anyone on Cred Forums follow a project like that?

Thanks op. I have quite a lot of Batman comics, but there are always ones I missed cropping up. Side note, I loved the art in this one.

Thanks OP

I like how Batman was drawn in the old-school style - really nicely done.