Who are some of your favorite comic book artists...

Who are some of your favorite comic book artists? As someone who is very new to comic books in general I love Dexter Soy, Ivan Reis, Makel Janin and Francis Manapul. However most of that is from the small amount of DC Rebirth I have access to.

Any recommendations would be appreciated could be any issue of DC, Marvel,Dark Horse or whatever just interested in some nice art.

fav artists spectrum from gritty to clean

R.M.Guéra - The Goddamned, Scalped

Johnny Ryan - Prison Pit

Eduardo Risso - 100 Bullets

Sean Phillips - Criminal Fatale

David Aja - The Immortal Iron Fist, Hawkguy

Esad ribic always kills it

God damn Manapul's Trinity was just...mmph. I sat down and just drew a few poses from it because it was so great.

Dave McKean
JH Williams III
Jill Thompson
Fiona Staples
Ben Templesmith (RIP Gotham by Midnight)
and I really liked Babs Tarr's qt Batgirl but I'm lame af and don't give a shit

Most of what I like and what influences my style were the stranger artists who worked with the author to create a sense of strange and weird in their art. Especially interesting panel layouts, that stuff is awesome. So a lot of early Vertigo artists are my favorites

Frank Miller

Ed Benes, SWJ hate him.

>that fucking abysmal art style
OKAY I DID IT OKAY? I RESPONDED TO THE BAIT AND IM NOT PROUD BUT I DID IT ANYWAY

OKAY I DID IT OKAY? I RESPONDED TO THE BAIT AND IM NOT PROUD BUT I DID IT ANYWAY

Dave Sim and Gerhard
Cerebus the Aardvark

>Miller
>Bad

I mean, he is. It's the same girl and the same guy drawn over and over again

Man...that is really bad.

Damn OP. Just starting out and those are some very fine choices. You could do a lot worse.

I humbly would add Steve Mckniven (Civil War, Spiderman, etc.) or Frank Quitely (All Star Superman, New X-Men, etc.)

JRJR, Miller, Manapul, Bill Sienkiewicz, George Perez, Emma Ríos, Paul Pope, i'm forgetting a ton i'm sure

His art has diped a lot over the years but frank was one of the best comic artist in the industry

Strictly art? Earth 2: Society has Bruno Redondo.

Nice choice he did one of my favorite injustice covers

god that ass

>because an artist got worse he's shit

Not really, even through the 90s he was aces
Sin City is known for its character design.

Alex Ross

But that's Paul Smith, not Miller.

Smith does belong in this discussion though.

No shit? Whoops
Well Miller does do that sword fighting wolverine thing well

Frank Quitely
Clay Mann
JH Williams III
Leinil Francis Yu
David López
Chris Burnham

I have weird shitty taste

The King